Add something to "To:" message field

Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to
add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different
organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active
Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all
500 mailboxes' names :-(
Any hints?

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek
<JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to
>add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different
>organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active
>Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all
>500 mailboxes' names :-(
>Any hints?

You would need to change the display name. I've just had a look at
admodify but it won't customise the display name other than convert
from last, first and vice versa.

0
mark7219 (5666)
12/8/2004 4:04:20 PM
Do you know where from Exchange gets Sender name? I changed Display Name and
Simple Display Name, I even renamed the User Name but I still get the old
unrenamed name in outgoing mails :-(

Jiri Kopacek wrote:
> Do you know where from Exchange gets Sender name? I changed Display
> Name and Simple Display Name, I even renamed the User Name but I
> still get the old unrenamed name in outgoing mails :-(

Remove/recreate the Outlook profile.

> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek
>> <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I
>>> need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to
>>> distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far
>>> is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-)
>>> not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-(
>>> Any hints?
>>
>> You would need to change the display name. I've just had a look at
>> admodify but it won't customise the display name other than convert
>> from last, first and vice versa.

0
lanwench (7567)
12/8/2004 7:16:58 PM
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

>Jiri Kopacek wrote:
>> Do you know where from Exchange gets Sender name? I changed Display
>> Name and Simple Display Name, I even renamed the User Name but I
>> still get the old unrenamed name in outgoing mails :-(
>
>Remove/recreate the Outlook profile.

.. . . or wait long enough for the Outlook client to sync with the AD
and recognize that there's bee a change. :)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Jiri Kopacek wrote:
>>> Do you know where from Exchange gets Sender name? I changed Display
>>> Name and Simple Display Name, I even renamed the User Name but I
>>> still get the old unrenamed name in outgoing mails :-(
>>
>> Remove/recreate the Outlook profile.
>
> . . . or wait long enough for the Outlook client to sync with the AD
> and recognize that there's bee a change. :)

I'm both lazy *and* impatient :)

0
lanwench (7567)
12/9/2004 1:43:34 AM
Thanks to you all for kind help ...
one more question ... couldn't be possible to use an event sink to change
the "To:" message field?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:
> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Remove/recreate the Outlook profile.
> >
> > . . . or wait long enough for the Outlook client to sync with the AD
> > and recognize that there's bee a change. :)
>
> I'm both lazy *and* impatient :)

Jiri,

yes it's possible. Even more - we plan to release a commercial product named
SenderPrefix in January 2005 that will be able to do what you want.

BTW, as  you are talking about _sender_,  it seems you need to change the
From field intead of  To field, correct?

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer
www.ivasoft.biz

"Jiri Kopacek" <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks to you all for kind help ...
> one more question ... couldn't be possible to use an event sink to change
> the "To:" message field?
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>
> > Rich Matheisen [MVP] wrote:

> > > . . . or wait long enough for the Outlook client to sync with the AD
> > > and recognize that there's bee a change. :)
> >
> > I'm both lazy *and* impatient :)

0
no1498 (362)

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

When you enter a name in the "To:" field, the possible matches pop up...
When you enter a name in the "To:" field, the possible matches pop up with choices. I would like to know what to call that action. And how do I move those from my "old" computer with Outlook 2003 to my "new" computer with Outlook 2007? Thanks. That is the nickname file (*.NK2). Never tried to move and not sure if the link I provided discusses how to move this file over. If you want to try it, use outlook at least one time on the new machine so it will create an empty nickname file. Once that is done, shutdown outlook and then replace the *.NK2 file on th...

no address in TO: field when replying #2
I am using outlook 2000 w/ exchange 5.5 One of my users is having trouble when replying to e-mails. Afte clicking on reply, a new message window opens, but the TO: field i blank. anyone seen this before? TI ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

access field trim email to:r@cox.net to r@cox.net ?
I have a field in access with email addresses that contain mailto: before each address. I want to remove mailto: from all the records containing email addresses? On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:00:02 -0700, Richard Diedrick <Richard Diedrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a field in access with email addresses that contain mailto: before >each address. I want to remove mailto: from all the records containing email >addresses? Run an Update query updating the field (which I'll assume is named EMail) to Replace([Email], "mailto:", "") ...

no address in TO: field when replying
Hi there. One of our users is experiencing a very strange issue whne replying to e-mails using Outlook 2000. When he hits the reply button, the new message window opens but does not populate the TO: field. He is the only one in the company with this issue. Has anyone else had this issue? We are using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5 with latest service pack. TIA -mike ...

