Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts

I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange
2k3.  I've also created a journal folder in the public folders.

I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the
activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go
into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal.  How do I do
this?

0
dave8525 (1)

How to share outlook 2003 customize contacts or contacts subfolder?
How to share outlook 2003 customize contacts? or share contacts subfolders ...

Exchange Contacts list
I maintain the contact info for my old Air Force Pilot Training group. I would like to send that info to a couple other pilots so they can have a backup listing. They use Outlook also. What would be the best way to do that? I've tried going into Contacts and choosing import/export but the export options don't include the basic format that Outlook uses. Mail merge seems to be for sending mass mailings. There may be an easier way than this, but . . . Create a PST file (if using 2007, make sure the PST file is 2000 compatible), Copy the contacts folder to the PST file, Emai...

Business contact Manager #37
After instaling Business Contact Manager the option for Business tools never show up. Are you using Outlook with an Exchange account? Did you get any error messages? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Mark" <mark_smith@cargilldow.com> wrote in message news:88ba01c48556$6373c670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > After instaling Business Contact Manager the option for...

How do I set my Outlook 2003 folder lists to be ungrouped by default?
Hi All Every time I create a new folder in my Outlook 2003 program, the message list (ie the top right panel of the usual 3 panel display) is always grouped. As I hate this format I have to keep right-clicking on the titlebar, go to 'Arrange by' and then uncheck 'Shown in Groups'. Do you know of a way that I can re-config Outlook so that by default the 'Shown in Groups' is not set, ie just one long list? Thanks Robbie Hi Robbie, By default, the Show in Groups feature is turned on for all Outlook 2003 folders. To turn on the Show in Groups feature for your ...

in outlook 2003 the favorite folders list has disappeared
I clicked the mail button and it still didn't appear. Please help. Have you tried the All Folders button instead? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, duckman asked: | I clicked the mail button and it still didn't appear. Please help. Thanks for your help, I have to wait to get the machine in question. Duckman. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Have you tried the All Folders button inst...

Adding a Printable Version button to a Web Publication
I have created a web version of a newsletter and want to add a button to bring up a version (probably PDF) that will print correctly. The web version does not have print margins set up and spread what should be a one page document onto two by cutting off the right side. I can create a PDF version that prints correctly, but I want to link that version to the web page via button or link for easy access. What is the best way to do this? Ask here if you are planning to publish this to a web site or emailing. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.p...

Parent Folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I go in parent folder from dialog box in easy way? The current file is in a folder. I want open another file but it is in parental folder. I click on File/Open and I can see the current folder. But there is not easy way to get to parental folder. I have to follow all the path from Document folder or root folder On 10/1/09 4:04 AM, in article 59b7daac.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com" <Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating Sys...

Set views for all folders
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003. I am wondering if there is an easy way to set the view settings of all folders at once. I can do one at a time but I have 30+ folders and would like to do all of them at once and set this as a default for any new folders I create. -- John Harris (Harry) Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby Christchurch New Zealand You can do this by modifying the default Messages view. However this will not work for folders that have a modified Messages view already. You're better of by defining a new view and apply it to the folder on first use. -- Robert Sparnaaij [...

moving messages from SENT folder
I want to move the messages from my SENT folder to another to save them ( I have over 3000 & think its getting big enougH.). but when I try to move them they do NOT keep the sent to information. I can move them to my DRAFT folder without losing that information, but that does not help. what can I do to get these saved with all the "TO:" information correct The TO information is still there. You just aren't seeing it in the message listing. There are only two sets of mail folder headings (View, Columns): - Sent Items, Outbox and Drafts use one set - I...

Sent Folder
Can anyone tell me how to change the FROM in my sent folder to TO? All my emails in the Sent Folder read my name.. so I can't tell who there to unless I open them. How do I change this to see who I sent them to? Any help appreciated!! Right click a column header in your Sent items, select Field Chooser = from the options, and then add the TO: column to your view. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Lori ...

OWA Contact search
Hi, We are using OWA 2003, We would like to configre that all our users will search in OWA in contact folder and no GAL by default We don't want that our uses will go to Contact Options >> Check names first in and change to Contacts, is there any option to change this automaticaly for all our users ? Thanks ...

Deliver mails from diffrent account into diffrent folders
Hi, How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local Folders\Inbox] ?? Thanks On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:07:18 +0330, hamid baghi wrote: > Hi, > How can I configure Outlook ( Express or 2003) to deliver mails from > diffrent POP3 account into diffrent accounts instead of [Local > Folders\Inbox] ?? > > Thanks In Outlook, at least, you can create a rule (Tools -> Rules and Alerts...) to move mail received through an account to a folder. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This post...

