Active Directory contact objects

Hi,

Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
address created via exchange tasks.

Aloha Andy,

When did you create them?  It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt
and pushed out to your client machines.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had
> email address created via exchange tasks.

0
bens1 (1425)
5/2/2006 11:17:59 PM
One was creted yesterday, the other around a week ago. any way that this can
be forced.

process i used:
-create AD contact object
-ADUC - right click object, all tasks, exchange tasks, create email address

anything i have forgotten

"Ben M. Schorr - MVP" wrote:

> Aloha Andy,
>
> When did you create them?  It can take some time for the OAB to be rebuilt
> and pushed out to your client machines.
>
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> > appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had
> > email address created via exchange tasks.

Dear Andy,

try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
"Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
tab udner properties of this contact.

pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem

Regards

Alaa Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
> address created via exchange tasks.

0
alaa (132)
5/2/2006 11:27:42 PM
thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
hidden from the exchange address lists.

Anything else i can check

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> Dear Andy,
>
> try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
> "Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
> tab udner properties of this contact.
>
> pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem
>

> Regards
>
> Alaa Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>

> "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody have any idea why my new contact objects created in AD are not
> > appearing in the global address list in Outlook. Objects have had email
> > address created via exchange tasks.

Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
generating the offline address book.

--
Regards
Pano Boschung

"Pano Boschung" wrote:

> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> generating the offline address book.

Or you just need to download the oab manually.
Cheers mate, thats the puppy.

is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?

"Pano Boschung" wrote:

> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> generating the offline address book.
>
> --
> Regards
> Pano Boschung
>

> "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
>
> > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
> > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
> > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
> > hidden from the exchange address lists.
> >
> > Anything else i can check
> >

> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Andy,
> > >
> > > try to update your Recipient Update Service. and make sure that the option
> > > "Hide from Exchange Address List" is not selected from the Exchange Advanced
> > > tab udner properties of this contact.
> > >
> > > pleaes let me know if this post help you in solving your problem
> > >

> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Alaa Al-Ankar
> > > Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> > >

> > > "Andy Wolsten" <AndyWolsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

As I know that's not possible, but outlook should download oab automatically
at least every 24 hours.

There are some interesting articles concerning cache mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870926/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823580/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831124/en-us

--
Regards
Pano Boschung

"Andy Wolsten" wrote:

> Cheers mate, thats the puppy.
>
> is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?
>
> "Pano Boschung" wrote:
>
> > Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
> > In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
> > If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
> > generating the offline address book.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Pano Boschung
> >

> > "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
> >
> > > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update Service
> > > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run the
> > > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were not
> > > hidden from the exchange address lists.
> > >
> > > Anything else i can check

If the problem for one user and one outlook profile, then the problem is
from that outlook profile and you need to re-download or configure the
offline address book using the second link from Pano's post, but if the
problem is for all your users , then as Pano said , the problem is from your
offline address book, and you need to re-generate it from ESM.

here are some good Technet Links which might help you as well:
How to Control Offline Address Book Download Behavior in Outlook in Cached
Exchange Mode
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/OfflineAddressGuide/33937b1e-33ec-4e7d-b768-6688d562c3dc.mspx?mfr=true

Configuring Clients for Offline Address Book Use

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/OfflineAddressGuide/97fa2c4a-7408-41ba-a665-1104d0895fa7.mspx?mfr=true

i hope that the above links will be useful for you, please let us know if
you need more help.

Regards

Alaa Al-Ankar

> Cheers mate, thats the puppy.
>
> is there a way of forcing this for all outlook installations?
>
> "Pano Boschung" wrote:
>
>> Do you use Outlook in cache mode?
>> In that case disable cache mode and start outlook.
>> If the contacts are appearing now in gal, you probaly have a problem by
>> generating the offline address book.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Pano Boschung
>>

>> "Andy Wolsten" wrote:
>>
>> > thanks for the suggestions. I tried to update the Recipient Update
>> > Service
>> > just now but nothing seems different. Would there be any benefit to run
>> > the
>> > rebuild for this service.  I also checked when creating that they were
>> > not
>> > hidden from the exchange address lists.
>> >
>> > Anything else i can check

