Account Unknown

Throughout our Exchange 2003 organisation, the security pages show two
"Account unknowns" as well as the expected accounts.  These unknown accounts
cannot be removed as they are inherited from parent objects.
In the Exchange System Manager, properties of the top-level object also show
these two "account unknown" on the security tab and again they cannot be
removed as they are inherited from its parent.

Should these unknown accounts be removed and if so how?  Where are they
being inherited from?

"Mark Goodspeed" <MarkGoodspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Throughout our Exchange 2003 organisation, the security pages show two
>"Account unknowns" as well as the expected accounts.  These unknown accounts
>cannot be removed as they are inherited from parent objects.
>In the Exchange System Manager, properties of the top-level object also show
>these two "account unknown" on the security tab and again they cannot be
>removed as they are inherited from its parent.
>
>Should these unknown accounts be removed and if so how?  Where are they
>being inherited from?

Use ADSIEDIT and find out the root of the inherited permissions. You
can remove the accounts with ADSIEDIT or using the regular MMC tools
once you know where they are.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks,

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "Mark Goodspeed" <MarkGoodspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Throughout our Exchange 2003 organisation, the security pages show two
> >"Account unknowns" as well as the expected accounts.  These unknown accounts
> >cannot be removed as they are inherited from parent objects.
> >In the Exchange System Manager, properties of the top-level object also show
> >these two "account unknown" on the security tab and again they cannot be
> >removed as they are inherited from its parent.
> >
> >Should these unknown accounts be removed and if so how?  Where are they
> >being inherited from?
>
> Use ADSIEDIT and find out the root of the inherited permissions. You
> can remove the accounts with ADSIEDIT or using the regular MMC tools
> once you know where they are.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Gary103 (266)
6/21/2005 1:39:07 PM
Nevermind, I just found out how to do it!!

Cheers!

"Gary" wrote:

> I have the same problem, how would one use ADSIEDIT to find and remove these
> objects?? Can this be done through the ADSIEDIT.msc in Windows server 2003?
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "Mark Goodspeed" <MarkGoodspeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Throughout our Exchange 2003 organisation, the security pages show two
> > >"Account unknowns" as well as the expected accounts.  These unknown accounts
> > >cannot be removed as they are inherited from parent objects.
> > >In the Exchange System Manager, properties of the top-level object also show
> > >these two "account unknown" on the security tab and again they cannot be
> > >removed as they are inherited from its parent.
> > >
> > >Should these unknown accounts be removed and if so how?  Where are they
> > >being inherited from?
> >
> > Use ADSIEDIT and find out the root of the inherited permissions. You
> > can remove the accounts with ADSIEDIT or using the regular MMC tools
> > once you know where they are.
> >
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

0
Gary103 (266)

Mapping from Account to Contact
I have published the existing mappings in the customization, and even tried adding some, but I still can't get the fields such as address and phone number to auto fill-in when creating a new contact and selecting the Parent Account. I have tried doing this from the Parent Account by creating a new contact from there, and still, nothing auto fills. Is anyone else having this problem. Could something have installed improperly when I installed the software? It appears as though the default mappings in the customization show the relationship/mappings between the Account Entity and t...

removing email account
Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then click remove, but there's no "remove." "kim" wrote in message news:68298685-7DFF-41E4-A883-62366724FDF8@microsoft.com... > Outlook says to click on the account in account settings and then > click > remove, but there's no "remove." Then you did not navigate to the correct dialog. Provide EXACTLY how you navigate to whatever window it is where you think there should be a Remove button. Different versions of a program exist because there are different features or changes in...

Not able to import multiple Fidelity accounts
I have two Fidelity accounts, a brokerage and an Educational Account. When I try to set up these accounts in Money 2006, none of the Education Account information is imported. Money 2006 sets up the two accounts, but there is no balance or transaction history for the Educational Account. It seems as though Money sees there is an account but is not able to access anything. It looks like I'll have to enter and update all Educational transactions manually. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, John Money 2006 Deluxe, IE 6, XP SP2. I have 3 accounts at Fidelity - it works...

Viewing field values at the accounts level
I created several customised fields and bulk imported account data - all looks fine except for one numerical field, which does displays only blanks. When you double-click on the account, however, you clearly see there is a non-zero value there. When I sort by this field, it does the right thing, just that somehow the field value does not show up under the field name at all when viewing all accounts. Any help would be great. Textbooks etc don't seem to cover this sort of newbie snag! Thanks ...

