adding a new mailbox

Exchange 5, Win 2000 SB.  Adding a new mailbox, which I have done dozens of
times.  Let's say I want to add a mailbox for 'test'.  No problem, I finish
all profile and complete the email addtess as test@mydomain.org.  I close and
I go to email address tab and add test@mydomain.org and make it the default.
Close and go back to the email addresses and test is still there, but it's
not the default.  Delete all and try again, same result.  It inspect
everyone's profile and no one has test as an email address.

The only thing I can hang my hat onto is that I have a public calendar named
'test'.

Any idea why I can't add this mailbox?

Thanks in advance,
Lampman
0
Lampman (10)

By creating the test2@mydomain.com, exchange hs noticd that test@mydomain
..com already exists.
some account (or public folder ??;-) ) has allready taken that mail adress..

Tweety
"Lampman" <Lampman@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Exchange 5, Win 2000 SB.  Adding a new mailbox, which I have done dozens
> of
> times.  Let's say I want to add a mailbox for 'test'.  No problem, I
> finish
> all profile and complete the email addtess as test@mydomain.org.  I close
> and
> test2@mydomain.org.
> I go to email address tab and add test@mydomain.org and make it the
> default.
> Close and go back to the email addresses and test is still there, but it's
> not the default.  Delete all and try again, same result.  It inspect
> everyone's profile and no one has test as an email address.
>
> The only thing I can hang my hat onto is that I have a public calendar
> named
> 'test'.
>
> Any idea why I can't add this mailbox?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lampman

0
dhak (1)
10/5/2005 8:42:43 PM
I agree that that is the cause of the problem, but that email address is not
assigned to anyone, I have checked them all.  This is a small network with
about 15 clients.  As I mentioned, there is a public folder with the same
name as the email address I want to create.  I was not aware that public
folders had email addresses assigned to them.  Can that be changed to free up

"Tweety" wrote:

> By creating the test2@mydomain.com, exchange hs noticd that test@mydomain
> ..com already exists.
> some account (or public folder ??;-) ) has allready taken that mail adress..
>
> Tweety
> "Lampman" <Lampman@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > Exchange 5, Win 2000 SB.  Adding a new mailbox, which I have done dozens
> > of
> > times.  Let's say I want to add a mailbox for 'test'.  No problem, I
> > finish
> > all profile and complete the email addtess as test@mydomain.org.  I close
> > and
> > test2@mydomain.org.
> > I go to email address tab and add test@mydomain.org and make it the
> > default.
> > Close and go back to the email addresses and test is still there, but it's
> > not the default.  Delete all and try again, same result.  It inspect
> > everyone's profile and no one has test as an email address.
> >
> > The only thing I can hang my hat onto is that I have a public calendar
> > named
> > 'test'.
> >
> > Any idea why I can't add this mailbox?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Lampman

0
Lampman (10)
10/5/2005 8:59:01 PM
Open the Microsoft Exchange Administrator and expand folders, public folders,
click on the test folder. Click file, properties, select the email addresses
tab and remove the entries.

Craig Hicks
System Administrator

"Lampman" wrote:

> I agree that that is the cause of the problem, but that email address is not
> assigned to anyone, I have checked them all.  This is a small network with
> about 15 clients.  As I mentioned, there is a public folder with the same
> name as the email address I want to create.  I was not aware that public
> folders had email addresses assigned to them.  Can that be changed to free up
> the email address I want to create?
>
> "Tweety" wrote:
>
> > By creating the test2@mydomain.com, exchange hs noticd that test@mydomain
> > ..com already exists.
> > some account (or public folder ??;-) ) has allready taken that mail adress..
> >
> > Tweety
> > "Lampman" <Lampman@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > > Exchange 5, Win 2000 SB.  Adding a new mailbox, which I have done dozens
> > > of
> > > times.  Let's say I want to add a mailbox for 'test'.  No problem, I
> > > finish
> > > all profile and complete the email addtess as test@mydomain.org.  I close
> > > and
> > > test2@mydomain.org.
> > > I go to email address tab and add test@mydomain.org and make it the
> > > default.
> > > Close and go back to the email addresses and test is still there, but it's
> > > not the default.  Delete all and try again, same result.  It inspect
> > > everyone's profile and no one has test as an email address.
> > >
> > > The only thing I can hang my hat onto is that I have a public calendar
> > > named
> > > 'test'.
> > >
> > > Any idea why I can't add this mailbox?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Lampman

Thanks Craig,
When I go to Exchange System Manager, and expand to public folders, there
are no sub-folders.  The public folders were created in the folder list of
Outlook running under the admin authority on the server itself.  When I
expand the public folders in  Outlook on the srver, the subfolders appear,
but the properties has no email tab.

