ADC Connection Agreement Wizard

I have a mixed Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 network that I inherited.  We
have Exchange 5.5 running on an NT 4 BDC, and there is also an
Exchange 2000 server at a separate site in the domain.

We are preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server at the main
site and migrate all the users from the Exchange 5.5 server then
decommission the old server.

It doesn't appear that the Exchange 2000 server was joined to the
Exchange 5.5 organization when it was installed because they are
different business units.  However, when I try to join the Exchange
2003 server to the Exchange 5.5 organization I get the following error
from the ADC Connection Agreement Wizard:

Error: The organization o=T2 Supply is already installed into this
forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=SKC
Communication Products, Inc.. Please choose a 5.5 server in the
correct Org.

T2 Supply is the organization on the Exchange 2000 server, and SKC
Communications Products, Inc. is the Exchange 5.5 organization.

I have already changed the Exchange 5.5 organization to remove the ","
from the name but it hasn't been reflected.  Do I need to restart
exchange or the NT 4 server to make this take?

How can I resolve this issue to join the new server to the old
organization?  Is it possible to resolve this at this time?

Thanks

Jeff Magady
Support Engineer
Tekniq Data Corporation
0
jmagady (1)

The problem is that you can only have one Exchange 2000/2003 per Org per
forest.

Since the T2 Supply installed E2K already they have prevented you from
joining the existing 5.5 Org.

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jeff Magady" <jmagady@tekniqdata.com> wrote in message
>I have a mixed Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 network that I inherited.  We
> have Exchange 5.5 running on an NT 4 BDC, and there is also an
> Exchange 2000 server at a separate site in the domain.
>
> We are preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server at the main
> site and migrate all the users from the Exchange 5.5 server then
> decommission the old server.
>
> It doesn't appear that the Exchange 2000 server was joined to the
> Exchange 5.5 organization when it was installed because they are
> different business units.  However, when I try to join the Exchange
> 2003 server to the Exchange 5.5 organization I get the following error
> from the ADC Connection Agreement Wizard:
>
> Error: The organization o=T2 Supply is already installed into this
> forest but the configured 5.5 server is a member of organization o=SKC
> Communication Products, Inc.. Please choose a 5.5 server in the
> correct Org.
>
> T2 Supply is the organization on the Exchange 2000 server, and SKC
> Communications Products, Inc. is the Exchange 5.5 organization.
>
> I have already changed the Exchange 5.5 organization to remove the ","
> from the name but it hasn't been reflected.  Do I need to restart
> exchange or the NT 4 server to make this take?
>
> How can I resolve this issue to join the new server to the old
> organization?  Is it possible to resolve this at this time?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jeff Magady
> Support Engineer
> Tekniq Data Corporation

0
mbarta (202)
4/22/2004 5:16:32 PM
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:16:32 -0500, "Michael Barta [MSFT]"
<mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The problem is that you can only have one Exchange 2000/2003 per Org per
>forest.
>
>Since the T2 Supply installed E2K already they have prevented you from
>joining the existing 5.5 Org.

What are my options for migrating the the users and public folders
from the 5.5 server to the new 2003 server?

Also, since T2 Supply is a separate business unit, can I move their
exchange  server into a separate orginization to allow me to join the
new server to the exchange 5.5 orginization?
0
jmagady1 (1)

Vista "ipv4 connectivity limited"
Hi We have two Vista PCs connected wirelessly to a BTHomeHub2. Both have been connecting to the internet fine, until today. My partner now can't get online. Her machine shows ipv4 connectivity limited. (Both our computers also show ipv6 limited, but my ipv4 shows "internet" and of course is connecting fine.) It reports the signal strength is excellent. Another message says "the computer is connected to the BTHomeHub2, but does not have access to the internet." As I've said, we've had no similar problem before, and have not changed any se...

connecting outlook to msn.com
i had this working on the main computer but the hard drive locked up, blowing the power supply and the mainboard. Intel 440 bx. now got my older computer working with W2k and Office 2003 and set my outlook up per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287604/en-us to work but i still haven't figured out how to get it working. it indicates my user name or password is not right but i am connecting through hotmail ok. i need to get on msn.com so i can pull off my mail into my folders... any other hints? charlie are you using the connector or pop? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...

