AD users&computers

Windows 2k3 Server and Exchange 2k3

I installed adminpak on another XP workstation to setup users account. After
created account I realised the user's account didn't have Exchange email
account created.

What sort of application I need in order to have user's account created
within AD and Exchange apart from accessing the server physically?

0
ditto1314 (6)

You need the Exchange System Manager integration with Active Directory Users
and Computers. Install ESM by using the Exchange CD (Custom Install). After
that, you should be able to right-click on the user in question to add a
mailbox.
Alternatively, the Exchange server should have a copy of Active Directory
Users and Computers that has the Exchange snap-ins installed.

--
Michael Bell
Bell Consulting Services, Inc.
"bear" <ditto1314@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows 2k3 Server and Exchange 2k3
>
> I installed adminpak on another XP workstation to setup users account.
> After
> created account I realised the user's account didn't have Exchange email
> account created.
>
> What sort of application I need in order to have user's account created
> within AD and Exchange apart from accessing the server physically?

0
mbell (30)

send email from VB with minimum user input, mapi, cdo?
I want to add the ability for the user to email an attachment after generating a report, but I don't want to have to rely on them for much help in setting up the email, a lot of them would have trouble finding their outgoing mail server, whether it requres authentication etc. Is it possible to send mail from VB after looking up the outgoing server and any authentication that may be required from the registry, just asking the user to enter the destination email address? And is there a recommended method for sending email that will work on XP through W7? On Aug 13, 6:1...

Adding another field if the equation = True
If this equation is equal to True, How to I tell it to also add a cell from another sheet. If this is equal to true I want it to read for example Nov 22 2004 PT =IF(B21=TRUE, TEXT(C20,"mmm dd yyyy"), TEXT(E20, "mmm yyyy")) =IF(B21=TRUE, CONCATENATE(TEXT(C20,"mmm dd yyyy")," ",Sheet2!A20), TEXT(E20, "mmm yyyy")) This assumes you are trying to smash some text onto the end of your date, with a space before that added text. "Mindie" wrote: > If this equation is equal to True, How to I tell it to also add a cell from > ano...

Adding cells from multiple Worksheets
Good day, I am looking for a way to add cells together from multiple worksheets within a single spreadsheet. The catch is: I want to be able to create the formula to allow me to insert additional worksheets and still come up with the correct total. Is there a way to reference a cell in a non-existent worksheet? Or is there another way to accomplish my goal? TIA - Joe Hi Joe Add two dummy sheets(empty sheets)with the name start as the first sheet and one with the name end as the last sheet of your workbook. this are empty sheets!!! All worksheets between these sheets will be Sum ...

AD Conversion Tools
We have about 140 remote users that we need to get added to AD. They all work out of their homes and have Cisco VPN access. Are there any tools from Microsoft or 3rd party that might make it easier to get these users on AD? I tested Netdom and it works to get the computer added, but what about migrating the profile. They all have a local user/profile now via Novell. Also, is there a better solution to Cisco VPN? "tkutil" wrote: > We have about 140 remote users that we need to get added to AD. They all work > out of their homes and have Cisco VPN access. Are th...

How can I create a folder under user's Inbox for all domain users
Dear all, Is there any approach to create a folder under Outlook 2k's Inbox for all my domain users in Exchange server-end (Exchange 2k3)? or any tools/scripts to do this? And how can I set a Server-end rules for all the uses to deliver some specific email to this folder? Thans for your inputs. Redd ...

What's the best way to explain to users how to share mailboxes?
Hello, We're moving to Exchange/Outlook 2003 from another mailsystem. We have literally hundreds of boss-secretary and functional-mailboxes. In Outlook, we're having a hard time explaining to our users -- and ourselves -- the differences between sharing mailboxes using Delegates Access, and sharing mailboxes by setting individual permissions on each folder. Can anyone explain exactly when you should use either for a shared mailbox please? Ideally, we'd like users to use the Tools - Options - Delegates tab only because it's easy to use. However, we'd also like t...