0
alaa (132)

Display Activities in CRM Calendar
When scheduling an Activity (phone call, tasks etc) in CRM Service/Workplace, a record is created in In Progress folder. According to a tutorial this will automatically create an appointment record in the CRM Calendar, which is not happening. The only way I could get something scheduled in the calendar was to create an appointment activity, not any other type. Can someone explain this for me please? Much appreciated. Tony Only Appointments will show up on the calendar, the other activities will show up on the HOME PAGE >-----Original Message----- >When scheduling an Activity (ph...

Microsoft Active Directory
I've sucessfully installed the Exchange snap-in on a few of my XP SP2 pc's, but and running into an error on them when udpating any user's email information. If I try and add an smtp address to a mail enabled user, I receive a popup stating: Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Access is denied Facility: Win32 Id no: c0070005 I've confirmed that my account is a member of Domain Admins and Exchange Domain admins. I've also confirmed that those 2 groups have been delegated Full Exchange Admin rights in our 2003 Exchange site. The strange thing is that I h...

Re : Excel HyperLink by OffSet Leaping to Active Selection
Re : Excel HyperLink by OffSet Leaping to Active Selection 1. Enter an Excel worksheet and a relatively small tabulation named TabLet thereof. 2. TabLet takes the range of say, B2:C18. 3. Tablet is filled in the top rows, leaving several blank ones towards the base of the tabulation. 4. Enter the following formula into Cell B1 :- =HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(MAX( IF(ISBLANK( OFFSET(TabLet,0,Column()-Min(Column(TabLet)), ROWS(TabLet),1)), FALSE,ROW(TabLet)))+1,COLUMN()),"Resume") 5. The resultant HyperLink is given to Resume active selection at one row below the filled r...

Complaint about rules and contacts
Dear Microsoft. Your Outlook program should have an easier way to modify message rules. I sugest the method used by Outlook express. Here's why. In OE one can open a rule and add a sender to a rule simply by clicking on a button that opens up the address book. NOT so in Outlook, unless I've missed it. In Outlook I had to go to a message, move the Outlook window far to the right of the screen, open the rules wizard and move it to the left, then manualy enter the senders properties into the rule. Why? I found out I couldn't use the Windows clipboard while in the rules modification...

Sorting of Activities by Date.
Guys, Is there any way to sort an Opportunities activites by date ? Currently, it's sorted alphabetically based on the subject of mails or activites name and this is not great. It would be better if the activities were sorted by date with the most recent at the top of the list and so on. Tony Hi Tony, Yes you can but it will be an unsupported customization. First open this url: http://YOUR_CRM_SERVER_HERE/Tools/objectmanager/objectmanager.aspx?oid=134 Now click on the Associated View and add the columns you need. Hope this help. Regards, Edrei Lozano | CRM Business Unit Manage...

User re-created in active directory
We have a strange situation in our CRM implementation. One of the CRM user was deleted from the Active directory and re-created with the same username. Nothing was changed in CRM in this regard. However, since the user user got recreated, I think the crm entry refers to the old user sid and hence the user is not able to do anything in CRM. How do we deal with this situation? Is there a way to refresh the sid of the user in the CRM? Hi, Maybe you can track the users GUID in active directory. I'm currently not at liberty too take a look myself. Another option is to recreate the use...

Outlook 2000: Find a Contact button on toolbar
When I click on Find a Contact button on the toolbar, Outlook crashes. Could it be related to the XP fixes released this week which I have applied. I believe I've had this problem before but don't remember what fixed it. Any other suggestions? Locate outcmd.dat and rename it to outcmd.old to reset the Toolbar. See if it works now -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Charles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc...

account address lookup from the contact quote/order
Some customers deal with individual customer contacts from the sales and opportunity management perspective (opportunities are created under contacts, not accounts), yet Create orders/invoices against Accounts in the financial application. This presents a challange as we would like to create quotes against contacts (they pull a lot of data from the opportunity onto a quote, however we can only use Contact addresses on such quoutes, not parent Account addresses. Needless to say if an Account has 3 addresses used on orders and there are 5 contacts that you sell to at that account we would ...

