accessing an exchange 5.5 Server from a diferant Domain

I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are
working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server.

They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an
account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook
client the application see the account but they can not access the server.

What do I need to do?

What outlook client are they using?  You have to select the option in
outlook to not use authentication, when you do that, they will get an
authentication box, that will let them put in the correct username,
password, and domain for where they are pulling their mail.

Andres
"ScottS" <ssalvatore@lbmca.com> wrote in message
>I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are
>working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server.
>

> They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an
> account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook
> client the application see the account but they can not access the server.
>
> What do I need to do?

0
andresp (4)
4/14/2005 4:31:00 PM
Outlook 2003

"Andres Perales" <andresp@mclanegrp.com> wrote in message
> What outlook client are they using?  You have to select the option in
> outlook to not use authentication, when you do that, they will get an
> authentication box, that will let them put in the correct username,
> password, and domain for where they are pulling their mail.
>
> Andres
> "ScottS" <ssalvatore@lbmca.com> wrote in message
>>I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are
>>working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server.
>>

>> They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an
>> account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook
>> client the application see the account but they can not access the
>> server.
>>
>> What do I need to do?

Am I running out of Exchange folder storage?
Win 2003 - Exchange Standard 2003 Please tell me if I am running out of alloted storage on both Public folder and mailbox folder. Do I need to move up to Enterprise Exchange to avoid 16GB limit in total folder storage? Thanks a million! Bill ------------ Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1221 Date: 9/15/2005 Time: 4:17:19 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGESERVER Description: The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGESERVER)" has 5 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has termin...

Corrupt file accessed by Outlook
I can't tell what got corrupted but now whenever Outlook (2000 or 2003) starts, it eats up 1 gb of RAM before its ready to go (and takes ~10 minutes to startup). I see the memory being eaten up by watching the memory gauge in task manager/performance monitor. By looking at the Processes list, I don't see the memory being associated with any one process (including Outlook). So far I have: uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook 2000 uninstalled Outlook 2000 and installed Outlook 2003 reinstalled Windows XP (upgrade ... not a new instanst) removed all addins including COM addins Outlook Ex...

Exchange 2003 Can't resolve hostname to 1 domain
I am running windows 2000 and my users are having trouble to sending to people within a certain domain. I get an error back saying there is an SMTP error and the host name is unavailable. I have checked the DNS servers that I am using, and they resolve the domain just fine. I have used another email client off site to test and see if the problem might be on thier end. Any Ideas? On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:33:14 -0800, "JMartin" <JMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running windows 2000 and my users are having trouble to sending to >people within a certain d...

Outlook blocking access to other programes such as ACT
HI, Deos anyone know how to disable the new security feature in Outlook that stops other programes such as ACT from using outlook to send e-mail? Currently outlooks pops up a dialog box requiring user input but our system sychronizes overnight and this new feature stops that function. No, you need to visit your programs's support page to get an update. See this page for some programs that have been updated: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Unable to share folders w/ Outlook and Exchange between users
Hi! I have a Win2K3 SErver with Exchange 2K3 SP2 installed, and a few users set up with their mailbox created. One user needs to have full access to the mails of her boss. I did give her the rights in the AD Users & Computers (User Properties, tab Exchange Advanced, Mailbox Rights button, and so on). Within the Outlook 2003 client of the boss, I gave the assistant the status of delegate (Tools, Options, tab Delegate), and I gave her the full rights on the Mailbox of her boss. When I open her Outlook 2003 client, and try to open the Mailbox of the boss, by doing File, Open, Folder of a...

Replacement server recommendation
Hi We need to get a replacement for our existing dell sbs 2003 premium server which is used as a domain controller and the exchange server. My questions are; a. What is the equivalent sbs 2008 version that we should be getting? b. How is the migration carried out including exchange mailboxes? c. Is it necessary to uses SAS disks instead of SATA? d. What sort of disk/raid configuration is recommended? e. How much memory is recommended for 50 users? Many Thanks Regards Inline. -Cliff "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message ...

