Access to User Calendar

I have a user called small conference room that is used to schedule meetings
on its calendar. I would like to link the calendar from our intranet site to
the calendar with a UNC path. I am calling outlook: and I can get to my local
mailbox and public folders but I am unable to connect to another users
calendar.
I am running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Is there some security
modifications that need to be done?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
0
slawrie (7)

I believe that you will need full mailbox rights.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"slawrie" <slawrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user called small conference room that is used to schedule
>meetings
> on its calendar. I would like to link the calendar from our intranet site
> the calendar with a UNC path. I am calling outlook: and I can get to my
> local
> mailbox and public folders but I am unable to connect to another users
> calendar.
> I am running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Is there some security
> modifications that need to be done?
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Runtime Parameters in Access
How do I pass a parameter to an application at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that AutoExec can examine in order to determine which of two functions it should run. I've tried to solve the problem by using the /x MyMacroName, but AutoExec seems to override that. On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:13:02 -0800, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote: AutoExec runs before MyMacroName. So it's up to you to structure your code such that this works for your purposes. -Tom. >How do I pass a parameter to an application >at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that >AutoExe...

How do I integrate a Barcode scanner with Access?
I want to use a barcode scanner with Access. I see many articles about barcode printing but nothing regarding the use of a scanner. I want to be able to scan a barcode and have that scan feed my form based on the information stored in my database. On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:05:02 -0800, booismycat <booismycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Your barcode vendor should have some of that information for you. But essentially a barcode is simply text in a funny font, and you can scan the value into a textbox and then take it from there. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I wa...

accessing Project Portfolio server
hi ! i have SQL Server 2005 installed in standalone with the project portfolio server 2007, but when i trying to access portfolio application by using url: "http://servername/portfolioserver" with my account name and pwd, i have this error: Objet name "SfAccounts" invalid ! please help me. Have you restored or upgraded your Portfolio Server database? What that sounds like is that the default installed 'account' i the database is diffeent to what is configured in the web.config file. In your "C:\inetpub\PortfolioServer2007\PortfolioServer\web.c...

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments
New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened in other email addresses. Any ideas There is a setting in outlook that tells it to strip attachments. If you uncheck this it will allow attachments and allow you to open the attachments taken out before. >-----Original Message----- >New computer and OE will not allow ANY attachments to be >accessed, even though they are safe and have been opened >in other email addresses. Any ideas >. > tools-options-security-uncheck the do not allow attachments block &qu...

Calendar Template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I really need to download a 2010 calendar for excel - there does not seem to be anything compatible to download on to my system. <br><br>Any tips? HayleyB@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I really > need to download a 2010 calendar for excel - there does not seem to be > anything compatible to download on to my system. > > Any tips? There's a boat-load of templates on the Microsoft Office web site. You may need Stuffit Expander to uns...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

Transfering Outlook Calendar, Contacts and IMAP-folders to Live Ma
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Ulf Eriksson wrote: > I have a new computer with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail. > Live mail doesn't pick up the Outlook Calendar, Contacts and the IMAP > folders I had created. How can I get these over from my old Outlook to Live > Mail. (I have saved the pst file) Download and install the trial version of Office 2007....

Publisher Users: Looking for Free Fonts?
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/ This was recommended by Lockergnome online. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Thank you Brian. Even tho I have 923 fonts onstalled on my system, there are times when I just can't find the exact effect I'm looking for. I appreciate links like this. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Brian Kvalheim - [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message news:uhnPOpuTEHA.3332...

Rule to direct mail from only 1 of a user's email addresses
My exchange account has a 3 email addresses. I would like to direct mail to a specified folder based on which of the 3 email addresses it was sent "to." When I configure a rule, email from all 3 of my addresses are copied to the specified folder. How can I exclude the other to email addresses that the mail may be coming "to" from this rule. Thanks. Nick "Nick Mirro" <nickmirro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:92538e47-1dd1-46f2-ad46-66e311b68b28@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > My exchange account has a 3 email addresses. I would like to direct &...

Anonymous Access Checked off- No incoming email
I have a simple setup regarding email. Mail comes in thru firewall directly to my Exchange 2003 server. I remove the check next to anonymous access in the properties of the SMTP virtual server, I receive no incoming email(UN-checked basic and checked integrated). Everything else works fine. If I leave anonymous access with the check mark, I'm bombarded with folks relaying off me. Anonymous access is not required for any of my systems to function properly. My question is... Should this simple setup work and if so, what am I doing wrong or do I need to implement a more complex envir...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

How do i enable domain user access from the internet to CRM ?
Hi I want to access CRM from external subnets, and log in to the web interface with a domain user account, no need for SSL, this is a test server where execs from the HQ need to access. I dont want to have to use VPN for this. When i type in the IP of the external interface of our router from the outside with port :5555 - ex http://25.25.25.25:5555, it prompts for credentials but doesnt accept domain.local\user nor domain\user, it just says HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied. IIS settings havent been modified, and are default install. Is there anyway to do this ? Thank ...