Need Help on Http Header to add my own User-Agent with CDHTMLDialog #2
I use CDHTMLDialog to program a simple web browser, and I had a trobule on Http Header modify. I want add my own "User-Agent" when client use my application to browse web. //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #define WM_NVTO (WM_USER+1000) class NvToParam { public: CString URL; DWORD Flags; CString TargetFrameName; CByteArray PostedData; CString Headers; DWORD dwPostDataLen; }; //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ LRESULT Ccdhtml...

Adding the 4 highest numbers from a set of 6
I wish to select the best 4 scores out of a maximum of 6 and add them together to produce a ranking based on that criteria, using XL 2003 One way =SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(A1:A6,ROW(INDIRECT("1:4")))) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "seasport" wrote: > I wish to select the best 4 scores out of a maximum of 6 and add them > together to produce a ranking based on that criteria, using XL 2003 ...

how do I fill a online Ads and store on web page itself to see oth
Hi, I am new with this product (Publisher 2003), I saw some webcast and now familiar, I want to create a free community where people can help each other, do the Publisher 2003 has that feature ? if yes please help help me out how to do that. I want to create one page where anyone can create their Ads and save to web page itself so others can see and reply back to Ads creator. Similar to craigslist.com & miindia.com http://miindia.com/classifieds/Classifieds_insert.aspx Thanks -- Advo I am by no means an expert, but I suspect that what you want to do is beyond the scope of Publish...

non admin user cannot use application
after installing office via the installer as an admin user in Tiger and Panther the users on the machine that do not have admin status cannot access <use> the applications. The microsoft office folder and sub folders have a red minus sign which means access privileges are denied. G5 Panther and Tiger Dual boot Multi user Machine plenty o RAM ...

Adding custom view to account entity
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C6BBC7.5F9E6560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a custom view that I would like to add to the navigation pane = (under details) of my account entity. How do I accomplish this? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C6BBC7.5F9E6560 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META htt...

Question about user-entered parameters in queries
I have an update query in Access that requires the user to enter a parameter to define the fiscal quarter, which is assigned to the FSC_QTR field. Within the same query I am attempting to use the FSC_QTR field to lookup a value from another table and assign it to the QTR_NUM field. However, I am not getting any results when I first run the update query in the QTR_NUM field. However, if I run the query again, I do get results, leading me to believe Access is executing the lookup before prompting the user for the parameter value (even though I put the FSC_QTR field to the left of the QTR_NUM fie...

AD issue with CRM 3.0 installation
Hi, I get the following error on the last page during installation: "Setup was unable to verify that the "Trust for Delegation" property is enabled for the computer object." I am a newbie and I would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks, -Sekhar From what I remember this is only a warning, not an error, so you can continue the installation. There are several reasons for this warning that don't affect the CRM installation; the most common is if you don't have Domain Admin rights -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation...

Adding new fields to forms
Hi, I would like to add in new fields to a form and want to able to use this field as a calculation. For instance I add a new "no_of_room" field to the opportunity product page and wan CRM to be able to use this "no_of_rooms" field to multiply the "quantity" field and populate the calculated amount to the "amount" field when save button is clicked. how do i go abt doing this? kindly assist asap pls. Thanks Hi, try using workflow to do that. But however that doesn't apply much to your example, in that case you should adjust the units of y...

adding a comment or editing a received email
I occassionaly would like to either edit an incoming email from someone else or add a comment it to it. I am using outlook2003 Hello, Marvin - Once you've hit one of the "Reply" options, you can edit email messages by just placing your cursor where you want to make changes and start typing. Your name should come up in brackets firstlike this [Marvin]and then you can type in changes. If your name doesn't come up first in brackets, you select Tools, Options, Preferences, E-Mail Options, and check the box at the bottom that says "Mark my comments with..." ...

