404 error on change password in OWA

I'm gettting a 404 error when using the change password function in OWA:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your
browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the
words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for
topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom
Error Messages.

What file is it looking for and where is the file?

I have followed the directions in kb297121 for Implementiong the Change
passwor feature with OWA.
It works on my test server, but not the production server.
TIA,
Eric

0
EricK (71)

Eric,

Do you have any type of firewall on your production server?  Is your
production environment setup in a front-end back-end senario or is this all
one server?

Did you run the IISLockdown tool on your production server?

"Eric K" wrote:

> I'm gettting a 404 error when using the change password function in OWA:
>

> The page cannot be found
> The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
> or is temporarily unavailable.
>
> Please try the following:
>
> Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your
> browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
> If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
> administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
> Click the Back button to try another link.
> HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
> Internet Information Services (IIS)

> Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
> Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the
> words HTTP and 404.
> Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for
> topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom
> Error Messages.
>
> What file is it looking for and where is the file?
>
> I have followed the directions in kb297121 for Implementiong the Change
> passwor feature with OWA.
> It works on my test server, but not the production server.
> TIA,
> Eric

Make sure you follow the article to a tee.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121

Make sure that you've spelled the vdirs correctly as well - if they
are misspelled - then you'll get a 404.  Take a look and let me know
how it goes.

C. Smith
Enso Technologies, Incorporated
http://www.ensotech.com

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:14:02 -0700, Eric K
<EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm gettting a 404 error when using the change password function in OWA:
>

>The page cannot be found
>The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
>or is temporarily unavailable.
>
>Please try the following:
>
>Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your
>browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
>If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
>administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
>Click the Back button to try another link.
>HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
>Internet Information Services (IIS)

>Technical Information (for support personnel)
>
>Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the
>words HTTP and 404.
>Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for
>topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom
>Error Messages.
>
>What file is it looking for and where is the file?
>
>I have followed the directions in kb297121 for Implementiong the Change
>passwor feature with OWA.
>It works on my test server, but not the production server.
>TIA,
>Eric
Christopher Smith
csmith@ensotech.com
Enso Technologies, Incorporated
http://www.ensotech.com

0
csmith6515 (48)
6/1/2006 4:48:00 PM
I recreated the ISSADMPWD virtual directory and that fixed it. Thanks!

"C. Smith" wrote:

> Make sure you follow the article to a tee.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121
>
> Make sure that you've spelled the vdirs correctly as well - if they
> are misspelled - then you'll get a 404.  Take a look and let me know
> how it goes.
>
> C. Smith
> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
> http://www.ensotech.com
>

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:14:02 -0700, Eric K
> <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm gettting a 404 error when using the change password function in OWA:
> >

> >The page cannot be found
> >The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed,
> >or is temporarily unavailable.
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Please try the following:
> >
> >Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your
> >browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
> >If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site
> >administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
> >Click the Back button to try another link.
> >HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
> >Internet Information Services (IIS)
> >
> >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >Technical Information (for support personnel)
> >
> >Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the
> >words HTTP and 404.
> >Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for
> >topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom
> >Error Messages.
> >
> >What file is it looking for and where is the file?
> >
> >I have followed the directions in kb297121 for Implementiong the Change
> >passwor feature with OWA.
> >It works on my test server, but not the production server.
> >TIA,
> >Eric
> Christopher Smith
> csmith@ensotech.com
> Enso Technologies, Incorporated
> http://www.ensotech.com

0
EricK (71)

Changing Default Location of PST file
I often have to swap out boot (hard drive) drives. I have a second hard drive that I use just as a data drive. It would be nice if my PST file could be located on my data drive. Then any change in Outlook no matter what drive was booted on would have any/all changes kept up to date. Is it possible to change the default location of this file. Any help would be appreciated. Jerry On Thu, 26 May 2005 16:56:15 -1000, JB <jb@home> wrote: > I often have to swap out boot (hard drive) drives. I have a second hard > drive that I use just as a data drive. It would be nice if my PST file...

