Access to public folders from exchange system manager - Exchange 200

Hi

When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502. Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no access via OWA.

Does anyone have any ideas

0
anonymous (74722)

Hey,

Check the public folder settings in the IIS. It can be a security error.

Razza
"designled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public
folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502.
Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no
access via OWA.

> Does anyone have any ideas.

0
ruwand (40)
4/20/2004 7:33:23 AM
Sorry

The http error message is 404, not 502 as previously mentioned. The public folders are mounted though and can be accessed via an Outlook Client, we are still able to access some public folders via OWA, just not all of them.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/20/2004 7:36:05 AM
IIS was my first port of call when the problem first occured, as far as I can see the security setting for the folders that we cant access are identical to those we can.
0
anonymous (74722)
4/20/2004 7:51:05 AM
So, what is the exact error message that you get when you click on Public
Folders in Exchange System Manager?  You can access public folders through
Outllook, because Outlook is a MAPI client.  OWA and ESM should have the
same behavior.  Can you access your public folder using
http://servername/public?
Give me as much info as you can so we can narrow down your problem.

_Mauricio.

newsgroup purposes only."

"designled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public
folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502.
Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no
access via OWA.

> Does anyone have any ideas.

0
mencina (41)

CRM 3 Exchange Router
Hello, My Exchange Router will not forward e-mail to the CRM Server. We are running CRM 3 with and Exchange 2000 server. Here is the error messages in the Event Log: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040E0E): Bookmark is invalid. at ADODB.RecordsetClass.MoveNext() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ProcessMailbox(ExchangeSinkServiceMailbox mailbox) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceCore.ExecuteService() Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Verifying bef...

esm shows wrong exchange server version
I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + Hotfix MS05-021. Exchange System manager still shows Build 6249.4 SP3. Should ESM show a higher Build number ? Thanks for any replies. MC IIRC, ESM only shows SP4 on clustered servers that have the update applied to them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OW%23lRuARFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

How do I globally delete the Reading Pane in folders?
How do I globally change/delete the Reading Pane in already created folders? ...

Team Folders migration from 5.5 to 2003
Are there any known issues with migrating Exchange/Outlook Team Folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 using PFMigrate? We have many Team Folders on our older Exchange 5.5 server that we MUST migrate over to Exchange 2003 with full functionality Thanks, FastEddie These are Team Folders created with the Team Folders Wizard? I don't know whether PFMigrate will migrate the folder home page setting and the custom form that a couple of the folders use. You may need to handle those manually. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Public folders #9
I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming Can anyone help m thanks "cisca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a tool or a methode that can write all the properties of the public folders to a file. >Now I'm doing ik manual, but it isn time-consuming. >Can anyone help me PFADMIN or PFINFO can do this. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

seperate accounts to seperate folders?
Hi I just had a quick question... I am currently using Outlook 2003, and I have 2 pop3 email accounts se up in my outlook.....one of them is my personal company email and th other is the general comapny email address (which i am responsible fo checking). What i am trying to find out how to do is, is it possibl to have the general company email messages go directly to a seperat folder besides the inbox? I still want my personal company email t come to the Inbox folder, but i want the general company email to go t a folder called "SCS." Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank...

retrieving folders.old file

Replicating folders
I am having a strange issue with tasks replicating for no apparent reason. Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Anyone run across something like this before? Deleted 34 blank tasks and the next day there were 14 new ones. ...