Adding DocumentType to XML-File
Hello, does anybody have an example of how to create a simple "DOCTYPE" declaration such as: <!DOCTYPE BMECAT SYSTEM "bmecat_new_catalog_1_2.dtd"> I have an DataSet (dsCatalog), created with VS DataSet designer, which I'd filled with data. After that I like to add this declaration in line 2. This is my sample code - but I doesn't work: XmlDataDocument doc = new XmlDataDocument(dsCatalog); XmlDocumentType type = doc.CreateDocumentType("BMECAT", null, "bmecat_new_catalog_1_2.dtd", null); doc.InsertBefore(type, doc.DocumentElement); G...

Prompt user to enter tax wages if necessary in Payroll Manual Chec
When users enter manual checks, the taxable wage amount associated with that tax is often forgotten. I know I can always enter another transaction and update the taxable wages, but I would like to see the system ask me if taxable wages should be entered....as a reminder. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and ...

POP or IMAP access for 2nd user?
I've been Googling the hell out of this issue, so hopefully someone here can help... I'm getting a "unified messaging" setup with a new PBX (NEC) and it delivers the users voicemail as a WAV file via normal SMTP. The problem comes in with the feature to keep your voicemail in your mailbox in sync with the voicemails sitting on the traditional voicemail system. It uses either POP or IMAP to access the user's mailbox and delete voicemails from one side or the other as needed. The way they say I have to set it up is to enter each user's credentials into the syncing app...

Adding letters and numbers
Hi. Here's what I'm looking to do. If I enter this in cell A:6 to A:8 A:6 = 10b65b22 A:7 = 10b65b22 A:8 = 10b65b21 then excel will see that A:6 and A:7 is the same value so it will erase A:7 and B:6 will give 2. So if A:8 was the same then A=6 then A:8 erase itself and B:6 gives 3. The other thing is if I enter this A:6 = 8kb7800 Then I want excel to recognize the first 3 numbers/letters and if the first 3 characters = 8kb, then c:6 = FEDEX Hope I can get some help -- TH3ROOKIE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TH3ROOKIE's Profile...

Mailboxes not being created with new users....
When I create a new user within Active Directory, the cooresponding mailbox is not being created along with it (even though that option was selected). Environment is Win 2003 Server with Exchnage 2003. Anyone know of a possible bug or issue? Is the new account being stamped with email addresses, look on the Email Addresses tab in Active Directory Users and Computers?, if it is not then you might want to check your Recipient Update Service is pointing to a valid DC and Exchange server, if they are being stamped with email address but are not appearing in the Mailbox section of Exchange ...

adding "Notes" from my pst file to "My Notes"
Hi, I use Outlook 2003. While logged in as one of the profile, I accidently removed from "My Notes" one Notes folder from one of my pst file. How do I add that Notes folder back to the list of "My Notes" again? I could not find any way to configure "My Notes" option anywhere!! go to the folder list and fin the folder, right click and choose add to My Notes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

Users can log on after account is locked out
I am having problems figuring this out. If a user enters the wrong password 3 times, they are locked out and displays a message. If they enter the correct password the next time, it allows them to log on to the computer, but their account is locked out and have no access to the network. Why does it allow them to do this? Should it not display a message you are locked out and not allow you to log on at all? The DC is Windows 2003 standard and all of the workstations are XP Prof. Thanks. Hello pete0085, How are the GPO settings configured in the policy on domain leve...

adding option boxes
hi..im need 2 add 2 option buttons.. i have 2 cells containing 2 names...i need the buttons to select 1 cell over the other eg..i want to select the cell containg tom..and not the cell containg joe..or vice versa. hope that makes sence.lol.. and Thanks in Advance ...

SBS 2008 RWW "No computers are available"
After performing a migration from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008, users are unable to log on to any computers via Remote Web Workplace. Under 'Connect to a computer' it just says 'No computers are available'. I've followed all the official documentation and can't see what I've missed. Here's what I've done:- - Confirmed that all user and computer accounts are in the correct SBS 2008 OUs in Active Directory - Confirmed that all user and computer accounts appear in the SBS console - Configured user/computer accounts in the SBS console to allow users to acces...

email template should allow adding attachments
currently there is no way to add attchments to a template, which is a severe restriction ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=dece7711-7f8d-43b3-9d68-c6dc4a12ee...