Add New User but no Mailbox created

To anyone be able to assist,

We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain
as the new user. My problems are that:-

1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new
user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
the address list."

also

2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists" in
Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook Client
Address List.

also

3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.

We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
responsible for the unexpected results.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this also
did not help.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to no
avail.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
<stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To anyone be able to assist,
>
>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the Domain
>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>
>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The new
>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in
>the address list."
>
>also
>
>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists" in
>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook Client
>Address List.
>
>also
>
>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>
>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>responsible for the unexpected results.
>
>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this also
>did not help.
>
>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to no
>avail.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Steve.

Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.

Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
one that you had to enter)?
0
mark7219 (5666)
3/8/2005 7:52:02 AM
When checking a username against an exchange box I always mod the registry -
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider]
"Rpc_Binding_Order"="ncacn_ip_tcp" from the default setting, especially if
your network is running IP only....

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
> <stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>To anyone be able to assist,
>>
>>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the
>>Domain
>>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>>
>>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The
>>new
>>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
>>in
>>the address list."
>>
>>also
>>
>>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists"
>>in
>>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook
>>Client
>>Address List.
>>
>>also
>>
>>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>>
>>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>>responsible for the unexpected results.
>>
>>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this
>>also
>>did not help.
>>
>>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to
>>no
>>avail.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Steve.
>>

> Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
> onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.
>
> Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
> Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
> user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
> one that you had to enter)?

Mark,

No the user does not have an email address that was automatically created. I
had to enter it.

Thanks,

Steve.

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:09:19 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
> <stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>To anyone be able to assist,
>>
>>We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. I have added a user in
>>Active Directory Users and Computers. It is possible to log onto the
>>Domain
>>as the new user. My problems are that:-
>>
>>1. When the new user starts Outlook the Outlook Setup Wizard starts. The
>>new
>>user enters their Mailbox name and presses "Check Name". Outlook advises:-
>>"The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name
>>in
>>the address list."
>>
>>also
>>
>>2. The new user does not appear in the "Global Address List". If however I
>>check the "Default Global Address List" under "All Global Address Lists"
>>in
>>Exchange and "Preview" the recipients for the list then the new user is
>>presented in the list. They are not however displayed in the Outlook
>>Client
>>Address List.
>>
>>also
>>
>>3. In Exchange I am not able to see a Mailbox for the new user. (Checked:-
>>Exchange>Administrative Groups>first administrative
>>group>Servers>OurServer>First Storage Group>Mailbox Storage>Mailboxes.
>>
>>We have migrated from an earlier version of Exchange so perhaps this is
>>responsible for the unexpected results.
>>
>>I have tried deleting and re-adding the mailbox using "Exchange Tasks" in
>>Server Management > Active Directory but this made no difference. I have
>>also done a rebuild of "Recipient Update Services" in Exchange but this
>>also
>>did not help.
>>
>>Any assistance would be much appreciated. Have researched KB articles to
>>no
>>avail.
>>
>>Thanks in advance.
>>
>>Steve.
>>

> Regarding (3) you won't see a mailbox until you actually manage to log
> onto it, then the mailbox item will be created and visible.
>
> Something's a little unclear to me here. In Active Directory Users &
> Computers (if you can find it on this wizard infested SBS) does the
> user have an email address that was automatically stamped (i.e. not
> one that you had to enter)?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:08:48 +1030, "Steve Crago \(Hotmail\)"
<stevecrago@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mark,
>
>No the user does not have an email address that was automatically created. I
>had to enter it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve.

Then until that is resolved you will have problems.
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/07/07/175444.aspx is the
place to start for troubleshooting the problem you could be seeing.

Another idea is to go to the SBS group if you have probs
(M.P.SMALLBIZ) as there may be non standard, SBS specific advice
regarding the problem.
0
mark7219 (5666)

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

New window behavior?
It seems the Excel folks are always striving to find some way to make Excel behave differently from all other Windows applications in some regard. The most glaring example, of course, is cut, copy, and paste, but I just accidentally discovered another one, and I'm wondering how long (i.e., since what version) Excel has been doing this. I'm using Excel 2003, and when I right-click on a child window's window menu* I get a context menu with things live save, print, new window, etc. I tried this in Access and Word and right-clicking a child window window menu does...absolutely nothing...

Help! How I can create...
I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in VC++ with a CTreeCtrl within... How I can proceed? Thank you! On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:03:19 +0100, Gaetano Sferra <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote: > I need to create a toolbar (if it is) such as the workspace window in > VC++ > with a CTreeCtrl within... > How I can proceed? > > Thank you! > > Hi, Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Paul. > Check out www.codeproject.com It has all the answers and more. Hi Paul, please be more specific... I've already se...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

public calendar- users can only view items they added????
hi lovely people, i'm trying to get my head round creating a public calendar, a year planner for the business with our small 1 server domain. we just got sbs 2003 after many years of a decrepid nt4 thing, its quite a culture shock!!! anyways here is my question... i've created a public folder calendar. i did this through outlook 2003 in my administrator account. i added numerous events to this public calendar fine and dandy from the same account. now, i can add to and view this public calendar quite happily. my problem is, i can add this new public calendar to any other user ac...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Maximum number of SMTP addresses per user
Hi we use an antispam filter that using ldap to determine if an email address is valid before it reaches our exchange servers. This is very effective and reduces the ammount of spam we receive. The system does not send bounce backs if an address is not valid. What I have been asked to do is to send find a way to send a message back to the sender when someone emails an address of an employee that has left the company to inform them to contact our customer services department. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a mailbox that has multiple smtp addresses on it that has an...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...

