Adding additional smtp domains?

Currently in a mixed mode with 2003/5.5 servers in our first site and a
5.5 server in the second site.

We have mail setup so that all users have an @defaultdomain.com address
- this is configured on the Default recipient policy, and the 2 policies
that have been auto-generated that have the same names as the exisiting
sites.

We have some users who need to receive mail for other domains that we
own.

I'm not clear on the best way to tell Exchange 2003 to accept mail for
these domains, but not to automatically add or modify any existing email
addresses.

We're talking half a dozen users so I'm happy enough doing it by hand as
I'm not sure there's any criteria to do it automatically through a
filter.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 14:41:09 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net>
wrote:

>Currently in a mixed mode with 2003/5.5 servers in our first site and a
>5.5 server in the second site.
>
>We have mail setup so that all users have an @defaultdomain.com address
>- this is configured on the Default recipient policy, and the 2 policies
>that have been auto-generated that have the same names as the exisiting
>sites.
>
>We have some users who need to receive mail for other domains that we
>own.
>
>I'm not clear on the best way to tell Exchange 2003 to accept mail for
>these domains, but not to automatically add or modify any existing email
>addresses.
>
>We're talking half a dozen users so I'm happy enough doing it by hand as
>I'm not sure there's any criteria to do it automatically through a
>filter.
>
>cheers,
>Paul

Add the SMTP domains to the recipient policy and for those ind
accounts, uncheck the automatically update email addresses based on
recpient policy checkbox in ADUC under the email address tab.
0
adavid (8731)
2/5/2006 3:12:58 PM
In article <885cu19a7a4fdp0l2euvr0jqsvvea1vit6@4ax.com>,
 "Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

> Add the SMTP domains to the recipient policy and for those ind
> accounts, uncheck the automatically update email addresses based on
> recpient policy checkbox in ADUC under the email address tab.

Andy, thanks, but what happens to the other 500 or so accounts?

I'm wary of modifying everybodys existing email addresses when all I
want to do is tell 2003 to also accept mail for xyz.com.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0
wrote:

>In article <885cu19a7a4fdp0l2euvr0jqsvvea1vit6@4ax.com>,
> "Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>> Add the SMTP domains to the recipient policy and for those ind
>> accounts, uncheck the automatically update email addresses based on
>> recpient policy checkbox in ADUC under the email address tab.
>

>Andy, thanks, but what happens to the other 500 or so accounts?
>
>I'm wary of modifying everybodys existing email addresses when all I
>want to do is tell 2003 to also accept mail for xyz.com.
>
>cheers,
>Paul

Take a look at:

http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319201

"How To Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange
2000"  ( still applies)
0
adavid (8731)
2/5/2006 3:31:52 PM
I would probably NOT use the default policy for this, but rather create an
additional and add this email address / domain.
And as Andy said, uncheck the "automatically update email addresses based on
recipient policy checkbox".
That should do it.

"Paul Hutchings" <paul@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> In article <885cu19a7a4fdp0l2euvr0jqsvvea1vit6@4ax.com>,
> "Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>> Add the SMTP domains to the recipient policy and for those ind
>> accounts, uncheck the automatically update email addresses based on
>> recpient policy checkbox in ADUC under the email address tab.
>

> Andy, thanks, but what happens to the other 500 or so accounts?
>
> I'm wary of modifying everybodys existing email addresses when all I
> want to do is tell 2003 to also accept mail for xyz.com.
>
> cheers,
> Paul
> --
> paul@spamcop.net

0
exchangemvp (657)
2/5/2006 3:45:50 PM
In article <dg6cu15kqlep97h5rprdg8svp3vtpqsmrv@4ax.com>,
 "Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

> Take a look at:
>
> http://www.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319201
>
> "How To Use Recipient Policies to Control E-mail Addresses in Exchange
> 2000"  ( still applies)

Thanks Andy, I'd been reading that already - the thing I'm not clear on
is that in most cases the documentation assume you have a group of
people who work in "department A" who will all have the same primary
address domain, and need to receive mail to the same set of domains.

We have some people in "department A" who need one primary domain, some
others who need another primary domain, but who all need to accept mail
to the same set of domains, IYSWIM.

