Accessing Requests on Public Folder

Hi All,

We have exchange server 2000 in our organization.We have started one series
of posting IT knowledge document in one of our public folder.Is there any
facility in exchange server that provide us the numbers of hits for that
document means can we know howmuch times that document accessed in particular
time lets say one week from that public folder.is there any third party tool
available that can help us to know the hits on that document by users.

please let me know if such things can be done in any ways.
--
sachin shah
exchange system administrator

"Sachin Shah" <SachinShah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have exchange server 2000 in our organization.We have started one series
>of posting IT knowledge document in one of our public folder.Is there any
>facility in exchange server that provide us the numbers of hits for that
>document means can we know howmuch times that document accessed in particular
>time lets say one week from that public folder.is there any third party tool
>available that can help us to know the hits on that document by users.
>
>please let me know if such things can be done in any ways.

The only way I think you can manage this s by writing code. A better
way is to use a web server and one of the many log file analysis
programs to count the numbe of hit on that URL.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Access report in rtf format arrives in e-mail as xls file
I have a single report (with subreports embedded) that is e-mailed every day. I have been able to successfully send this report for a couple of months as an rtf file with no problems. For some reason unbenownst to me, the report formatting now shows in the e-mail as an xls file. I do not know why this has changed and have not been able to arrive at the solution as of yet. I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to why this might be happening? Your thoughts are appreciated. How exactly do you send the report? Do you do it manually or by some code? If manually, describe the steps. ...

Problem Converting HTML to Access
I have Access 97... When I link an HTML document to my Access table, the list shows that the information is there, but the cells are blank. The names show up only when I highlight a cell. Ex. I have 300 names and the list will say 1 out of 300, but no names will appear in the cell. It is just blank. Any suggesstions as to why this is happening? My first thought is that the HTML code in each cell of the table starts with something (e.g. a <BR> tag) that Access is interpreting as a linebreak or empty line. "rblivewire" <rblivewire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

Can Access 2007 analyze w/Excel?
I have installed Office 2007 and I am not able to locate the option to Analyze a report with Excel. I was able to do this with Access 2003 and it would put all the data from a report into an Excel file. How do I do this in Access 2007? I do not see the option anywhere after opening the report. Thanks, CEV I forgot to mention that when I have the report open, The export to Excel option is greyed out as is the sharepoint list option right next to it. Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:fg52n601iel@enews5.newsguy.com... >I have installed...

Access 2007 install broke Access 2000 runtime
I have an old Polaroid ID Cardmaker program that uses an Access 2000 Runtime to work. After installing Office 2007 Pro Plus I found that the cardmaker program would no longer work. The error is 2501 The OpenForm operation was cancelled. If I try to open the mdb file the error is "You do not have the necessary permissions to use the ........MDB object." If I use the Polaroid installation CD and reinstall the Access 2000 runtime the Polaroid application will work but I can no longer open Access 2007 without it going through a reconfiguration/repair routine. Once that happens the car...

CROSS-POST (also on General)
Hi, when I right-click in the folder list to create a new sub- folder I get an error: >>>> ERROR MSG >>>> Outlook can't read the registry information - Close and restart Outlook - Reinstall Outlook - Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other e-mail system <<<< END <<<<< we have tried everything, including re-install of Office 2000. We have run this on Windows 2000 Professional.... please help if you have an answer thanks Philip When this error occurred on a Win XP machine (running Outlook 2002), I did a System Restore to fix it. If ...

Access 2007 runtime with sharepoint
Is there a way to use the Access 2007 runtime to do offline access with sharepoint? Either v2.0 or v3.0 Thanks in advance. andrew. ...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating
When I convert a Access 97 report to Word 97, some of the memo fields truncate in Word. It does not matter the size of the data in the memo field. Sometimes the data is a only a few sentices, other times a large paragraph. Other times a very large paragraph will come accross fully intacted. Thanks. Laurie wrote: -------------------- | Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message | From: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Sender: "Laurie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> | Subject: Access 97 to Word 97- Memo Fields truncating | Date:...

System Volume Information folder
Hi Our Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Six weeks ago, the C drive has about 115GB free space. Now, it has about 15GB. This is rather unusual because the server has never consumed so much space so fast. I checked on various folders and found that the bulk of space used is in the System Volume Information folder. There are 7 files totalling 150GB. The filenames are 78{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752} to 84{3808876b-c176-4e48-b7ae-04046e6cc752}. The first one dated 6/5/10 (which was 5 days ago). So, the server is either running pre...

Public Recognition
Did you know that Glenn Adams from TiberCreek has posted over 1400 responses in this newsgroup? Jeff Hobbs from Check Point Software 1100 times. Jason Hunt from Advanced Computer Systems 250 times. Rick from Allied POS 216 times. How about some thanks to these guys for there great contributions? Rob from 2020 ITS Oh ya, I've posted aboot(in a thick Canadian accent) 635 times. * Statistics from Google Groups To add to my thoughts. Glenn and Jeff you guys need to get a life, don't you have anything better to do? ;-p hehe Rob "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> w...

