ADC not viewing Exchange 5.5 subcontainers....

Does anyone have an idea why the ADC will not let me view and select any
subcontainers under the RECIPIENTS container in Exchange 5.5?

But if I create a new container, at the "top" level I can then see it via
the ADC...but no subcontainers.  Is that just the way the ADC is?

SRP

0
srpaul01 (35)

HI Steve,

I believe that is the way the ADC is coded.  However, if you select the
recipients container as the export container the adc will create the
subcontainers in AD if there are objects in the subcontainers.

253826 XADM: How the Active Directory Connector Replicates Subcontainers
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=253826

Craig

--
Craig Philbeck
a-cphil@online.microsoft.com

Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

"Steve Paul" <srpaul01@charter.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have an idea why the ADC will not let me view and select any
> subcontainers under the RECIPIENTS container in Exchange 5.5?
>
> But if I create a new container, at the "top" level I can then see it via
> the ADC...but no subcontainers.  Is that just the way the ADC is?
>

> SRP

0
a-cphil (97)
12/8/2003 9:27:26 PM
I saw this article, but what is strange is that in our testing environment,
I see all the containers via the ADC (Btw, I doing a one way CA
(windows--->E55)) and when selecting the target containers in production for
E55...it only shows me the top level, and when I click the"+" to drill
down..it doesn't display any subcontainers...????
I'm thinking there's an E55 permission issue here...seeing it does act this
way in the lab.

....very strange
SRP
"Craig Philbeck [MSFT]" <a-cphil@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI Steve,
>
> I believe that is the way the ADC is coded.  However, if you select the
> recipients container as the export container the adc will create the
> subcontainers in AD if there are objects in the subcontainers.
>
> 253826 XADM: How the Active Directory Connector Replicates Subcontainers
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=253826
>
> Craig
>
> --
> Craig Philbeck
> a-cphil@online.microsoft.com
> Microsoft PSS
>
> Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.

rights.
> "Steve Paul" <srpaul01@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have an idea why the ADC will not let me view and select any
> > subcontainers under the RECIPIENTS container in Exchange 5.5?
> >
> > But if I create a new container, at the "top" level I can then see it
via
> > the ADC...but no subcontainers.  Is that just the way the ADC is?
> >

> > SRP

0
srpaul01 (35)
12/8/2003 10:57:57 PM
Hi Steve,

You are correct as far as you should be able to see the subcontainers.  I
created a subcontainer of recipients in my test enviornment and I could see
the container and add it to the from exchange tab in ADC manager.

CRaig

--

> I saw this article, but what is strange is that in our testing
environment,
> I see all the containers via the ADC (Btw, I doing a one way CA
> (windows--->E55)) and when selecting the target containers in production
for
> E55...it only shows me the top level, and when I click the"+" to drill
> down..it doesn't display any subcontainers...????
> I'm thinking there's an E55 permission issue here...seeing it does act
this
> way in the lab.
>
> ...very strange
> SRP
> "Craig Philbeck [MSFT]" <a-cphil@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI Steve,
> >
> > I believe that is the way the ADC is coded.  However, if you select the
> > recipients container as the export container the adc will create the
> > subcontainers in AD if there are objects in the subcontainers.
> >
> > 253826 XADM: How the Active Directory Connector Replicates Subcontainers
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=253826
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > --
> > Craig Philbeck
> > a-cphil@online.microsoft.com
> > Microsoft PSS
> >
> > Please do not send email directly to this alias.  This alias is for
> > newsgroup purposes only.

> rights.
> > "Steve Paul" <srpaul01@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone have an idea why the ADC will not let me view and select
any
> > > subcontainers under the RECIPIENTS container in Exchange 5.5?
> > >
> > > But if I create a new container, at the "top" level I can then see it
> via
> > > the ADC...but no subcontainers.  Is that just the way the ADC is?
> > >

> > > SRP

0
a-cphil (97)

Exchange mulching the from address
I have an Exchange 2003 org with only one routing group and currently 200 users. (Still migrating). I have had intermittent issues where a user gets a NDR when they reply to an email sent from a user in the same RG/ORG. When I look at the email that the user is replying too, the from address is "domain.com.firstname.lastname". I don't understand this because I have a custom recipient set for the SMTP address to be "firstname.lastname@domain.com" I am confused because in most cases the from address is just the users "fistname lastname" whcih is how...

