AD GAL not syncing with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode

exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
clients....

when i add new users to the active directory they aren't
seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for
like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address
book...

whatsup with that?
0
anonymous (74722)

By default, Exchange 200x will only rebuild the offline address book once a
day (something like 4 or 5 in the morning).  Outlook 2003 in cached mode
will only download the offline address book once every 24 hours (varies
based on users connectivity).  If you are adding a bunch of users and
Outlook 2003 needs to see it like immediately, you need to force Exchange
200x to rebuild the offline address book and then force Outlook 2003 to
download the updated offline address book.

"jdr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
> clients....
>
> when i add new users to the active directory they aren't
> seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for
> like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address
> book...
>
> whatsup with that?

0
neoheart (690)
6/10/2004 10:16:41 PM
Neo,
    Is there any way to make outlook 2003 in cache mode to always update the
address book?

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> By default, Exchange 200x will only rebuild the offline address book once
> day (something like 4 or 5 in the morning).  Outlook 2003 in cached mode
> will only download the offline address book once every 24 hours (varies
> based on users connectivity).  If you are adding a bunch of users and
> Outlook 2003 needs to see it like immediately, you need to force Exchange
> 200x to rebuild the offline address book and then force Outlook 2003 to
> download the updated offline address book.
>
> "jdr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
> > clients....
> >
> > when i add new users to the active directory they aren't
> > seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for
> > like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address
> > book...
> >
> > whatsup with that?

0
sabo_e (163)
6/11/2004 2:19:05 PM
Yes, configure the send/receive group to download the address book.  (ctrl +
alt + s.  Edit the appropriate send/receive group or create a custom one.)

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> Neo,
>     Is there any way to make outlook 2003 in cache mode to always update
the
> address book?
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message
> > By default, Exchange 200x will only rebuild the offline address book
once
> > day (something like 4 or 5 in the morning).  Outlook 2003 in cached mode
> > will only download the offline address book once every 24 hours (varies
> > based on users connectivity).  If you are adding a bunch of users and
> > Outlook 2003 needs to see it like immediately, you need to force
Exchange
> > 200x to rebuild the offline address book and then force Outlook 2003 to
> > download the updated offline address book.
> >
> > "jdr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > exchange 2000 with exchange 2003 cached exchange mode
> > > clients....
> > >
> > > when i add new users to the active directory they aren't
> > > seen in outlook 2003 cached exchange mode address book for
> > > like a day and a half...even if i force sync the address
> > > book...
> > >
> > > whatsup with that?

0
neoheart (690)

Junk Mail in Outlook 2003
Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? No, you will have to manually empty it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Ivan Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there not an option to have the Junk Mail folder | emptied when you close Outlook 2003 on my Win XP Pro PC? ...

System Tray icon in Outlook 2003
It looks cluttered, and I don't like it or need it. Despite trying, I a completely unable to remove this icon. Is it possible? TI -- djcasele ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djcaseley's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=273 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187089748 Uncheck "Hide when Minimized" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "djcaseley" <djcaseley.1s7fwi@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message news:djcaseley.1s7fwi@no-mx.msusenet.com... > > It looks cluttered, and I don't lik...

Exchange 5.5 organizations
Hi everyone, In different organizations I got a winNT domain with Exchange 5.5, recipients have xyz@domainNT.com SMTP addresses. Other domain W2K, have Exchange 5.5 too, recipients have xyz@domainW2K.com SMTP addresses. Its possible to "migrate" all mail service from domainNT to domainW2K mantaining the same SMTP address for clients? I said "migrate" as a uninstalling Exchange 5.5 from DomainNT but keeping all other services. Thanks for your help and comments. The answer is Yes. Supply that you have got the exchange server "Move Server Wizard" in Exchan...

how to turn on teh web client for Exchange...
We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using a web browser. We had this set up at one point and it was working fine quite some time ago. Now, for some reason it is not. What are the steps to turn this on in Exchange? Thanks, Brad What happens when you go to https://<mailserver>/exchange ? -- - Ahmed Jalal "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:uceZ83TbGHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have some users who want to access their Exchange email remotely using > a web browser. We had this set up at one poi...

Script to add existing AD users to a group
I am working in a environment with 4500 AD users. we have 2K3 and 2K8 DCs. I would like to craete two groups, one comprising 1500 users and the other with 1900 users. The users are currently existing in AD but I have to assign them to these new groups. I kindly request for a script that will assist me populate these groups with users. I have the lists of the users in two separate excel lists. Kindly assist -- tnai9 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tnai9's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/51685.htm View this thread: http:...

