Account unknown #2

When viewing the mailbox rights of a number of our users there is an entry 
for 'Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689)'.

This, I believe, is a hang over from migration from w2k to w2k3 servers with 
new names - a group? that doesn't exist in the new schema.

If I try to remove this entry I get an error telling me that this is 
inherited and must be removed from the parent. Problem is that I can't find 
any object with that SID anywhere in the schema.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can remove this invalid SID?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message has been checked for all known viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential 
and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege.  It is 
intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other 
parties without the prior permission of the originator.



0
nospam4062 (39)
3/10/2007 10:32:27 AM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
411 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:32:27 -0000, "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:

>When viewing the mailbox rights of a number of our users there is an entry 
>for 'Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689)'.
>
>This, I believe, is a hang over from migration from w2k to w2k3 servers with 
>new names - a group? that doesn't exist in the new schema.
>
>If I try to remove this entry I get an error telling me that this is 
>inherited and must be removed from the parent. Problem is that I can't find 
>any object with that SID anywhere in the schema.
>
>Can anyone suggest a way that I can remove this invalid SID?


Work your way up the org chain either using security tab in ESM or
using adsiedit under the configuration container.
0
adavid (8731)
3/10/2007 1:22:38 PM
Tried That! I cannot find a way to locate a SID by this description 
(S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689) or translate into a object 
name.


"Andy David [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message 
news:c7c5v25nph6r5ke693kgqre1o8dsek6tl7@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 10:32:27 -0000, "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:
>
>>When viewing the mailbox rights of a number of our users there is an entry
>>for 'Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689)'.
>>
>>This, I believe, is a hang over from migration from w2k to w2k3 servers 
>>with
>>new names - a group? that doesn't exist in the new schema.
>>
>>If I try to remove this entry I get an error telling me that this is
>>inherited and must be removed from the parent. Problem is that I can't 
>>find
>>any object with that SID anywhere in the schema.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest a way that I can remove this invalid SID?
>
>
> Work your way up the org chain either using security tab in ESM or
> using adsiedit under the configuration container. 


0
nospam4062 (39)
3/11/2007 4:37:39 PM
"Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:

>Tried That! I cannot find a way to locate a SID by this description 
>(S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689) or translate into a object 
>name.

You're not looking hard enough. :-)

The SID is either inherited through the Configuration naming context
or the Domain naming context. One of them will have that SID.

You can use ADSIEDIT to look in both of those naming contexts.

-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com
0
richnews (7316)
3/11/2007 6:46:40 PM
If I looked any harder, I'd be inside the cpu! :-)

Maybe I'm being thick, but I cannot find any reference to that SID anywhere 
in either ESM or ADSIEDIT.

Clues please..

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:5gj8v251l10caeu54gig9s12ff6hm4lb97@4ax.com...
> "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:
>
>>Tried That! I cannot find a way to locate a SID by this description
>>(S-1-5-21-59991277-438593048-1990678075-3689) or translate into a object
>>name.
>
> You're not looking hard enough. :-)
>
> The SID is either inherited through the Configuration naming context
> or the Domain naming context. One of them will have that SID.
>
> You can use ADSIEDIT to look in both of those naming contexts.
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com 
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com 
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com 


0
nospam4062 (39)
3/11/2007 8:30:32 PM
"Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:

>If I looked any harder, I'd be inside the cpu! :-)

Looking in the rihgt place is important, too.

>Maybe I'm being thick, but I cannot find any reference to that SID anywhere 
>in either ESM or ADSIEDIT.
>
>Clues please..

The Domain naming context is pretty easy to navigate becasue it looks
just like the structure presented in the ADUC snap-in.

The Configuration naming context is usually unfamiliar to people. 

Configuration
  Services
    Microsoft Exchange
      <org name>
        Administrative Groups
          <admin group>
            Servers
              <server-name>
                InformationStore
                  <IS name>       => <database1>
                                     <database2>
                                     etc.