Thanks for the direction and if you have other ideas, it would be appreciated.

Lampman

"CraigAJHicks" wrote:

> Open the Microsoft Exchange Administrator and expand folders, public folders,
> click on the test folder. Click file, properties, select the email addresses
> tab and remove the entries.
>
> Craig Hicks
> System Administrator
>
> "Lampman" wrote:
>
> > I agree that that is the cause of the problem, but that email address is not
> > assigned to anyone, I have checked them all.  This is a small network with
> > about 15 clients.  As I mentioned, there is a public folder with the same
> > name as the email address I want to create.  I was not aware that public
> > folders had email addresses assigned to them.  Can that be changed to free up
> > the email address I want to create?
> >
> > "Tweety" wrote:
> >
> > > By creating the test2@mydomain.com, exchange hs noticd that test@mydomain
> > > ..com already exists.
> > > some account (or public folder ??;-) ) has allready taken that mail adress..
> > >
> > > Tweety
> > > "Lampman" <Lampman@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

0
Lampman (10)
10/6/2005 6:35:38 PM
Right-click Public Folders in ESM and be sure you're connected to the
correct server.

The E-Mail tab gets added when you mail-enable the folder, something that
doesn't happen by default.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Lampman" <Lampman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Craig,
> When I go to Exchange System Manager, and expand to public folders, there
> are no sub-folders.  The public folders were created in the folder list of
> Outlook running under the admin authority on the server itself.  When I
> expand the public folders in  Outlook on the srver, the subfolders appear,
> but the properties has no email tab.
>
> Thanks for the direction and if you have other ideas, it would be
> appreciated.
>
> Lampman
>
> "CraigAJHicks" wrote:
>
>> Open the Microsoft Exchange Administrator and expand folders, public
>> folders,
>> click on the test folder. Click file, properties, select the email
>> addresses
>> tab and remove the entries.
>>
>> Craig Hicks
>> System Administrator
>>
>> "Lampman" wrote:
>>
>> > I agree that that is the cause of the problem, but that email address
>> > is not
>> > assigned to anyone, I have checked them all.  This is a small network
>> > with
>> > about 15 clients.  As I mentioned, there is a public folder with the
>> > same
>> > name as the email address I want to create.  I was not aware that
>> > public
>> > folders had email addresses assigned to them.  Can that be changed to
>> > free up
>> > the email address I want to create?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

adding months to an inputted date
I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type "2/12/05" in B1, then I want C2 to be: "4/12/05". Thank you for any help that you may be able to give. Logan =DATE(YEAR(B1),MONTH(B1)+2,DAY(B1)) however what do you want the date to be in C2 if B1 is 01/30/05? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BLW" wrote: > I need a function that will take a date that a user has typed in a different > cell and will then add two months to the date. For instance, if I type >...

Moving Mailboxes.
When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Roger Settle RSettle@klfinancialgroup.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroupREMOVETHIS.com> wrote: >When moving mailboxes between 2 servers using the "move >mailbox" command, is there a way to compress or zip up a >large mailbox so that it does not take so long to move? >Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Roger S...