Field websiteurl not a hyperlink in Contacts
I added "websiteurl" to my contacts form, but it appears to not be a hyperlink. If I add a record, the field does not product a clickable link to open the website. Any ideas of how to fix this? I'm assuming this is an oversight on Microsoft's side that should be fixed. For some reason the websiteurl attribute of contact entity doesn´t have assigned the url format type. So you have to create a custom attribute with url format type and use it for storing contacts' websites. Regards -- Marco Amoedo Plain Concepts http://geeks.ms/blogs/marco/ "ChuckM&quo...

Sender Accepted Email going to Spam folder
All of a sudden a daily confirmation email has been sent to the spam folder. I am a new user of Outlook and I'm having trouble finding what I need to do. Right click on it, select Junk and add the sender's address to the safe list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Active Directory Connector or Recipient Update Service
I am in the process of migrating mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 server, that resides in a Windows 2000 domain which already has Window 2000 Active Directory in place.The puzzling two questions are do I still need to install the Active Directory Connector replicated info from the Exchange 5.5 directory services into the windows 2000 AD or just run DomainPrep and add UPN suffixes in the Active Directory and by creating Recipient Updates on the Exchange 2003 server?????????????????? Many thanks in advance Caroline if you want everything to be synchronized during your mig...

Unable to copy contacts from PST to Public folder
I recently upgraded my exchange server from 5.5 to 2003. We manually copied out all of the public folders into PST files and imported them in on the new server. I'm getting feedback from some users that there are missing contacts in their public folder contact lists. If I log into the old server, they are there and I can copy them to a PST file. When I change to the new server and try to copy them back to the public folders, I get a very vague error message "Can't move the items". I've open the contact in question in the PST and made a small change, saved and close...

Sync private calendar to public folder
Does anyone know how to sync a private calendar to a public folder, or make a private calendar show up in the public folder area? ...

how to add a personal folder to an outlook address book
how to add a personal folder to an outlook address book ...

Linking to items in a public folder
Is it possible to create a shortcut link to an item in a public folder? For example if a custom form is stored in a public folder can a shortcut be placed on the menu bar. For other shortcuts we have a button which has a http link to a folder on the local machine. Is it possible to reference items in public folders this way? Noel On Jun 29, 11:23 am, "Noel Hennessy" <henne...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to create a shortcut link to an item in a public folder? > > For example if a custom form is stored in a public folder can a shortcut be > placed o...

USB thumbdrive and offline folders
Hi, I have a very slow internet connection and thus connecting to my office mailbox is a pain. At work I have been able to create an offline folder on the USB thumbdrive, but cannot at home change the location my home PC uses to read this offline folder. Is there a way to use the USB drive to work offline at home on my work email and other folders, syncronising them again at work? Thanks Attie You should be able to tell Outlook where the location of the .ost fiule is by editing the email account. In Outlook 2003, you can edit it by going to Tools/ Email Accounts then select View or Chang...

Folders please help
We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you understand? If you need more explaining please let me know Thanks! Gloria <gloria@northwesternwisconsin.com> wrote: > We are trying to use Outlook for our business. We are > adding in all of our contacts in to the contacts folder. > In that folder we want to make seperate folders for each > businesses folder. Like Page 1., Page 2.. Do you > und...

Loosing contact with Exchange Server.
Hi. I have a user that is loosing the connection to our exchange server while he is connected to the local network. He is running Outlook2003 with rpc over https as connection methode to our Exchange2003 server. The internet connection is ok and no other network problems. Any idea what the problem is? Dag N ...

Show Public Folder Contacts in Outlook contacts list drop down.
Hello, I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. Thank you, Russ Right click the PF and select Properties. Go to the Outlook Address Book tab and check the "Show this folder as an email Addess Book" field. It should appear under the Address Book drop down. "VIT" wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering how to add a public folder in Exchange 2003 that was setup > for contacts to show up when composing an email in Outlooks contacts list. > > T...

Email to Public Folder
Hello have been asked if possible to send all emails from one organisation to a public folder, as well as to the original recipient, also to send emails sent to the organisation to the same public folder. I know I can set rules on each users folder, but don't want to this, Either rules or message journaling with selectivity add-on http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml Dave Cooper wrote: > Hello have been asked if possible to send all emails from one organisation > to a public folder, as well as to the original recipient, also to send > emails sent to the organisation to the same p...

Protected Macro Activation
Is there a way to setup a macro that will prior to activating request valid password or a warning drop down box. A little more info...I se up a button to activate a macro to clear out data within a wor book..I just don't want any permature erasers. Thanks in advance fo any assistance with this -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27403 Just a simple yes/no question ok? Option Explicit...