Access OWA during exchange offline

Dear All

AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange server
down or offline.
My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange server
is offline?

thank you..

0
taufik (36)

In news:%23YTtmu97FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Muhamad Taufik Khasim <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> typed:
> Dear All
>
> AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange
> server down or offline.
> My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange
> server is offline?
>
> thank you..

No.....only when your mailbox is accessible.

0
lanwench (7567)

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

Microsoft Access Subform Question
Group, I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES), sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to reference this data? http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table relationship) Robert Hello Robert, If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource of [txTotalPayment] enter: =[Paymen...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

Does Access work properly under Vir PC?
Hi Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? I could not use it with my old ver of Vir PC MS Access works fine (although slowly) in virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <047501c3cee4$fbf13460$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Tom" <gamedayphoto@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi > Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? > I could...

Mailshots from Exchange 2007
In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages being sent in short period of time? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4d2d823d-471f-4298-bfc2-c9f3b9f72b38@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block > mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages > being sent in short period of time? > yaro Do you believe that you are being attacked from a spammer relaying me...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

Using OUTPUT TO in VBA, then how to modify the XLS from Access?
I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send a query over to Excel, however we will have many users and we would like to programmatically add the header rows, date printed, turn on the auto filter and freeze panes, all of which I can do within a Macro in Excel, but how do I call that macro to run from Access and How to run it on the file that they just created? Current Code: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "MainRptWUser", acFormatXLS, , True "ThriftyFinanceGirl" wrote: > I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send...

Exchange 2003 (Co-existing w/2000)
We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for Exch2003. Should this affect anything with the current Exchange 2000 environment? Thanks, Terry On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:43:41 -0500, TS wrote: > We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an > Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. > Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for > Exch20...

migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me to be ready to install the AD connector that would help me out with my migration. What are the cons of doing this?? is it safe. Do any have other steps in order for me to prepare for this migration? Thanks in Advance I recently loaded a 2k3 server on my doamin for a migration I'm working on. I used the checklist MS provieds and all worked well. I didn't have a single issue and the server is working well. "Juan" wrote: > I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me > to be ready to install...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Store Limit
I have Exchange 2003 Standard edition. My current Priv.edb size is 13GB and my priv.stm file is 3.2GB. I know there is a 16GB limit per database. How can I be over that number and still have mail flowing? Is it because I have so much whitespace in the database(almost 3GB) acording to event 1221 in the application log. Thanks Greg White space doesn't really come into play here, as it still counts towards total file size. Could also be that the displayed file size is a bit off as Explorer views it. Either way, once you hit the 16gb limit, the Information store *will* shut down...

OWA not reading Japanese character
Hello, has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, however using Oulook Client, the characters appear perfectly. The japanese language has been added in owa server as well as on the client pc (control panel, regional /language option). Any hint/help most welcome. Thanks Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. -Shamika "albert" wrote: > Hello, > has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not > being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, > however using Ou...

A little help with access forms.
I am in the process of converting an Access 2002 db to use SQL Server 2000 as the backend. I have found a bug that is giving me fits. I know it is because of my own ignorance as to how Access forms work. I have a form that pulls from a local query that joins two tables. I have a second form that opens when a button is pushed on the first form. The second form updates one of the tables called from the first form. After the update and I close the second form, the first form is unchanged. Even if I refresh the record or scroll to another one, the record appears to be unchanged. If I close the md...

Exchange server consolidation inquiry
Here is a scenario I want some help. CompanyA and CompanyB both are in windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000 servers in each domain. Being sister companies, we have external trust set up between domains for resource sharing. Both companies are going to join our parent company forest/domain in near future and will assume the parent company domain name CompanyCXX.com. At this time Both CompanyA and CompanyB have two way trust relationship with CompanyCXX.com Our intention is to build a new exchange server and move information from CompanyA and CompanyB to the new exchange server User...

IE 7 with Exchange 2003 SP2
Hi, System: Exchange 2003 back-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 front-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Problem, After my customer apply the IE 7 on the both front-end and back-end Exchange 2003 servers, problem occurs on the Exchange system. 1.) From ESM, attemp to access help at any where, application crash occurs (This can be solve by un-install IE7) 2.) Offline address book does not work. Does anybody have this problem and how to solve it. Cheers, Didn't read your post until now because I didn't associate IE 7 with System Manager Help. Fou...

Utility.mda issue in Access 2007
I have a major problem. We have several hundred Access databases. All have a reference to utility.mda. Since this is no longer a part of Access we have a problem. Every database doesn't function properly. Removing the reference seems to solve the problem.My question is if there is a way to remove this reference in bulk. I don't want to have to open and alter the reference in every single database.Suggestions anyone?Steve Hi Steve,No, it will have to be removed individually from each affectedapplication. However, it would be fairly easy to create a newapplication that would step throu...