How do I change the background color of Pane views in Outlook?
All of the sudden all the pane views have white color background. I believe it was light gray before. How to change it back. ...

error sending emails
I'm getting this message when I try to send a message through Outlook TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server ( --- error number 0x800ccc0f) Does anyone know what is goinng on with this? Hi Chris, If you are running outlook XP and If you are getting error 0x800ccc0f with error message "TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server" then I have a knowledge base article which addresses the same error message. I am attaching the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=254926 OLEXP: You Cannot Send a Message with Graphic Attachments...

"can't exit design mode because..." error
For some reason I am getting an error that says "Can't exit design mode because 'CommandButton1' could not be created" There is no CommandButton1 any more (I deleted it) and there is no code referring to this button. How can I make it stop? Thanks. ...

OWA/OMA Protection
Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook/OMA, I have to scrub the RSA two ...

Outlook synchronization error #2
Good evening, we are using Outlook 2003 and MS exchange 2003 with all the patches and updates. We are having this reoccurring problem with a number of users. So far we have tried the following: rebuilt the profiles, the database as well as the OST with no luck. The message mentioned under "Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Conflicts' appears actually in the inbox! The link provided with the error takes you to the Microsoft support site and there is no solution there. We will be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this. Here is the error: 20:14:15 ...

Outlook 2007 drag attachments gives active desktop error
SYMPTOM: This happens whether the default editor is HTML, Rich Text or Plain Text. Any Email message that have Office documents (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PDF’s) attached in the body of the message will not drag and drop or copy from the message to the desktop as the intended file. Instead you are presented with the following Active Desktop pop-up. Active Desktop In order to add this item to your Active Desktop, you need to save a copy of the picture. Do you want to continue? Yes or No -- Drew Drew, I am getting the same issue. Very annoying. Ironically, it start...

Need help with error message #3
I recieve the following error message when I try to import a .csv file from my desktop to my outlook 2000. I'm not sure how to add the correct translators, or fix the error. "A file error has occured in the comma seperated values (windows) translator while initilizing a translator to build a field map" ...

identity password
I haven't used Outlook Express in awhile and now when I try to open, I can't since I don't remember the password for my identity. I apparently also had a password for default since I can't open that either. Is there a way to delete the identity or password without knowing the current one? How can I get back in!!!????? -- Thanks for your assistance! Karen Karen wrote: > I haven't used Outlook Express in awhile and now when I try to open, > I can't since I don't remember the password for my identity. I > apparently also had a password for default s...

error message
what does this error message mean The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'allsmiles@tpg.com.au'. Subject 'c jjjjjjjjj', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au',...

Combo box changes file on open
This a followup on a previous post why Do you want to save changes pops up when nothing has changed. It turns out a combo box seems to have something attached that changes the file. I created the box as a test using the control toolbox toolbar. I right clicked the combo box and selected properties and in the listfillrange typed in list (a named range). Now when I open the file and close it, the pop up happens. This happens on a new workbook as well. Another thing happens using a checkbox, where in another new workbook I inserted a checkbox. I right clicked on it and selected view...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

SERIOUS error
I need help!!! Right now, when any one the of the Domain Admins logs into the OWA it works. But when any other user tries to log into the OWA they only see the following page after entering their username / password. The page cannot be displayed There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Open the hermes.jjbedmonton.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Refresh button, or try again later. Cli...

Unable to Change Case in Org Chart in Field
We are currently moving our org charts into Visio and are new to the program; we have imported an Excel table into Visio 2003 (11.3216.5703) using the Org Chart Wizard. We are able to apply initial caps to all fields except for field 2. Does anyone know what causes this and a way to workaround it? We do not want to have our data entry person have to retype the data in the format we require. Thanks in advance, Allison Orange Systems Project Consultant Florida Public Service Commission aorange@psc.state.fl.us I'm not sure what you mean by field 2. What steps are you taking to apply ...

