2003 OWA - password change screen

We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange
2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting
the cancel button on this particular screen.     Does anyone have an TechNet
Articles on why this doesn't work?

0
sabo_e (163)

Dear Sabo,

Thanks for posting here.

In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed
message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the
picture when you post back.

Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change
password in Exchange 2003 OWA:

You must first configure your server to use SSL.
Then, you need to create a new Virtual Directory called IISADMPWD under the
Default Web Site.
1.          Open Internet Information Services Manager from the
Administrative Tools.
2.         In IIS Manager expand SERVERNAME (Where SERVERNAME is your
server name object), expand Web Sites, and then expand Default Web Site.
3.         Right-click Default Web site and choose New, then select Virtual
Directory.
4.         In the Welcome screen click Next.
5.         In the Virtual Directory Alias window type IISADMPWD. Click
Next.
6.         In the Website Content Directory screen navigate to
%Systemroot%\System32\Inetsrv\Iisadmpwd. Click Next.
7.         In the Virtual Directory Access Permissions grant Read, and Run
Scripts. Click Next.
8.         Click Finish.
9.         See that the new Virtual Directory is listed in the folder list
on the right-pane of the IIS Admin console.

Next, you need to enable the Change Password button in the Registry of the
server.
1.          Open Regedt32
2.         Navigate to DisablePassword under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA
(Change from 1 to 0)
3.         Restart the IIS Services.

Note:  You may have issues if you are running URLScan on the IIS Server,
also, you may need to configure this on both FE & BE Servers to get this to
work correctly for your users.

If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to post back.
I will be standing by for you reply.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jorge Fei

MCSE MCP
Microsoft Partner Online Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

v-jfei (19)
2/13/2004 8:36:15 AM
Jorge,
    Thanks for your response, the front-end back-end configuration is
properly setup because Microsoft help me through it.   The problem I am
getting now is when an user password needs changed, it takes them to the
password change screen which is okay, but when the user clicks on cancel.

We get the following error message:

URL is
https://www.cup.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2.asp?https://www.cup.edu:443/exchange/?

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

/iisadmpwd/aexp2.asp, line 26

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header
modifications must be made before writing page content.

"Jorge Fei [MSFT]" <v-jfei@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sabo,
>
> Thanks for posting here.
>
> In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed
> message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the
> picture when you post back.
>
> Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change
> password in Exchange 2003 OWA:
>
> You must first configure your server to use SSL.
> Then, you need to create a new Virtual Directory called IISADMPWD under
the
> Default Web Site.
> 1.          Open Internet Information Services Manager from the
> Administrative Tools.
> 2.         In IIS Manager expand SERVERNAME (Where SERVERNAME is your
> server name object), expand Web Sites, and then expand Default Web Site.
> 3.         Right-click Default Web site and choose New, then select
Virtual
> Directory.
> 4.         In the Welcome screen click Next.
> 5.         In the Virtual Directory Alias window type IISADMPWD. Click
> Next.
> 6.         In the Website Content Directory screen navigate to
> %Systemroot%\System32\Inetsrv\Iisadmpwd. Click Next.
> 7.         In the Virtual Directory Access Permissions grant Read, and Run
> Scripts. Click Next.
> 8.         Click Finish.
> 9.         See that the new Virtual Directory is listed in the folder list
> on the right-pane of the IIS Admin console.
>
> Next, you need to enable the Change Password button in the Registry of the
> server.
> 1.          Open Regedt32
> 2.         Navigate to DisablePassword under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA
> (Change from 1 to 0)
> 3.         Restart the IIS Services.
>
> Note:  You may have issues if you are running URLScan on the IIS Server,
> also, you may need to configure this on both FE & BE Servers to get this
> work correctly for your users.
>
> If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to post back.
> I will be standing by for you reply.
>
> Have a nice day!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Jorge Fei
>
> MCSE MCP
> Microsoft Partner Online Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>
> so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
rights.

0
sabo_e (163)
2/13/2004 4:46:12 PM
Well I don't have the exact same problem.
The Change Password button doesn't appear, I've edited the
registry and added iisadmpwd to iis.

I don't know if this problem has something to do with
using swedish as locales on the exchange 2k3 servers.

confers no rights.

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/14/2004 9:40:17 AM
Dear Sabo,

Thanks for the update.

I would like to suggest you try the following steps:

1. In Internet Services Manager, double-click "Servername(local computer)."

2. Double-click "Web Sites".

3. Right-click the" Administration" Web site, and then click "Properties".

4. Click "Home Directory".

5. Click "Configuration".

6. Click "Options".

7. Click to select the "Enable buffering" check box, and then click "OK"
two times.

8. Restart the web services.

For more information, please refer:

815054 IIS 6.0: "Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'" Error Message
When You View the Administrative Web Site

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=815054

229657 PRB: ASP 0156: 80004005 Header Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=229657

I hope the above information helps.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jorge Fei

MCSE MCP
Microsoft Partner Online Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

v-jfei (19)

How to add Alternate owner for email group id in Outlook 2003!
Hi!, I am new to outlook 2003 and have created a email group id with 5 persons on it. As of now I am the owner/managinf the group email id. I would like to add another person as an alternative owner for the same group. Could you please let me know how I can do this? Thanks, Ramesh ramesh wrote: > Hi!, > > I am new to outlook 2003 and have created a email group id with 5 > persons on it. As of now I am the owner/managinf the group email id. > I would like to add another person as an alternative owner for the > same group. > > Could you please let me know how I can...

