Accept relayed mail to our domain.....

Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?

Careerbuilder is relaying email to us as and we are the destination, but it
is bouncing off our server. What would cause this? The email address accepts
mail from other domains no problem.

Thanks in advance,

CB
0
cb (71)

Can we see the [full unedited, with just e-mail addresses removed] bounce?

--
Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm for how to make good post.

Text from most dialog boxes can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

0
kpalagin (1838)
7/23/2005 4:54:21 AM
"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
>our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?

Sure. If you're using RBL's and the server that's talking to your
machine is listed on one of the RBL's you use. You may also have them
in your own list of prohibited IP addresses.

>Careerbuilder is relaying email to us

And their IP address is . . . ?

If it's 66.45.113.179 they're lsted in only one place that i can find:

http://www.moensted.dk/spam

>as and we are the destination, but it
>is bouncing off our server. What would cause this?

Well, I suppose you could ask the admin why this happens, ;>

You'll have to better define what you mean by "bouncing". Are you
sending them a NDR? Or are you simply dropping the connection?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I tracked it down to the user....We do not allow email internet mail FROM
our own domain into our mailservers and because he was test applying for a
job from his outlook client aka 'user@ourdoman.com' from the internet it
refused his emails to himself.

We had too many fake admin@ourdomain.com.

As always thanks for your help.

=-)

-CB

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there a feature that prevents exchange from accepting email DESTINED for
> >our domain if it has been relayed from elsewhere?
>
> Sure. If you're using RBL's and the server that's talking to your
> machine is listed on one of the RBL's you use. You may also have them
> in your own list of prohibited IP addresses.
>
> >Careerbuilder is relaying email to us
>
> And their IP address is . . . ?
>
> If it's 66.45.113.179 they're lsted in only one place that i can find:
>
> http://www.moensted.dk/spam
>
> >as and we are the destination, but it
> >is bouncing off our server. What would cause this?
>
> Well, I suppose you could ask the admin why this happens, ;>
>
> You'll have to better define what you mean by "bouncing". Are you
> sending them a NDR? Or are you simply dropping the connection?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

cb (71)
7/23/2005 6:26:04 PM
"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tracked it down to the user....We do not allow email internet mail FROM
>our own domain into our mailservers and because he was test applying for a
>job from his outlook client aka 'user@ourdoman.com' from the internet it
>refused his emails to himself.
>
>We had too many fake admin@ourdomain.com.

Yeah, I block that SMTP address too (and others). Unfortunately, the
marketing folks continue to employee outside services that spoof our
domain for mail sent to employees, so blocking mail from our own
domain isn't practical. They do receive a goodly number of "points"
for doing this, and their mail often winds up being quarantined until
they think to tell me they hired some new company to mail this stuff
and I can whitelist the IP. :(

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Open Relay #4
HELP! All of a sudden I have become an open relay. There are hundreds of emails sending out from my server a minute. I am now on all kinds of spam lists! How can I stop this! Sorry about the version, I thought we were in the Exchange 5.5 group, which is what I have. Thanks for your help! >-----Original Message----- >"Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >news:367f01c4294f$b0545ad0$a101280a@phx.gbl... >> HELP! All of a sudden I have become an open relay. >> There are hundreds of emails sending out from my server a >...

OL2003 & Inbox w/ MSN Mail
Currently my OL2003 Inbox doesn't retrieve any email at all. When I attempted to associate an email service with the Inbox (my MSN mail), it created an entirely new set of personal folders (this group was called MSN), with a separate MSN Inbox, which DOES collect email. The problem is that several pieces of software, including ActiveSync, look ONLY to the original Inbox under Personal Folders. How can I get the "original" Inbox to collect mail again? Thanks, Brian ...

Remote users cannot send e-mail through Outlook
I have a few users who do not work in our office. They have Outlook installed on their home computers and then dial up to the internet and do a send/receive. I have Exchange 2k3 on a Windows 2k server and the users are configured to allow for SMTP/POP3. All was working fine until earlier this week when they informed me that they could no longer "send" mail. They get the message "The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by your mail server. If this problem persists, contact your LAN Administrator or Internet Provider". The users can still receive mail ...

Restore e-mails from Outlook 2007 to .Me / Mail
Mac user in peace. I run Apple's Mail which syncs via .Me (formerly .Mac) with my iPhone. I use Parallels to create a virtual machine on which runs Windows XP. I have a ..pst file originaly created by Outlook 2003 wihch I want to open (I own a copy of Outlook XP which being a previous version, will not open the pst). I have downloaded a 60-day trial of Office Small Business 2007 to open the pst. On set up I created an e-mail account by using my existing .Me account. Outlook 2007 has successfully opend up my old PST file, however on first send/receive it has not just opend my ....

verify contact mailing address
Hello, Until recently whenever I eneter a mailing address in a contact outlook 2007 would throw up a small dialog asking me to verify the structure of the address. This was very usefull as we often do searches by post (zip) code or county (state) etc. This seems to have stopped! Is there any way I can turn it back on? Did that make sense? Stuart 1. Open any new or existing contact. 2. Click the button for the Home, Business or Other address. 3. Check the box for "Show this again when address is incomplete or unclear." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author o...

