554 error client host rejected wrong mail relay using Exchange 2003 /w SP2

 I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail to.

We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2.

Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR record?

Or...

In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but within
Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would this be
causing the issue?

      john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM

            There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's
email server.  Please contact your system administrator.

            <domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 [x.x.x.x]>: Client host rejected:
wrong mail relay - use your isp mail server to send mail.. bye!>

Thanks.

0
john9859 (28)

They can do this for a number of reasons, including the one you
mentioned. They also can think you are on dynamic IP or blacklisted.
Contact them and ask what specifically they do not like about you.

--

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
4/24/2006 9:08:56 AM
You could also set the FQDN of the server to be mail2.abc.com and then make
sure the outbound (public) IP address matches the PTR record for
mail2.abc.com.

Nue
"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message
> They can do this for a number of reasons, including the one you mentioned.
> They also can think you are on dynamic IP or blacklisted.
> Contact them and ask what specifically they do not like about you.
>
> John wrote:
>>  I seem to be getting this error on a few domains that I'm sending mail
>> to.
>>
>> We are using Windows 2003 /w Exchange 2003 SP2.
>>
>> Any idea's? Is this caused by a external DNS issue on the A or PTR
>> record?
>>
>> Or...
>>
>> In external DNS we have our email server setup as mail2.abc.com but
>> within Exchange we have our email server setup as mail1.abc.com would
>> this be causing the issue?
>>
>> The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
>>
>>       john@abc.com on 21/04/2006 9:54 AM
>>
>>             There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's
>> email server.  Please contact your system administrator.
>>
>>             <domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 [x.x.x.x]>: Client host rejected:
>> wrong mail relay - use your isp mail server to send mail.. bye!>
>>
>> Thanks.
> --
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase

0
imaneophyte (3004)

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

WCF Client serialization problem

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Viewer installer error