How can I delete a address contact folder
I have 3 email accounts setup in Outlook Express. I am running XP. I noticed when I go to each Address Book in OExpress, there is a Shared Contacts folder and then a 2nd folder underneath that identity title (Candice Contact's). I do not need this folder, but when I right click on it, I get message Item Cannot be deleted. I only want to have 1 contact folder in Address Book labeled Shared Contacts, but each of my 3 identies has it's own contact folder underneath shared. Anyway I can delete these? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the O...

User folder on desktop has a bad name
My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on desktop How can I restore the correct name? "Allamarein" <matteo.diplomacy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c9cd2878-a7ad-46c5-b802-a37c9d4f5b7a@d39g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > My name is Matteo (like User Name). Hence I had a User Folder on > desktop named Matteo. Now it has a different name, but files inside > are C:\Users\Matteo The wrong name is visible only on deskto...

How to access data buffers in a completion routine for a KMDF driv
I'm porting a WDM upper filter driver to KMDF version. I have two questions about data accessing in a completion routine. 1. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data from Irp->AssociatedIrp.SystemBuffer( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and the data was set by function driver). How to do this for my KMDF driver? 2. In the completion routine of my WDM upper filter driver, it was able to retrieve data by calling MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSafe(Irp->MdlAddress, NormalPagePriority)( The IRP is using Method Neither I/O, and t...

Public folders stuck in Public Folder Instances
I'm trying my best to finish up this migration to Exchange 2007. I couldn't figure out how to use the PFMigrate tool to move public folders from Exchange 2003 to 2007, so I Right Clicked on the 2003 Public Folder Store and chose Move All Replicas. That was over 24 hours ago. I have about 180 public folders to move. The move for most of those folders took about 6 hours. However, I have 9 folders left in Public Folder Instances on the 2003 server that have been stuck there with the same KB size for the past 18 hours. They just don't seem to want to move. I've readded repli...

slow moving larger items between folders...
hello, i'm on exchange 5.5 and there are about 20 or so fairly large mail boxes. When moving messages containing attachments between folders in my mailbox, it takes ages! It takes about a minute to move a message of about 250k. It never used to be like this. I'm fairly sure this is a recent development. Any ideas as to why this has happened and how to solve it? Thanks Batfastad ...

Outlook Crashes for Meeting Requests
User at firm is getting the generic "Outlook.exe has generated an error message..." whenever they try to accept/decline meeting requests in Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 SP4 platform. Outlook will crash at the precise time they select Accept, Decline, or Tentative. Strange thing is that 2 of her AA's (on different machines!) get the EXACT same error message when then they try and accept/decline meetings for her. However they do NOT receive the error message upon accepting/declining meetings for any others at the firm. See below for Event Viewer log. Any help would be MUCH apprec...

Access 2003 Packaging & Deployment Wizard for Vista Install
Have had no problems installing on XP but Vista is different. For Vista Installations I have 2 queries: Believe I should be installing my program and associated files in the CommonAppDataFolder and that seems to correspond with the ProgramData folder when installed on Vista. However, when the front end is installed in ProgramData folder, the operator can't perform a compact/repair on the front end file?? Using the PDW how/where do I set up the installation of the back end data file? This needs to be accessible by all uses and don't want to run into the "virtualising&quo...

Is there a similar newgroup for Access?
Can you tell me whether there is a similar newsgroup to this one for Microsoft Access users? Thanks douglas These are Microsoft's public Access ng's (English). The m.p.access.gettingstarted group is the closest to m.p.e.newusers: microsoft.public.access, microsoft.public.access.3rdpartyusrgrp, microsoft.public.access.activexcontrol, microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver, microsoft.public.access.commandbarsui, microsoft.public.access.conversion, microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages, microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode, microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits, mi...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

Export public shared folder ?
Hello All, I can use the export wizard from File menu of Outlook to export folders, but I am not shown the public shared folders to export. How can I export contents of a public shared folder in outlook ? Imran. Copy the folder contents to a mailbox folder and export from there. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Imran Aziz" <imran@bindweb.com> wrote in message news:uJSDqHB9EHA.1084@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hel...

Special Characters in Access 2007
I'm working on a database that has fields filled in with sizes (i.e. 1.5", 2", 3", etc.) I know the " shouldn't have been used but it was. When writing a query to show only 1" items I get the message "The expression you entered has an invalid string." I usually can get past this by putting the " in brackets (like this ["]) and I could go on, but now that I am using access 2007 (was on 2003) I get this message; "The expression you entered contains invalid syntax." I've tried to manually add the outside quotes but ...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Get Access Data into Excel
Hi All, I am using excel macro to get data from access database. My sql query gives me 5 records or more than that. I am able to pull it different cells. But I want all the 5 results in single cell. Please help im not exactly sure what your trying to do, but maybe something like this will do the trick dim accval as string accval=rs!:XXX rs.movenext accval=accval & " " & rs!:xxx loop it till rs.eof=true hth dmoney "fi.or.jp.de" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am using excel macro to get data from access database. >...

Sizing a form in Access 2007
I've been working with Access for the past decade, and recently upgraded to 2007. I've created several forms but can't figure out how to make them the size I want in display view. In older versions all I needed to do was pull in the left side and bottom of the form and minimize to the size I wanted. 2007 doesn't appear to have this ability. I was able to get the display size I wanted by setting the form to popup and modal, but this keeps the form on top. I tried pulling the form under the ribbon. This allows reports opened with the form to display, but I can...

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...