552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198 exceeds maximum setting 20

Hello Folks,
I get the error "552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198
exceeds maximum setting 20"

The original message was received at Mon, 2 May 2005 11:18:00 +0300
(AST)
from ns1.piramide.nl [195.18.93.6]
<xxx@xxx.com>
.... while talking to [192.151.106.72]:
>>> DATA
<<< 552 momserver.riyadh.afg.com: your message counts in one session of
33 exceeds maximum setting 20
554 <xxx@xxx.com>... Service unavailable

Any insights?? It seems to be an issue with SMTP Virtual Server where
the default limit of messages per session is 20. But that's the default
setting and things were fine till now. Suddenly I see these messages
for couple of users.

I Appreciate your suggestions.

Good day,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
MVP - SUS / WSUS
I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif/category/1295.aspx

0
zkathif (51)

Is that for inbound or outbound messages?

"Athif [MVP-SUS/WSUS]" wrote:

> Hello Folks,
> I get the error "552 <FQDN>your message counts in one session of 198
> exceeds maximum setting 20"
>
> The original message was received at Mon, 2 May 2005 11:18:00 +0300
> (AST)
> from ns1.piramide.nl [195.18.93.6]
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <xxx@xxx.com>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to [192.151.106.72]:
> <<< 552 momserver.riyadh.afg.com: your message counts in one session of
> 33 exceeds maximum setting 20
> 554 <xxx@xxx.com>... Service unavailable
>
> Any insights?? It seems to be an issue with SMTP Virtual Server where
> the default limit of messages per session is 20. But that's the default
> setting and things were fine till now. Suddenly I see these messages
> for couple of users.
>
> I Appreciate your suggestions.
>
> Good day,
> Mohammed Athif Khaleel
> MVP - SUS / WSUS
> I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif/category/1295.aspx

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/3/2005 10:44:30 AM
Hi,
That's for messages comming from outside to our Exchange Organisation.
Like when a user from Yahoo or any other domain sends a message, he
gets that NDR.

Hope that answers your question.

Good day,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
MVP - SUS / WSUS
I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif/

0
zkathif (51)
5/3/2005 11:44:38 AM
Which of the 195.18.93.6, 192.151.106.72 is Exchange?
Do you have some kind of relay (like IIS SMTP or  firewall) between
Internet and Exchange machine?

"Athif [MVP-SUS/WSUS]" wrote:

> Hi,
> That's for messages comming from outside to our Exchange Organisation.
> Like when a user from Yahoo or any other domain sends a message, he
> gets that NDR.
>
> Hope that answers your question.
>
> Good day,
> Mohammed Athif Khaleel
> MVP - SUS / WSUS
> I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif/

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/3/2005 12:27:21 PM
Hi Kirill,
Thanks again for looking into this issue.

195.18.93.6: I have no idea of this server. May be this is the Mail
Relay Server for the user/sender who is sending the mail. I will check
this again.
192.151.106.72 is the Trend Anti Spam Server. This is the server which
gets all the email from our Mail Relay Server, it then scans for spams
and forwards the mail to the Smart Host which is the Exchange 2003
Cluster Server.

The main issue is why do users get such NDR. Note that the external
sender gets the NDR. I suspect to me an issue with SMTP Virtual Server
Properties - Messages TAB - Option# 3, Limit number of messages per
connection to = 20 which is the default.

Note that the Echange is Wndows Server 2003 with SP# 1 of Exchange.

Any ideas.
~Athif.

0
zkathif (51)
5/4/2005 4:41:03 AM
"Athif [MVP-SUS/WSUS]" wrote:

> Hi Kirill,
> Thanks again for looking into this issue.
>
> 195.18.93.6: I have no idea of this server. May be this is the Mail
> Relay Server for the user/sender who is sending the mail. I will check
> this again.
> 192.151.106.72 is the Trend Anti Spam Server. This is the server which
> gets all the email from our Mail Relay Server, it then scans for spams
> and forwards the mail to the Smart Host which is the Exchange 2003
> Cluster Server.

I would guess that 192.151.106.72 relays the messages to internal Exchange
without closing the connection, simply because inbound messages arrive
non-stop (at least during peak times).

> The main issue is why do users get such NDR. Note that the external
> sender gets the NDR. I suspect to me an issue with SMTP Virtual Server
> Properties - Messages TAB - Option# 3, Limit number of messages per
> connection to = 20 which is the default.