Start at the <databaseX> level and work your way back up the
hierarchy.


-- 
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com
0
richnews (7316)
3/12/2007 12:45:47 AM
Thank you, thank you, Rick.

the offending *** item was in the <org name> security settings -

Got it at last.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message 
news:va89v29oi5phurpftsq12hqjnn3tl1c2uk@4ax.com...
> "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:
>
>>If I looked any harder, I'd be inside the cpu! :-)
>
> Looking in the rihgt place is important, too.
>
>>Maybe I'm being thick, but I cannot find any reference to that SID 
>>anywhere
>>in either ESM or ADSIEDIT.
>>
>>Clues please..
>
> The Domain naming context is pretty easy to navigate becasue it looks
> just like the structure presented in the ADUC snap-in.
>
> The Configuration naming context is usually unfamiliar to people.
>
> Configuration
>  Services
>    Microsoft Exchange
>      <org name>
>        Administrative Groups
>          <admin group>
>            Servers
>              <server-name>
>                InformationStore
>                  <IS name>       => <database1>
>                                     <database2>
>                                     etc.
>
> Start at the <databaseX> level and work your way back up the
> hierarchy.
>
>
> -- 
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com 
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com 
> mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com 


0
nospam4062 (39)
3/12/2007 8:13:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Problems printing in Publisher 2003 with HP PSC 2410 #2
I am new to publisher 2003 and am having great difficulties printing anything properly using an HP PSC 2410 all in one. As an example when trying to print a half page side folded pre-designed greetings card all that prints is page 1 and part of page 4, minus any text. Pages 2 and 3 are missing altogether. The print preview however displays everything correctly. I have reinstalled Office 2003 and updated the printer drivers to the latest versions but the problem remains. Any help is much appreciated. ...

Upgrading from Money 2002 #2
I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never upgraded. Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and update all the information that I currently have? Thanks and Happy New Year -- mfletcher The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies have different versions. Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy of it (for safety) and then up...

pantone colors #2
Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. Find doesn't do it. B I don't think Publisher has all the Pantone colors. There are close equivalents. Not the same of course... C=0 M=53 Y=100 K=0 R=252 G=115 B=35 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob Wright" <mmpdallas@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23N1wilmHJHA.1364@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make Publisher 2007 show all Pantone Colors? I want 021 U. > Find doesn't do it. > B Guess you are right, not all there. Weird. Close equivalents ...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Importing data into Outlook #2
Is there a process or program with which I can transfer my ACT! data into Outlook contacts? Thanks! ...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

Second E-Mail Account (Address)
I have set up a second e-mail account using the same POP3 and SMTP servers (provided by the ISP) as I used to set up the first e-mail account. The first e-mail address is working fine, but when I send an e-mail to the second address (from the default account), it does not appear in the Inbox. The e-mail does appear in the Sent Items folder with no errors. How do I access the second account to receive/send e-mails? Thank you for your solution(s). ...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Ad Hoc Reporting #2
Hi, I am putting together an ad hoc report in Excel. My query is in the VB editor. I am trying to specify criteria Select x,y,z where... in the WHERE, I am struggling. I want to take a range of ids specified in the worksheet, F2:F55. So Select x, y, z where IDs IN ( F2:F55 ) I tried to use WHERE IN ( Range(F2:F55) ) but it did not like it. What syntax should I use to make this work? Thanks! ...

Reinstall #2
I am reinstalling Office 2003 on a new computer. I have installed the software but I the contact information and calendars, messages, notes etc have not transferred to the new one. How can I do that? ...

GetTextExtentPoint32 #2
Hi, I have multiple problems here :( I have a short text in UNICODE and the text contains newlines as well (carriage return and newline) and it seems that GetTextExtentPoint32 doesn't take into account the newlines. So I broke the lines myself and checked which has the longest length. Also, for the "int cbString" parameter, if my text is "hello" and I pass 5, then it doesn't return the current width. I have to send 6. Yes, I do select my font in the HDC before calling this. Other problem! Interline spacing issue Lines are separated by a certain mount of pixels...