Internet connectivity error in word

Outlook 2003 no longer sees or connects to my mailboxes
Hi All, I just tried to set up my new gmail account alongside my long time existing other POP3 account. First I noticed that I cannot access my gmail account (no send/recieve item for it, not able to choose the profile when composing a new message), although it is visible in account setup (and tests ok). Then after a few Outlook restarts, and (uh..) renaming the accounts, all the two have been disonnected from Outlook. Now there's no send/recieve menu items at all, and if i start a new message, there's no profiles, and i cannot send it. Any hints highly appreciated! ...

Can't connect to new mailboxes Exchange 2003
Running new single 2003 Exchange server I created new mailboxes last week - and the XP clients using Office 2003 connected OK However now - when I create a new mailbox - I am unable to connect to it from any client. I can still create a new profile and connect to existing mailboxes Help please ! heraclius@aol.com (groundhog) wrote in news:f10086a3.0402161113.786e22ad@posting.google.com: > I created new mailboxes last week - and the XP clients using Office > 2003 connected OK > > However now - when I create a new mailbox - I am unable to connect to > it from any client. I ...

Build-in wizard
Dear All, I don't know why, now when I add a Command Button, it won't open the wizard to ask me questions ( open query, open form, run macro, quit etc ). Why this happens? I know this is a build-in wizard so that I can't find any place I can set the wizard is on or off. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Kenneth With a Form or Report open in design view and with the Toolbox displayed, click the Wizard Icon (wand and stars). You should be able to see it toggle on and off. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Kenneth Ho" <hoken@hknet.c...

Letter Wizard formatting
I have installed the office suite on my I-Book that is running OS 10.2.6. I have installed all the updates. My problem is when I run the letter wizard or make a new project in the project gallery the information gets formatted to the top of the new document. I have deleted and reinstalled the office suite, deleted the normal doc. If anyone can help if would be much appreciated. Hi Patrick, My first suggestion is pretty easy to do. Use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions Then try again. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Than...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

Problem starting different http connections from the same application
Hi, I have a multithreaded application in which one thread sends a request to a web server -and reads the response for a while (which is why its a separate thread). The other thread needs to send data periodically to the server - but this is where I run into problems. In the method that the second thread uses makes a new session , gets a new connection, creates a new http file - but fails to send the data. Looking at the ethereal captures, it seems that the second thread is sending requests through the same tcp connection that the very first request (that hasn't returned yet) we...

Import Wizard settings
I'm importing comma delimited files into excel. I would like to set the import wizard settings so that it is always "delimited" (rather than "fixed width") and "comma" (rather than "tab"). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Patricia -- ***This message has been scanned for viruses by Norton Utilities *** You could record a macro while you do it once and choose the settings you require for each stage. Then in future you only need to run the macro. I think Dave Peterson gave a skeleton outline a few day's ago in response to a similar req...

Lost Excel connection to BP
Hello: Last week, the IIS server at a client crashed. They were able to get the server back up and Business Portal is running fine, now, for all users. One user, however, is reporting that his connection to Business Portal data from Microsoft Excel no longer finds the databases (companies) except for that of a test company called “The Phone Company”. In Excel, he goes to Data…Import External Data, grabs the Microsoft Business Solutions data source, types in the URL, and he finds the root directories to the databases. But, again, the databases that he used to see are not there. I c...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

30 redeployment wizard error
I am trying to redeploy 3.0 in two cases. first case: redeploy in the same domain, everything is ok. second case: redeploy to a new domain, problem occurs during redeployment wizard usage. It says "An error occurred when populating Microsoft CRM user groups. Ensure that CRM user accounts are accessible from the current domain and run the wizard again." I created new users in the new domain and manually mapped with previous ones. Since this a test environment, user names, computer name, domain names of both previous and new systems are identical. Please give me recommendatio...

Save My Settings wizard, what gets saved?
With Office 2003's Save My Settings wizard, what exactly gets saved? What configurations? Our biggest issue is when we rebuild someone's computer that has Outlook 2003 on it, there is no standard place where signature graphics/logos are kept. Will this help solve that concern? TIA charlie.wade@gmail.com <charlie.wade@gmail.com> wrote: > With Office 2003's Save My Settings wizard, what exactly gets saved? > What configurations? Why not spend two seconds in the Microsoft Knowledgebase? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826809/en-us -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Tha...