Error message #87
I am incurring the following message in my Outlook: "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected in the file C:\DocumentsandSettings\user\LocalSettings\ApplicationData \Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst.Quit all mail-enabled applicationsand then use Inbox Repair Tool". I am unsure how to proceeed and would greatlty appreciate some HELP or input with this problem. Thanks. mark <mark@protrade-fx.com> wrote: > I am incurring the following message in my Outlook: > > "Unable to display the folder. Errors have been detected > in the file > C:\Docu...

Select all Sheets Error
Hi, I tried to select all sheets in a database i have by having this macro: Sub Test() Sheets.Select End Sub but there is an error "Runtime Error 1004 - Method 'select' of object 'Sheets' failed". However, when I open a new workbook and do this, the macro works. Why? Regards, Val Hi Val You have hidden sheets in that workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143701c4a607$2fe2c870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I tried to select all sheets ...

Visibiltiy Error while send a email through activities
Hi, I have the problem, that I now not exactly what I must write in the repair funktion for smtp settings. We have an SBS2003 with exchange sends the mail over an smtp account from our service provider. Must i fill in in the smtp settings the server and accounts from the provider oder from the exchange? ...

Error 0x308c60cb
Hi all, I get this error while I'm writing a mail with msoutlook 2000 sp3 in a w2k workstation, then my program closes... Any ideas? I'm searching in the net and no results. Thank you, Xavi ...

Dictionary (2429) Error when Logging In
After we login with our username/pw into GP 7.5 SQL2000, and we select a company, we are presented with the following message: The dictionary (2429) for this alternate form of the form ~internal~ (ICAccountFormatter) itself is missing. Do you want to use the original in Great Plains? Yes or No Either way, if we select yes or no, it lets us into GP. However, we don't know what the correct answer is here! The only third party products we have are MICR for Payables from Mekorma. We also use INtercompany, which is sort of referenced in the "IC" part of that form. I ca...

#VALUE error using MoneyCentral Stock Quotes
WHy do these errors happen? I am using the current version, all options are checked, and I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. Yet half my quotes come back with the VALUE error. The Help feature does not cover my situation. ...

Offline Database Sync Error/I.E. Script error
We receive these errors periodically on our POS stations: "Run-time error '-2147217873 (80040e2f)': Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_Item'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'Item.' We also use a custom html for the POS window, and we are getting an internet expolorer script error showing the URL as that file. Any suggestions? I appreciate your input! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CAE2D5.4F701F60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-pri...

Outlook Today display error
I am experiencing a recent display problem with Outlook 2000 in the folder Outlook Today. It does not occur in other Calendar folder. Each day in calendar column, one all-day-event appears as the last event on the previous day's display and if that event is deleted, another event shifts up. Thus, an all-day-event booked Saturday, appears on Friday after the time-scheduled appointments, and similarly Mother's Day (from the holidays file) appears last on Saturday instead of Sunday. Any ideas? ...

Changes to a received Purchase Order
I have a purchase order that was entered and received in, but I when I got the vendor's invoice I realized the PO was entered under the wrong vendor. Is there a way to change vendors on the original PO? If not, how do I correct the PO or void it so that I may enter another PO under the correct vendor? In Purchase Order Processing, do a return if it was received only and not sold or return with Credit to the wrong vendor you received and invoiced if it was both received and invocied in POP then IN PM use the credit memo that's created to the wrong vendor. Then close out the P...

Changing picture file sizes
XP Pro SP3. OE6 I know that if I right-click on a JPEG and choose SEND, I have the option ( with Outlook Express 6) to " Make pictures smaller ? " Does anyone know what program actually does that ? Family is just back from a trip and I'm trying to get all ( 2000?) pictures onto one CD to send via US mail. (Recipient doesn't have DVD in PC) Currently each file is about 2mb and I tried a few - they get down to 50-200kb each. That's just what I need but I can't open one email and attach 2000+ pictures - OE hangs.So I do a bunch, save, more, save etc. ...

Error Code: 0x80040006
I can't install or update the windows live. it will install and uninstall itself then give Error Code: 0x80040006. what can i do to be able to install windows live essential? ...