Windows Server 2003 listing out users from AD
Hello All I'm trying to List out about 75 users from a windows server security group 2003. I have one security with about 75 users i need to check that all the users are acount for Cheers in active directory users mmc create a query and export results into csv file. easiest way. serggry "Jason" <Jason@hotmaial.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:uR9kTBflKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > I'm trying to List out about 75 users from a windows server security group > 2003. I have one security with about...

DB Maintenance Plan With Exec SQL Server Agent Job Task
Running SQL 2005 Standard with current sp's. I have a DB maintenance job. That job also has an "Execute SQL Server Agent Job Task" step in it - at the top. During my testing, if I set that Agent job step to fail and run it manually outside of the Mainteance Plan and it failes. When the same "test fail" agent task runs in the maintenance plan, it continues to run. The constraint for that Agent job task in the DB maintneance plan is SUCCESSFULL. It should not be continuing the run but it does. Any ideas? That is by design - since the Execute SQL Server Agent...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

Cached Exchange Mode not selected but OST file is still created.
I'm trying to figure out why an OST file is being created even though Exchange Cached mode is not selected. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue? I'm using Outlook 2003 with the latest updates. Thanks, Jaycee Is the machine configured for offline folders, which are still available = as an option if Cached Exchange mode is not used?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

migrate security setups to alternate servers
Hello there, I have a request to use a development environment to setup and test both user security (advanced security) setups and field level security options. I have seen and used the import\export functionality in advanced security, but this only works for single users\classes. Is there a method for copying all user, class, and field level security settings from a development server to a production server? My guess is that restoring the dynamics database would do this, but I am unsure and would like an alternate option if possible. Thanks in advance, Jason Security restrictions are...

Exchange 2003 External email question
Hi Company has one email address, which is a POP3 email account. Receiving email is ok via the POP3 connector. Sending email from ONE account is ok via the SMTP connector. But I would like to be able to give 5 people the ability to send using the same email address. I thought I would just be able to type the same email address in on the Email Address tab of the user's properties in AD, but I get a message saying the email address is already in use. The company needs to use Exchange because it wants to share diaries. I hope this makes sense - basically what I want to do is give 5...

Smart Investors Wanted!!! #5
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Exchange 2000 Uninstall Error 0x80072030
I have an Exchange 2000/2003 mixed environment and I'm trying to remove Exchange 2000 from the organization. Exchange 2000 is installed on a domain controller. A previous admin had gone thru the procedures detailed in the KB 307917 article "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 Server computer from the site". I verified that these procedures were followed. However, when I try to run uninstall, I receive the error code 0x80072030 which indicates that an object is missing. I found that the missing object is the local machine's post master account. How do I remap the msExc...

Exchange 5.5 service account rights? #2
We have 2 accounts within our domain for use with Exchange. One of these is the actual service account and the other is just an Exadmin for use when in the Exchange administrator. Both of these have Domain Admin rights and I want to remove this from those accounts. Could someone please tell me explicitly what rights the service account needs and what an admin account for Exchange would need.? Thanks! With Ex5.5 ... we have similar setup. ExServiceAct, set him as local administrator on the Exchange Server, then within Exchange give him Service Account pemissions at all levels (Org,...

Using a database created in Access 03 in Access 97
I created a database in 2003 at home then I went to work I found out that I cannot open this database in Access 1997. Would there happen to be fix for this? Thanks in advance; Very few products are designed with sufficient prescience that they can open files created with future versions. <g> The only fix is to take advantage of the fact that Access 2003 can save the database in Access 97 format (look under Tools | Database Utilities) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Roby" <Roby@discussions.microsof...

Fonts #5
Is the font FINE HAND in Publisher 2003? Is there a list of fonts that I can see for Publisher 2003 before buying it? I presently own Publisher 98. You will not get the "fine hand font" with Publisher 2003. If you already have the font it will still be available when you install the new Publisher. Try at alt.fonts.binaries -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Arbsie18" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABD01466-85A4-459F-A5B3-41DF0B0BBAB6@mic...