Connection Schedule #2
We have all of our store computers setup on connection schedules. One of them is not connecting automatically and we have request a data upload to get the information off the server. Does anyone know why it would not be connecting and how we can fix the problem? There are a lot of reasons that would cause a store connection to fail - Here is where I would start: 1) Is the connection schedule defined in HQ Mgr?: HQ Mgr> Admin> Stores> Locate/Highlight store> Properties> Connection Schedule - is schedule according to your connection map? 2) Make sure stores connections are...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

yahoo.es connection in my smtp virtual server
Our mail has slowed down to where and internal email is taking up to 3 hours when it would be there in a second. I looked in ex2k3 server manager and there were no connectors and there was a connection in my smtp virtual server named Yahoo.es Also I could not see my queue's, the server manager would stop responding. I rebooted the box then I created a connector and was able to get into my queue's. The queue's were over 7,000 and counting. I changed settings to try to clear them out. stoped and restarted smtp server. waited and It still keeps building up. My internal email...

connect access mde file to sql server
Hi All I have an application build on MsAccess XP with both Front End MsAccess and Back End MDB file. it seems that the application works perfect on a single user computer and in a multi-user up to 10 users.I need to convert the Back End MDB to SQL Database . Is it easy to do without the need to change the code in the Front End. Or is there a Step By Step Manual to do that ? thanks in advance Wael If it's only your backend you can choose to export your table to SQL-Server. When done you have a solution which uses 'linked tables'. The front_end will remain the same. Re...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Rule out "connection pool" trouble...
Friends, Probably my ignorance showing, but we are troubleshooting SQL Servers running on virtualized machines. Three virtual Server 2008 running on one piece of hardware, each running SQL Server, each with little client applications that each communicate with all three SQL Servers. The symptoms seem like "networking issues"; we have very long delays and timeouts if no activity has occurred for a while, but once the three start communicating successfully, all is well. Each little client on each server opens a connection to each of the three servers to do some work...

which evet will fire when the client closes its connection with Socket server?
Hi, I created a Stream socket server derived from CSocket and some clients r connected to it.Which event is triggered when the Client closes its connection with server? or How do i know there is no connection between server and client? Reny ...

How to move standard buttons in VS.NET2003 wizards?
Hi, I can't seem to move the next and back buttons in my CPropertySheet wizard. I can get the window handles in OnInitDlg, but the rectangles are the same for each button. What I really want to do is hide the Help button, and shift everything over. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind - I figured it out. "Curtis" wrote: > Hi, > > I can't seem to move the next and back buttons in my CPropertySheet wizard. > I can get the window handles in OnInitDlg, but the rectangles are the same > for each button. > > What I really want to do is hide the Help butt...

Connecting via VPN to Exchange Server at work
I want to connect to my work's exchange server so that I can get my email in Outlook on my home PC...the VPN connection works fine...I can even ping the exchange server by name or IP address...but when I try to add a new email account in Outlook on my home PC it says: "Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The connection to Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I verified the server and mailbox name and they are correct. C...

Outlook cannot connect after 20-30 minutes idle time
We have SBS2k and Exchange server 2000. After about 20 -30 minutes my user's outlook will not connect to the exchange server and the only way to correct this is to reboot. Once they reboot they are fine until they experience 20-30 minutes of Outlook being open and just sitting there. This happens on 4 of the 16 user's machines that i have. the user's are running XP pro and one of the 4 users has MS outlook 2003 and the other three have MS outlook 2002. One thing i notice with th e user that has 2003, is that after i added a new user account to her machine she started ha...

Rules Wizard #16
Hi, I have a strange problem with my Outlook 2002 Rules Wizard. I can create a new rule and execute it. However, when I tick on the rule I'd like to apply and click on Ok to exit the Rules wizard I get the following message: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store the rules." The rule is very simple and I only have one rule so its not a space limitation issue. Any idea on what could be causing this and how to overcome this is app...