Adding a Second Domain Name to 5.5

I am adding a second domain name to our mail. I went into
the IMS and added blazierlaw.com to the routing group for
inbound but I get no mail.  The Mx record is pointing tomy
server.  what am i missing
0
anonymous (74722)

The secondary domain name that you have should be registered with internic
or any  internet registar '.  Also the IP address of where that domain
should be re-routed to from anywhere on the internet should point to a
location or point of presence on the company wan that will send the mail
back to the e-mail server.  if the new domain name cannot be resolved on the
open internet, any e-mail to that domain name will not come back to your
company network for your local MX record to resolve.

"Jim Hall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am adding a second domain name to our mail. I went into
> the IMS and added blazierlaw.com to the routing group for
> inbound but I get no mail.  The Mx record is pointing tomy
> server.  what am i missing

0
varvare (12)

Effect of Domain change on Outlook
My PC was a stand alone PC that previously belonged to a domain (that was no more in use). I had Outlook running on it that could get my e-mails from several web e-mail services using POP3 (no Exchange). I had a few thousand e-mails in this outlook. For some reason I removed my PC from the Domain and join a workgroup. Now when I launch my Outlook, it wants to start from scratch. Can my previous e-mail accounts, rules, contacts, and vital e-mails be re-stored? Thank you in advance, Ben If you were using a .pst file for your mail storage, it may have a = different name than outlook.pst -...

Migrate/upgrade 5.5 SP4 to Exch 2000
I need to migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5SP4 to Exch 2000. Ex5.5 sits on a stand alone NT 4.0 SP6a server and want to upgade this to W2K SVR and install Exch 2000 onto it, then finally migrate/upgrade Exch 5.5 private/pub mail boxes to it. Does the W2K SVR have to be running 'Active directory services' to support Exch 2000? If I installed W2K SRV as a stand alone server (will introduct W2K Active directory services later removing NT4 domain infrustructure later) then run the following: i) simply run a cold BU of EXCH 5.5, then restore 'priv & pub.edb's' along with associated &...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

NT/ Exchange 5.5 - No PST's
Hello all quick question. We have NT servers with Exchange 5.5 running for internal only and are looking at doing away with PST and converting all users over to running off the mail server itself at the same time we are looking at no longer using a tape backup solution but either that of another drive offsite or some type of removeable hot swap typedrive. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what to backup now that we will no longer be using .pst's and if there is anything special needed for exchange. I have yet to find anything concrete even looking at MS site. ...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

how do I have contacts and companies name is tasks
I'm new to outlook, When I create field chooser and have the Company Name & Contact name in fields Sometimes both Company name & Contact name shows up when I schedule a task. (That is what I want) However most of the time only the contact name shows up??? and no Company Name? Does anyone know why this is inconsistant? And How I can display both all the time? Thanks in advance Mike iselltape@cox.net ...

Help! #5
How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without setting the autofilter for all the columns? Any help much apreciated. Select your columns (including headers) and apply autofilter. Anyway, since autofilter filters out data by hiding rows, columns not included in autofilter wil also be hidden. (please excuse my hefty english) -- AP "Pat Watson" <pat.n.watson@baesystems.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 4496a1e0$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > How can I filter single columns say three out of eight columns without > setting the autofilt...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Ex5.5 to E2003 intra org migration ...help
Hi.. Berfore I get to issue I would first like to begin by asking the following question..>> There seems to be some difference between Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 and how permissions are applied to public folders. Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory objects, such as users and security groups; and Exchange 5.5 uses Exchange objects, such as mailboxes and distribution lists. This means to apply permissions to public folders, Active Directory must have the equivalent to an Exchange distribution list which is Universal security groups ..As a result to keep the permmisions on Exchan...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3
Hi, I don't understand what's happening. When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in exchange 2003. It was working a week ago... It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no mailbox. Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet. I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you do not see it, this may be the cause. Frank &qu...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...

how field name output same as input
Thanks for any help. I have a query from a couple tables, and one of the field names in the table is 'IGP' and I have a field in the query that was IGP and now I changed to IGP: iif(blah IGP blah) which gives me a circular error. The table is used by a bunch of other things, so I don't want to change the field name there, and the field name for the output is used by a bunch of things, so nor do I want to change the name there. I am using Access 2007. I thought about changing the output field to IGP_, and I could change the embedded queries in Excel that use it, but...

Admin Problem from 5.5 to 2k3 Exchange
We just migrated all of our email boxes to Exchange 2k3 from Exchange 5.5. Now our administrators can't look at any of the users outlook information unless they are given the rights from that users. Before the administrators could look at the persons information and remove or help the people with problems and questions if need be. How can our Administrators gain access to these exchange boxes again? There are several articles out there on this. In E2K3, domain admins and enterprise admins are explicitly denied this access. There are work arounds. try this: http://www.winnetma...

Outlook/Inaccurate Check Names Resolve
I currently have Outlook 2002 with Exchange 2000 and am in a network environment. I've noticed that if I modify an existing contact to reflect perhaps a new email address, when I compose a message in Outlook and use the check names feature, where it populates my TO field automatically by typing a few of the letters of the name, it pops in the old address of that contact, even though I've modified it to the new address. Also, if the few letters that I type match a few different contact names, a suggestion list comes up and the incorrect (old) address for this person is also ...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

Getting machine name when connecting to db
We have an application in Access 2000, front end/back end design,10-12 users. I want to save the dates and times they enter and exitfrom the app from their workstations in a table in the back end.How do I get the name of their workstation to save to that table? Theworkstations have names like "sales1", "sales2", "Reception", etc.Paul Fenton Add error handling as required. Place in a module and call functionwhen needed.'example by Donavon Kuhn (Donavon.Kuhn@Nextel.com)Private Const MAX_COMPUTERNAME_LENGTH As Long = 31Private Declare Function GetComputerName L...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

create a report using vba to select the names for the report
Hi, I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as creating a string with customer names in it. Whats next? sample = Selected_Customer_Names= [ABC], [test], [New], [A New One] ...... and so on. Is this correct for the report and/or how do i open the report with the above only listed? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 03:47:34 GMT, "trevorC via AccessMonster.com" <u44860@uwe> wrote: >Hi, >I need to create a report of selected Customers, I have gone as far as >creating a string with ...

Outlook 97 #5
upgraded motherboard i receive error message,"Msoeres.Dll. cannot be found outlook express may not be installed correctly This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=f...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

Adding a horizontal line to a Pivot Chart
I can't get a horizontal line added to a pivot chart (column or line) by using the series method. Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to add the horizontal line to show things like the mean and standard deviation. Thanks in advance. Sharon - Pivot charts don't allow you to include data that's not in the pivot table, and I think it only allows a very limited number of combination charts, if any. Sorry to disappoint. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ sharonc wrote: > I can't get ...