Add New User but no Mailbox created

To anyone be able to assist,

We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain
as the new user. My problems are that:-

1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new
user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
the address list."

also

2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists" in
Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook Client
Address List.

also

3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.

We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
responsible for the unexpected results.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this also
did not help.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to no
avail.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
<stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To anyone be able to assist,
>
>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain
>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>
>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new
>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
>the address list."
>
>also
>
>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists" in
>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook Client
>Address List.
>
>also
>
>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>
>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>responsible for the unexpected results.
>
>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this also
>did not help.
>
>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to no
>avail.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Steve.

Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.

Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
one that you had to enter)?
0
mark7219 (5666)
3/8/2005 7:52:02 AM
When checking a username against an exchange box I always mod the registry -
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider]
"Rpc_Binding_Order"="ncacn_ip_tcp" from the default setting, especially if
your network is running IP only....

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
> <stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>To anyone be able to assist,
>>
>>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the
>>Domain
>>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>>
>>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The
>>new
>>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
>>in
>>the address list."
>>
>>also
>>
>>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists"
>>in
>>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook
>>Client
>>Address List.
>>
>>also
>>
>>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>>
>>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>>responsible for the unexpected results.
>>
>>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this
>>also
>>did not help.
>>
>>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to
>>no
>>avail.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Steve.
>>

> Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
> onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.
>
> Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
> Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
> user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
> one that you had to enter)?

Mark,

No the user does not have an email address that was automatically created. I
had to enter it.

Thanks,

Steve.

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
> <stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>To anyone be able to assist,
>>
>>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the
>>Domain
>>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>>
>>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The
>>new
>>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
>>in
>>the address list."
>>
>>also
>>
>>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists"
>>in
>>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook
>>Client
>>Address List.
>>
>>also
>>
>>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>>
>>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>>responsible for the unexpected results.
>>
>>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this
>>also
>>did not help.
>>
>>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to
>>no
>>avail.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Steve.
>>

> Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
> onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.
>
> Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
> Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
> user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
> one that you had to enter)?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:08:48 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
<stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mark,
>
>No the user does not have an email address that was automatically created. I
>had to enter it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve.

Then until that is resolved you will have problems.
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx is the
place to start for troubleshooting the problem you could be seeing.

Another idea is to go to the SBS group if you have probs
(M.P.SMALLBIZ) as there may be non standard, SBS specific advice
regarding the problem.
0
mark7219 (5666)

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

object not being created
hello, I created a dialog based application.I pop up a modal dialog from the menu created in my application.Class midialog is associated with this dialog resource.By mistake i created an obj of this class in the menu handler as shown in code below. OnMenu()//handler in my application dialog class.i.e.main dialog { midialog m_d; m_d.DoModal();//creating my modal dialog } after couple of daysi realized that i wanted the obj not inside the handler but in the class CMainDlg(class of the main dialog).So i removed above code and tried to declare a variable of type midialog m_d(again,s...

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

How to add series with VBA?
How can I add multiple series to an existing Excel graph using automation from Access 2000? I'm trying to set up a loop that will define the Xvalue and YValue for each series, but not sure how. I'm creating up to 100 Excel worksheets at a shot with data from Access 2000, and each worksheet needs to have a graph with multiple series. The worksheet creation loop looks like this: For i = 1 to sn.Count db.Execute "SELECT * INTO [Excel 8.0;Database=" & strXlsPath & "].[" & _ strSheetName & "] FROM tblExcelData", dbFailOnError Next Then ...

Create activity by workflow
Hello! I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when i am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt work. Why? (in SQL base i have table "leadbase" and column in this table "companyname") Lina try this:- &lead.companyname; Peter "Lina" <Lina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F7F8AA-429B-4F8E-B34B-749C0972153F@microsoft.com... > Hello! > I have read i can use in activity text field &leadbase.companyname; (when > i > am making workflow to send e-mail to user) But it didnt...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

User defined fields #2
Entered user defined fields the way I wanted, however, the software has now put it all in ascending order and there are no sort options available. Any way to correct without having to do it all over? Put in ascending order where?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Darcy W." <Darcy W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

,net Users IIS
Hello, I just need some clarification: I added a user to the Membership Table using the CreateUserWizard. His name is "Bob" IIS7 shows "Bob" in the .NET Users. "Bob" is not in the web.config, but the status bar says its getting it from the web.config. Where was Bob given authorization if not in the web.config? and why does IIS say its getting his name from there? Thanks coder316 <coder316@gmail.com> wrote in news:5cfaa057-2299-487f-a3f7- 3f7d4df40f14@27g2000yqr.googlegroups.com: > I just need some clarification: > I added a...

I want to add scroll bar functionality in my screen capture utility
hi all, i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll the image. please help me thanks & regards shoeb shoeb ali wrote: > hi all, > i have developed an application that shows a list of all running windows and > allows user to capture their screens. I want to add scroll bar functionality > in this app. I have add the scrollbar. scroll bars move but they dont scroll > the image. please ...

Trouble with forms I created in Word 2003
I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office 2007. I can't seem to access many things in the "ribbon" in order to unlock the form and/or make any changes, access the header/ footer etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and have tried things I have seen in various forums to no avail. Please help! "HBForsyth" <HBForsyth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD0D0C-AA9B-4E5B-A632-BE4B7E4DD6E1@microsoft.com... > I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office >...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...