WLM with second account
Sorry in advance if this has already been addressed!! New, clean, install of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Install went remarkably well ( some driver issues) until I got to the step wher I decided to become one with Windows Live Mail. Joined up as needlenoses@ live.ca and entered a second existing account @telus.net. I made sure that the telus.net account was set as default; then the mail started coming in. I will get 10 to 20 posts sent to me at telus.net arrive in the live.ca inbox (checked propertys of them all). Next time I will get 5 mail go into telus account, th...

Microsoft Outlook infinite loop errors while configuring exchange account upon first launch.
When you launch outlook for the first time, you get the option to go through the email wizard or cancel. I choose to cancel the wizard and instead add an exchange account (via control panel/mail/accounts) to the mail settings. After adding the exchange account, I then lauched outlook again to populate the cache with exchange emails and folders, etc., but instead was greeted with an error message after 30 minutes of what seemed to be a locked computer: "outlook must first connect to exchange server before configuring additional email accounts", and then closes down. I then proceeded...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

How can I move an investment to a different account?
I have a few accounts in my portfolio; each has a number of investments (no investment appears in more than one account). I want to move an investment (all the buys, sells, dividends etc. for a stock or fund) from one account to another. In 2004 I was able to do this by opening the account online and simply dragging the investment from one account to the other. Now, the only way I find to accomplish the task is to laboriously edit each transaction within the investment. There has to be a simple way to move the entire investment from one account to another. Any thoughts? You want there ...

Merging accounts
Maybe I haven't done enough digging into Money (Basic 2003), but I can't seem to find out how to merge two separate money accounts into one file. My fiancee and I will be bringing our two accounts together next year when we get married, and we would both like to retain access to our old accounts, as well as carry over our account histories for student loan payments we've made so far. Ideally, I suppose we'll keep the student loan accounts, close both of our checking accounts and bring the balances forward into our joint checking account. Is this a feature of the Delu...

International & US accounts
Can my overseas and US accounts co-exist in Money ? In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can my overseas and US accounts co-exist in Money ? Yes, but you will probably only be able to do direct statement download from the US if you use the US version. Enter the overseas data by hand, or perhaps the institutions offer OFX/QIF download via web. ...

Accounts used in Spending By Catagory
I have two checking accounts set up in Money Plus. One is my family checking and the other is one I use for business expenses. The spending tracker uses transactions from both accounts. How can I set the Spending by Catagory to only use my family checking? Thanks for any input. In microsoft.public.money, Billster15 wrote: >I have two checking accounts set up in Money Plus. One is my family checking >and the other is one I use for business expenses. The spending tracker uses >transactions from both accounts. How can I set the Spending by Catagory to >only use my famil...

Global Customer accounts are not reaching our other store
-- Thanks, Pete Hi Pete - can you see them in HQ? Check the other stores configuration settings to make sure they're enabled to use global customers (so mgr - file - configuration - options - customer options - enable global customers for multistore) "pete" wrote: > > -- > Thanks, > Pete Hi, Yes, I can see them in HQ. I've also already checked all the Stores Configuration Settings (at both stores). It's really strange - it just seemed to stop sharing customers about a week ago. I used to work for a company selling RMS and I thought I'd...

Handling contacts in accounts
Can anyone suggest the best way to deal with a contact who leaves a company and reappears in another company. Should the contact just be reassigned, or should they be left (deactivated?) in the existing company, and a new contact created. I am interested in tracking history both with the old account, and with the contact themselves. Technojeff, you can use the relationships to do this. Reassign your contact to the new company, add a relationship between the contact and old company. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu technojeff schreef: > Can anyone suggest the...

Accounts Payable & Receivables
I am using Microsoft money 2005 premium version for personal finance management. I want to money to track my receivables and amounts payable but do not know how should do it. How can I get maintain account receivables & payables? There are lots of ways and what's best will vary depending on your requirements. You can just schedule bills and deposits. This is most effective for payables, but works for receivables. You can create accounts to track them and, when they go actual, transfer from the receivables account to the account where you put the money or transfer from the acc...

Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank
I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA. I can set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up. At least not intuitively. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote: >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at >the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download >transactions for my cred...

