Account Logon Restriction #2

We have a windows 2000 domain (schema updated to 2003) and Exchange 2003.
We use roaming user profiles as a strategy to back up user's files.  When we
restrict the user to logging on to only their own computer,(in ADUC, user
properties, Account tab, then the 'Log On To...' button), they can't access
OWA. Once we lift the restriction, OWA works again.
    The reason this is an issue, is that I work in a Hospital environment,
where there are computer users who have their own computer (and thus their
own profile).  These users also need to access OWA from other computers in
other areas of the hospital, but these computers have 'generic' logins that
need to be used, as opposed to their windows logins to log in to the
computer, because if they do, their entire profile is copied to the
computer.

Thanks

0
jduran280 (2)

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:23:49 -0600, "JDuran"
<jduran280@news.postalias> wrote:

>We have a windows 2000 domain (schema updated to 2003) and Exchange 2003.
>We use roaming user profiles as a strategy to back up user's files.  When we
>restrict the user to logging on to only their own computer,(in ADUC, user
>properties, Account tab, then the 'Log On To...' button), they can't access
>OWA. Once we lift the restriction, OWA works again.
>    The reason this is an issue, is that I work in a Hospital environment,
>where there are computer users who have their own computer (and thus their
>own profile).  These users also need to access OWA from other computers in
>other areas of the hospital, but these computers have 'generic' logins that
>need to be used, as opposed to their windows logins to log in to the
>computer, because if they do, their entire profile is copied to the
>computer.
>
>Thanks

What if you add the OWA server and their own workstation to the logon
restrictions?
0
adavid (8731)
10/20/2006 4:40:21 PM
Hi Tong,

Thanks you for posting.

However, I notice you have posted the same question in our newsgroup, which
I have already followed up. The POST ID is 36025960, and the POST subject
is "Account logon restriction". So please check my answer there and if you
need any further assistance on this particular issue, please reply to me in
that thread so I can follow up with you in time.

Also, please don't post the same question multiple times in the future so
that our engineers can work on your question efficiently. Your
understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Thank you and Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Steven Zhu
MCSE
Microsoft Online Partner Support
PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were
updated on February 14, 2006.? Please complete a re-registration process
by entering the secure code mmpng06 when prompted. Once you have
entered the secure code mmpng06, you will be able to update your profile
and access the partner newsgroups.
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

v-stezhu (21)

Spacing #2
Hi Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want "dewit" THX Luc You can use: =substitute(a1," ","") to remove all the spaces (leading/trailing/embedded) or =lower(substitute(a1," ","")) if you really wanted lower case. Luc Vandenhoeck wrote: > > Hi > Trim removes spacing in the beginning and end of word. > How can i delete a spacing betwee two words (name) ex "De Wit" > i want > "dewit" > THX Luc -- ...

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

Limitations to # of Decimal places for seconds (time)? #2
Bernie Deitrick Wrote: > Xprezons, > > Are you really recording every 1/10 millionth of a second? And, yes > Excel > limits you to three decimal places on the seconds > > Thanks a ton for your help, Bernie. I guess this is what I have to do. And yes, the system does log time to the accuracy of 6 decimal digits. Thanks and Regards, Xprezons -- Xprezon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Xprezons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1505 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Public Folder Auto-reply #2
Hi Is there any way that I can enable an auto-reply for emails that are going to a Public Folder that is mail enabled. The emails will not only becoming from inside th company but externally as well. Thanx for the help Sulaiman yes, you can...on the Administration tab, click Folder Assistant...but be very cautious with this...it's very easy to get into a "mail loop" condition that could conceivably crash the store... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E3D127F-2CBE-40D3-9AC3-333F3D25B465@microsoft....

Specify account to send from
I tried replying to a work email earlier tonight and after I sent it, although I specified which account to send the email from, the saved sent message said it had been sent from my personal (default) account. I've got four accounts on Outlook, so I tested them against each other and found that all my messages sent from my personal (default) account came through fine, but all the messages sent from the other accounts to my personal (default) account said they had been sent by my personal (default) account. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? ...