Auto-Recommend Names in To: field
When I'm typing addressees in an Outlook message, it will recommend one or more names after the first few letters. For example, if I type in "and" it will recommend "anderson, sven" and "andrews, della" which is great. The problem, one person I used to email frequently has left and is no longer in the global address list on exchange. However, when I start typing in the last name (which is similar to another employee) that person's name pops up in the list. Where are those entries stored, and how can I edit it to delete that entry... I have searched hig...

To: field in email header
Hi, we have a little problem with the to: field in our emails. Sometimes when we receive an external email the to field is missing. It looks like this: From: "Mueller, Karl" <Mueller@domain.de> Sender: "Lenzen, Karl" <Lenzen@domain.de> Comments: Original 'to' not compliant with RFC 822, stripped Comments: Original 'to' not compliant with RFC 822, stripped Is it possible to see where the email header is going to be modified or if the external exchange server generates this weired email header? Alex #21 Alex #21 <alexanderm@herr-der-mails.d...

outlook 2003 blank To: field when replying to email
I am experiencing a problem in Outlook 2003 when I reply to a message the To: field is left off the email although the receipient does receive it. I've pasted an example below: ________________________________________ From: MattG Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 7:50 AM Subject: voicemail Any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this topic has been discussed already. Thanks Again, Matt ...

Inserting email addresses into the To:, Cc: fields ets using macros
In the course of my daily duties at work I have to send several emails every day which have files attached to them. I wish to know how to create a macro to automatically insert a list of recipients in the address fields so I can just click a button each time rather than retyping them again and again (or going back to previous sent emails and copying/pasting. Bear in mind that the email has already been created by the File....Send to recipient as attachment option from Excel. Any help greatly appreciated. Regards, Phillip I'm not familier with creating a file-send to in Excel, but...

Filter based on the To: field
I want to set a filter in Outlook (2003). It should filter in a way so that only mails adressed to my mail are beeing retreived (we have a common mailbox with more alias). It is an easy taks in Outlook Express, but i can't se how to do in Outlook. Can anyone give me a pointer? Outlook rules only work on downloaded messages, unlike OE where you can = filter at the server level. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Bjarne Ulvmose ask...

Outlook 2003 To: Field
I have a user using Outlook 2003 and we he does a reply to some (not all)inter-office emails the email shows up in the sent items with a blank To: field. But if you save the sent item as a message and drag it and drop it back into your sent items it then appears. Like I said it doesnt happen to all just some. Any ideas? Thanks, Tony ...

Create new distribution list from To: field in a received email
I received an email today addressed to a large number of people, many of whom are not currently in my Contacts folder. It's a working group that will be communicating with each other as a group, so I'd like to simply copy the names in the To: field from this email I received, and create a new Distribution list from this group of names. But so far I can't figure out how to create a new distribtion list without either manually entering all these names into the list, or manually creating Contact forms for each one. Is there a simpler to do this? ...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

can't add contacts to my email to:
I just got upgraded from 2000 outlookk to 2003 outlook and I can't get my contacts folder as a choice when I click "to:". Can anyone tell me how to add folders to the list of olders available for the to: on ne email, please? Many thanks! try opening the address book under tools then from within the addressbook menu tools click on options. you can add more contact lists and set which one you want to see come up first. "Roy Gustafson" <rgustaf@securecommercesystems.com> wrote in message news:2f6f01c4a7d3$20ea4aa0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > > I just got upgra...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Wrong contact appears in TO: field
When typing a few letters in the To: field using Outlook 2K3, the wrong contact appears. A BUSINESS FAX shows up for the contact name instead of an e-mail address. I remember there is a way to clear some quick list Outlook uses, but forgot how to get there. Any help is appreciated...Thanks. -Joe Hi Joe, please look here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#1 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joe (CJ)" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

New Mail, in the TO: field, previous contacts not appearing
For some reason, when I create new mail and I'm adding the emal address in the TO:, CC: or BCC: fields the usual list of previously used email addresses does not pop up. Or only a small portion of those contacts. Where is this list generated from? What would clear the list or not continue to populate the list as before? Is there a setting or addin controlling this. I'm using Office 2010 beta and this all worked when I installed it but for some reason over the past week or so, something changed and I'm lucky if I have one or two suggested contacts -- Larry "L...

