Additional contact list on exchange 5.5

Hello All,

Please recommend. How do I create additional address book on Exchange 5.5
that contain a list of external e-mail contacts? Do I create an addition
recipient container? But, doesn't that also create additional mail boxes as
well?  All I want to do is add a list of additional e-mail address (Vendors,
customers, etc..Contacts) on Exchange Server so all of our internal users
can bring up the information from the address book instead creating their
own contact list on their local machine in Outlook. I hope this explain well
enough for you to understand. Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you in advance for your recommendation!

Adam

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

ASP.NET and Exchange on a domain controller
Hi all I am trying to install Exchange 2003 for testing purposes on a Windows 2003 domain controller box. Whenever I get to the point of enabling ASP.NET on IIS Manager it does not appear there even though ASP.NET is installed on the system. I have gone through the Technet Article 315158. It says in the article that the problem has been fixed with the 1.1 >Net framework. As far as I can tell I do have this version of .Net but still have no joy. ANy help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Isaac de Abreu Johannesburg - South Africa ...

Exchange Rate on Bank Transfer
Is there a way to modify the exchange rate on a bank transfer in the bank transfer screen? It seems I have to enter the Exchange Rate tables and modify the system wide exchange rate. What if the exchange rate for one transaction is different from that of another (since I have multiple bank accounts)? Adam, You can always change the exchange rate on the foreign currency checkbook whether you are transferring from or to it. If the exchange rate does not exist for the date of the transaction, the system will prompt you for a valid exchange rate depending on whether your exchange rates ar...

.NET 3.0, 3.5 SP1, Media Center Issues
Well, I managed to download .NET Framework 3.0, in lieu of 3.5 simply DISCONNECTING non-stop, and though it (3.0) tells me that it has been successfully downloaded and you can now disconnect from the internet", "setup is proceeding to install it" etc., and not more than a few seconds elapse before it tells me that "an error occured, all files are being removed from the computer"...an icon is on the desktop, and I'm advised that when I click on the install icon it will be installed...again, and again..ad nauseam. 3.5 SP-1 will not even complete downlo...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Public Folders on Exchange 2003
We ran through the deployment tools and have linked a new Exchange 2003 server to an existing Exchange 5.5 server. We used pfmigrate to create public folder replicas on our target server, the Exchange 2003 server. We have not yet run the command to remove the replicated public folders from our source server (Exchange 5.5 server). Is it true that we would only run this step once we are ready to decommission our Exchange 5.5 server? How do I verify that the folders actually exist on our Exchange 2003 server? The reason I ask is that we are doing backup of our Exchange 2003 server wi...

Exch 5.5 SP4
Hi One of my user sent an email to the client yesterday, Since then this user has been receiving return receipt every two minutes. Client has been also receiving the email in every 3 minutes. I have rebooted my server, Recreated the email address. Rest the IMS queue. Following is the email which my user are receving. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance -----Original Message----- From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@nl.sbc.com] Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:01 AM To: Valerie@.com Subject: Return receipt The original message was received at Sat, 3 Feb 2007 ...

Leave copies on server with Exchange 2003
Hi all, I have a user who normally connects to an exchange server in the office, but he likes to connect to his mail box via pop3 on his phone/pda when out and about. The trouble is that the pda downloads his entire mailbox every time and removes them from his inbox on the server, even when 'Leave a copy on the server' is checked. I've tested this in the office using Outlook Express to confirm that this is happening. How can I have the server leave a copy of everything in the exchange mialbox, while sending new items to the device which requests them? Many thanks, Garet...

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Replication Message (Ver 5.5.1960)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 organization with 6 sites. The sites are connected by an Exchange server that has X400 Connectors. In this server, Messages with subject:"Replication Message (Ver 5.5.1960)" fill the DS mailbox and then this result in problem. Problem is that changes are not replicated but mailing is working. When I noticed, the mailbox had more than 150000 items and then I deleted all messages. After that the replication started working. But the same problem happened a few days later and I solved it in the same way. But this repeates and I can't find any perm...

