Adding Windows 2003 DC into existing 2000 Domain with Exchange 2000

Hello,

I currently have a single Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000 and am in
the process of building a new server; in which I will install Windows 2003.
I would like to make the new 2003 server a DC for my existing domain and
have it also be a secondary DNS, WINS, etc.  From what I have read in the
NGs it is required to upgrade the 2000 AD schema to 2003 in order to promote
the 2003 server to a DC of an existing Windows 2000 domain.  Will this
affect Exchange 2000 in any way?  My 2000 server has been running like a top
for over a year.  I also realize I should not run Exchange 2000 on Windows
2003 and have no intention of doing so.

Thank you,
Jason

0
istman (1)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314649

ISTMAN wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I currently have a single Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000 and am in
> the process of building a new server; in which I will install Windows 2003.
> I would like to make the new 2003 server a DC for my existing domain and
> have it also be a secondary DNS, WINS, etc.  From what I have read in the
> NGs it is required to upgrade the 2000 AD schema to 2003 in order to promote
> the 2003 server to a DC of an existing Windows 2000 domain.  Will this
> affect Exchange 2000 in any way?  My 2000 server has been running like a top
> for over a year.  I also realize I should not run Exchange 2000 on Windows
> 2003 and have no intention of doing so.
>
> Thank you,
> Jason

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
4/23/2004 7:48:15 AM
"ISTMAN" <istman@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I currently have a single Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2000 and am in
>the process of building a new server; in which I will install Windows 2003.
>I would like to make the new 2003 server a DC for my existing domain and
>have it also be a secondary DNS, WINS, etc.  From what I have read in the
>NGs it is required to upgrade the 2000 AD schema to 2003 in order to promote
>the 2003 server to a DC of an existing Windows 2000 domain.  Will this
>affect Exchange 2000 in any way?  My 2000 server has been running like a top
>for over a year.  I also realize I should not run Exchange 2000 on Windows
>2003 and have no intention of doing so.
>
>Thank you,
>Jason

No, you can operate E2K in a  W2K3 domain just fine.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

AD Sync problem

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

Business Portal should allow requisition to be added to issued PO
The printing of a PO changes the status of the PO from New to Released (signifying the release of the PO to the vendor). Once a PO has been released, it will not show as a PO you can add items to from business portal. The current design of the product only allows you to add to POs with a status of New. Adding an item to a Released PO should trigger a change order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Adding PST Tax onto Invoice Report
Hi there, Can anyone show me or help me start off in modifying the sales invoice report to display both GST and PST taxes for Canadian companies. I know that the report is within report writer but am clueless on how to start this off, but more on where I need to pull the data. Thanks. Hi Ian, This is fairly easy... you'll have to work with calculated fields and use the schdeduled tax table (TX_Detail_MSTR = TX00201). Normaly, those taxes are already taken care within the default SOP Blank Form, but I suspect that you want to show the various tax labels and their respec...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Changing Domain Name through Internet Address Management Wizard
Hi Guys I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing remote.mydomain.com address through Internet address management wizard. Now he wants to change to remote.mynewdomain.com as old domain is too long. Is there any way so we can change through IAMW. run the wiz, job done. "Atul Sood" <atulsood@live.com> wrote in message news:uVlbmkd3KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys > > I know its weekend. but i need to post for peace of mind. I have a client > using SBS 2008 STD.He isusing rem...