2003 service account in wrong domain???

Exchange 2003 - the server was built in the root ABC domain.  the service
account was created in the DEF domain where exchange was installed and all
user accounts are.  My cohort told me (and management) that this was wrong
and would cause permission problems down the line.  Management now wants me
to rip out exchange and do it again - even though it's in production all
ready.  Is this going to cause  a problem - I do not see where not having
the service account at the root domain is wrong, but I am new to this so
would like as many responses as possible.  It took me 3 months of many long
hours, blood sweat and tears to get this working properly - please let me
know if I need to start over.  TIA

Nancy Stevens
nstevens@tycoint.com

0
nstevens (97)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:19:50 -0500, "Nancy Stevens"
<nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote:

>Exchange 2003 - the server was built in the root ABC domain.  the service
>account was created in the DEF domain where exchange was installed and all
>user accounts are.  My cohort told me (and management) that this was wrong
>and would cause permission problems down the line.  Management now wants me
>to rip out exchange and do it again - even though it's in production all
>ready.  Is this going to cause  a problem - I do not see where not having
>the service account at the root domain is wrong, but I am new to this so
>would like as many responses as possible.  It took me 3 months of many long
>hours, blood sweat and tears to get this working properly - please let me
>know if I need to start over.  TIA
>
>Nancy Stevens
>nstevens@tycoint.com

There is no service account in Exchange 2003.
So long as you have at least two names from the right domain
registered in ESM as Exchange Full Administrators and those accounts
meet all the requisites then you don't need to worry about this
account you're talking about.

0
mark7219 (5666)
12/14/2004 12:47:40 PM
thank you!!!

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:19:50 -0500, "Nancy Stevens"
> <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote:
>
> >Exchange 2003 - the server was built in the root ABC domain.  the service
> >account was created in the DEF domain where exchange was installed and
all
> >user accounts are.  My cohort told me (and management) that this was
wrong
> >and would cause permission problems down the line.  Management now wants
me
> >to rip out exchange and do it again - even though it's in production all
> >ready.  Is this going to cause  a problem - I do not see where not having
> >the service account at the root domain is wrong, but I am new to this so
> >would like as many responses as possible.  It took me 3 months of many
long
> >hours, blood sweat and tears to get this working properly - please let me
> >know if I need to start over.  TIA
> >
> >Nancy Stevens
> >nstevens@tycoint.com
> >

> There is no service account in Exchange 2003.
> So long as you have at least two names from the right domain
> registered in ESM as Exchange Full Administrators and those accounts
> meet all the requisites then you don't need to worry about this
> account you're talking about.

0
nstevens (97)

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Outlook 2003 News

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003