We also have generic mailboxes such as "Postmaster" and "Abuse" where we
need to be able to receive mail to those domains but have the primary
address set to our main domain.

It would appear you need to define quite a few policies, whereas under
5.5 you just said "accept to this domain" and gave people addresses if
they needed them?

I have RTFM, but between the Jim McBee book, and the MS Docs I'm simply
worried I'm going to stuff up everyone's email addresses.

cheers,
Paul
--
paul@spamcop.net
0

Adding Pasted Links
I need to add two values together and paste the results in a different worksheet. I have a table with many of these operations. Short of typing the full links, is there a short cut way to do this? thanks -- Champskipper If you've got a formula like =Sheet1!B1+Sheet1!C1, you can copy the formula as far down the column as you like, and the references will change the appropriare row as you copy down. -- David Biddulph "Champskipper" <champskipper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438F18BF-7B24-4D2B-8328-FC34BE82A4CD@microsoft.com... >I...

Exchange Kicked out of Domain
I have a multi site multi domain 2003 AD environment with an Active/Passive Exchange cluster. The inactive node appears to have been kicked out of the domain. I cannot log in to the inactive node with a domain account. On the DC I'm getting the following error messages: Event Type: Error Event Source: NETLOGON Event Category: None Event ID: 5722 Date: 6/12/2006 Time: 8:22:28 PM User: N/A Computer: NADC1 Description: The session setup from the computer BE2 failed to authenticate. The name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is BE2$. The following error occurre...

4.4.7 Mail Delivery Problems to Certain Domains
Hey Guys, I've got a problem that has me stumped. There are certain domains that we cannot send mail to. I've turned on logging on the Exchange server to maximum and changed the SMTP Protocol registry binary value to 7 in this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeTransport\Diagnostics For each of the domains that we are having problems sending mail to the SMTP communication always stops at RCPT TO. Here is a sample communication: 2006-02-28 21:24:42 1.1.1.1 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OURMAILSERVER - 25 - - 20+mailserver.company.co...

2008 R2.. a way to offsite change password for domain users on vpn
There used to be an admin tool with 2003 and maybe 2008, i forget.. a web link you could click on to change a domain account's password remotely... Does this sort of functionality exist for 2008 R2? What are most doing for this ability.. ie: remote VPN users? Thanks Does anyone have any tips on this.. i discovered i could use exchange 2010's owa interface to change the password.. however, the password change tool seems out of sync with the domain, because no matter how complex i make the password, it wont let me change it, but when i use the change password i...

Adding Right-Click Functionality
Is there a way I can add more options to the right click menus in CRM when I right click on an Object? If the whole thing uses ASP, shouldn't it be possible? HELP! Thanks! The context menus are generated in the code-behind pages, so it isn't that esy to modify them. You could do this thoguh with some javascript that modifes the resulting div on the fly when the age displays. This would not be a supported change though. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 24 May 2005 08:19:47 -0700, "IT Guy"...

SMTP Server State Not Available (?)
I'm not sure what happened, but my Win2003 SP1 / Exchange 2003 SP2 server which is providing email and web services to me looks quirky this morning. I *think* all mail is being properly delivered, but when I look in the queue in the Exchange System Manager, the Default SMTP Virtual Server shows a state of 'Not Available'. I used to be able to see all the SMTP connections to various mail servers. Is this a problem and what do I need to do to fix it? I was trying to get OMA working yesterday but I bailed on that attempt since this is a production server. Thanks, Rob On F...

Unable to connect to SMTP server for outgoing emails
I have WLM installed on my laptop with Win 7 and have 3 email accounts that I use 1 n earthlink and 2 on my local ISP. I receive email from all 3 (using POP3) but am unable to connect to the SMTP servers to send on any of the accounts. I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.skyvalleynetwork.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Only the server will be different for my earthlink account. Any idea what is wrong. I have verified the...

Please help me with =SMTP:
I have had a problem with both outlook 2000 and 2002 which I have not be correct or find any information on. I have both internet and Exchange e-mail installed. Sometimes when I send e-mails, =SMTP: is added to the beginning of the send e-mail address after I press the send button. When the =SMTP: is added my e-mail goes directly to the sent folder but never gets sent. I have had this cause me problems because I think an e-mail has been sent even when it has not. Does anyone know how to fix this or what causes this to happen? Thanks, Rosalyn Replied in microsoft.public.outlook.general...

