2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000

Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are
still 2000?
0
BrianG (15)

This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right?  If so you can
only run the 2003 version of the ADC.  This is not recommended and could
cause replication errors with Exchange/AD.
Mark

"BrianG" wrote:

> Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are
> still 2000?
0
King (16)
4/18/2005 8:32:02 PM
Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran.  Why can I run 2003 but
not 2003 with SP1?  We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move
function that came with Exchange 2003 SP1 but it only works if all ADC's in
the Org are 2003 SP1.  We have a couple of Administrative groups that only
have 5.5 and 2000 servers so I was hoping we could upgrade the ADC to 2003
SP1 before upgrading Exchange?

"Mark King" wrote:

> This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right?  If so you can
> only run the 2003 version of the ADC.  This is not recommended and could
> cause replication errors with Exchange/AD.
> Mark
>

> "BrianG" wrote:
>
> > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are
> > still 2000?
0
BrianG (15)

Is possible to run with framework n-1 when built with framework n
Hi! Assume that you have an application that has been built with framework n and then the application is being deployed to a machine that has framework n-1. What happens ? //Tony On 15-02-2010 17:27, Tony Johansson wrote: > Assume that you have an application that has been built with framework n and > then the application is being > deployed to a machine that has framework n-1. > What happens ? It fails. In one of your other threads I gave you this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994381.aspx Arne ...

Exchange 5.5: X400 vs. Site Connector
Is there a performance difference between the Site Connector and X 400?? Let me give you a little more info, I have two sites which are connected via a VPN (dedicated connection using T1's on both sides). I currently have an X400 connector between the two sites, however...I'm moving my exchange server to a new system in one side which means I'm going to have to rebuild the connectors. I'm not using any scheduling, user priorities, message size limitations or any of the advanced features of the X 400 connector. So the only question left is...is there any performance/scaliabi...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

Too Many Excel Apps running
I recently installed Excel 2010. My operating system is XP Pro. Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I find that every time I open an Excel file it opens a new Excel. It is not unusual for me to have 5 different Excels open even after I close a file. My bottom ribbon is full of Excels! I previously used Excel 2003 and did not have this problem. I know these are different Excels operating because I am unable to open a split window to show two different files. Note - I usually open my files via Explorer. Is there a setting that I can use to require that my single open Excel can open any new Exce...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Outlook 2003 #134
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? ... .. I too am experiencing the exact same problem with Outlook ...

Automate processing of recieved email in Exchange
Hi All, I need to parse incoming e-mail (to a particular email address hosted on an Exchange server). The email is generated by a web site which then encrypts the data with PGP and sends it to a specific address. Can Exchange be programmed to decrypt the e-mail and safe the contents to a file? If not, are there any third party software anyone knows about that may assist? Thanks, best regards, Matt Seddon. ...

Monitoring Exchange 2003
How do I check the mail messages sitting in my SMTP queue using Exchange System Manager? Under property, the status is showing "Retry Remote Delivery". What is a better way to monitor what is going on in my Exchange server? I am running Exchange 2003 server. Is there also a way of seeing incoming emails before they are delivered to the intended recipients? If I can not use the Exchange System Manager in monitoring, what else can I use? Thanks Emma ...

Outlook 2000
I am running Win2K with Office2K SR3. When I click on "customize Outlook Today" nothing happens. It has worked in the past. I tried "Detect and Repair" which said it repaired everything, but still nothing happens when I click "Customize Outlook Today." I am using the "winter" layout. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 Next time, search the archives using google.groups.com, you will find several thousand of the ...

email privacy in outlook 2000
i delete all emails and empty folder. I do not want a computer genius to find any ofmy emails on my drive. how can i insure these emails are deleted fromt he hard drive? Thanks you Microsoft Outlook stores everything (mail, contacts, tasks, calendar, .etc) in the *.PST file. Therefore the best you could do after a large amount of delets is to run the compact option. (Right click on Personal Folders and select properties. Select Advanced button and then compact.) "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDD48CD4-77B0-42C6-BF75-0D9930FD45DD@...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

Exchange 5.5 config issue?
We're keeping our Exchange Server without much inhouse expertise, and managing to support 140 users - so far so good. But I think we have a setting or configuration problem. If an email in a client's Outlook Inbox is there more than 2 or 3 days, reading, deleting, forwarding or any action takes about 30 seconds to execute. You get the "Microsoft Exchange is requesting Data from the server" dialog box with a subsequent 10 second or so delay, and it's annoying. Is this a caching setting on the server, and how can we extend the number of days that an email can be process...

Outlook 2003
Our firm is just converting to Outlook 2003, and we're having a problem. If a lawyer has given full access rights to his/her assistant, then that assistant goes into the lawyers' Email and deletes something, it goes to the *assistant's* trash, not the lawyers. Same goes if they send an Email, it goes to the *assistant's* sent items, not the lawyers. Is there anyway to keep this from happening and being put in the appropriate person's folders? Thanks ...

Export memberships of all Exchange DLs
Is there a way that we can export all Exchange (2003, AD 2003) DLs and also view their memberships? Thanks! csvde.exe -f output.csv -r "(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectClass=group)) ))" -l "member" "Fletcher" <iliketodirtbike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP1pAhkdEHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Is there a way that we can export all Exchange (2003, AD 2003) DLs and also > view their memberships? > > Thanks! > > ...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

Mailbox Resources (exchange 5.5)
I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resource Checking the actual 'deleted items' folders for each user shows nearly empty versus the folder I can see in Exchange Administration, which shows several users 'deleted items' folders over 100MB. It is Cached? How can I clean this up? "Steve" <srosenthal@audioadvisors.com> wrote: >I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resources >Checking the actual '...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router. I want to configure RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it. HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP address). I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console, specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox (from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) - the SSL offloading is not enabled. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to connect to it but I haven't been...

OL 2003
Hello, I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work related. Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME message below: ----- Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. ----- How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails? Thanks, SCT sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I recently began ...

Exch 2003/Outlook 2003 inbox sync problem
Greetings, After several hardware problems on a SBS Server 2003 I can no longer sync my inbox with Outlook 2003? All other folders sync just fine. After a manual sync the properties of the inbox show 147 items on the server and 0 items in the off-line folder. I have deleted the .ost file and had outlook recreate it -- no change. I updated to sp1 -- no change. I logged in on a different box with OL2003sp1 -- no change. ANY help or pointers are appreciated. -Steve S. ...

Upgrade from Win ME to XP replace Outlook 2000 mail
I've upgraded from Win ME to XP home, and beforehand I saved the files from Windows/application data, etc., to a file folder. Now that I haave XP up and running, Office and Outlook installed, I can't find the file folder to replace the files to access the archieved and late mail? Can someone help me fine the folder to replace the files? thank you Very Much! ...

Exchange 2003 and a DNS error.
Just migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Using 2000 AD and 2000 DNS. Everything seems to work but I am getting the following Netlogon message in the System Log. Deleted the MX record as noted in one of the KB articles but the error is still being logged. Any ideas? Registration of the DNS record '1e66922d-6db9-450b-92c9-7709b9d24cfe._msdcs.domain.com. 600 IN CNAME mailserver.domain.com.' failed with the following error: DNS RR set that ought to exist, does not exist. ds Can you reference the Event ID of the error as well as the KB article? If I had to guess, sounds like event ...