moving favorites from my old Internet Explorer to a new computers
I am trying to move my favorties (links) from my old computer which was Internet Explorer Windows XP to my new computer which is Internet Explorer Windows 7. What ever I try does not work. Any ideas? Thanks Paul B Is this related to Microsoft Outlook somehow? Using IE, click on File > Export/Import and export your bookmarks to a location like your desktop where you can easily find them. Then copy them onto disk and move them over. Copy them from disk to your new PC, open IE, and import them. "Paul B" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Article 327378
I am confused about the article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327378. After applying the changes mentioned in the article , how long will it take for the new mailbox limits to enforced? Which registry entry is the amount of time it will take for the changes to take effect? Thank-you Kevin At most it will take two hours. Every two hours Exchange refreshes it's cache of directory items. At that time it pulls down, among other things, all new mailbox limits. You can force this by restarting the Information Store. Teo -- Teo Heras MCSE, CCNA Blog: http...

amortization tables
Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Looking for some macros or add-ins to assist with Amortization tables. One way to proceed is to start with an existing template. For example, you could open http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx and search the "Templates" section for "amort". shadestreet Here's one that may be useful to you http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/06/amortization_ta.html -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog ...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

User accidentally removed Microsoft CRM hierarchy in Outlook
How do I get it back? ...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

create a month column from date column
I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy format. what i would like to have is another column that takes that information and gives me the month in word format and the year in number format. so for example: if e2= 05/07/2009 i would like to have f2= May 2009 is that possible? if so, How do I do that? your help will be greatly appreciated -- thanks in advance In F2, enter: =E2 and format F2 as Custom > mmmm yyyy -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jcontrer" wrote: > I have a column in which the date is entered in mm/dd/yyyy fo...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...

Create A Batch Recovery Routine For Printing Payroll Checks
There is no easy recovery if the system crashes after you have printed payroll checks but before you have run the Post Checks Routine. A recovery should be created like other posting routines in GP do. See Case ID 8916432 for description of what happened to us. Support was able to duplicate it by simulating a crash after checks printed, but before they were posted. Payroll is too important to not have a gracefull way of recovering when the system crashes. Luckily my problem only involved a run for a single check. It would be a nightmare to fix if this had been on our regular payr...

Publisher: how do I add a template to an existing Word document
How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. ...

logging mailbox logins
I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I find this information or file? I find it here on my Exchange 2003 Server- Exchange System Manager- Exchange|Servers|Server_Name|First Storage Group|Mailbox Store|Logons Hope that helps some... "Chris" wrote: > I have a user that needs to be monitored on how often the login. Where do I > find this information or file? That is correct but that is not what I had in mind. That only shows the last login and logoff. I want a tally of the users logins to mailbox. Thanks for reply. "Christopher...

Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size?
Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size? At the moment I am just going in Exchange System Manager and then trawling through all the storage groups to check the numbers. It is kind of laborious to check the size of mailboxes and the number of messages one at a time, so was wondering if there is a way to do this automatically within Exchange, or do I need to use third party tools? Thanks, QH This is possible if you have Crystal. There is a 3rd party, will have a poke around now Yes it is possible to get a list of mailboxes over a certain s...

User Receives Login Prompt, credentials rejected
We are running Microsoft Business Portal and Solomon 6.0. When one particular user tries to access the web page where timedcards are entered (via Internet Explorer), she receives a prompt to enter her username and password. Even after entering this information, her login is rejected and she is prompted again. 1. If she logs in to another computer on the network, she is able to access the page without being prompted for login credentials 2. If someone else logs in to her computer, they are able to access the page without being prompted for credentials Each time she tries to enter ...

how do i import my inbox from one user to another on same laptop
Hi, I made 2 accounts on the outlook first and the emails for both the accounts r in one inbox. Now i made 2 dektop users on the laptop and i need to import the inbox in from the first user's outlook to the second user's outlook. please help me out. I have office professional 2007 On 31 Mrz., 15:37, Saad <S...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I =A0made 2 accounts on the outlook first and the emails for both the > accounts r in one inbox. Now i made 2 dektop users on the laptop and i nee= d > to import the inbox in from the first user's outlook to the seco...

replace server or Move mailboxes from Exchange 2k to exchange2k
This pertains to Exchange 2000 SP3 I recently purchased a new more powerful server to handle our exchange traffic. I am curious what is the best practice to replace the old server,while reducing downtime. Is there a way to add the new server, name it as the old server and reattach the edb files like you could with 5.5 or does AD not allow that. Or is it easier to add another exchange server to the domain and move the mailboxes? Thanks for the help How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297289 ...

Create a single worksheet from a template
Hello The macro below (pinched from one of the threads) creates dulplicate worksheets from a list and has served me well over a year. However I now want to export it to another workbook starting at cell N4. I have tried adjusting it accordingly but am failing miserably not least because it doesn't work with only one name or has any error trapping when there isn't any names. Can you help. TIA Shaz Sub CreateSheets() Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each cell In Range("a1").CurrentRegion.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) Dim SName As String SName = cell.Value If SheetExi...