Exchange limits warning not being issued
I set up a storage limit policy to set exchange to "limit warning at" 100000 kb (100 megabytes). I have verified that the policy is applied to the private information store. I set up maximum diagnostic logging on the limit to see the event 1077 is being issued, and it does contain the list of all the users that have exceeded the limit. So I know the policy is running, and I know there are users that have exceeded the limit. I did not set any other limit (prohibit send or prohibit send and receive). My problem is that the system attendant is not sending emails to he users...

Can Exchange admins view my Personal Folders
Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in outlook (stored on my hard drive)? Thanks. On 8 Feb 2006 05:55:02 -0800, djohn554@yahoo.com wrote: >Can exchange admins view my password protected Personal Folders in >outlook (stored on my hard drive)? > >Thanks. Remotely? If they are standing over your shoulder? They are not in the mailbox, so no if that is what you mean. Dear John You seem to have a healthy dose of paranoia or you're doing something you shouldn't so you should be aware that there are a number of password crackers out there tha...

Lost inbox #5
My friend disconnected his computer from work and brought it home. Without logging on, he opened Outlook Express and tried to find his mail but an old inbox is the only thing available. Does he have to be logged on to his ISP to access his inbox or is it stored on his hard drive somewhere? He's running Win98 with Outlook Express 5 (maybe). I found an inbox on his hard drive but he swears it is an older one and not the latest. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. ...

Where can I get good Visio Stencils for Microsoft Exchange 55 /2000/3?
? ...

Two smart hosts on Exchange 2003
How do I set up two smart hosts on a Exchange 2003? I read on http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821911 that the syntax is [ip address;ip address], but it will not accept this syntax. What to do?? Are you trying to configure this on the SMTP Virtual Server properties, or are you setting up an SMTP Connector? Have you tried entering FQDN instead of IP? FQDN will not require brackets surrounding it - only IP's require that. Also, if you are going to enter IP's, you need to change it to [IP.IP.IP.IP];[IP.IP.IP.IP] Each separate IP must be enclosed in bracket...

Help with Exchange
I am getting emails sent to my domain, it seem to be some one within the domain however these people is not apart of my domain, how can I stop this, eg: my.net I will get itti@my.net names like this is no where on the domain Have you checked the Internet Headers on these mails to see where they are coming from? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Jasperss" <Jasperss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67C64F24-27FA-4C92-91E9-7655C6CECFE0@microsoft.com... >I am getting emails sent to my domain, it seem to be...

Crystal Report Viewing Error
We installed a SQL 2003 server and CRM 1.2 on the same server. The package was configured and we have been working on the same for the last one month and there is enough data on the database now. However we can not view any reports as whenever we click on reports the following error "Information is needed before this report can be processed". I tried on the server but i get the same message. Can someone help? ...

Updating outlook express 5
I want to upadte my outlook express 5 to a 6. can anybody give me a quick run down of what to do? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to...

Second Exchange Server #2
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to add a second 2003 exchange server to a domain and have them geographically separate. Is there some step by step guide to setting this up? How do users in the domain get there email from there local exchange server? Possible, as long as you have a local Global Catalog you shouldn't have any issues. Make sure name resolution (DNS) is working across sites. Install Exchange and add server to the Exchange Org. Message routing should work between the sites out of the box (Exchange assumes all servers are installed in one Routing Group - servers w...

Replacing Exchange Server
Hi, I want to customize the MS CRM functionality to replace Exchange server by some other mail server. For which I am using CRM SDK server side programming. But I am facing the problem while using "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll". It is throwing an exception with the message "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK". I have two questions 1. From where I can get the public SDK ? (I have copied the dll from MS CRM installation CD. But its not working.) 2. Am I following the right approach by using SDK programmin...

Alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003
I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The problem is that i have to use a robot tape changer in my production segment to read my backup tape. How can i build an active directory infrastructure with the same name as my production directory without being in trouble? Thanks On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:13:08 -0700, "Daystrom" <Daystrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover >some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The pro...

Exchange 2003 on SATA Raid
Hi all, I am planning to upgrade to a new mail server and was wondering whether anyone out there had experiences with running a busy mail server on SATA Raid 5 setup, in terms of performance. Will it cut it or should I just go back to the expensive SCSI setup? Thanks Michael If you can afford the SCSI, go with SCSI. If you can't SATA is good enough will do. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -an...