Need to backup Contacts
I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME. I want to make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of the file. When I search on *.pab, it returns "not found". I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know the file exists somewhere. Any suggestions on where to find or how to back-up? Thanks. Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and has not been used for a number of releases. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

Transferring contacts from OAB file
Hello, I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. I copied the oab, ost, and pst files to an external harddrive but have not been able to open the offline address book in Outlook at home. The pst opens fine. Any assistance or ideas appreciated. Thanks Love your attempt in regards to the oab/ost, but take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm <dextrorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148816290.691150.313800@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. > > ...

unsafe attachments #5
I cannot view most of the attachments sent to me. I get an error that reads "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:....." How can I fix this? I can send these attachments to another user on our system and he has no problems opening the attachments. Please help. Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft...

Exchange Tool
getting this error in MSextmx.log when running Version 2 of the tool Please login to profile with admim privilges. Unable find mailbox timezone: error:0x80004005 The user I am logged onto and using OL has full permissions and send as on all the mailboxes in the exchange. Any thoughts, Thank you in advance. sometimes you just have to manually enter the server name and timezone yourself, it should look like this: /O=myorg/OU=my1admingroup/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=sid myserver Mountain Standard Time "WILDPACKET" wrote: > > getting this error in MSextmx.log when running V...

Exporting distribution lists
Is thee any way to export distribution lists into something like a spreadsheet? Hello: Which version of Exchange are you using? In 5.5 it is easy to do. 200x is not as easy, but doable. Regards, Martin "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a5240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is thee any way to export distribution lists into > something like a spreadsheet? Do you keep all of your DGs in one OU? If so you can easily use LDIFDE or dsquery group. "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a524...

AOL to Outlook 2003, transfer contacts and favorites, help?
Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 now. How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time from my AOL address book to Outlook. Also have lots of 'favorites' on AOL I would like to keep... Jakfrost "Jakfrost" <Jakfrost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924061C2-70C6-45DE-BA7D-9533902A9783@microsoft.com... > Moving from 7 years of AOL service to a new ISP and using Outlook 2003 > now. > How do I avoid having to copy/paste hundreds of contacts one at a time > from > my AOL addres...

Recreate Exchange 2000 with Disaster Recovery Switch
How do I do that? Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin of Exchange. I've only done two "vanilla" installs. TIA, seems after reading for a while I would use a cmd box to go to the dir on the CD and issue "setup /disasterrecovery". If that is correct, am I to assume that this will "re-use" my existing data? By that I mean I plan to issue this statement on a machine where Exchange is hosed but the data store seems to be in tact. "bestbapu" wrote: > How do I do that? > > Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Investors Needed!!! #5
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

POP3 setup Exchange 2003
Can someone point me in the right direction for how to setup POP3 for external users in an Exchange 2003 environment? It is currently setup to send and receive via smtp, I want to allow certain users only access to pickup and send mail via this server via POP3. Thanks Enable the POP3 service and then open up the port (110) on your Firewall. Are you looking for more info? Nue "Ziguana" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF74E38-3ACD-4AA0-9177-2424C4E410DC@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me in the right direction for how to setup POP3 for &...

Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging Server not working properly
After I upgrade my windows enviroment from 2k to 2k3.The exchange enviroment is still in Exchange 2000 native mode. But my Instant Messaging Server start having problem. User can not login into the services intermitantly. Is there any solution or explaination for this? ...

Contacts' names & addresses
i would like to find out whether I can store my contacts' information (names and Addresses) in Excel, so that it can be self-completing when I am working on a new worksheet. You can use the VLOOKUP function to return data from a table. There are instructions and examples here: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Thijs wrote: > i would like to find out whether I can store my contacts' information (names > and Addresses) in Excel, so that it can be self-completing when I am working > on a new worksheet. > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Bo...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...