Either increase the limit or remove it altogether - in your setup not only
it is useless, but cripples mail flow. You can configure simillar limit at
192.151.106.72 if you wish.

> Note that the Echange is Wndows Server 2003 with SP# 1 of Exchange.
>
> Any ideas.
> ~Athif.

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/4/2005 10:23:41 AM
Comments in line...
Kirill Palagin wrote:
> "Athif [MVP-SUS/WSUS]" wrote:

<Snip>
> I would guess that 192.151.106.72 relays the messages to internal
Exchange
> without closing the connection, simply because inbound messages
arrive
> non-stop (at least during peak times).

Yes, I feel the same.

> > The main issue is why do users get such NDR. Note that the external
> > sender gets the NDR. I suspect to me an issue with SMTP Virtual
Server
> > Properties - Messages TAB - Option# 3, Limit number of messages per
> > connection to = 20 which is the default.

> Either increase the limit or remove it altogether - in your setup not
only
> it is useless, but cripples mail flow. You can configure simillar
limit at
> 192.151.106.72 if you wish.

I increased the limit to 30 with NO GO :-( . Removing it altogether
might not be a right apporach as it may be an added advantage to the
SPAM Mails. What do you say?

> ~Athif.

0
zkathif (51)
5/4/2005 1:59:28 PM
"Athif [MVP-WindowsServer]" wrote:

> <snip>
> I increased the limit to 30 with NO GO :-( . Removing it altogether
> might not be a right apporach as it may be an added advantage to the
> SPAM Mails. What do you say?
> > ~Athif.

Would not your anti-spam deal with the spam? ;-)
Seriously, if spam gets past filter either you will get them in batches of
30 or as stream makes little difference.
So remove the limit at Exchange and set it at the edge.

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/4/2005 6:42:30 PM
Cool. Let me try this out.

Thanks again,
~Athif

0
zkathif (51)
5/5/2005 4:42:48 AM
Hi  Kirill,
I increased the setting to 30 and since then no compaints. Seems its
resolved.

Thanks again for your support.

Good day,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
MVP - SUS / WSUS
Windows Server Update Services Wiki
http://www.wsuswiki.com/Athifs
"Save the Internet. Keep all Systems Patched"

0
zkathif (51)

Counting 01-25-08
I have two tables: issues and position. The issues fields are populated with the lookup value from the position table. I want a query that will count each "oppose" and each "support" for each issue in the issue table. I tried the DCount like this in the criteria for the issue I'm trying to count opposes: DCount("*","issues","field='Oppose' ") and get an error that says "can't find the 'field' you entered in the expression" Your help is much appreciated! thanks. Do you have a field named "Field" ...

Place Date in One column when entry is made in another column.
Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contributions made by certain individuals. When a dollar value is entered in cell J5, I would like to have the date of the entry automatically entered in cell k5. Am unable to figure our a function to handle this. Any help is appreciated. JT See this: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D77BB32-6BEC-42C3-8950-6EB85EAE5DE9@microsoft.com... > Column J cells of my spreadsheet will contain cash contribu...

How can I set up a shared excel worksheet and work offline
I have a group of laptops on a windows 2003 network. I have set up shared Excel Workbooks to allow users to modify different worksheets at the same time. I would now like to take this a step further. I want to allow two or more uses to take a copy of the shared workbook away from the offce with each user being able to work on their part and then be able to save them back to the network with all changes being saved. I was hoping the "make available offline" feacher would work but it seems that it will not. Please give any suggestions of workarounds or other software that ma...

Calling stored procedures from another one
Hi, I'm trying to achieve an architectural design in my application and its backend database that allows an object oriented design, granularity and performance. I recently came up with an idea that seems to help me accomplish these goals but want to get some feedback. The goal in this particular case is to take care of business with a single database hit. I was trying to come up with an architecture for registering people. The problem is there are different types of people e.g. Clients, Employees, Freelancers, etc. Each group has common elements as well as their ...

Intercepting Messages
How do I catch the message that you get when you insert a new usb stick into a machine? I am trying to catch the message that says, "found new device and need to reboot to complete installation". Is this possible? You could start here... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000pro/evaluate/featfunc/plugplay.mspx Tom "Tim Hunter" <TimHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1312798-99EA-426E-86C5-B39EC81742F9@microsoft.com... > How do I catch the message that you get when you insert a new usb stick > into > a machi...