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

Web Services install error on AD LDS
I am trying to install GP 10 Web Services (with the SP3 installer) on a Windows 2008 SP2 x64 server. Every time I try the install I receive the error: The Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services role must be installed on the computer before installing the Microsoft Dynamics GP Web Service. I have installed AD LDS, and didn't receive any errors on install. I have rebooted a couple of times, still the same error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled AD LDS and still have the problem. Shawn, You may want to check the following KB articles for resolution to your problem: System...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

New Sheets obtaining data
HI I have a workbook that we keep financial data in. Every day the daily sales are entered into the current week. I have a template sheet that I copy every week and have to input the lookup for the previous week... example... In the newly created sheet week22 B:31 has " =week21!H31+B29".....this just addes some variances that need to be calculated. Each week I have to type this in for the new sheet adjusting for the new week. I was wondering if there was a way to have a template that would do this but advance the week each time automatically. New week 23 would be copied and it...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

New user at Exchange 2003 cannot send mail to user at Exchange 5.5
I have 2 Exchange 5.5 and 1 Exchange 2003 in the same domain already, then I install one more Exchange 2003 in the child domain of the existing domain Then I create 1 user at child domain with mailbox in the new Exchange 2003. He find that he can only send mail to other whose mailbox in Exchange 2003. If recipient is in exchange 5.5, he cannot send to him. I have already set the ADC for the child domain. I also create the "recipient update service" for the child domain. Is any more setting needed to configurate ?? PS: In the Exchange 5.5 administrator, I can find the new user wi...

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Adding % of total sales to a sales report
How would I add a field that shows what percentage is the value of sales for an item compared to the report total? -- Geoff Geoff, Which report and what do you want to see? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.micros...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

New to Money 2006
I was using Money 2004 and upgraded it to 2006 last night (God only knows, why :)). I started to hate the idea of Passport and Web Publishing my account details and so did not choose the Passport option. I was able to install with regular Money stand alone password and still update all my accounts by downloading them from the respective financial institutions (as I used to do with 2004). The problem is with MBNA America. I want to download the credit card transactions. But the online setup process is asking me for passport setup. I looked at the description of this bank on Microsoft site...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

adding same note to a group of contacts
As we know there is no histroy in CRm, can not see what has been done to contacts in past or what changes have been made. So if I whated to add the same note to a group of contacts such as : email jhfahf sent on afjak" how would I do it. Or is it just not possible. Alison, Well, you could mess with workflow and stubs do get a kludgy solution - or you could just buy VAST, the ISV add on that solves this problem, and shows you all of the historical change made to CRM! (Please excuse blatant sales pitch - but I don't get such a good leading question too often!) Dave ------...

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...

Suggestions for freeing up mailbox store space plan?
Hi all, I need to clean up mailbox stores on two exchange 2k3 ent servers . Here is our current exchange setup and 1st draft on plan: Setup-- Exchange 2k3 Ent (native mode/ No exchange SP) Server1 -- Win2k3 Ent w/SP1 Server2 -- Win2k3 Stnd w/SP1 Each server has four storage groups. Server 1 Storage groups come out to 160gbs and server 2 Storage groups come out to 145gbs. Each server has 4 mailbox stores and 1 pub folder store. The largest mailbox store on each server is 50gb. The other mailbox store sizes range from 8gbs to 20gbs. The pub folder store on each server is 70gbs. I can give...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

can I create a new resume?
I would like to create a new resume. Can you help? This is the Microsoft Excel newsgroup. I am unaware of any newsgroup that provides help with resumes, but perhaps you intended to post in the Microsoft Word newsgroup, in which case, this tutorial may help you: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/write_your_resume_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "in need of help." <in need of help.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4245D9F3-C5CF-4C64-A70F-E8930F899954@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a new resume. Can you he...

How do I move Outlook Express Mail folders to new computer.
I am upgrading to a new computer. Both computers use Outlook Express 6.0. How can I move some of my mail folders to my new computer? Hi, Mike - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

New Investment won't sync in Pocket PC
I've added a new investment in my desktop file but in the sync options, only the original 3 are being syncronized. Is there a way to force it to re-read the entire file. I've tried deleting the data on the mobile and I've tried uninstalling to reinstall but it keeps track of the old transactions and won't do a full sync. Which version of the client are you using? Have you looked at the readme file for it? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BA3044D-D24A-448C-8DB5-0718E55A18FD@microsoft.com... &g...

How do I keep a formula from changing if a row is added or deleted
I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is deleted. Regardless of what happens in the worksheet I want the formulas to remain the same. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cwolt wrote: > I have a formulas referencing cells in another worksheet. When rows > are added or deleted from the worksheet the formulas are either > changed to skip the new row or receive an #REF! error when a row is >...