Change of Accountowner change activity owner too.
Hello, We have remark that when we change the owner of an account, the owner of all the open activities change to this same user too. For example: We have created an account assigned to owner A. We have assigned for this account some tasks to an owner B (Theses tasks are still open). We have reassigned the account to an owner C and we remarked that all the task which where assigned to owner B are now also assigned to owner C. This is bad for us because we want to keep the task assigned to the owner B (like they were before reassignment ->untouched<-). Do you have a solution? ...

How can I show U.S. country code (+1) in my contacts?
I've moved to Italy, and would like to have the U.S. country code show in my Outlook contacts (as the code for other countries currently does). I've changed my default location in the Windows 7 control panel, but this hasn't had the desired result. Any option settings I'm missing? Which location did you set, and to what? Did you enable the option to automatically add country code to your Contacts? -- Russ Valentine "Matt D." <Matt D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:709C5A1B-F303-498B-846E-AF0DD7B968F8@microsoft.com... > I&#...

1 Keeps appending to Contact Name's Business Fax Number
I'm using Office XP and whenever I build a contact it appends a 1 to the front of it. I have gone through "Dialing Properties" but have been unable to get rid of it. Does anybody have any ideas? -- Paul Bergson Open your Contacts folder Press Ctrl Shift D Select Dialing Options Is the option to add the coutry code selected? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Paul Bergson" <pbergson@mnpower.com> wrote in message news:%23BO...

Howdo I transfer all email addresses in"Contacts"to"Address Book".
In switching to Outlook - I transferred my entire email "Address Book" from Outlook Express to "Contacts" in Outlook. However, I can't get the email addresses (from Outlook Express)transferred into the "Address Book" of Outlook. Therefore, when I start typing in an addressee name for an outgoing email - it's not recognizing the name / email address from my "Contacts". Rick Hoch <Rick Hoch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In switching to Outlook - I transferred my entire email "Address > Book" from Outlook Express...

How to activate message box to reattach removed attachments?
Hello, i wrote a script that saves all attachments of incoming emails to the hard disc, deletes them from the email and finally inserts links to the saved attachments into the email. This works perfectly. But afterwards there is a slight problem if i want to forward these mails. If i forward on my machine an email which has linked attachments, Outlooks shows a message box: "The message you are trying to send contains removed attachments.... Do you want to reinsert the original files to the message." (Y/N/C) This is very good. But on my bosses computer this message box doesn'...

How to make footers display over objects in publisher
I am having issues with publisher. I am trying to get the footer to display a page number which is fine I have that. But I cannot get it to display over objects even after clicking bring to front. Is there anyway to put page numbers in other object boxes?? Or a way to get the footer to display over objects. Any help Would be appreciated. thanks Steve ...

Active Server Pages to Excel Sheet
I am generating a Report from my Access DB using Active Server Pages (thru ADO Connection) displaying on my browser (IE), Then i am sending the report to an Excel Spreadsheet (Using a Hyperlink). I have a column which is Numaric Datatype (like 4.95)and in the Excel spreadsheet it is showing as 5 (NOT 4.95) and i need to display as it is in my Access DB which is 4.95. How can i prevent "Rounding" here and i checked the "Precision as displayed" option but still it is NOT working. Help me Just a stab in the dark. Is your cell format set to 2 decimal places. In other w...