Cannot set SMTP delivery restrictions in 5.5
In Exchange 5.5, we think after adding site connectors for three other Exchange servers, we cannot restrict delivery for any individuals or groups on the SMTP connector... neither "Allow" nor "Reject". We have added groups to one category then the other, restarting the IMS (SMTP) service in the process, but still no joy. Even left one account in the "Reject" category for several days...never stopped being able to send SMTP messages. We have all of the latest patches and SP4. We don't restrict delivery often, but it has worked in the last year...ju...

need help adding account
I added a credit card account (us bank) successfully to ms money 2005 deluxe. By mistake i deleted that account. Now, I have been trying to add the account again. It keeps telling me that account setup is temporarily unavailable. I get this message when i select the option that says i haven't signed up with US Bank to use ms money. I had selected the same option earlier when i was successful. Money won't let me add the account now :-( Please help. ...

Compress excel without using additional software
Hi, Is it possible to compress Excel without installing any additional software or writing any programs? Thanks for your help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "nylecaj" <nylecaj.v2iyi@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >Is it possible to compress Excel without installing any additional >software or writing any programs? The compression capabilities built into NTFS file systems are adequate for your needs? Direct answer: no. ...

Adding Size Field In Outlook 2000
Hello, In my Domain, I want to add to All my users the Size Field to their Outlook 2000, How can I do this..??? I realize that this on the level of user outlook Profile, And not in the level of the Exchange Sever. Orly Send these instructions to the users: Right click in the column heading areas, and select Field Chooser. Switch the drop-down to the All Mail Fields and then scroll down to the "size" entry. Drag it from the field chooser window to the toolbar and drop it where the individual user wants it to display. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies ...

after to try add DC win 2008 into AD server 2003, dns problems
Hello. For a situation that has happened. My domain, Midominio.com example, running on a Server 2003 Standard Edition, with DNS name resolution server as Active Directory integrated. So far so good! The client requested a new server to integrate with Windows 2008 Server enterprise edition, as additional domain controller. I then decided to implement: 1) adprep / forestprep 2) adprep / domainprep / gpprep The system reported ok. Then on the server 2008, I ran dcpromo / adv TCPIP with the following configuration: a) Server 2003 domain controller: ip: 192.168.1.10 / 16; dns: 192.16...

Adding tab on Users Field
Hi, Is it possible to add a tab under Setting> BU Settings> Users> beside Addresses? Hope to hearing from you soon. Thanks Carrie No possible to modify the user object/entity via out of box system customization tool Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to add a tab under Setting> BU Settings> Users> beside > Addresses? > > Hope to hearing from you soon. > > Thanks > Carrie ...

HOW TO
I need to know how to extract/recieve/get a list of user smtp addresses from AD/GAL/Exchange so that I can make a report. This is a very basic process in ANY OTHER mail server but microsoft makes admin life insanely hard with leaving out a basic function such as this. Please do not send me a script link from some ADO CDO site without a sound explanation of how to use it. I need a functional way within AD/GAL/Exchange to do this, not some developer code process, can anyone answer this question? MS experts? anyone? Thanks in advance, http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all...

Question about data in SMTP header
Does anyone know what the message below means? X-OriginalArrivalTime: 16 Dec 2005 18:53:28.0827 (UTC) FILETIME=[00B8B4B0:01C60272] -- Mike C On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:34:03 -0800, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what the message below means? >X-OriginalArrivalTime: 16 Dec 2005 18:53:28.0827 (UTC) >FILETIME=[00B8B4B0:01C60272] What's to know? The field is explained here: http://www.ninebynine.org/IETF/Messaging/HdrRegistry/mail/X-OriginalArrivalTime.html and the only other part of that is the UTC thing, by which they really mean GMT. ...

