553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts

This is an error received from a user of Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2000
server, Exchange Server 5.5.  I've looked in the MS Knowledge Base and have
found nothing that addresses this.  Can anyone help?

0
anonymous (74722)

"None" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is an error received from a user of Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2000
>server, Exchange Server 5.5.  I've looked in the MS Knowledge Base and have
>found nothing that addresses this.  Can anyone help?

That error comes from either the target server or some intermediate
relay server, not from Exchange. IIRC, it's a qmail server that sends
that error.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

How do I add new symbols/pix to my bullet list?
Hello everyone! I am new to OneNote & I LOVE it... I am gradually learning all the features as I continue to use it for school + personal stuff. I cannot figure out how to add new bullets (symbols/pix/etc.) to my bullet list in onenote ~ it is driving me crazy! I want to have a completely new bullet on my bullet library list. Is there any way I can get one off of microsoft word or somewhere to permanently add to my bullet library on OneNote??? Please help! Or let me know if im even making sense.. I don't think it can be done. Only the default ones are available. Of cou...

Converting Distribution List to Mailbox
Quick question: I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then recreating it as a mailbox the easiest way to get this done? Thanks in advance, Vik Sorry I forgot to add we're using Exchange Enterprise 2K3 with Windows 2003 Server standard. "Vik" wrote: > Quick question: > > I have a distribution list that a user wants to convert to a mailbox. Is > deleting the distribution list with all its members/e-mail addresses, then > recreating it as a mail...

Domain Admin can't create mailbox
I think I may have worked myself out of a certain permission and I can't figure out which one it is. I'm a domain admin but I can't add a mailbox to a user account through ADUC. Most time, running domainprep will solve permission problems, without negative impacts... -- "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2DBE79-A70B-4300-9504-2BD599EBB781@microsoft.com... >I think I may have worked myself out of a certain permission and I can't > figure out which one it is. I'm a domain admin but I can't add a ...

Ooh .. Linking a list to a list to an output cell
I have a single cell in which i enter the price of a home. Elsewhere, I have two columns of ten items each: one column is formulated to give relative prices based on the price entered in the single cell, and the column adjacent to this column describes these numbers in nominal terms (i.e. ten items in increments of five percent: "25% more" .. " 0% change" .. "25% less"). Further along, I have a list box created which uses the nominal column at the Source for the list. I would like to have a cell adjacent to the list box cell which will give the price b...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Drop Down List Questions
Hi, I have a couple of problems with drop down lists I was hoping to get some help on: 1) The drop down lists appear with the list displayed in the middle of the list instead on the first item, can that be changed so the list appears at the top of the list instead of in the middle? 2) Two of the columns are an item name (A) followed by the item number (B). Is it possible to have the item number in column B enter automaticly based on the name I select in column A? Thanks in advance, Tagg Hi for the second question you may use VLOOKUP. See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/vlooku...

URGENT! E-mail blocked from certain domains !!
Hello, We upgraded since last week to exchange 2003, but certain domains can't send e-mail to us! this is an error i get in event viewer: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #207. The client at "217.136.228.82" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server responded with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "xexch50 2372 2". This will probably cause the connection to fail. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I can't find anything on the web a...

5.5 multiple domains
If our company sets up another little branch within our office but wants a separate email address for those guys (in addition to an email address for them from the main site) do I understand this correctly? We'll pretend the original company is called 'Sprockets Inc' and they are at sprockets.com We're a single site org (sprockets) and decide to start making cogs (yes, I'm an 80s child) so we register cogs.com Our ISP currently has mx(10) sprockets.com 200.20.20.50 (mail.sprockets.com) We ask them to add mx(10) cogs.com 200.20.20.50 (mail.cogs.com) In exchange 5.5 admin...

When I am asked to update an incident allow me to do so !!
Please use the following link to update your incident: https://mbs.microsoft.com/support/UpdateIncident.aspx?CaseNumber=8995744 In order to receive the most timely response and best service please use the above link. Please do not respond directly to this message via email. Microsoft Dynamics Incident Number: 8995744 Incident Type: Technical Support Subject: importing the data of excel budget in Great P Current Status: Open - Solution Delivered Not Confirmed Originated: 9/12/2007 12:34:00 PM PDT Originated by: Silverman Olson Thorvilson Authorized number: 6123739000 Regarding Customer: Eck...

Preventing certail domains from using * Address Space?
Due to an integration we need to ensure that ALL SMTP traffic to certain domains stays on our internal network tunnels and is delivered to a specific IP address in a separate Exchange Org. The problem is that even with a separate SMTP Connector with a cost of 1 we are still seeing some mail flow to our other higher cost connectors. How can this be prevented? Thank you for your help, Paul <pfortner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127494597.758768.269880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Due to an integration we need to ensure that ALL SMTP traffic to > certain domains stays ...

Allow multiple selections within a checkbox of items
How do I create the option within a form to select more than one option within a field? Shawna, Use checkboxes rather than option buttons. Option buttons are limited to one selection per frame - checkboxes are not. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shawna" <shawna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C447FF94-8454-4DC1-ADC2-3E0DDD7EFD61@microsoft.com... > How do I create the option within a form to select more than one option > within a field? ...

displaying trnsparent backgroung image in list control
I am displaying image on background in my list control i am using SetbkImage(); but area where rows and columns are inserted in list image is not displayed there it gets displayed only in area which is empty can it be displayed in whole area of listcontrol wether there is any data or not means can it be transparent pls help in OnInitDialog() where i am inserting coloumns i write the following code // Insert Background Image into the ListControl LVBKIMAGE bki; if (m_ctrlListNews.GetBkImage(&bki) && (bki.ulFlags ==LVBKIF_SOURCE_NONE)) { m_ctrlListNews.SetBkImage(TEXT("C:\\c...

addressbook/contact list
Do i need a hotmail account in order to see who is in my contact list?? Also after entering a name onto the list when i hit the contacts icon it shows as no contacts on list. \this is so different from outlook express. \how so \i access my contacts and where are all the names hiding ??? HELP PLEASE. If you have a Hotmail account, and your contact list exists on the Hotmail web site, then you need to "sign in" to WLM with your LiveID to access that (as well as your calendar). If you don't sign-in, you'll only be able to see your "local" (on your har...