Moving Exchange 2003 Server to colocation
Hello everybody! Currently we have an in-house Exchange 2003 Server with about 70 mailboxes. It's in our LAN and accesses domain controllers directly. Now we are considering moving the exchange server to a hosting provider and what I can't understand is how do I allow the exchange server access active directory controllers and vice versa. Should I open a VPN channel? Or create another AD site (and probably still create a VPN channel)? Couldn't find any specific recipies neither in docs nor in google. I will be gtareful for any links to similar configuration examples. ...

Making Bulk changes with import files
Hi all. Years ago I worked as an exchange 5.5 admin and I could use a simple csv file to enable a mailbox as well as have that same file set the mailbox to deliver to a custom recipient. Also I could delete CR/Mailboxes with a csv file. Are there any such switches in Exchange 2003? Is there any place that lists all the goodies? I've been searching the knowledge base and googling without success. Thanks! In Exchange 5.5 we had directory database for exchange. In Exchange 2000 and 2003 we do not have any separate directory for Exchange. All the mailbox or contact related attrib...

Exchange 2003 SMTP lockdown #2
How do I secure smtp to only let authenticated users send e-mails for internal users and users that connect using pop3. Thanks Amador I am also having this problem. I must have not configured something somewhere. But to explain further....... If i use my home pc to connect to our mail server and send a mail from say fred@company.com to Paul@company.com it will get sent. This means that if someone gets hold of a few of our company addresses, they can send mails to them. Our server needs auth if you are sending from fred@company.com to paul@hotmail.com so thats ok. Any help please Paul &...

Server Busy message during printing from Excel after Off. 2003 SP2
Hello. I have an application written in MFC which reports some information to MS Excel. A "Server busy" dialog is displayed within processing after printing from Excel. After creating a report I'm calling: - Minimize my report application - Displaying Excel window - Print preview (user can print document) - Closing a Workbook (without any prompt to save) - Quit Excel application - Restore my report application After printing from Excel, the "Server busy" dialog box is displayed (no close and quit behavior is processed, even the Retry button is pressed)...

A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table
Please help. It is urgent! I received the following error when I do purchase goods receivings transactions: A get/change first operation on table 'POP_Rec_Opt' cannot find the table Regards, Joe ...

Outlook 2003 Filtering email after SP1
I have both server based and PC based SPAM filters which flag spam with [SPAM] in the subject line. Before SP1 to Outlook 2003, my filters to delete these messages worked. Now messages that are marked as junk by outlook are not effected by my filters, they go to Junk, despite my filters. If I turn outlook Junk filtering Off, my filters work, but I was wondering if there is a way to restore the pre-SP1 behaviour. ...

Security Settings Changes; Contacts List
I have two problems that I would appreciate help in solving 1. I get the following message when I try to send a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail: "Current security settings prohibit running active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This is annoying. How do I get rid of the message or reset the security setting? 2. When I use the contact look up feature the default address book is for Outlook Address Book rather than Contacts. How do I change the default so that it opens directly with the Contacts? Chuck Humphrey ...

how to change Outlook Connector password??
When I am in Live ID, I m unable to st a new password for OUTLOOK CONNECTOR, and posted responses don't address the problem. Help!!! The connector uses the same password as your live id account. You can't set a separate one for it. After you change the live id password outlook will whine and you can then change it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

CHANGE WHOLE EXCEL worksheet TO UPPERCASE LETTERS?
My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It has like 43,000 records. How do I do that? He says it's possible, but I've never seen it done. I'm Using Excell 2003. Your boss must be thinking of using a macro. Take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper In article <608169EE-E690-4B26-AFD2-2FE9ECEBE856@microsoft.com>, "mineralgirl" <mineralgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters. It > has like 43,000 records. How do...

block users from using outlook & OWA at the same time
how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once logged off form Outlook then only be abel to log on to OWA. JJ le Grange <JJleGrange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how can I stop sers from accessing their mail from Outlook & OWA at > the same time. I know you can stop access to OWA for individual users > BUT I needto make it so that they can only access Outlook & once > logged off form Outlook then ...

Word document embedded in Excel 2003 won't wrap
A word document embedded in a worksheet won't automatically wrap, the text runs out of the box. This same spreadsheet worked fine in Office 97, won't work right in Office 2003 Pro. It's driving me nuts, this is the specifications pages in my construction estimating spreadsheet, and if I can't use a word document I'll lose access to all my painstakingly written auto text accumulated over the years. I've tried adjusting margins both of the individual worksheet and the word document, but nothing seems to work. ...