New message: To: need to show autofill by letter
When sending a message: To: previous addressees from previously have been wiped out and have to start all over. Only good for the current day. "mmgarner" <mmgarner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:410955ED-6A92-4A0C-859C-837ED8C4B40C@microsoft.com... > When sending a message: To: previous addressees from previously have been > wiped out and have to start all over. Only good for the current day. This is a sign that either Outlook is not closing properly or that your mail profile is damaged. To check the first, close Outlook and then examine ...

Add something to "To:" message field
Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to add organisation name before the sender's name (to distinguish different organisations)? The only way I found so far is changing users name in Active Directory and this is (for me :-) not preferred way as I have to change all 500 mailboxes' names :-( Any hints? On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 07:49:10 -0800, Jiri Kopacek <JiriKopacek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi is there any way how to add something to sender's name field? I need to >add organisation name before the sender's name (to d...

Need to show company name in To: Field
I am importing addresses from Access to Contacts folder. I want to show company name in To fields rather than full name. All contact records need to be filed by company name but I also need to see individuals contact names in their record. I have tried to import with Company name as "name" field, but this ends up with last part of name being filed first with a comma. HELP ...

Contact Name and TO: field names not listed in same order
I am using Outlook 2007. I have several instances of this problem, but most names are ok. In my Contact list, all of the names are displayed properly, last name, then first name. However, when I am sending an email and click on the TO: button to get the list of contacts, a few of the names are listed first name then last name and the are alphabetically in order by their first name. For example, I will have Tom Smith in the Contact database as Smith, Tom. All three fields (Full Name, File as name and Display as name) show Smith, Tom. And the name appears in the S names when I show the C...

Reply-to-all on messages makes my own name also go into the To: line??
Gurus, In my Outlook 2003 in corporate mode, everytime I reply-all on a message sent to me by people within my own organization, my own name gets inserted into the To: line for some strange reason and I have to manually delete it so I do not get replies to "myself". I get copies of all messages I sent out automatically in my Sent Items folder. I do not need these also appearing in my own Inbox. How can I stop this annoying behavior? -- Spin On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:01:01 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >In my Outlook 2003 in corpora...

How To: Enable IMF Intelligent Message Filter in Exchange 2003 SP
For those of you who missed the instructions on how to re-enable IMF on Exchange 2003 SP2 after you upgrade ( Like Me: its in that mound of documentation somewhere … right? ) On your Exchange 2003 SP2 server Open “ Exchange System Manager ” Expand the Servers > (your exchange server name) >Protocols > SMTP > Default SMTP Virtual Server Right click on the “Default SMTP Virtual Server” you will get a pop up menu. Select “Properties” from the menu. You should now be looking at a window with the title of “Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties” Click on the “General Tab” if ...

Type Name in the To: field
I moved several people from one exchange server to the next and everthing is fine if you select them. If I type the name in it still has the old information in it. How do I clear this. Thanks for your help! We have Outlook 2000 and 2003 in 2003, use the arrow key to select the old address and press delete. if it also happens in 2000, find and delete the *.nick file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips...

Display SMTP address in Outlook inbox to: field
Does anyone know how to have Outlook 2000, XP or 2003 display the actual SMTP address of the sender rather than just the exchange mailbox in the Inbox view? I have several users with multiple smtp addresses and they would like to categorize the mail by the to field in thier inbox view Right now it just shows the Exchange inbox name, which is the same for all of the smtp addresses. Thanks in advance BMP Take a look at WhichAddress application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/whichaddress.shtml -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer "> Does anyone know how to have ...