A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)

We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an
intermittent basis.  I've looked around on the interent and only finds
articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5).  Does anyone
have any thoughts on this.

Thanks,

KB
0
Kb (15)

when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking
your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a
reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail
firewalls that do rev lookups etc.

"KB" wrote:

> We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an
> intermittent basis.  I've looked around on the interent and only finds
> articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5).  Does anyone
> have any thoughts on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> KB
0
Eddie1 (114)
6/16/2005 7:57:10 PM
Sorry fogot --also check your dns to make sure that those failure were able
to find the other person's mx record. this will eliminate dns from the scope
of the issue

"KB" wrote:

> We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an
> intermittent basis.  I've looked around on the interent and only finds
> articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5).  Does anyone
> have any thoughts on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> KB
0
Eddie1 (114)

Recently used e-mail address lists
Once in awhile I will type in an e-mail address improperly. Once that has occurred, if I ever want to send an e-mail to the proper address, the incorrectly spelled address pops up as one of the options in the outlook (to:) address line. Does anyone know how to modify the e-mail address list without completely deleting it? Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of the field. To clear the entire cache, foll...

Exchange SErvices don't stop normally
We have a batch file that stops all services before a full backup everynight. All of a sudden the Exchange services started to misbehave. The MSExchangeIMC stops ok, then MSExchangeMTA and that's it. All of the other services don't stop even though they should. In the Event Viewer it's recorded Event ID 2000 (right after the MTA stops), source MSExchangeIS saying "Event ID 2000: Verify that the Microsoft Exchange MTA has started. Consecutive ma-open calls are failing with error 3051. If we reboot the server, that night the batch file can successfully shut down all services...

Maximum number of recepients for an e-mail message?
What is the maximum number of recepients I can have for an e-mail message using Outlook 2003? Aloha Ed, Depends upon a lot of factors - including what settings your e-mail server has. There isn't a hard and fast answer. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > What is the maximum number of recepients I can have for an e-mail > message using Outlook 2003? > ...

How to dismiss message box without user input?
Hi, I'm writing a dialog-based application that runs on one UI (main) thread and 2 worker threads. All threads displays message boxes using AfxMessageBox() every now and then. These messages overlap on top of another and a thread is blocked until the message box shown by itself is closed by the user. What I want is that the application shows at most one message box at all times. That is, a new message box will close an existing one (if any) before it shows. I can think of several approaches: 1. To get the handle of the message box and close it. I'm assuming it's a CWnd o...

creating mail list from column in external database
Did a bit of googling on this, but I'm mostly finding 3rd party solutions for this, there must be a way to to this with what I have. We are using outlook 2000 on exchange 2003, and I have a table in an Oracle 9i database that has a column with email addresses in it. One of the users want to have a mailing list or address book current with what is in the database, as automated as possible. Exporting a list and importing it would be easy enough, but I'd sooner not go this route as it would have to be done everytime the database changed. I'm the Oracle DBA, so I'm not real...

Unified Messaging with Outlook 2003
Anybody have any experiencing with Unifed messaging clients running with Outlook 2003 in Cached Server Mode? Thanks, scott ...

Outlook Error Message #11
Getting the following pop-up error message while in Outlook 2000. Unable to update public free/busy data. Operation failed. This seems to come up at different times. Nothing to indicate any one thing. Help... Jon ...

Changing the Excel sheet in mail merge
When attempting to change the sheet that is used from an excel 2007/2010 (xlsx) file in mail merge in Publisher 2007 and 2010 technical preview, (by selecting Edit Recipient List > Select an existing list), I get the message that the file is already open. However if I am using an excel 2003 (xls) file, it works fine and asks me which sheet I want to select. Is there a way to change the sheet being used in an xlsx file, or do I need to save all of my worksheets in an older format? Did you ask if this is a bug on the Connect web site? If the merge works when you save the Excel file t...

How Do I setup two in boxs for e-mails
I want to have two in boxes for two different e-mail address's, One for me and One for my wife MNSibs wrote: > I want to have two in boxes for two different e-mail address's, One > for me and One for my wife Set up two profiles in Outlook. It's hard to give you more info as your post was very vague. It's best to post by including a concise summary of your question in the subject line, and the full details of your question in the body of your post. Always include your version/mode/SP level of Outlook (from Help | About), what kind of mail account(s) you use, and any oth...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

PDF Attachments in Win Live Mail
Since Windows Mail was moved to Windows Live, I can't open PDF attachments to emails without moving them to Desktop or somewhere, not directly from clicking on the attachment in the email. This seems uncessary and I must be missing something, but I don't know what. Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Windows Mail in Windows Vista. Applies to WLMail as well. http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA &...

windows mail
yesterday i could send and receive emails. today I can only send emails. I have not altered settings(cannot vouch for rest of family). error message I am getting when trying to receive email is - Account: 'pop.supanet.com', Server: 'pop.supanet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC 90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 any help would be welcome! First, test your password by logging in to your webmail: If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for...

