2003 OWA - password change screen

We are having problems when end users hit the cancel button on the Exchange
2003 OWA password change screen, it actually gives an ASP error when hitting
the cancel button on this particular screen.     Does anyone have an TechNet
Articles on why this doesn't work?

0
sabo_e (163)

Dear Sabo,

Thanks for posting here.

In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed
message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the
picture when you post back.

Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change
password in Exchange 2003 OWA:

You must first configure your server to use SSL.
Then, you need to create a new Virtual Directory called IISADMPWD under the
Default Web Site.
1.          Open Internet Information Services Manager from the
Administrative Tools.
2.         In IIS Manager expand SERVERNAME (Where SERVERNAME is your
server name object), expand Web Sites, and then expand Default Web Site.
3.         Right-click Default Web site and choose New, then select Virtual
Directory.
4.         In the Welcome screen click Next.
5.         In the Virtual Directory Alias window type IISADMPWD. Click
Next.
6.         In the Website Content Directory screen navigate to
%Systemroot%\System32\Inetsrv\Iisadmpwd. Click Next.
7.         In the Virtual Directory Access Permissions grant Read, and Run
Scripts. Click Next.
8.         Click Finish.
9.         See that the new Virtual Directory is listed in the folder list
on the right-pane of the IIS Admin console.

Next, you need to enable the Change Password button in the Registry of the
server.
1.          Open Regedt32
2.         Navigate to DisablePassword under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA
(Change from 1 to 0)
3.         Restart the IIS Services.

Note:  You may have issues if you are running URLScan on the IIS Server,
also, you may need to configure this on both FE & BE Servers to get this to
work correctly for your users.

If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to post back.
I will be standing by for you reply.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jorge Fei

MCSE MCP
Microsoft Partner Online Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

v-jfei (19)
2/13/2004 8:36:15 AM
Jorge,
    Thanks for your response, the front-end back-end configuration is
properly setup because Microsoft help me through it.   The problem I am
getting now is when an user password needs changed, it takes them to the
password change screen which is okay, but when the user clicks on cancel.

We get the following error message:

URL is
https://www.cup.edu/iisadmpwd/aexp2.asp?https://www.cup.edu:443/exchange/?

Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'

Header Error

/iisadmpwd/aexp2.asp, line 26

The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header
modifications must be made before writing page content.

"Jorge Fei [MSFT]" <v-jfei@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sabo,
>
> Thanks for posting here.
>
> In order to narrow down the problem, please provide me with the detailed
> message of the ASP error. You may capture a screen shoot and attach the
> picture when you post back.
>
> Also, I would like to give you the detailed steps for enable change
> password in Exchange 2003 OWA:
>
> You must first configure your server to use SSL.
> Then, you need to create a new Virtual Directory called IISADMPWD under
the
> Default Web Site.
> 1.          Open Internet Information Services Manager from the
> Administrative Tools.
> 2.         In IIS Manager expand SERVERNAME (Where SERVERNAME is your
> server name object), expand Web Sites, and then expand Default Web Site.
> 3.         Right-click Default Web site and choose New, then select
Virtual
> Directory.
> 4.         In the Welcome screen click Next.
> 5.         In the Virtual Directory Alias window type IISADMPWD. Click
> Next.
> 6.         In the Website Content Directory screen navigate to
> %Systemroot%\System32\Inetsrv\Iisadmpwd. Click Next.
> 7.         In the Virtual Directory Access Permissions grant Read, and Run
> Scripts. Click Next.
> 8.         Click Finish.
> 9.         See that the new Virtual Directory is listed in the folder list
> on the right-pane of the IIS Admin console.
>
> Next, you need to enable the Change Password button in the Registry of the
> server.
> 1.          Open Regedt32
> 2.         Navigate to DisablePassword under
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWEB\OWA
> (Change from 1 to 0)
> 3.         Restart the IIS Services.
>
> Note:  You may have issues if you are running URLScan on the IIS Server,
> also, you may need to configure this on both FE & BE Servers to get this
> work correctly for your users.
>
> If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to post back.
> I will be standing by for you reply.
>
> Have a nice day!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Jorge Fei
>
> MCSE MCP
> Microsoft Partner Online Support

> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
>
> so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
rights.

