Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment

Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server
to another?
I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD).

Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail
server from the network. (  The Original server is a dog)
I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out
of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade
the new mail server to Exchange 2000..
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

--
Dale
0

I believe the correct process is to install a new IMS connector using the
Exchange Admin tool on the new server. Configure it to process incoming (MX
records) and outgoing email. Then just uninstall the old IMS connector. Make
sure you take care of any POP3, IMAP or any other process that might be using
the current IMS.

Mort Billups
Crowley Maritime Corporation.

"Dale" wrote:

> Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server
> to another?
> I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD).
>
> Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail
> server from the network. (  The Original server is a dog)
> I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out
> of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade
> the new mail server to Exchange 2000..
>  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
>
> --
> Dale
0
mbillups (8)

Exchange 5.5 organizations
Hi everyone, In different organizations I got a winNT domain with Exchange 5.5, recipients have xyz@domainNT.com SMTP addresses. Other domain W2K, have Exchange 5.5 too, recipients have xyz@domainW2K.com SMTP addresses. Its possible to "migrate" all mail service from domainNT to domainW2K mantaining the same SMTP address for clients? I said "migrate" as a uninstalling Exchange 5.5 from DomainNT but keeping all other services. Thanks for your help and comments. The answer is Yes. Supply that you have got the exchange server "Move Server Wizard" in Exchan...

how to turn on teh web client for Exchange...
We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using a web browser. We had this set up at one point and it was working fine quite some time ago. Now, for some reason it is not. What are the steps to turn this on in Exchange? Thanks, Brad What happens when you go to https://<mailserver>/exchange ? -- - Ahmed Jalal "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:uceZ83TbGHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using > a web browser. We had this set up at one poi...

Script to add existing AD users to a group
I am working in a environment with 4500 AD users. we have 2K3 and 2K8 DCs. I would like to craete two groups, one comprising 1500 users and the other with 1900 users. The users are currently existing in AD but I have to assign them to these new groups. I kindly request for a script that will assist me populate these groups with users. I have the lists of the users in two separate excel lists. Kindly assist -- tnai9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tnai9's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/51685.htm View this thread: http:...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

Can I determine which version of Exchange Server from Outlook?
Hi, Can I deteremine which version of Exchange Server my Outlook account goes through from within my Outlook application? Thanks, Peter No. You can do this from checking headers of mail sent to your Internet account, but not from mail sent within the same Exchange organization. Send yourself a piece of email to your home account and check there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sduraybito@go.com asked: | Hi,...

Exchange 2003 support Instant Messaging?
Ive been looking around and from what I can see is that to get IM functionality in Exchange 2oo3 we would have to get Office Live Communications server? Is this functionality not built into Exchange, getting entirely new licenses for IM seems rediculous to me. No, this was part of Exchange Server 2000, but removed from Exchange 2003. LCS replaced the functionality, and is a more full-featured product. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

System requirement for Great Plains 7.5
We're going to install service pack 1 on our Windows 2003 servers running Great Plains. Yes I know we're a little behind in terms of our service packs. Does anyone know what the minimum requirements for GP7.5 is and if there are any issues with it on Windows 2003 SP1? Any link to documentations would be great. Thanks. "Ricky" <Ricky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F7C1D1B-AA91-418B-8349-E95E50F28331@microsoft.com... > We're going to install service pack 1 on our Windows 2003 servers running > Great Plains. Yes I know we're a l...

How to Call an SSIS package from SQL-server.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CB0EFB.5851FF20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello All, From a stored procedure I would like to call an SSIS package. I have two packages: 1. Does an FTP call to a legacy system to collect information and put = this in a local file as .csv. 2. Process a number of local .csv files, get the information in a import = table then process the import table. I have tried to use xp_cmdshell, from the same machine, the first SSIS = pac...

Private Folder problems on Exchange 2000
Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000. System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB) on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER APPEARS. Both users can see full information if Web Access is used. In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his folders beginning with the letters A and B. UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500 Additionally there has been an ongoing p...

Outlook/Exchange rules
Is there a limit on the number of rules that can be used with Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003SP1 & if so, how many rules, or are there any registry hacks that can increase the number? Also, what determines whether a rule is Server or Client sided? Thanks in advance Hi The max size limit for Exchange 2003 mailbox server side rules is 32Kb, the number of rules for your 32Kb would vary depending on the size of each rule. Client side rules are ones that are stored in your Outlook profile, and only operate when the user us loged in and Outlook open. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pr...

data access page error, OLE server isn't registered
I have a data access page that displays information in my access 2003 database. It has worked for 5 years or more but recently one computer I use stopped working. It still works on others. I thought I would overcome this by replaceing that PC but this new windows 7 PC with Office 2003 freshly installed and updated gives the same error. I think I have eleminated network and permissions issues as a copy of the database saved to the desktop of the new PC runs OK. However, if I try and make a new data access page it says "The OLE server isn't registered". Any ...

CDO and Exchange connectivity issue
Hello Everyone, I'm working with Microsoft's CDO component (CDONTS or CDOSYS, I get the same results) on a Windows XP workstation, Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003. I have set up the SMTP service on the workstation, I imagine the SMTP service on the workstation should hand the message off the the exchange server and the exchange server would send the message out. I've had this work in environments that I didn't set up myself so I know its possible. But now I'm stuck setting up the environment and it isn't working as I'd hoped. If I send a message to...

Saving to a Server Folder
I want to be able to set up a rule whereby I can cc: certain messages to a folder that resides outside of Outlook. I want to cc: the emssage to a folder on our server. You can't do this through the Rule Wizard. Is this at all possible? Thanks! ...

