Active Directory Connector #3

If I go to Active Directroy Sites and Services
--Default-first-Site
--Servers
--Mail exchagne server
I have a item there called Exchange Settings
in it I have Active Directory Connector  Is this suposded to me there?

I did have Exchange 5.5 that since has been removed.

0
Jereme (5)

It's from the Active Directory connector.  I haven't seen anything that says
it would cause problems to delete it, but likewise it shouldn't cause any
problems if you leave it there.  If you do decide to delete it, then make
sure that you have a backup of Active Directory (System State on your DC's)
so that you can restore if needed.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Jereme" <Jereme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I go to Active Directroy Sites and Services
> --Default-first-Site
> --Servers
> --Mail exchagne server
> I have a item there called Exchange Settings
> in it I have Active Directory Connector  Is this suposded to me there?
>
> I did have Exchange 5.5 that since has been removed.

0
Ben

The active schema does not support the element 'xml'
I am trying to insert an xml data island into a htm file that I am using for a help file. When I insert the lines of xml, the <xml> tag is underlined in red in VS2003 and the message says "The active schema does not support the element 'xml'. the html is as follows <HTML xmlns:MSHelp="http://msdn.microsoft.com/mshelp"> <HEAD> <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="HTML 4.0"> <TITLE>Setting Options</TITLE> <xml><MSHelp:Keyword Index="K" Term="Random" /> <MSHelp:Keyword In...

Questions re Activities
Is there a way to add the Date Created column to the Activity display? At present I may have a Case or a Contact with lots of activities but they don't appear in chronological order and I have to open each one up and go to File/Properties menu to find the date - would be much easier to do a sort by date. And..does anyone know what the Activity Category and Sub-Category fields are for? There is nothing in the online help and these fields are not listed via the Advanced Find area and so are not searchable. Thanks in advance. Sue ...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

No return on basic search of activities, CRM 4.0
If I go into activities and view all of my activities I get the full list of phone calls and emails. However if I try to search for an activity that I've carried out with a contact i.e. John Smith, The Company. I get no results returned if I search on either term, even though an activity on this account is in the list. If I go to Advanced Find, I can search for John Smith and/or The Company and the contact is then returned in the search. Why is the basic search not working? (I'm using the web client) Thanks in advance! Hi, Have you configured your required columns to be ...

HELP: Outlook downloads 3,4, now 5 copies of each email
I make Outlook 2000 use a Outlook.pst file on a separate hard disk instead of the usual C:\Documents & Settings\ folder. Everything is fine. I also TICK "Leave copy of message on server" so I always have a backup copy. Now when i format my PC and reinstall Windows & Outlook, I point to my D:\Outlook.pst and it starts using it. Then all of a sudden it starts downloading ALL my emails again. If I format my PC once again and reinstall Windows & Outlook, then Outlook starts downloading ALL my emails TWICE (there's 2 copies of each email downloaded, plus the copy I...

Add Custom Activity Type
I have been asked to add a custom actiivity type to the activities entity called Site Visits. Can I get some direction as to how to do this? Afraid, you can't add custom activity types. You can create the entity, but it will behave like any other and does not integrate into the activity views and activity dialogs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Swamy&qu...

Finding Accounts with no related Contacts CRM 3.0
Hi, I am trying to find all accounts where there are no related contacts but cannot work out the advanced find syntax to do this. I presume I am just missing something obvious. any ideas. Thanks Justin Hi Justin, You are not missing anything. CRM does not support a NOT operator in queries. You can easily search for accounts that do have at least one contact, but the opposite does not work. The only workaround is a report or some kind of server task (service, plug-in, workflow) setting a count attribute in an account whenever a contact is assigned or removed from an account, so that y...

convert month text (MAR) to month number (3)
I am trying to work with a data set that unfortunately has spit out all the dates in a text format - i.e. 03/01/2009 is MAR 3 2009. Is there a way to convert that text date to an actual date format? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1 Debug.Print CDate("MAR 3 2009") = 3/3/2009 One problem with the CDate function is that it will bomb out on things that can't be evaluated as a date. Therefore you may want to use the IsDate fun...

Role-based authentication from active directory
Hello, I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in the network (Active Directory) How do I check for authentication from active directory (role-based) Eg-- I want the only managers in the active directory to access a particular page. Please provide me some code by which I can achieve this. Thanks On Feb 15, 8:31=A0pm, "Biranchi Narayan Panda" <biranchi_pa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want certain pages of my website visible only to a particular role in t= he > network (Active Directory) > > H...

Links not working #3
The links in my email are not working, not opening a browser and showing any web sites. Can anyone help, What version of Outlook? "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b8a01c3f98a$e280c9c0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > The links in my email are not working, not opening a > browser and showing any web sites. Can anyone help, Hi, Check the following link : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 This applies for both Outlook and Outlook Express. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "Richard" <an...

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...