0
sabo_e (163)
2/13/2004 4:46:12 PM
Well I don't have the exact same problem.
The Change Password button doesn't appear, I've edited the
registry and added iisadmpwd to iis.

I don't know if this problem has something to do with
using swedish as locales on the exchange 2k3 servers.

confers no rights.

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/14/2004 9:40:17 AM
Dear Sabo,

Thanks for the update.

I would like to suggest you try the following steps:

1. In Internet Services Manager, double-click "Servername(local computer)."

2. Double-click "Web Sites".

3. Right-click the" Administration" Web site, and then click "Properties".

4. Click "Home Directory".

5. Click "Configuration".

6. Click "Options".

7. Click to select the "Enable buffering" check box, and then click "OK"
two times.

8. Restart the web services.

For more information, please refer:

815054 IIS 6.0: "Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'" Error Message
When You View the Administrative Web Site

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=815054

229657 PRB: ASP 0156: 80004005 Header Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=229657

I hope the above information helps.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Jorge Fei

MCSE MCP
Microsoft Partner Online Support

so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

v-jfei (19)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

how do i change tick marks of excel graph from vb.net
I'm trying to change using VB.NET the tick marks from their default outside position and place them inside the graph. How can this be done? ...

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

copy does not work in word 2003

Running a query against a password protected spreadsheet
I used to be able to run an access query against a linked excel spreadsheet and update information in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is now password protected, and although I can run the query against it OK, I can no longer update data in it. Does anyone have any solution to this. Regards Steve What version of Access and how long ago were you able to do this? The reason that I ask is that Microsoft lost a patent lawsuit a few years ago on updating linked Excel worksheets from Access. I believe that they blocked this ability from Access 2002 and newer. http://support...

OWA Error 503
We're getting a "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" trying to run OWA on Exchange 2003. I'm desperate for help to get OWA working as it is stopping our remote workers getting email. We've run OWA happily for 2 years on Win2K and Exchange2K. I've built 2 new boxes (BEServer & FEServer) with Windows 2003 & Exchange 2003. BEServer is running inside our firewall as a back-end server. FEServer runs in the DMZ as a front-end server. This is the same configuration we had previously which worked fine with Win2K etc. BEServer is working fine on our LAN serving all ou...

Excel Maximized Larger than Screen?
I was on a PC yesterday where Excel Maximized was larger than the PC Screen ... very annoying ... What is the setup required to set Excel Maximized to PC Screen Size ... As always ... My many Thanks to those of you that support this board ... Kha ... Do you mean excel or a workbook within excel? If you meant excel, then I'm gonna guess (and it's just a guess) that either windows got confused (or you changed the display properties for your windows setting 1024x768 type of thing). I'd resize it and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, I'd chalk it up to one time thin...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

IIS Admin Service Stops Repeatedly
Hi! I am having the same symtoms that are described in knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885264. The IIS admin and SMP services crashes repeatedly (6 times since last server restart 3 Hours Ago), after IIS crash I receive an instant phone call from my external OWA users!!! I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and that KB Hotfix does not apply to my OS version. I need help with this PLEASE!!!! The IIS Services simply goes down and theres no clue for me to start troubleshooting. The Exchange Server has been running for 3 months without an...

password
I want to password protect my excel file(s) but the Password option is not displayed in the Save As Tools drop down menu? Anybody have any ideas why it is not displaying? Henry, To password protect your files you need to look under "Tools" -> "Protection" then you need to decide wether you'd like to protect your sheet or workbook... Once you save a protected file next time you need to modify it you'll notice the protection. To allow users to modify some values use the following Hold down shift Select the cells you'd like to have your users modify Right ...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003