How to completely password protect Outlook 2000
I have my Outlook 2000 program will open and show saved emails, calendar, etc. It will ask for a password to retrieve new email but I would like to completely password protect the entire Outlook 2000 program so just anyone using my computer can't look at saved emai. I use Outlook Express and it works great just does not have calendar, etc. Please help. Jim Right click on Outlook Today=>Properties=>Advanced. Set your password there and do not forget it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest ...

SBS 2003 to Windows 2008 and Exchange 2010
I have done a migration in the past from SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2008 and Exchange 2007. Basically I installed the new server in the domain, promoted it to a DC, installed Exch 2007 moved mailboxes etc to new server, decommissioned old Exchange box, moved FSMO roles and ran DC Promo on SBS 2003 server. Will this work with Exchange 2010 and is this a supported migration path? Thanks in advance -- Kent On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:13:03 -0800, Kent Tylman <KentTylman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have done a migration in the past from SBS 2003 to Windows Serve...

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

Access 2.0 Converter for Access 2003
I don't have the patience for the "free" Microsoft online help. I am trying to import some old access DB files into my access 2003 software for data extraction. Thinking I would be finished in no time... BAM Access 2.0 converter needed to open file... ok. I try Microsoft online... sign in. sign in. fill form. copy Key from access. "Not a valid key" I've not yet installed my complimentary "Full Version" of office 2003. So just to be granted the privalege to download this (simple?) patch I must quit what I'm working on, Install Office...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Commit updates to current record without changing records
I have a form that is a contractor's timesheet. I have a button on the form that launches a series of queries that create invoice items in an invoice table based on entries in the timesheet. I would like to allow the user to update the timesheet and use the button so that invoice items change on-the-fly. Is there a way to commit changes (updates) to the current record on the timesheet form without having to move between records? Thanks much in advance! Yes, you save the record. When you place a button on your form, the button wizard will give you the option of Record Op...

change regarding default entity
Hello, I am looking for a way to change the default entity company in a custom made entity (or another) when I want to regard an email from outlook into CRM. Anyone? Hi maerten, You could use JavaScript to achieve this. Add it to the onload event of your activity. I found the following code in the Microsoft CRM SDK: //This sample code demonstrates how to set a value to a pricelevelid lookup control on an opportunity //form. In this example, the price level is set to Retail. // Create a lookupItem to store the values that you want to set to a target lookup control. var lookupItem = ne...

owa http to https
as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us So when attempt to redirect http://server to http://server/exchange I get a 403 forbidden- You are not authorized to view this page I have repleaced the 403.4 with /owaasp/owahttps.asp for /exchange and have place owahttp.asp in the top of the doc list on Default Web Site. What am I missing ? SSL setup on default website or wherever OWA runs from ? "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2999E1A6-8784-4054-BB61-2CE6F78E9CC3@microsoft.com... > as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839357/en-us >...

Textbox size changes on deletion of rows
I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar). The textbox extends downward and actually to the right-hand side of 15 rows of data. I run a macro that deletes 5 or 6 rows and my textbox shrinks because of the deleted rows; how can I prevent this from happening? TIA, Set the properties of the text box so it doesn't size with the cells: Select the text box Choose Format>Text Box Select the Properties tab Select Move but don't size with cells (or -- Don't move or size with cells) Click OK Jim May wrote: > I've created a textbox (using the Drawing Toolbar)....

password #4
I got a new computer, after installing Money 2001 to my new computer I tried importing/restoring my Money backup. The program keeps asking me for a password we I try downloading the backup from the cd. Any ideas?? Thanks, Mel In microsoft.public.money, Melvin wrote: >I got a new computer, after installing Money 2001 to my >new computer I tried importing/restoring my Money >backup. The program keeps asking me for a password we I >try downloading the backup from the cd. Any ideas?? password There have been some relevant postings in the group you should find useful. I...

OWA Authentication
Hi I have a problem with OWA authentication. When I launch my browser and type in the OWA url, i'm immediately prompted with a username and password dialog box. When i type in my username and password it then proceeds to the OWA login screen, where i type in my mailbox name. After i type in mailbox name the normal username and password dialog box appears, at which entering the correct credentials allows me into the mailbox screen. My question is, how did i get rid of that initial username and password dialog box? We have other exchange boxes here, but they do not have the same proble...

CRM 4.0 Client inactive in outlook 2003
i have CRM4.0 client running with outlook 2003 all was fine till the tools bar cames inactive. i ran the diagnostic tool and i got network and connectivity error where authentication to CRM server couldn't be established, trying to reconfigure i got 401 unauthorized error .. any one have ideas about this problem support question: ;-) if you connect to the crm with internet explorer: do you get a login dialog? -- ______________ closing and rating answers is a good habit and helps the community. please make it so ">ADAM" wrote: > i have CRM4.0 client running wi...