outlook mobile access broken #2
I noticed this morning that my OMA was give ASP application error reports when a device tried to connect. I put it down to changing the installed .net framework at the end of last week - using the aspnet_regiis.exe command located in the C: \WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework directory, I changed from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727. So I reverted back to v1.1.4322 hoping it would resolve the issue, no all I get is a 404 page not found - even though there are files there - now I'm a bit stumped. What is going to be the easiest way to fix/repair/recreate this virtual directory? Any pointers would ...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

accounting (different) State holidays
This is a call to the quintessence - the fifth and highest source o intelegence known to mankind (the WWW) I work with performance reporting, the performance of an activity i calculated by comparing the actual (number of days) with the agree days for the activity I use NETWORKING DAYS and can get the result. But now I am going NATIONAL and the holidays in each state i different, so I am not able to use the NETWORKING DAYS (with holidays to meet my requirement Can you please assist? Thanks and regards, Ra -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Raj Could you use an IF or ...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

beginning balances #2
Hello: This is a new client who is entering invoices and data as of 2006. There are two open fiscal years--2005 and 2006. We created 2005, as the client will need to enter beginning balances for 2006. I just want to make sure that I have the correct steps down. In order to enter beginning balances for 2006, they need to: (1) In GL Transaction Entry, enter a debit or credit to the balance sheet account and a debit or credit to Retained Earnings (or a suspense account) as of 12/31/2005 and (2) They need to close 2005 in the GL, so those beginning balances (BBFs) will roll forward to...

Variant #2
Good Day, I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the IDL for the object that value is also defined as a VARIANT*. The problem I have is I am not sure how to deal with this value on the C++ side. What datatype do I use to store this value. Unfortunately, I can really be almost anything. Do I need to store it as a byte array? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! >I have a VB6 Com object that I am attempting to use in VC++. One of the >methods returns a VB6 Variant datatype. When I look at the...

FRx Forecaster #2
Hello, In a Calc Set when a range of Accounts is used the Calc set does not work (Calc = '1000..5000') Have followed all the TK and it does satisfy all the requirements for a Calc Set to work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance Ajay Ajay-- is the variable on the left side a valid Account? (i.e., does 'Calc' exist in the list of accounts, and in the lineset? Also, check the syntax in the actual calculation. It should read Calc='1000..'5000 with the single quote in front of the variables. "Ajay" wrote: > Hello, &...

Help with combining 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts
Hi, I have 2 seperate Worksheet Change Event scripts that I would like to combine to use in one woeksheet and I'm sure how to do. I am kind of new to VB. The first script is for hiding columns based on a value selected in picklist. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SalesAid Software If Target.Address <> Range("L2").Address Then Exit Sub 'MsgBox Month(Target) If Target = "All" Then Range("N:BV").EntireColumn.Hidden = False Else lastcol = Cells(6, Columns.Count).End(xlToLe...

Report WRITER legends values #2
Hello. I need to modify existing modified report. Where can I find values for legends fields? Thanks. Sofiya. Hello Sofiya, Legend fields are placeholders that may contain pretty much anything, depending of the report you are working with. For example, on many reports, they are used to display the range values used when generating the report. (From-To) One thing you must remember though is that they are always typed as strings so you need to convert them if you want to do any arithmetic operations with them. In conclusion, if you want to evaluate the legend field values for a report,...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

MS Money won't update some accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; = McAfee AV Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon: Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. = All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and = observations: --MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit = Union, ETrade) and=20 some credit cards ...

Project Green #2
Those of you counting on or worrying about Project Green might want to check out the rants and replies on this forum on the Sept 20 subject entitled ".Net Plans?". ...

Need Help #2
I have created a custom button for Tag along item.and I am having problem with cursor box. It is not moving down. It is staying where the tag along item rang up. It should move down to empty line, But It is not. How Can I fix his problem. Any one can help me ? ...

confirguring outlook accounts
When I opened microsoft outlook 2003 for the first time I get the following message: unable to open your default email folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and recieve email could not be found. To add a data file, such as personal folder double click on the mail icon in the control panel. I am not using outlook for my email. I go online for this. I need to use outlook for my contact manager. How can I set up outlook 2003. I need help ASAP!!!!!!!!! sue Do you have any data files (PST / Personal Folders) defined in the Control Panel's Mail applet? You needed...

Need to take out checkboxes from from some items of the listcontrol.. #2
Hi, I have a listcontrol in which i want to have checkboxes for only selected items.... For that i m trying , m_cListCtrl.SetItemState(nRow , LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT, LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT); which is not working..... PLease help me.. Lotz of thanx in advance, This link may be useful http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/LVChecked.asp Regards Amar ...

runtime error 1004 #2
I'm having this problem with this code when i try to run this in spanish version but no in english version: Public Function gf_CopyPasteData(s_range As String, s_range2 As String, i_start_sheet_index As Integer, i_end_sheet_index As Integer) As Integer 'copies data from sheet one sheet to another sheet If CInt(Range(s_range).Count) = CInt(Range(s_range2).Count) Then Sheets(i_start_sheet_index).Range(s_range).Copy _ Destination:=Sheets(i_end_sheet_index).Range(s_range2) 'validation passed, both ranges are of the same size gf_CopyPasteData =...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...