Override document (view) settings on incoming email attachments?
Using 2003 in a mixed 2003/2007 environment. I'm also using Word as my default Outlook email editor, in case that matters. I work with different people who all have individual preferences for how to work in their documents. When I get documents (by email), and open them, sometimes they open in side-by-side (2 page) view, sometimes the document will open without the drawing toolbar or other toolbars, etc. Is there a reliable way to make sure that my set toolbars will always open with all documents and that the document view will always be my preferred view (print layout, vs...

IS Symantec Antivirus safe on exchange 2003
Hi Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the Exchange server 2003??? Won't it interfere with my ports 25 and 110.... I allready have Symantec For Microsoft Exchange installed on the server... thanks pls refer to symantec's doc, it clearly stated which files you need to avoid scanning from SAVCE10 "Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BED181A-4DE5-4B2E-93E8-6969AF7F9B44@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is it safe to install Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10 on the > Exchang...

Folder View Uniformity (for all folders)
In Windows Explorer there is an option to view all folders in the same format as the one currently being viewed. Does this same feature exist in Outlook? This would assist with getting one folder looking exactly how you want it, then being able to make this the standard view for all folders, even the files in the personal folders (in Outlook). ...

Exchange OWA Conditions Page
Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange. About a year ago someone that is no longer here created OWA for all of employees to use. When we open up OWA is works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in. Is something like this possible? We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server. Thanks in advance! John wrote: > Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange. About a year ago someone that is no > longer here created OWA for all of employees to use. When we ope...

Colocated Exchange Server
Hello--- We have 5 branch offices nationwide, each with 50 users a piece. I would like to colocate an Exchange 2003 Server in a regional data center. Can clients using the Outlook client access the Exchange server without using VPN or PTPP services? I understand the Outlook client uses RPC to connect. Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Phil Update: I do have a VPN running between all offices and the data center in a hub and spoke arrangement. My concern is the additional load placed on the VPN between all offices will deem the VPN unreliable or slow. I understand RPC...

How can I automatically create a master list from 5 worksheets?
Hello, I have been posting frequently, so I apologize if this is redundant. I just thought of a simpler way to solve my problem and was looking for some help to get there. I was wondering if there is a way for excel to pull information from a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not want to filter it for criteria - I can do that with a macro once I have the master list together. What I have is 5 sheets that are not in the exact same format. They do all contain 7 fields of similar information which I would like to extract and put into a master list in a separate file. I would like this f...

Adding/Viewing Trendlines to Charts
I am working on adding a trendline to a line chart in excel. Currently, I am using Microsoft Excel 2000. I cannot seem to view the data points for the trendline, only the data points for the lines that I am graphing. Any ideas on how I can get the data points on the trendline to appear? Thanks in advance for your advice! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A trendline doesn't have explicit data points, at least not as MS chose to create one in an XL chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials...

Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI
When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the same email address. We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514 Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy - /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and /DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2] I deleted the public folder b...

Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster?
Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster? I'm going to install the latest update for Exchange 2003 plus all needed windows updates. Within the cluster, is there a needed order and any needed steps to due with the cluster service? Thanks In Advance On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:39:16 -0700, "FM" <FM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Installation order of updates on an Exchange Cluster? > >I'm going to install the latest update for Exchange 2003 plus all needed >windows updates. Within the cluster, is there a needed order and any needed >st...

Exchange 2007: messages in pickup direcory are converted to .tmp and .bad
The email that is delivered to the pickup directory is delivered to mailboxes, while copies of the emails with .tmp and .bad extension are left in the pickup directory. Is this normal, and what is the use of these leftovers? Thanks I've used the pickup directory for several applications and never seen this. Are you sure that your application isn't doing that? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1162388078.219363.253500@e64g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > The ...

Advanced Find View NEVERMIND
I found it ...

Exchange ES
Hi all, I have a brand new install of Exchange 2003. Everything looked good so I installed Exchange SP2. After installing SP2, my Exchange Event Service is logging an error. Basically it starts successfully, logs an error event id 5 "An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]", and then shuts down. All the info I see regarding that error stems from upgrading from 5.5 which I haven't done. Please let me know what I need to do to resolve this. Thanks! Stu Dont start the Exchange Event Service, keep it stopped. you don't require it. I ne...