Exchange Web Access Issue
Hello everyone, I posted a while back but looks like my post got lost. Anyways, I have Exchange 2003 installed on my Windows 2003 Enterprise server. I have exchange properly setup, and the Outlook Web Access isn't changed in anyways. I'm not sure what infomation to include, so just tell me. Basically, my clients can access my server without problems on a open network, without proxies. However, when they try to access from their workplace, which uses proxys, they run into issues. The initial login is fine, everything loads. However, if they try to refresh the folder list, create email...

HR Requisitions access
I am unable to give access applicant requisitions for the company, division, position and department fields. This same user is able to enter these fields on the employee maintenance card. I have tried everything I can think of in the security setup but can't get past this. We don't want this person to see any actual payroll information (wages, etc). Thank you for any help with this. Tracey D ...

Entity framwork accessing private member variables
(The following was posted in the ADO.NET newsgroup but got no responses. Thus the posting here.) Doing some testing with Entity Framework, I have been able to get POCOs to save using the public Properties. Now I am trying to switch from using public properties to private member variables. Originally the getter and setter of the ID property were public. I have changed the getter and setter to private access and changed the name to 'id' the name of the underlying member variable. I get an error: "Mapping and metadata information could not be found for Entity T...

Access Database Files Are Blocked
After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does anyone know a workaround? Jack Depends on the version and Service Patch but check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jack Henslee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117e901c3f4be$6e950790$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive > Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does > anyone know a workaround? > > Jack ...

Shared User Issue When Opening Database
I have an issue this afternoon which, I feel probably isn't directly related to Access, but would be grateful for guidance if anyone has experienced this before. I have a database (default open mode - shared) which, this afternoon, won't allow a second user to open it. If a second user tries to open the database a message box is displayed quoting the path of the database file plus "The parameter is incorrect" The database is located on a shared folder on our network. Thanks for any assistance. Dave ONLY the data should be on a shared folder, not th...

Granting SendAs privileges to non-AD users?
Hello, In order to grant Send As permissions to a DelegateUser, the DelegateUser must be a member of an AD (via Check Names). It is desirable to allow a user that is not an AD member to be able to Send As, e.g., when the DelegateUser (the non-AD user) and the MailboxOwner (an AD user) are one-and-the-same person, but the person needs to send mail through the Exchange Server using a mail client on another platform. In other words, it would be nice to be able to specify a "username.domain" syntax in this portion of the Exchange interface without requiring "username.domain" ...

Cannot access Public Folders via ESM
Hello, I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same problem if I try it from the exchange server, or remote. It just hangs, no error message. I or the users don’t have a problem connecting from outlook. I’m using exchange 2003 on wind server 2003 sp1 Thanks Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. "Marsel" <Marsel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EBCE555-FCDD-4304-B2C4-F82E5DD1690E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am not able to view or expand the public folders via ESM. I get the same &g...

Will Multibyte app work for Chinese users?
Hi, I have an application which I built in vc 6. A Chinese user running Simplified Chinese Win2000 pro has reported that it fails on his sytem. I presume this is because I didn't write and compile with Unicode support. Now I've upgraded to VS.Net 2003, and am considering building a Unicode version of my app. However, I have noticed the multibyte option. Will multibyte compilation solve my problem with Chinese users? Will I still have to add _T for literals, change char* to LPTSTR etc? My application is for Win 2000 and above. Thanks. Mike Mike, >I have an application which I bui...

>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient tab
>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table This error is from our exchange, what is causing it? Certain email address seem to trigger it. We would need more information. Exchange versions, for instance. And who receives the NDR? Your users or someone sending to your domain? Postfix in the mix anywhere? "BrianMultiLanguage" <BrianMultiLanguage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C32582D-E2D4-4C83-8A72-A8127672688D@microsoft.com... > >: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table > > This error is...

Access conversion to SQL
Hi all. I have an application that currently connects to an Access database, now the customers are asking for a MySql and MsSql server back end database. MySql handles True and False values through the bit field without any problems, MsSql doesn't. I can't even use the words True or False in an Sql statement. This means I have to write two loads of code for every transaction where there is a true/false value involved, a complete pain. It also gives me the problem of setting controls true/false value by checking a table field: chkAdmin.Checked = GetField("select admin...

Linking Excel and Access #2
I have created a new table in Access that is linked to an Excel spreadsheet using the "Get External Data" command under the File menu. When I change the data in Excel the changes are not reflected in Access. After I close down Excel I get a message box saying "File Now Available" and a read only version of my Excel file appears. It looks like Access is looking for the linked data in this read only flie rather than my real file. Why is this read only file being created? How can I get the Access table to update properly when I change the data in Excel? ...

Only one user at a time can access OWA
Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem. Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT but a hacking attack put paid to that system! Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this problem anywhere else. Any suggestions welcomed Regards Mike Cameron cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote: >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at >any one time. As...