Analysis Cubes Add In for Excel 2003 with GP Data
All: I posted this to one of the Excel forums as well, but thought the GP group may know something about this. I am using the Analysis Cubes add-in for Excel 2003 to build out a dashboard, so this is a free-form report. Problem1: I can place dimensions into the report, but, if I refresh the report data or connection, the field value in the field where the dimension is located goes blank. Anyone seen this? Problem2: On the sheet I have one page filter on Week End Date (=cubecellmember("GL-FINAC01", "Cal Week End".All Cal Week End.01 Jan 2007")). What I want...

Can I determine which version of Exchange Server from Outlook?
Hi, Can I deteremine which version of Exchange Server my Outlook account goes through from within my Outlook application? Thanks, Peter No. You can do this from checking headers of mail sent to your Internet account, but not from mail sent within the same Exchange organization. Send yourself a piece of email to your home account and check there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sduraybito@go.com asked: | Hi,...

OUTLOOK 2003 & sending error
It seems that my Outlook 2003 (standard edition) is trying to send a Return reciept from a google mail account, but it never goes thru. I've tried to find this return reciept in the outbox but there's nothing there. Anyone know of a way to correct this situation? -- "There Are No Stupid Questions.... ,,,just un-informed people attempting to make informed decisions" The Lurch <lurchkida@bellsouth.net> wrote: > It seems that my Outlook 2003 (standard edition) is trying to send a > Return reciept from a google mail account, but it nev...

Import XHTML into Word 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help out on this or sheering me to the right direction. We are currently develop a c# application that will automatically generate Word Doc. The application will pull data from database and then through Tidy format the data into VALID XHTML. And then, we take the XHTML, parse it, then using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word to generate the word doc on the fly. So our problem is that, the algorithm we use the parse the data is not correct, and the program may crashed if it parsing not correctly (it get into an infinite loop). We are trying to finding a better solutio...

Exchange 2003 support Instant Messaging?
Ive been looking around and from what I can see is that to get IM functionality in Exchange 2oo3 we would have to get Office Live Communications server? Is this functionality not built into Exchange, getting entirely new licenses for IM seems rediculous to me. No, this was part of Exchange Server 2000, but removed from Exchange 2003. LCS replaced the functionality, and is a more full-featured product. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Money 2003 won't install
Haven't seen anything like this yet so here goes. Been running M2003 for a year, no problems. Upgraded computer and had all Microsoft software corrupted. (No one else) Have now formatted both drives, re-installed W98se, and tried to install Money 2003. Starts install process and quits. No error messages. Proper .MSI and SYSPack along with IE6 have been installed but haven't helped. Registry flushed between attempts. Same results with Project 2000 and Office 2000. No difficulties with any other software. Have upgraded to OpenOffice.org and a replacement for Project but I'd ...

Outlook 2003: Can't Open Item...
My Beta of Office 2003 was fine until it downloaded and installed an update. Now can't see a preview of the message and when I try to open it, I get: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I have 512mb of ram, and 368mb or more is shown as available. It WILL show the message if I select it and click REPLY, but then it's displaying it in a reply Word editor and the links don't work well. I shouldn't have to do that to see any message. Yes, I have tried turning on READ MAIL USING WORD, ...

Private Folder problems on Exchange 2000
Can anyone help with this strange behaviour of Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 server, clients using Outlook 2000. System boots and Exchange Server runs but on two users (UserA, UserB) on opening Outlook the Outlook Today folder is not expanded and if clicked to expand an error message UNABLE TO EXPAND THE FOLDER APPEARS. Both users can see full information if Web Access is used. In UserB's case he cannot open his list at all but UserA sees all his folders beginning with the letters A and B. UserA has approx. 300 folders and UserB has approx. 500 Additionally there has been an ongoing p...

Outlook/Exchange rules
Is there a limit on the number of rules that can be used with Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003SP1 & if so, how many rules, or are there any registry hacks that can increase the number? Also, what determines whether a rule is Server or Client sided? Thanks in advance Hi The max size limit for Exchange 2003 mailbox server side rules is 32Kb, the number of rules for your 32Kb would vary depending on the size of each rule. Client side rules are ones that are stored in your Outlook profile, and only operate when the user us loged in and Outlook open. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pr...

Converting emails from Windows Outlook 2003 to OS X Entourage
Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! You need to restate the question in the post. It gets truncated in the title. "Desperate!!" wrote: > Guys Please if anyone can help me on how to do this PLEASE DO! > ...