OWA sends message as HTML script
Hello OWA has been sending an HTML script with all the coding for an individual who recieves and sends message. No other user has this issue, except him. Everything is normal when drafting the message. The messages do not show up as HTML code until after recieved or sent. We are using Exchange 2003. The client browser is IE 6.0 SP1, and OS is 2000 Pro. What could have caused this, and what can we do to fix this. I appreciate the assistance in advanced. Thank <script></script><META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><H...

Mail from one person not getting through to another
I have a very curious problem. We have Exchange 2000 running on an SBS 2000 server. All of our internal users are in the domain and all but two of them have Windows XP desktops using Outlook 2000. The two exceptions are graphics designers who have Mac OS/X machines, have domain accounts (and mailboxes) and access their email via POP3, using built-in Mac clients. The problem is this. One of the Mac users, call him M1, can't receive any mail from one of the XP users, call him X1. What's perplexing are these things: 1) M1 can receive mail from other XP users, 2) M1 can send mail to all...

Setting column labels to letters
I just noticed that my worksheet column labels (across the top) are numbers instead of letters. Don't think it's always been that way, but I want to change it now and haven't found anything yet in Tools or Help that references it. Would someone please point the way. thanks, Gene Goldenfeld Gene, Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the General tab. There, uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Gene Goldenfeld" <genegold@highstream.net>...

How do I set-up for tractor feed plant labels in publisher
I do not even know if it is possible ... I have been unsuccessful to date I am trying to set up my own program to print labels 4.5" long and .5 high they are tractor fed ...connected to each other top-to-bottom with no space between I want to print 3 small lines in 3 1/2" of the space I can set up the text part but getting the labels to tractor fed instead of sheet feed is the issue Have you tried your printer manufacturer's web site for support? Okidata and others have pretty good support documents. This maybe helpful Page alignment is lost when you print a long documen...

Need to copy and match data from one workbook to another workbook
I have one workbook that has book information such as book code, title and author. I have another workbook that has the ISBN Number and the amount of revenue that it has made I need to look up the revenue by ISBN number on the one sheet copy and paste it to a different sheet that has the rest of the book information. Is there an easier way to do this. I was thinking about the index, match formula but I can't get the formula to work. Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you try VLOOKUP? -- David Biddulph "clc_80" <clc_80@discussio...

Repeats messages sent
I send a message and the person receiving it may receive as much as ten copies one right after the other one. My outgoing box shows the message there forever, but with a sent date and time. How can I make sure it is sent only one time and shouldn't it go to sent instead of just hang in outgoing. Occurrs most of the time, not all of the time. Thanks ...

language setting
I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. "rbrooks" <rbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8EE0A65-0112-405C-BD74-EF64207137D0@microsoft.com... >I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install > windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. I looked around my office and it was not here! I don't think you left it here. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:54:49 -0700, "Richard in AZ"...

Red "recipient could not be resolved" messages.
Has anyone come across red "At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system" warning messages on emails sent to/from CRM? Is this normal? Composing and sending an email via the CRM homepage.. Create an Activity.. Email, I have no problems. Composing and sending an email to the same user via the "CRM Email" button in Outlook, however, differs. The recipient receives the email, but addresses other than the recipient are displayed in red username@domain format, not the normal blue Last Name, First Name account format. The "recipient coul...

Axapta 3.0: Setting the linktype of DataSources at runtime
Hello all, I have a button on form. It's click-EventHandler contains a line: CIRTRAStndTourOrderLine_ds.linkType(Transporteinheit.valueStr() ? 3 /* InnerJoin */ : 4 /* OuterJoin */); Where "CIRTRAStndTourOrderLine_ds" is the data source generated by MorphX (CIRTRAStndTourOrderLine) is a table. "Transporteinheit" is a StringEdit. The behaviour I would like to achieve is, that if I enter something into the StringEdit it sets the linktype to InnerJoin otherwise to OuterJoin another table. In MorphX I set the linktype to OuterJoin (as a default). The problem i...

One click from e-mail and the record opened. How ?
Hi, I create a case for example, and automatically it sends an e-mail to X persons with all the specs from that particular case. Of course it's create from a e-mail template. What I need to know is, in that template, can I insert a link, that will open a new window with the record of that case. (Record of the crm inferface for that case.) I've been told stuff about the c360 third-party software e-mail link. But at my view It's only to give an update about a specific case the person is working on. Which is not what I'm looking for. I want the specs of that case, and h...