"Not in list" event code
Hello everyone: I'm having problems with the below code for adding combo box input if input is not' in the list. What are the variables here that I must change the names of, etc...? I've tried a couple things but was not successful. Thank you! ********Code Start****************** Option Compare Database Private Sub Combo54_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available Document Number Name " & vbCrLf & vbC...

Adding a databound list box to excel ?
I need to add a databound list box to excel. I would like me to type in a cell, the contents of the listbox is from a MS Access database !, I just can't see any help in the excel help or google searches :( any help would be grateful Thanks Adrian Thompson ...

Check if Exchanges 2003 distribution list is valid from VBScript
My company recently upgraded from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003. Shortly before that, we upgraded our domain controllers from Windows NT 4.0 to Windows Server 2003. I maintain an ASP Web site which among other things needs to be able to let users specify the names of distribution lists and verify that those distribution lists are valid. Before the Exchange Server upgrade, I was able to do the latter with the following VBScript code: WindowsDomain = "<windows-domain-name>" ExchangeServer = "<exchange-server-host-name>" EmailDomain = "...

Last non-zero value in a vertical list of numbers
I want a formula that will identify the row number of the last non-zero value in a vertical list of numbers [non-sequential, cannot sort list and many zeros within list] For example Row Value 1 789 2 0 3 0 4 456 5 1234 6 23 7 345 8 0 In this case the answer is row 7 Please note I don't want to add extra columns or use macros Thanks in advance! Neil Hi try the following formula: =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A1000<>0),ROW(A1:A100)) >-----Original Message----- >I want a formula that will identify the row number of the last >non-zer...

Changing Default Address list
When my users look at their Outlook address book, I need it to display the "All Users" address list instead of the "Global Address List". How can I make this change for all users from the server? I know that I can change this setting if I go to each computer and change it in outlook, but that's not practical with the number of users we have. I need to be able to change everyone's default at once. Thanks for any help. ...

Verify Domain User account SPN error
Does anybody have any ideas where to look to solve the following error installing crm 3.0? "Verify Domain User account SPN for the Microsoft CRM ASP.NET Application Pool account." I hadsimilar errors. You need the SetSPN tool from the windows server registry kit. http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/setspn-o.asp has the tool. Then you need to register accounts in Active Directory. Good luck. took me like a week of searching trhough newsgroups to get my upgrade working. Perhaps you could also post the exact setspn commands you used. I have the ...

Secure Dist List
I need to create a dist list that has the following attributes 1- Only certain people can use this list. 2- The sender and receiver can not expand the list to see who is in the list. What is the best way to do this?? Thanks 1. set the permissions on the QBDL, who can send e-mail to, it is on the properties 2. Create QBDL since members are going to be build dynamically, Users wont be able to see the membership of QBDL http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Query_Based_Distribution_Groups.html http://www.consultusa.us/index.php?itemid=8 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu _____________...

Second domain need another SSL cert for OWA
Howdy I am running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server. I host two domains. users at both domains can log into OWA as user@domainname.com I.E joeuser@domainA.com and joeuser@domainB.com. My certificate on my server points to mail.domainA.com and because of this users from domainb.com must go to https://mail.domainA.com, to log into exchange. Domainb.com users want to log into OWA by typing https://mail.domainb.com instead of https://mail.domaina.com What DNS settings and cert settings do i need to make in order to make this happen? Thanks a bunch Have whomever is responsible for ...

Question about validation lists
What causes the validation list to change the range to add one or more empty cells to the end of the list. When playing round with the defined Name formula I notice it can change the range to include empty cells. Anyone got any thought on this? =OFFSET(Sheet3!$F$1,0,0,COUNTIF(Sheet3!$F:$F,"?*")) If there are blanks in column F followed by data that could cause it. --- HTH Bob Phillips "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24462E24-01B2-4649-A4BF-DBFA97F30CC7@microsoft.com... > What causes the validation ...

address book contacts list
Hello: I am having a problem with MSOO 2003 where as it will not let me do any entries into the address/contact list. Below are the errors I am getting. I have tried to delete the contacts folder but there is no delete option. I have read thru the help but everything I try does now work. I am at a loss and do not know what to do at this point. Any suggestions are welcome. The address list could not be displayed, the contacts folder associated w/this address list could not be opened. it may have been moved or deleted. Contacts Module to create this entry. Do not touch your Contacts ...

Offline Address List/Book Error (0x8004010F)
I am looking for some help. I am in a multiple Exchange 2003 SP2 & Outlook 2003, Windows 2000 domain. I am having a problem downloading the default offline address book from Outlook. When I try to download it I get error 0x8004010F. I have created a new Offline Address Book, which is allowing me to download the oab. I have issued a rebuild command on the default OAL/B, but with no luck. I have even specified the newly created OAL/B by browsing to it from the mailbox store, but no luck. Is there anything anyone can suggest to repair or fix the original OAB/L? Is a repair, if ...