2007 Schema Prep #2

I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it
was successful:

I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child
domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003.  I ran setup /prepareAD then ran
setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully.

However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security
Groups) in my child domain.  It is present in my root domain.  Is that all
correct?

In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange
Install Domain Servers.

Last thing, the Deploying a Standard Exchange white paper says that the
PrepareDomain command should set permissions on the Domain container for the
Exchange Servers, Exchange Organization Administrator, Authenticated Users,
and Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  I don't have a group in either the root
or child domain called Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  Is the documentation
wrong?
0
SilverICE (243)

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:48:03 -0700, SilverICE
<SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it
>was successful:
>
>I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child
>domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003.  I ran setup /prepareAD then ran
>setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully.
>
>However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security
>Groups) in my child domain.  It is present in my root domain.  Is that all
>correct?

Yes, its only in the root domain.

>In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange
>Install Domain Servers.

That group should be in the root domain as well.

>Last thing, the Deploying a Standard Exchange white paper says that the
>PrepareDomain command should set permissions on the Domain container for the
>Exchange Servers, Exchange Organization Administrator, Authenticated Users,
>and Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  I don't have a group in either the root
>or child domain called Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  Is the documentation
>wrong?

I think they mean "Exchange Recipient Administrators"

0
adavid (8731)
4/20/2007 4:36:03 PM
Perfect, looks like I'm good to go.  Thanks again!

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:48:03 -0700, SilverICE
> <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it
> >was successful:
> >
> >I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child
> >domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003.  I ran setup /prepareAD then ran
> >setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully.
> >
> >However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security
> >Groups) in my child domain.  It is present in my root domain.  Is that all
> >correct?
>
> Yes, its only in the root domain.
>

> >In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange
> >Install Domain Servers.
>
> That group should be in the root domain as well.
>

> >Last thing, the Deploying a Standard Exchange white paper says that the
> >PrepareDomain command should set permissions on the Domain container for the
> >Exchange Servers, Exchange Organization Administrator, Authenticated Users,
> >and Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  I don't have a group in either the root
> >or child domain called Exchange Mailbox Administrators.  Is the documentation
> >wrong?
>

> I think they mean "Exchange Recipient Administrators"

0
SilverICE (243)

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Re: H E L P * * * Need help with question about protecting a range of cell in workbook #2
I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook Press F1, enter protect range, click on "Lock only a few cells on a worksheet" link. Blacksmith wrote: > I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook > > > > ...

splitting up an IP address #2
the problem with that is that I need the IP address still. The text t columns splits it up but I loose the IP. I also need this to do i automatically -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27776 Hi a very simple solution would be: - copy column A first to column B - apply 'Data - text to columns' on column B -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "eluehmann" <...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

2 Personal folders??
Hi. I've just pasted my saved PST file into a newly formatted and newly installed Outlook 2003. Copied it into Me>local settings>application data>Microsoft>Outlook The trouble is, on opening Outlook, I now have 2 Personal folders, they are identical. All my stuff is there but twice. Could you please tell me how I can get rid of one Thank you Hi JB, maybe you have a Ghost PST file: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/ghosts.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Groupware without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Synchronization for laptops: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware....

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

Splitting 2007 for use on 2003
I split my database on a personal laptop running 2007. now I need to put the be on a network drive (with runtime) that I cannot hook the laptop to.. I tried to save as 2003 format, so I could split it on a networked computer, but many forms etc didn't work. I read the post from "Lateral" and the response(s). "The code to re-link tables can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm And, the code to popup the file browse dialog can be found here: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm So, between the two above routines, in a short time you can c...

HQ CLient Error #2
I have got a runtime error 6 overflow whenever i go into HQ Client configuration, I have uninstalled RMS restarted my PC and then reinstalled RMS and i still get this error this is RMS version 2.0. Please can some one help as i am really struggling with this!!! I have looked and the only runtime 6 post i can find is to do with transfers having a large number but there is nothing i can see in HQ Client that is too long and cannot get into configuration. ...

ClearQuest 2003 and Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003
Hi,all I have used IBM Rational ClearQuest 2003 for years, which use Collaboration Data Objects in outlook 2003 to send mail with exchange server 2003. In Outlook 2003, I configed a Default Security Settings form in Exchange Server 2003 to disable mail send prompt when ClearQuest sending mail. And this worked fine for years. Last week , I update one client from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, It can't work :( It's no mail sented , no promt find. Anyone can help me ? T.I.A Log: [5416] *** Started OAdSession 181C598 [5416] *** Built OAdSession 181C598 for Client One(PRIVAT...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

FRx Installation #2
(I don't think this question belongs here, but the guys at FRx sent me here.) We are using Great Plains 8.00g7 and want to create reports using FRx. I had v6.5 installed, tried to install 6.7, install failed. Deleted everything I could find associated with 6.5, tried 6.7 install again; failed again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mookie When you fail, what do you mean it fails, does it pop up with any messages? a bit more detail on where it fails might shed light on whats going on "mookie blaylock" wrote: > (I don't think this question belongs he...