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration (very slow)
I'm doing test migration from Exch 5.5 to 2000. Everything works fine, but public folders migration takes very long time (18GB database migrates a few dozen hours - for example 3 days). Maybe you know some way to accelerate this process ? It looks like public folders data are migrated by very small portions... Thx for help Consider setting the replication interval to always, upping the interval to 1 minute, and increasing the size of data sent across the pipe--assuming you've got the hardware for it, that is. These can be done on the properties of the public folder object in E...

Is there a way to recover public folders' permission in Ex5.5?
the permissions were overwritten by those propagated from upper level, is there any method can recover them back? not sure if the permissions are stored in public store or directory or somewhere else; If there is a copy of public store backup, will that help? Or is there any tool can extract the permissions from public store or directory? Thanks. ...

disabling read receipts in Exchange 2k environment
Hi, I was hoping to get a little advise on my win2k pro/office2k environment: when users attempt to disable the sending of read receipts (in Outlook:tools-options-preferances tab-email options button-tracking options button) the option to "never send a response" is greyed out. My research indicates that the Exhcange server may be causing this and I was wondering where on the Exchange server I should check? or if this could be caused by something else? I appreciate the help, AF On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:24:02 -0700, "AF" <AF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

Accessing Outlook from hotel rooms
Hi, All: When I travel and access Outlook from my hotel room, I can receive my Outlook e-mail, but I cannot send or reply to e-mail. Does anyone know what changes I can make to my computer to enable me to both receive and send e-mail when traveling? TIA Scot Are you using your ISP from the Hotel or their service? You will need = to set up authentication for your ISP server to use their SMTP = connection or ask the hotel what they require to use their SMTP server. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sen...

Generate PDF Bookmarks in MS Access 2007 Reports
I have Acrobat 9 Standard and generate numerous reports out of MS Access 2007 into the PDF Format. The reports are grouped, but I can only get a bookmark with the report's name. I need bookmarks for each group. How do I do that? I did this a while back using NitroPDF, it has functionality to scan the pdf looking for certain type of fonts and when it finds them it makes bookmarks. Example all group heading are in Arial 14, setup rules to scan for Arial 14 and make bookmarks. I never automated the process since the user I did it for only needed to do it for one pdf and they ...

Access 2.0 Conversion Utility for Access 2003
Has anyone been able to locate the access 2.0 conversion utility for Access 2003? On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:11:57 -0800, Mike wrote: > Has anyone been able to locate the access 2.0 conversion > utility for Access 2003? Hi Mike, You must call Microsoft to get this file. There is an article documenting this on Office Online at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010947401033&CTT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=6ES4tDFJ20&Query=access+2.0+converter&Scope=TC%2cHP%2cHA%2cRC%2cFX%2cES%2cEP%2cDC%2cXT. If your newsreader has problems with the lon...

Query problem. Access is my nightmare.
I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a Ticket Number. It works fine. I want to set-up a macro or something that I can run from my switchboard. Edit Ticket Number. I set it up and it will allow any number to be put in and it will pull up all records. How do I set this up from my switch board to where someone types the Ticket Number into the parameter window and it only pulls up that record or comes back with an error message saying "record not found"? On Jan 24, 1:52=A0pm, p-rat <osupr...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a parameter query set up. It prompts me for a ...

VAMT reported that the response from the activation server did not match the request.
Hi :) I've just installed VAMT 2.0 beta on Win 7 in one domain / forest. Connected and get info about one 2008 R2 server in another domain using different credentials and changed from GVLK into MAK. Entered key into VAMT and installed MAK key onto server. But when I try to activate server I've get response from VAMT: "VAMT reported that the response from the activation server did not match the request." What is wrong here ? There are not much info about that error on internet :( right now. I guess you are in the wrong newsgroup. Please direct your ...