WLM Contacts changed
I have Windows 7 Home Premium, x64, Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live Mail. WLM contacts were updated and current as of today morning. I use the same Live ID for all services. During the day, I installed a beta version of Windows Essentials which, apparently, merged Messenger with Mail. Now, most of my Mail contacts are screwed up, the addresses and other info is outdated... How to find and restore the correct and most recent version of my contacts? Ilya Zeldes, Fort Myers, Florida Ilea, In Wave 3(version 14), the last RTW version prior to this Wave 4 = beta(ver...

why are my contacts being saved as pushpin format
Some of my contacts end up as a pushpin format rather than a vcard format. How do i make sure they are entered and saved as a vcard format? What is pushpin format? What is vCard format? What do you mean? -- Russ Valentine "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9FCA476-FCA7-4629-B357-97EA23D24B2B@microsoft.com... > Some of my contacts end up as a pushpin format rather than a vcard format. > How do i make sure they are entered and saved as a vcard format? I don't know what a pushpin format is but what i'm seeing is tha...

Freezing when accessing the Contacts List
I'm running Outlook 2000 client on W2K pro with Exchange 2000 (W2K Advanced Server). When creating a new message outlook freezes when trying to access the contacts list. I am able to access the GAL but then when scrolling down to choose a contact from the contacts list it freezes and I have to restart outlook. Did you recently udate outlook? If so, i have the same problem, o sent a post about it (see below) but so far noone has respnded, if you get any help on this plese let me know Patrick shadowwing@hotpop.com The post: Recently I updated my Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR-1 with th...

Possible to have two distinct sets of Contact in the one program?
Hi I am trying to extract my backup og mobile phone contacts from my T-Mobile online backup. My temporary mobile phone is not supported and will not download them. However, I have managed to download them in *.csv format and inserted them into an Excel spreadsheet. I am well aware that I can now import them into Outlook BUT I do not want them merged with my existing list of Contacts. As a holding measure, is it possible for them to be imported into Outlook, but kept completely separate? In the next few months I will be purchasing a Smartphone and will then want to move th...

Why is it continuously contacting server
I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Ever since then, outlook is almost continuously contacting the server. It does this so often that i barely have time to delete messages or even read them. I ran diagnostics and nothing was found. It is running my limited download up to near 90% and I am getting notices from my ISP on this. How can I fix this? "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9703D30-571F-44FE-91D8-ED2CB6A2CC5D@microsoft.com... >I have had to uninstall and reinstall Office 2007. Why? Uninstalling and re-install...

Worksheet.activate
Hello, I have the following VBA Macro: fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Workbooks.Open filename:=fname fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Set wb = Workbooks.Open(filename:=fname) fname has 12 worksheets. It is possible to activate any of them with an inputbox ? Thanks, One way: Const sPROMPT As String = "Which Sheet (% max)?" Dim wb As Workbook Dim vResult As Variant Dim nMax As Long Dim fname As String fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Workbooks.Open Filename:=fname fname = Application.GetOpenFilename Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=f...

How to correct cannot access directory 'J:\\'.
I no longer have a flash drive that I had previously used. How can I get past this error? Try right-clicking on it in Explorer, and select Disconnect option. ex_usmc_doc wrote: > I no longer have a flash drive that I had previously used. How can I get > past this error? ...

how to permanently set fields in contacts?
is there a way to permanently set the fields in contacts? For example, the phone fields, I'd like to have them in the following order everytime I enter a new contact. Business Phone Business Fax Mobile Other "dpedre" <dpedre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FA7549C-DE01-48C1-8854-223CE641E54A@microsoft.com... > is there a way to permanently set the fields in contacts? For example, the > phone fields, I'd like to have them in the following order everytime I enter > a new contact. > Business Phone > Business Fax > M...

Make Folder Directories
Hi All, I was wondering if a could make a directories button from a button with in a form that also created sub folders. I did some time ago manage to create a folder with in a Folder, i can't quite remember the code a used, but it Created a folder using the [ProjectQ] Field and [ProjectTitle] Field from a table, from a current record on a form. and it created a Folder Ie "Q580307 - Sainsbury's Barnstable" the directorie where the folders are created is "P:\Enquiries Q Folder " But what i would also like to happen is when I Create the folder I get this sub Fol...

Channel Greyed out in Marketing Activities
Has anyone ever seen a problem whereby the Channel field is readonly on marketing activities? The field is not set to read only and no scripts exist. This occurs for all users, including sys admin. Jo Savidge ...