Money 2004: Displaying an associated cash account in the Account List
My brokerage firm provides me with an investment account that also acts as a chequing account. As a result, I track the cash balance of the account in its associated cash account. It appears that in order to get a summary of the balance, I must switch to either the portfolio or transaction view. Is it possible to view a summary of this associated cash account in the main account list? I would like to do so without creating a new cash account and transfering all the transactions to it. Thanks! Steve Guidi In microsoft.public.money, Steve Guidi wrote: >My brokerage firm provides me wi...

Transfer to a New Brokerage (Investment) Account
Hey All, I am in the process of moving all of my accounts from a small private firm to Fidelity. Obviously the small guys don't do on-line anything, so I have been entering stuff for years on my own. How do I go about transferring everything into the new Fidelity accounts since it uses on-line updates without losing my historical data; basically, I don't want my capital gains report to get messed up by using the "Transfer Account" function. Any ideas? -David ...

How void receipt/shipment with wrong Item account codes
Series : Purchase Order Processing http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/135/20100312185625.png No sure by create a Purchase Return can help =96 my concern is wrong account codes & the standard cost. Under Item maintenance, the item (V0910) has already with wrong account codes and wrong standard cost, Has been wrong even BEFOFE the creation of the receipt shipment. So, the Shipment transaction is now with the wrong accounts. I am wondering if by doing a purchase return (Transaction > Purchasing > Return Transaction Entry) can help to reversing all the wrong entries f...

still receiving every e-mail to many accounts twice in outlook 2003
basically what th subject says. every e-mail i get comes in twice. this is on different accounts with different domains. Cant seem to suss it out. please HELP Rob Rob Beech <rob(remove)@cnics.co.uk> wrote: > basically what th subject says. > > > every e-mail i get comes in twice. this is on different accounts with > different domains. > Cant seem to suss it out. If you have an AV product scanning incoming mail, try disabling that feature. If your accounts access the same mail server, try modifying the send/receive group so that it receives mail from ony ...

email settings for pop accounts
just reinstalled outlook and have set all pop email settings for various email accounts but cannot send or receive email. (only hotmail as http works). when send test email, all actions work except last one: "unable to send test message. pleae verify email address field" also cannot reply to existing messages in inbox - error message - relaying email to 'email address' is not allowed. any help is appreciated. Check your SMTP server settings (for the sending mail problem) - use the same SMTP server for all your accounts (your ISP's) or make sure you're aut...

Problems posting to store account
I have created customers with store accounts in Quickbooks and imported them into RMS. Whenever I ring up a sale charging to a store account and close the batch I get this whenever I attempt post: "Quick Books error - There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: A/R detail line must have customer" or if I switch the AR accounts around I get "Quick Books error - There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks error message: Transaction split lines to accounts receivable must include a customer on that sp...

Sending from secondary POP Account
When I try to send a message through a secondary POP account outlook actually sends it through the primary POP account even after selecting the secondary account from the accounts list. How do I fix this? Thanks. Chuck Chuck Boyer wrote: > When I try to send a message through a secondary POP > account outlook actually sends it through the primary POP > account even after selecting the secondary account from > the accounts list. How do I fix this? > > Thanks. > Chuck What version of Outlook? ...

Prior Period adjustments
I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx Is this possible? Thanks -- BWS You should be able to post without any issues, or I should say, as long as you have Post to History enabled in your GL Setup screen. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Pierre" wrote: > I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a > headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx > > Is this p...

postmaster mail going to regular user account
The environment is MS Small Business Server 2003 running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. All the bad mail and bounced mail is coming in and going to a specific user. The user is part of the administrators group. He has his own login and is not logging in as the administrator. At first I thought he had the postmaster@domain.com listed in his SMTP email list in ADUC, but that wasn't the case. Only his userlogon@domain.com and his userlogon@domain.local were listed. Next I went to the SMTP protocol in Exchange System Manager and right clicked the properties and checked o...

Account Numbers
When you print a purchase order , where is the account number assosiated with that supplier? Is there a way to have this on the purchase order !! There is a PO available on customersource that includes supplier account number in the address box. Craig "Gaz" <Gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0131A43E-CC2C-4CBB-BCBD-2F8150F0514B@microsoft.com... > When you print a purchase order , where is the account number assosiated > with > that supplier? > Is there a way to have this on the purchase order !! PurchaseOrder.Supplier.Acco...