Exchange 2k3 Delivery Status
If I get this message does it mean our server having problem resolving the name or the way around? "Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed" Please Advice, Thank you It means your server is having problems delivering the message. It could mean any number of things, from their server being unavailable, to not being able to resolve their name, to network routing, etc. What happens if you do an nslookup for MX records for that domain? Does it return results? If so, then attempt to telnet to port 25 of the servers listed. Do they respond? -- Ben Winzenz Exch...

Version of Exchange Server + Spamfilter
I would like to find out which version of Exchange we are running. I tries to find it in the System Manager but I'm unsure where to look. I found something like: Version 6.0 Build 5762.4 Service Pack 2. What version does this belong to and are there any Spam-filters available for this version?? Txs Answat Hi Answat, You are running Exchange 2000 Service Pack 2, as for Anti-SPAM filters; unfortunately Microsoft Intelligent Message Filtering (IMF) is not available for Exchange 2000. But GFI have a freeware version of their Anti-SPAM product MailEssentials, have a look here: http:/...

adding row headings to multiple pages
I'm trying to add row headings to the page set up to add multiple pages. I need to print rows 1, 2 and 3. What format do I use? You can repeat rows on top in the File->Page setup->Sheet tab. In the "Rows to repeat at top" enter $1:$3, and those rows will show in all the printed pages. Hope this helps, Miguel. "connie" wrote: > I'm trying to add row headings to the page set up to add multiple pages. I > need to print rows 1, 2 and 3. What format do I use? ...

Fire and Brimstone: Exchange 5.5 Server Recovery
I have a bad situation. I have a cratered exchange 5.5 in which I had to retsore the DS and the IS from Backup. However, the only recoverable backup that I had was from 8/20/2004..(today's the 29th) . I have all the current log files... is there any way to play them back into the database? I need to get this thing as current as possible. Please help if you can... Thanks, Andrew Holmes.. Yes, have a look at this whitepaper from Microsoft on diaster recovery. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/backuprestore.asp "Andrew Holmes" <aholmes@sohmission....

Two Exchange 2003 servers in the same domain
I have two Exchange 2003 servers in the same domain: mail1.domain.com and mail2.domain.com. alice@domain.com mailbox is located on mail1, bob@domain.com mailbox is on mail2. If alice sends email to bob, bob never gets it. I can see email sitting in the queue and at some point alice gets undelivery report. How do I configure communication between exchange servers in this scenario? Alex Hi, The servers should find each one automatically. Did you configure smart-host on one of the SMTP virtuel servers - then this would cause the problem. Smart-hosts should always be configured on SMTP...

Re:Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, We Installed Microsoft CRM 4.0 on our local server and accessing the CRM throgu Web client and Outlook client. We did not enable the IFD. All went smoothely for 2 days and on 3rd day when we try to access the CRM it throws a error that " Server error in '/' application" as given below Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the appl...

Using Exchange 2003 to host our own e-mail
We have SBS 2003 w/Exchange 2003 installed. We also have OWA working (all this was done by a third party). Is there a way (or place I can look this up?) to use Exchange to host our own e-mail (easily)? Carl, There as many tasks that need to be done to do what you ask. Although generally not hard it just need to be done in the correct order. Also it more than just SBS to make this happen. To give all the details here is beond the scope of newsgroups. I suggest using your favorit search engine. The SBS getting started docs also has the requirements. Hope this helps. "Carl Gross...

How to make domains in Exchange 2003?
I have Exchange set up and working for my local domain (local.mydomain.com). I need to add 2 domains. How do I set this up? Thanks. On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:21:38 -0700, "Terry Olsen" <tolsen64@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have Exchange set up and working for my local domain (local.mydomain.com). >I need to add 2 domains. How do I set this up? Thanks. > Go into Exchange System Manager and drill down to Recipient Policies. See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=285136 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317298 for help on your ...

Exchange 2k3 Admin on XP SP2 ?
Why is it so difficult to install the Exchange 2k3 Admin tools on my Windows XP SP2 workstation??? I keep getting errors about missing the NNTP Service, and not having ASP.NET server extensions enabled. Can someone help!? Thanks! Troy 1. install IIS (with NNTP). 2. install Exchange Admin Tools. 3. disable IIS services. "Troy Bruder" <troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:uKz2hqOzEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Why is it so difficult to install the Exchange 2k3 Admin tools on my Windows > XP SP2 workstation??? I keep gettin...

Forensics
This is weird, I went to work on my project i haven't worked on for about 1 month, and the database mysteriously disappeared. I can restore it, but i may have lost some work. I can't find the MDF's neither. Are there any queries or forensics i can do to determine how this happened? Check out the default trace (a bunch of trc files in the same folder as your errorlog file). If you're lucky, the event is still there. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "mark.brito" ...

Determine Exchange database size
We recently hit the dreaded 16GB database limit. I upgraded to SP2 and everything was OK. I had users delete items, but I'm trying to figure out how to accurately determine the size of the database. I see that my PRIV.edb file is 10GB and that my PRIV.stm is 6.7GB. Does this mean that my database is back to 16.7GB or that the database is 10GB? Or am I looking in the wrong place to determine the size of the database? Thanks! Jonathan wrote: > We recently hit the dreaded 16GB database limit. I upgraded to SP2 and > everything was OK. I had users delete items, but I'm ...

Active Directory and Exchange 5.5
I just tested an upgrade of our Windows NT system to 2003 Server AD. I am using split-brain DNS and I am wanting to use the same FQDN for internal and external zones. We'll call it mydomain.com Everything works fine, users can log on...logon scripts run, internet works, then DNS resolves for internal users and forwards to external servers for internet names. One problem, our Exchange 5.5 server hosts 3 different domain names. All emails send and receive just fine except for the mydomain.com email. Once I put the old Windows NT server back online and rejoin the Exchange Server with it,...