Changed 2008 domain with Exhange 2010 server
I've been checking on ways to rename our internal domain name as the company that owns the servers has changed. I ran across http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816848(WS.10).aspx, which appears to indicate this can't be done with Exchange 2010. Is there another way? Thank you. "Allyn" <Allyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:42581469-5B08-4C10-B0F0-50745BDC8D4A@microsoft.com... > I've been checking on ways to rename our internal domain name as the = company=20 > that owns the servers has changed. I ran across=20 > h...

Exchange 2003 SBS SMTP question
We have a client that subscribes to "Brinkster" they are a service that provides email and dns services. We receive email through brinkster (they are the primary mx).. They also provide SMTP service, but you must use specific parameters to send email through them. You must authenticate using username/password / etc. Is it possible through an add on to instruct exchange to forward all internet email destined for the internet through SMTP using authentication?? We are at our wits end with this. Currently, the email server is sending directly to the internet, but much of the emai...

Adding Values to Contract Billing Frequency Drop-Down Menu
I just added the a value to the Contract Billing Frequency Drop-Down Menu via: MSCRM>Settings>System Customization>Contract Customization>Customize Form The problem now is that when making our Contract Templates, this new values doesn't appear. Of course I can't to customize the "Contract Template Form" to add this value here to, but shouldn't it refer to the same drop-down menu? How do I make this work? Thanks, SturE hi Sture Van de moortel, did you publish your changes with the deployment manager and reset the iis? I hope this helps Andreas Donaubauer...

default domain name on email address needs to be changed
Hey, SBS 4.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a (Exchange 5.5 SP4) Had to rebuild an SBS machine, install this software for the first time, and had backed up the public and private information stores before doing so. As this is a small company it was easy enough to get the users to backup their mailboxes as pst files also, just in case. Computer name for SBS is XXX in a domain called YYY, so whenever I create a new mailbox, the default email address comes out as user@XXX.YYY.com, but the company name is ZZZ so all email addresses should be (and were, on the old SBS) user@ZZZ.com.au . Can this be changed after i...

Folder shaing across domains
I have 2 AD forests with full trust. Each has its own domain and exchange server. I'd like a user from domain1 to share a calendar with a user on domain2. I'm currently using the sync util to synchronize certain public folders and I could create matching mailboxes on both servers but legally these 2 domains have to mostly remain separate. I can't have the CEO of one company having a full synced mailbox on the exchange server for the other but they need to see his calendar only. Is this possible and how would one do it since one Exchange server can't see the other's i...

Adding fields to tables in SQL/CRM
I would like to add about 5 fields to the contact form and was wondering if that can be done with MSAccess. Thanks, Antony To add fields to CRM you first add them using the schema manager in the crm deployment manager tool. After adding the fields you need to publish the fields using deployment manager then reset the web server to refresh its data. Once done you can then go into the CRM web interface as a crm administrator and then go into customization and add the fields to whatever form you need. MSAccess is never used to do this. "Antony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Multiple SMTP Domains #2
I have configured multiple smtp domains on exchange (2003, sp2, fe, be enviorment). i have configured another virutal http server with the host header of this domain so that it seperates the users from the other domain resources, ie. public folder and mailbox stores. however they can only logon when they use the smtp domain in the address.. https://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange/user@secondsmtpdomain.com whenthey log on using the forms based authentication they get a 404 page not found, if they use that specified url they can get in fine. any ideas?? thanks! "Gabe Matteson"...

Problem adding Wells Fargo account
I am just trying out Money 2007 to see if I like it and I am having a problem trying to setup a Wells Fargo account. I do the "Add a new account" option and then enter my information (I select the "No, I haven't signed up with Wells Fargo to use Money or Quicken." option), but it says that the update was unsuccessful. I have tried using both my username and SSN, but neither seem to work. When I click on the "Send Error Report" button it takes me to this page: http://moneycentral.msn.com/money/2004/ee.asp?ProdVer=16.00.10.1024&FileName=ObRes.dll&FileVer...

Adding trx desc from Payables Transaction Entry window to check
Hi all, My customer is trying to print check from the Payables Transaction window. But she needs to extract the transaction description onto the check. I checked in KnowledgeBase - it is possible to add if the invoice is posted. But this check is printed on the fly and so the transaction is in PM Transaction WORK table. Any idea how I can add/link this table to the PM Payment WORK table? Thanks in advance. Regards, Saras ...