CDO and Exchange connectivity issue
Hello Everyone, I'm working with Microsoft's CDO component (CDONTS or CDOSYS, I get the same results) on a Windows XP workstation, Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003. I have set up the SMTP service on the workstation, I imagine the SMTP service on the workstation should hand the message off the the exchange server and the exchange server would send the message out. I've had this work in environments that I didn't set up myself so I know its possible. But now I'm stuck setting up the environment and it isn't working as I'd hoped. If I send a message to...

sync of large excel files will not completly transfer
When I transfer a large excel spreed sheet not all the file will transfer over. I thought that it might be related to the size of the memory however it will not copy directly on to a 1 gig memory card either. Is there a setting that is limiting the size of the file? any ideas would be appreicated. -- Thank you ! ...

Outlook 2003 will not shut down
When I start Outlook for the first time after a re-boot all is well. Howeve r, although Outlook seems to shut down, when I attempt to start it agian, no thing. I open task manager and find that the first instance of Outlook is s till running as a process. Once I kill the first process, Outlook starts. Why does the Outlook process remain after a shutdown and how can I fix it. I have already tried a repair as well as removing and re-installing Outlook and also applied the newly released Office SP1. Thanks in advance! John Cleveland <jcleveland@urban-systems.com> wrote: > Why doe...

Exchange 2k3 Delivery Status
If I get this message does it mean our server having problem resolving the name or the way around? "Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed" Please Advice, Thank you It means your server is having problems delivering the message. It could mean any number of things, from their server being unavailable, to not being able to resolve their name, to network routing, etc. What happens if you do an nslookup for MX records for that domain? Does it return results? If so, then attempt to telnet to port 25 of the servers listed. Do they respond? -- Ben Winzenz Exch...

Version of Exchange Server + Spamfilter
I would like to find out which version of Exchange we are running. I tries to find it in the System Manager but I'm unsure where to look. I found something like: Version 6.0 Build 5762.4 Service Pack 2. What version does this belong to and are there any Spam-filters available for this version?? Txs Answat Hi Answat, You are running Exchange 2000 Service Pack 2, as for Anti-SPAM filters; unfortunately Microsoft Intelligent Message Filtering (IMF) is not available for Exchange 2000. But GFI have a freeware version of their Anti-SPAM product MailEssentials, have a look here: http:/...

adding row headings to multiple pages
I'm trying to add row headings to the page set up to add multiple pages. I need to print rows 1, 2 and 3. What format do I use? You can repeat rows on top in the File->Page setup->Sheet tab. In the "Rows to repeat at top" enter $1:$3, and those rows will show in all the printed pages. Hope this helps, Miguel. "connie" wrote: > I'm trying to add row headings to the page set up to add multiple pages. I > need to print rows 1, 2 and 3. What format do I use? ...

outlook 2003: imap deleted and sent items
hi there - i am using imap with outlook 2003. i cant work out the following: 1. what is happening to my "deleted items"? I delete by pressing the delete key and was hoping to get the messages saved in the trash folder for storage and later view/search if necessary (like pop3 allows). however, they simply seem to disappear. I would like ti (i) retrieve those already "dissapeared" mails (ii) set up a system so that the deleted items will save to "trash" or elsewhere on pressing delete for later use/access 2 sent items - same problem really - i have i...

Access 2003 Question
How do I get the "statusbar text" to display in a form? It displays on the Status Bar when the control has the focus and the Status Bar is turned on. Where do you want to display the data on your form? dpee wrote: >How do I get the "statusbar text" to display in a form? -- RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 What is it you exactly want? You can place text in the description of...

Two Exchange 2003 servers in the same domain
I have two Exchange 2003 servers in the same domain: mail1.domain.com and mail2.domain.com. alice@domain.com mailbox is located on mail1, bob@domain.com mailbox is on mail2. If alice sends email to bob, bob never gets it. I can see email sitting in the queue and at some point alice gets undelivery report. How do I configure communication between exchange servers in this scenario? Alex Hi, The servers should find each one automatically. Did you configure smart-host on one of the SMTP virtuel servers - then this would cause the problem. Smart-hosts should always be configured on SMTP...

Using Exchange 2003 to host our own e-mail
We have SBS 2003 w/Exchange 2003 installed. We also have OWA working (all this was done by a third party). Is there a way (or place I can look this up?) to use Exchange to host our own e-mail (easily)? Carl, There as many tasks that need to be done to do what you ask. Although generally not hard it just need to be done in the correct order. Also it more than just SBS to make this happen. To give all the details here is beond the scope of newsgroups. I suggest using your favorit search engine. The SBS getting started docs also has the requirements. Hope this helps. "Carl Gross...