Disappearance of all messages inside the inbox
I wish you could help me out, our corporation network is under servers, we have about 144 users connected and is currently using Microsoft Outlook as our e-mail service. My question is is it possible that everytime there is power outage all the emails inside our inbox disappears or was that just an excuse of the administrator. It happened 4x now. What could possibly have happen? anybody knows? please help me out asap! tnx! Help us out first. Version of Outlook? Is this using Exchange? If yes, is mail delivered to Exchange mailboxes or personal folders? If Exchange mailboxes and th...

Error message #88
When I try and send an e-mail I keep getting an ERROR message. I looked all throughout the site and and didnt see the ERROR message that I received. I got a welcome message from you too so I am confused. I really LOVE Outlook and dont want to change back to Yahoo! So if you could help me out I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you much! :) Mandee <Mandee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try and send an e-mail I keep getting an ERROR message. I > looked all throughout the site and and didnt see the ERROR message > that I received. I got a welcome message ...

To schedule a recurring message delivery
Hello, I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times everyday. I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message delivery. I am running Exchange 2000 server, is there a way to configure on server or on client side? Many thanks Hi Pakeon, Have a look at this link. Hope it helps. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm Regards, George Sang "Pakeon" wrote: > Hello, > > I want to schedule a message delivery on regular basis, say 3 times everyday. > > I check with Outlook but it seems not for recurring message deli...

how do i transfer messages from outlook back online
I opened outlook and all the messages were there. now when i log in to my xtra account online, there are no messages in the inbox. how do i get them back? "november" <november@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2015FA-AFD0-4B10-8D63-4962B1535B50@microsoft.com... >I opened outlook and all the messages were there. now when i log in to my > xtra account online, there are no messages in the inbox. how do i get them > back? Unless your ISP offers an IMAP account option, the only way is to forward them to yourself, after having set Outlook to keep a co...

[FIXED] For those with error : "Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again Later."
Hello, We are in the process of migrating from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, and one user had this error with OL2007. It appeared that there was a disabled item when running Outlook 2003 (Help, About, Disabled items). Re-enabling it allowed me to open the OOO assistant (from OL2003). And then, when I started OL2007, it was OK, I could access it ! HPH. Luuke Which disabled item was it? Can you be more specific please? "Luuke" <luuke57@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c6e7756f-618d-48a3-8101-0d2edd9c0ef2@r33g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > We are in the p...

counting values in a column
I have different values in a a column that I need to count. Column A: 2,25,45,52,25,30,2,45,80,60 and I want to count values as follows <30 = 4 >30 and <60 = 4 >60 = 2 I have tried countif and sumproduct but it doesn't work correctly. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Set up a table in column B1:B4 like this: 0 29 59 999 where 999 represents a number which is surely higher than the highest value in column A, select range C1:C4 and enter this formula: =FREQUENCY($A$2:$A$11,$B$1:$B$4) and confirm it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter (it's an array formul...

How to get the "Raw Message"
How do I get the raw message with full headers, etc. in outlook? In my other mail client, there is a magnifying glass on the tool bar and this opens up the raw message. I am getting a lot of spam and rejected messages and want to see the information on sender and routing that is provided in the headers but not shown in the normal outlook window. Thanks, benedikte With the message open, select View | Options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Benedikte Wh...

Writing messages into Outlook's Personal Folders
I am writing an application that imports and exports messages into Outlook's folders (PST) by using XMAPI from C++ directly. I am not using CDO or COM. I am fine with reading messages from folders. But I don't have an idea of how messages are written back into the Outlook's folders using XMAPI. Specifically, how to initialize and create a new message, directly using XMAPI functions in C++. Please guide me on this. Thanks. -DD Wrong group. Try posting in one of the MAPI discussion forums -- see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/mapi.htm#discuss -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of...

cannot print message to another printer
Without opening the message in Outlook .I would like to print the message on a printer other than the default printer yet the box to select the printer is greyed out.I do not want to print in table format, I want to print in memo format. ...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. #5
hi, Some of emails only we are getting the below message, i don't understand why it is validate 'http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233' ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <inkdomain.ipcldom.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Message from 85.129.193.233 rejected - see http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.129.193.233> -- Mohammed Idris Ink Products Co. Ltd System Administrator Riyadh K.S.A You are missin...