Outlook Social Connector
I've installed the new Outlook Social Connector with Outlook 2010. Since I have done this, I get the following error and Outlook no longer starts: Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 14.0.4536.1000, time stamp: 0x4af1d60f Faulting module name: SOCIALCONNECTOR.DLL, version: 14.0.4734.1000, time stamp: 0x4b5828d9 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0006516a Faulting process id: 0x4ac Faulting application start time: 0x01caaffc11bcd70b Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE Faulting module path: C:\Program Files...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Router fills event log with errors
I've installed CRM 3.0 Exchange router according to Microsoft's documentation and the suggestions I found on this mailbox. However, the service is not working. The error message in the Event Viewer is Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Opening the inbox folder of mailbox: crm failed (System.InvalidCastException: No such interface supported at ADODB.RecordClass.Open(Object Source, Object ActiveConnection, ConnectModeEnum Mode, RecordCreateOptionsEnum CreateOptions, RecordOpenOptionsEnum Options, String UserName, String Password) at M...

cant activate user
I upgraded an CRM 1.2 installation to CRM 3.0 - with no big problems. But now I cannot activate users or change restricted access mode setting. When I try to do this and hit save and exit an error page appears. Anyone any idea where I could look at to solve this problem? ...

Where can I find a user's home directory in sbs 2003
Hi there, I want to remove some user from the Active Directory. Before I do that I would like to check on the home directory first. Where can I find the 'Home directory' please. Many thanks, Exchange doesn't have any such "home directory". -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:epvr3h$hl4$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi there, > > I want to remove some user from the Active Directory. Before I do that I > would like to ...

X-axis labels #3
Given a data set from 1983 to 2000, I would like the x-axis labels to be 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000. I know how to make Excel only show every 5th year, but I don't know how to make it start with 1985 rather than 1983 without deleting the 1983 and 1984 data points. You have posted the same question twice, so I guess you haven't got your answer yet. First, you absolutely do not have to delete your data. Second, we need to be sure what type of chart you are using. Are you using a line chart or an XY chart? I suggest an XY chart. To change the X axis scale for an XY chart, double cl...

ListCtrl #3
Hi, I have an owner drawn listctrl. I need to be able to split it for scrolling like Excel does.... You know the sort of thing - I want to lock column 1 in place and scroll the rest. I can get close with 2 listctrls but synching the scolling is too messy. And I want to go on to include more split column/rows if possible - assuming I can crack this one of course. Any thoughts.... Thanks Martin I would suggest using the MSFlexGrid ActiveX control which is included with Visual C++. If that doesn't work I would suggest taking alot of CodeProject.com and codeguru.com for some of these c...

Exchange Journalling
Hi, We got an Exchange enterprise Server 2003 Service Pack 2 Installation. We enabled journaling and enveloping on the First Storage Group Mailbox store to a mailbox on another mailbox store in a secondary storage group. We never had any problems for a couple of months until lately; a small number of emails are getting stuck in the queue, under "Messages awaiting directory lookup". Once journaling is disabled and we force the connection, mails leave the server successfully. As the exchange server was a domain controller, this was demoted but the problem still persits. Note...

Office XP Service Pack 3 Install Failure
error code 0x8024002D Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don't have Business Office software on my computer, so wondering why it's trying to update it. Also, even with install failure of this update, now my long standing excel spreadsheet files won't open; seem to be looking for this update..... Help? leal1928 wrote: > error code 0x8024002D > Auto update informed me of an update downloaded - but failed to > install, asking for a Office XP Business CD it required. I don'...

cost basis #3
I have been tracking the cost basis for investments for individual accounts but when using the portfolio view that includes all securities in each portfolio - the cost basis is not included for some stocks. I am puzzled? In microsoft.public.money, Jeff wrote: >I have been tracking the cost basis for investments for individual accounts >but when using the portfolio view that includes all securities in each >portfolio - the cost basis is not included for some stocks. I am puzzled? > You don't state what program you are using. Look at the investment transactions for those ...

Active synch and outlook2002
I recently purchased a Dell Axim5 handheld and am having trouble getting it to synchronize with outlook 2002.I keep geting the message that no profile has been created (I have created one) and the next message says that outlook cannot be accessed and that I should make sure my PIM is running. I always thought that if you could open outlook then your PIM was running. Help Please. You don't say what operating system you are using but I recently had the same issue on a windows XP machine, it turned out to be a corrupt XP user profile. Easy way to check is if you are using XP is to cr...

Exchange 2007 and SharePoint 3.0
I folks, we are starting a new migration from UNIX to Exchange 2007 system. I have read on many blog who 2007 is the last version of Exchange that support Public folder and Microsoft suggest using Windows SharePoint v3.0 for collaboration. In our test the contact inserted in WindowsSharePoint are READONLY in Outlook 2003. How I can created a shared outlook contact list who are used in all my organization without using public folder? there are some document about SharePoint and Exchange integration? Thanks, Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy You can create Contacts in Active Directory - thes...

Protecting Multiple Sheets #3
Hi I have a workbook with 60 sheets in it. I need to protect 52 sheets only. Is there a way I can do this collectively instead of each one individaully?? Cheers -- All help much appreciated. Thanks Hi one way is to run the following code: --- Sub ProtectAll() For Each ws In Sheets ws.Protect ("pwd") Next Set sh = ActiveSheet varr = Array("Sheet1", "sheet3") For i = LBound(varr) To UBound(varr) With Worksheets(varr(i)) .Activate .Unprotect ("pwd") End With Next sh.Activate End Sub -- in t...

FYI: Microsoft Publisher Users
http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/ There is a free download for Windows users (and Mac) which weighs in at 57mb. This is Microsoft's latest investment in a vector-based illustration and graphics tool. I have toyed with it today and can honestly say that this is an EXCELLENT product (which is currently under development by Microsoft (they bought out the Creature House Expression product). The output works very nicely in Publisher (except the native file format is not compatible). It has Export as PDF! ;-) I have done some quick drawings and placed them in Publisher in *.eps fo...