How do I combine 2 text columns in Microsoft Excel?
I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to combine the text values to create one complete sentence in one column. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Try: =A5&" "&B5 if you want spaces between the columns or look at the CONCATENATE function example =CONCATENATE(A5,B5) Domaniman wrote: > I have two columns of descriptive text, the second column is the end of the > first column's sentence, however I can not find a way in the Help options to ...

Invoice Template #2
Hi, I am using the invoice template in Office XP. My problem is that the current default currency is the $, I require the �. I have tried the excel help and changing the currency symbol whilst in the invoice works, but as soon as I open a new one it reverts back to the $ sign. Is there a way to set the � sign as default. In Office 2000 I had no problems at all. Thank's in advance. OS (XP Pro) is set to UK English and so is the keyboard. Regards, Monty. ...

IMC rerouting #2
Hello, In our exchange site we just configured a second server as IMC ( fall-back). What do we have to do to be sure that when the first one " crashes" the new one ( fall-back) becomes the dafault one autonmatically. While when this happen during the night, nobody is there to reconfigure anyrthing. Thanks for any help Mitsi ...

Public folders in OWA #2
I had a problem earlier this week with getting OWA to work, finally got it working, when i added the defualt app under IIS. But when it comes up now if you go to public folders it shows it as a Directory rather than the normal outlook contacts look....you can browse it all the way to the contact, like this: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:51 AM 893 Bob Ponder.EML Any ideas? Sounds like you modified something in IIS Admin, then had those settings propagate down to the Public vdir. The only way I've ever been able to fix the view problem you are mentioning is to reinstall...

Access 2007 SP1
Dear all, the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release ************************************************************************************* Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it s...

Publisher 2007 Can i make a calender with holidays already on it?
IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays in it? I have a no frills 2009 calendar on my website with the holidays. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm Scroll down a little. Adding holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jaci" <Jaci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB20065-41A5-479F-85E1-C4E91112ECBD@microsoft.com... > IS there a way to make a calender in Publisher 2007 that already has holidays > in it? ...

Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 beta to reduce the size of the icons in the Navigation pane and across the top of the page? They are GIGANTIC. Horrible looking. It makes Outlook appear to be a comic book instead of a business application. I will never use this version of Outlook (or Word for that matter) if I can't reduce the icon size to very small, neat and nice looking. I also cannot see how to reduce the font size for the listings in the Navigation pane. That is also way too large. I like the size of the icons on the top of the "inbox page". Those are nice and small an...

Combining 2 Publisher Files Into 1
Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil. Open one file, then run Publisher again open the second file. Both files are open. Add the pages you need to add the pages from the file you want to combine. Copy, paste from one file to the other. Save, you're done. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185901c49c1d$60824030$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. > > Phil. Phil wrote: > Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. &...

Import #2
I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow the import. Any ideas for a workaround? Dear Faiz, You can use scribe or write your own import routine for multiple contacts import. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Faiz Amir" wrote: > I want to import contacts against accounts. But wherever there are multiple > contacts to a parent account crm 3.0 doesn't allow ...

CRM 1.2 Installation Error 800700B7 unable to Configure Web Services
Hi, I have followed the steps and pre-requisites in the Installation guide, however, every time I have tried to install the productl, I get a message stating "Setup was unable to install CRM Server. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. Cannot create a file when that file already exists (800700B7). Can somebody please help me with this? I am unable to use the product because of this error, as the installation does not complete all of the necessary steps. Thank you in advance. CM not sure if you are using windows 2000 server or not, but I had a sim...

Print issues in Pub 2007
I have a design done in MS Publisher 2007 with a picture of autumn leaves in the background with a text box over the picture. The problem is when I go to print on HP L7600 printer the entire image is off to far left and too high on the invitation card that is 5" wide by 8" high: its Upper left corner justified. Changing the margins, page setup etc has not remedied my problem. Have you made sure your printer knows which size paper you are using? Check your printer driver settings. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For ...

Slowness in transfering EMAILs between Exchange and local PST files with Outlook 2007
I'm not sure if others are seeing a similiar issue, but it routinely takes 10-15 seconds to move EMAILs between the Exchange and local PST files. This issue is not dependent on the size of attachment. I do have a relatively large local PST file over 2GB, but the Exchange file is relatively small. I have turned off the McAfee EMAIL scanner and so no improvement. Does anybody have ideas? Regards, Scott ...

Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge
Hi everyone: Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for doing the following: 1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper). 2) Print on both sides 3) Mail merge on both sides How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word) I know that my printer does it. First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word. I also have the mail merge done. MS Publisher: Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5 Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)...

RICHEDIT 2 in MFC
I'm trying to create a Richedit 2 window in MFC, instead of Richedit 1, via a CRichEditCtrl, not a resource. Looking in the MFC source, CRichEditCtrl::Create() would need to be replaced at a minimum because it's creating a window with a class of "RICHEDIT" and explicitly loading "RICHED32.DLL". CRichEditCtrl::Create() is not virtual so that would be a problem. Is there a good solution? Thanks Mark Bellamy Mark, You might want to investigate AfxInitRichEdit2 on MSDN, and check www.codeguru.com and www.codeproject.com, which both has articles on using the ve...