OWA and downloading messages?
Hello! This is my first time to this newsgroup, and I am wondering if it is possible to save or download all my messages from Outlook Web Access to some permanent form. I just graduated and my university is going to cut off my account so I will no longer have access to that email, but I don't want to lose those messages (or save each message individually to some .doc form or something). I have never used Outlook as a desktop form so all my 40MB-worth of messages are on that web form, and I don't know how to save these messages in one fell swoop (or if it is even possible)...

Replace default error message dialog box with customized one
Hi all, Is there a way for me to replace an error message in a pop-up (such as "The field 't_PondData.PondID' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to True. Enter a value in this field.") with my own, more easily understandable message for the baffled, non-Access whiz (e.g., "A pond name must be entered first")? Thank you, Jill Jill Check Access HELP for information about MsdBox(). Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services me...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822? #2
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...

Using a hosted service for RMS
Can this be done? Can Store operations be ran from 3 separate locations that are all attached to one server? Each location would have it's own store ops license. If it can be done can MSDE handle that? In other words if their are 3 databases on the hosting server running MSDE can all three stores attach to the corresponding databases through MSDE? Some of the issues that concern me are that Store Ops needs to be ran locally on each machine that uses it so there is still maintenence to be done locally. Would Store OPs need to be installed 3 times on that server and can that be done? ...

pop mail wil not send
Hi, I use exchange server 2003 on a windows 2003 server. I have a problem with sending mail by POP. An user used exchange (2003) mail in outlook that worked fine. Now that user wants to use pop mail so he will not have a permanent connection to a server, he receives mail but cannot send mail. Do I have to configure something on the exchange server? I saw when I use WEB mail that I cannot send mail using web mail. I press send an the mail went to the draft folder. What do I miss configured? Robert You do not send mail by POP3. You send it by SMTP. Any error message when user sends? giro wr...

service contracts 08-31-05
Hi!, I'm using the service module in two different ways. Firstly, by making a contract that the client is buying in advance hours of technical support and each case is followed by an appointment with our technitian and the client. When the appointment ends the hours are deducted by the total allotments of the contract. My first question is: can i change the total allotments field to count hours and not minutes?. The second way is when the client doesn't have a contract but he calls anytime he wants and asks for a technitian. The appointment is set and when it closes it charge...

E-mail does not diplay in "My Recieved E-mails".
When i send an e-mail to other user in Microsoft CRM System. E-mail does not appear in "My Recieved E-mails". PS: Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router installed. Any one have any ideas? Check under "HISTORY" "THY" <THY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF6DDBE5-A9FC-47E8-AAC8-F9F8F2371763@microsoft.com... > When i send an e-mail to other user in Microsoft CRM System. E-mail does > not > appear in "My Recieved E-mails". > > PS: Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router installed. > > Any one have any ideas? ...

exporting e-mail lists
hello I need help. I created e-mail lists in outlook and created distubution lists. I try to export my e-mail lists but it does not see the 2 folders with all my names and add in it. { they are not any add in the contacts they all in these 2 sub folders}So now I have the lists in ms word saved in rich text format. How can I get them from word and install them into a new server with out typing them all in again?? I guess i need to covert them in a comma seperated file from ms word. Please help Thank you Brian If you're just trying to copy data from one Outlook machine to another Outlook ma...

message tracking logs
I turned on message tracking, where are those logs and what are they called? ps- using exchange 5.5 "dlw" wrote: > I turned on message tracking, where are those logs and what are they called? Just use Message Tracking Center in Exchange System Manager. Much easier to use. If you need the logs: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ServerName.log Nue "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7646355-AB88-4F4D-B6CF-FC56697920CE@microsoft.com... >I turned on message tracking, where are those logs and what are they >called? missed the Exch 5....

Moved Mailbox unable to recieve mail
I am in the process of deploying additional exchange 2003 servers in a small organization. The organization has three locations in total all connected via DSL lines. The organization has a total of about 75 employees, however, having only one exchange server, causes problems with bandwidth as employees in the remote offices send large attachments to other employees in their office. When I created a second exchange 2003 and move the mailboxes of employees to that server, users can send emails to the entire organization, but when someone who is attached to the original exchange server atte...

windows mail
I am having a problem with Vista windows mail, the problem is.... I had an email stuck in the outbox, went through the system with windows explore and deleted the windows mail outbox file, upon restarting windows mail, it still shows 2 bold emails are still in outbox, but when I click on outbox, there is nothing there. What do I need to do to get it to show that there are no new outbox emails???? -- jamcrodii ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamcrodii's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/177646.htm View this thread: http://f...

Filtering incoming/outgoing mail
Is there a way to filter all incoming mail from a specific domain, and all outgoing mail to the same domain, and keep copies somewhere? The recipient should still get the original, but have a copy saved/journaled somewhere? This needs to be done globally, as many people are involved. Exchange 2003, SP2 Thank you. Ed I do not believe that this functionality is exposed through the interface although a Transport Event sink should be able to do the job. Nue "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:OSV0CoDeGHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a ...

This message keeps returning when I Send/hit the Send/Receive butt
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'melray@'. Subject 'Fw: : Coming to an airport, near you...', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'mail.pacific.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...