Outlook 2000 errors when receiving incoming mail
I have all the upgrades to SP3. My Outlook keeps reporting an error messgage and exits to the main window. This happens when incoming mail arrives. Any "understandable" fixes... You might check for a virus, then run scanpst.exe on you pst file. I this fails then run detect and repair under help. This is what I would try first, then reinstall last. Just some ideas ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0
Hi, group, I have problems to send e-mail from CRM 4.0 I have the e-mail router and the test is OK. I see the folowing error in the Server: (Some words are in Spanish) Thanks in advance..! ERROR FROM EVENT LOG Tipo de suceso: Advertencia Origen del suceso: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Categor�a del suceso: Evento Web Id. suceso: 1309 Fecha: 02/11/2008 Hora: 11:47:01 Usuario: No disponible Equipo: SERVER02 Descripci�n: C�digo de evento: 3005 Mensaje de evento: Excepci�n no controlada. Tiempo de evento: 02/11/2008 11:47:01 Tiempo de evento (UTC): 02/11...

IS doesn't start after installing exchange 2k3 in child domain
We are installing exchange 2003 in a child domain of a domain tree where an exchange 2003 server already exists in the parent domain. Netdiag and DCDiag were both performed before installation and indicated no problems with the general setup. The account used to install exchange has Full Exchange Administration rights at the org. level. The installation completes without any error messages, but it is impossible to start the information store. The store refuses to start and events 9153, 1121 and 5000 are then logged in the event log. Event 1121: Error 0x8004010f connecting to the Microsoft Ac...

Upgrade AD when adding 2008 Server to Domain
We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy acts weird on the new server. Sometimes printers do not show up, then the run command is enabled, then at times the task manager is enabled. We try and lock down all of our TS Servers. Thank you for your assistance. Howdie! Patriot schrieb: > We have added a new Windows 2008 Server (which will be a Terminal Server) to > our Windows 2003 AD Domain. Do we need to update the AD Schema? Our AD Policy > acts weird on...

Constant mail retreival
Outlook keep retreiving messages even when the program has been terminated....makes it impossible to retreive mail remotely. A reboot solves the problem for a day or two them it starts again. I'm having the same problem on a win98se machine and a win xp pro machine ...both are outlook 2000. Any suggestions??? Something is preventing your Outlook from closing properly. Most likely it is caused by an add-in like a virusscanne, spamfilter, WinFAX or synchronisation software. Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto...

E-mail from Bank One I received today
Below is an e-mail that Bank One (ie FirstUSA) e-mailed me today when I questioned what would happen to MS Money direct downloads as they merged their website with Chase (which DOES NOT direct download). Anyone who values these direct downloads, might want to contact them and let them know how valuable this service is to their customers. Their new Chase website is up and running. It looks great, but it doesn't direct download into Money. Lori, As your credit card company, we value your business. It is important to us that we provide you with timely information regarding your accou...

E-mail Probleme
Ichhabe ein neues notebook mit Vista und will ein email konto einrichten. Der Empfang fuktioniert einwandfrei aber ich kann nicht senden. Es kommt die Meldung SMTP Server nicht korrekt. Trotz mehrfacher Kontoeinrichtung bekomme ich kein korrektes Ergebnis. Was tun ?. Ich bin kein IT Fachmann und ben�tige detaillierte Anleitung. [Forwarded to microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges newsgroup via crosspost] Heidi Neumann wrote: > Ichhabe ein neues notebook mit Vista und will ein email konto einrichten. > Der Empfang fuktioniert einwandfrei aber ich kann nicht senden...

In Windows Live Mail
While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I don't have to enter the information from right to left, which appears to be the solution? -- KCW "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B8B51E7-24B7-4CB8-A851-D87BCF5A5676@microsoft.com... > While using this program for email messages, I get the copyright symbol instead of the parenthetical (c) which I intend. How do I change this so I don't have to enter the information from right t...