Incoming Emails #2
Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? No, you can go to TOOLS, then SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and then DEFINE SEND/RECEIVE SETTINGS and in the box's shown, you can tell Outlook to automatically send or receive your messages every XX mins. Tedd -- Tedd Riggs PDASquare Content Developer www.pdasquire.com "wj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88174331-72B4-4ECF-B688-DF745D9178EF@microsoft.com... > Do I always have to click the "Send/Receive" button in order to get my new emails? T...

restore accounts
A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. Thanks. Hello Jun, there is no way to restore the accounts except restoring a backup of your crm-database. For the future you should forbid deleting in the security role...then the users only can deactivate the accounts (thats the recommended way, instead of delete). Mario > A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get > them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. > Thanks. > ...

outlook client problem #2
Hi I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to login outlook 2007 crmclient V3C and have all patch install You might want to create a new profile for that client. Also check that they are running SQL 2005 Express on their desktop as opposed to an MSDE instance. Their was a shift in databases from 2000 to 2005 during the life of CRM v3.0 "sjm" wrote: > Hi > I have a one user that have problem with outlook client are always prompt to > login > outlook 2007 > crmclient V3C and have all patch install Hi sjm, Is the user also prom...

CTreeView #2
I use TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style with the tree control. When the focus from the view is lost, the selection bar turns pale grey. Is there a way I could change the color of selection bar? Thanks in advance You may be able to use OnCustomDraw() to do this sort of thing. http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/tree_color.html http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/shareaza/shareaza/CtrlSharedFolder.cpp?rev=1.3 http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/newlistviewcontrolie40/article.php/c711/ Tom "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eZSucQKrFHA.3264@TK2MSFTNGP12...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

Attachment security in Outlook 2003 #2
I had the same problem. I downloaded DetachOL form the link below and it fixed all my problems. You can choose different levels of security. Hope this helps http://www.mcdev.com/outlook.shtml ...

investment importing & "recover account"
Hello. I'm using 2006 and am unable to directly connect to Principal Financial Group to directly download my account transactions. I've been downloading my transactions in a .qif file and am trying to use the recommended "recover account" approach to import the investment transactions. When Money opens the file, however, my Principal account, which is in my money file with transactions, is not listed. The only account listed as available to import the transactions is one other investment account that is a single stock - held by itself. Why would my account not be list...

X Axis needed for Line Chart #2
I have created two line images on a Line Chart using several data points. Now I would like to have an x axis that shows a marker for every 1/2 hour. Example: .5 1.0 1.5 2.0 2.5 3.0 and so on for up to 5.0 to represent hours. I created the data for these time points that coorespond to my data for line images but do not know how to show them in my x axis as markers. Any idea? My x axis shows nothing? Y axis is fine. I have data scale markers there. -- FL Does the chart know you have X data? Go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Is there anything in the ...

Store Operations 2.0 Licensing
I'm curious to how the licensing is going to be handled with Store Operations 2.0. I know it will be getting rid of the dongle and start using license keys. So how will this work? Let's pretend we have a 4 user license key: here are some questions I have... 1) If we have 4 point of sale screens open, are we still able to open the manager screens on other computers? Can we use the SO Manager on as many computers as we wish, just as we have done in the past? 2) With previous versions of RMS, we are able to open 4 point of sale screens on 4 different computers. If we want to ...

Counting Text Entries #2
Fantastic, thank you so much -- JackJJ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JackJJW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1625 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27655 ...

I get 2 message boxes
Hi I have the following code which runs when I open a second form... it works great but unfortunately I get a second system message box as well as my own custom box what have I missed out? can anyone help many thanks in advance : Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "There are no records to display." End If End Sub What system message are you getting? What version of Access are you using? "Dic_nutana" <Dicnutana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C862326-FCDF-45C8-BEFB-7333227C61B...