Unreadable Outlook 2007 incoming e-mails
Why do I received e-mails that look like the following. And what can I do to clean them up/actually read them? Thanks in advance. <http://Email1.paypal.com/1x1.dyn?1FkA0Nv5CM1Rmh4DyOpxA-gNJ=0> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> <https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/images/marketing_us/pp_merc h_news_blank.gif> March 2009 PayPal <http://Email1.paypal.com/u.d?J4Gtv5F3WVSrGX8nydh=1> the briefin...

new mail goes straight to trash
When I receive new mail it goes straight to the trash folder skipping the inbox. Trash meaning the Junk folder or Deleted Items? Either way, only message rules or blocked senders can do this, (unless it's a third party spam program folder). Check blocked senders. You probably blocked your own address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "phil7578" <phil7578@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE617CF6-B7B4-4B71-B728-5EB33740249A@microsoft.com... > When I receive new mail it goes straight to the tr...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP Bert Wicks Rockhampton Australia "Bert Wicks" <bertwicks@live.com.au> wrote in message news:uFtyvQBbKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Servi...

getting other folders than inbox synchronized when checking internet mail
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. can I download mail messages from an internet based account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than my inbox? Merrav <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. > can I download mail messages from an internet based > account (defined as pop3) that are in a folder other than > my inbox? If you want messages received with another account to go into a folder other than Inbox, you'll have to create a rule to move them there. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson A...

E-mail hyperlinks-need to disable these #2
In Excel 2000 (I know, should update the program, but since I am low-level in a large government agency, this is not an option), is it possible to turn off the automatic creation of a hyperlink when entering an e-mail address? I'd like these to show as plain text, but I can't find any solution other than individually removing the hyperlink, but this is a pain when many addresses are created. I saw a solution for Excel 2002, but this doesn't appear in 2000 (Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths ...

Outlook mail always shows as unread on startup.
I have outlook 2000, when I open outlook all my emails show as unread even if I know I have read them, if I scroll down the email list and backup the screen refreshes and they all turn to read even the email I know I have not read!? I have read a couple of knowledge base articles, they suggested that I could have a problem with a profile or two conflicting settings such as having an exchange mail profile and a pop3 or IMAP, even though the latter was definitely not the case I have deleted the pofile and started from new, this did not solve the problem. I then uninstalled office an...

Certain e-mails get bounced back to me with the following error.
Please help, Certain contacts I could send to recently now come back undelivered with the following error message. I have looked into the knowledge base and nothing matches. 553 Sorry, that domain isn't allowed (#5.7.1) Thank you in advance for any assistance. Lance You may need to authenticate to your outgoing server, which can be set up on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Lance Stevens" <lance_of_denver@yahoo.com> wr...

Creating Mail Box
I can not create mailbox when i add new user to our domain controller with exchange server 2003. I already update Recipient Update services and problem is still exist. I can get it by restarting mail server. The exchange update services are not running when i create mailbox. any idea? thanks, Min Thein Kyaw "=?Utf-8?B?TWluIFRoZWluIEt5YXc=?=" <Min Thein Kyaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:6437F1F2-E054-4CB2-A48C-A9E607B1A958@microsoft.com: > I can not create mailbox when i add new user to our domain controller > with exchange server 2003. I already update...

Force Account Selection on Sending Mail
I have quite a few email accounts setup in my Outlook. From time to time I need email to go out through a specific account. Most of the time I forget to pick that account from the "Accounts" drop down menu. Is there a way to force Outlook to prompt me for the account to use when sending new mail? I'm open to third party software if that's an option. thanks, ..brit Try looking at http://www.slipstick.com for third party add-ins. Outlook cannot force an account choice. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All u...

Exchange 2003 event sink to alert via email when email is sent to a particular domain?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in writing a exchange 2003 event sink which will send an email alert/or write to a file when a email is sent to a particular domain? Any help would be appreciated. Matthew You should post this kind of question in the development newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <matthew@millers.id.au> wrote in message news:1163600143.175377.165030@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction i...

How to Append Text to Outbound E-Mail on Exch2003
Hi, can I easily add some text (disclaimer) to every outgoing SMTP mail on Exchange 2003 server (as like as Imsext.dll on Exch 5.5)? Or I have to buy some (which one?) third-party software? Thanks. T. GFI Mail Essentials can do this. Take the trial, after trial expires, the disclaimer part keeps working! "flyok" <flyok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54B715CE-AE6B-4585-8939-FEE3EB3C568F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > can I easily add some text (disclaimer) to every outgoing SMTP mail on > Exchange 2003 server (as like as Imsext.dll on Exch 5.5)? Or I h...

Problems with Spam-Relay Exch 5.5
Hello, if I look into Configuration -> Connections -> Internet Mail Service -> Queue There are often entries like this: Target Host: yahoo.ca Sender: <> How can someone use our Mailserver as Relay for spamming? We have routing restricions so that only autheticated Clients are allowed. If I check via telnet 25 the server there is a message "relaying is prohibited" displayed. What else can I do to make the server more secure? Regards, Claus-Stefan, MCSA "Claus-Stefan Duffner" <duffner.claus-stefan@koepfer.com> wrote in message news:OWlJX8NOEHA.3044@...