2003 calendar free/busy times

New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site
to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting
notice could check to see if the time was available.  I can't seem to find
out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative
groups servers to another the calendar info?
TIA

Nancy Stevens
NStevens@tycoint.com

0
nstevens (97)

in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public
Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+
Free Busy", select the appropriate folder, and ensure there's a replica in
the other AG...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260013/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message
> New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site
> to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a
meeting
> notice could check to see if the time was available.  I can't seem to find
> out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative
> groups servers to another the calendar info?
> TIA
>
> Nancy Stevens
> NStevens@tycoint.com

0
sconkey (3059)
1/3/2006 6:03:01 PM
thanks! - that worked !

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public
> Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under
> "Schedule+
> Free Busy", select the appropriate folder, and ensure there's a replica in
> the other AG...

> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message
>> New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from
>> site
>> to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a
> meeting
>> notice could check to see if the time was available.  I can't seem to
>> find
>> out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative
>> groups servers to another the calendar info?
>> TIA
>>
>> Nancy Stevens
>> NStevens@tycoint.com

0
nstevens (97)

Strange problem outlook 2003 signature & formulars
Hey, i have a strange problem, in our setup we have signatures on our client machines. We also want to work with standard formulars. The thing is, on 1 machine, the formula is placed over the signature, which is correct, but on several other machines the formula is placed under the signature, not good ;o) Anyone have experienced this problem ? Best regards Kim ...

Contacts In outlook 2003
All, When making a contact with a E-Mail address and a fax numer I see 2 contacts in the Addresslist (one for the mail and one for the fax). We have WIN2000 Installed and a modem on board, fax is installed as a service...Is that the reason? How can we show only E-mail contacts since we don't use the modem for Fax... Marc The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., prece...

News Goup in Outlook 2003
Win XP Pro, Outlook 2003. I've followed the common directions of how to put the "News" button in the Go menu but when I go to Tools>Customize>Command tab> select Go and am supposed to be able to drag "news" over from the Commands to Categories. The problem is that there is no "news" there at all. Even after selecting the Go. Actually even after I click the "Rearrange Commands" button there is not "news" in any of the "Menu Bars" there at all. So where would it be and how can I get the "News" button back ...

Time Problem
My Emails are appearing in my Inbox one hour later than the actual time. I have tested this by sedning myself a message from an external account, and it arrived saying it was received one hour before it was sent. Paul Smth Done that and both are set correctly..... Anyone from Microsoft got any answer as to why my Emails are showing up in advance. The Email headers look okay. Paul Smith "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message news:eX7wHo$oIHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Ensure your PC time is set correctly, then check in Outlook, under > calendar options ...

How can I insert signatures in outlook 2003
I would like to use signatures in Outlook 2003 but the instructions in the "Help" section tell me to use the "Insert"menu. I do not have an insert menu in the menu bar. Anybody have any suggestions? Gerry, To insert a signature in an individual email you need to go through the insert menu within that email (eg. open a new email and you will get the insert menu) To set up an automatic signature you go through Tools>Options>Mail Format and select use the signature picker at the bottom. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to use signatures in Outlook...

Exchange 2003 and Recipient policy
Hi Does anyone have any ideas, how to create recipient policies using vbscript or some other scripting languages? If there is a possibility (using scripts) to create a new recipient policy or copying existing one and renaming it, please let me know :) I have looked everywhere, but haven't found anything useful.. With best regards, Martin Is it really possible, that noone has done recipient policy using scripts? With best regards, Martin "Martin Saumann" wrote: > Hi > > Does anyone have any ideas, how to create recipient policies using vbscript > or some ...

Converting from time format to decimal and figuring the difference
I am creating a dialy time record for reporting to an online time card system. I need to convert from excel's time format to decimal format and figure the difference from start time and finish time in 1/10th hour increments and have it displayed it as such. Hi Steve, I expect the first problem you will run into is converting an Excel time to hours. After you have the difference or sums of Excel times and you want to convert to hours multiply by 24 and format as a number representing hours and decimal hours. Time and dates are measured in days after 1899 or other reference point....

Problem with Outlook 2003 #3
I am having difficulty trying to delete an outgoing message in my *Outbox* in Outlook 2003 (running XP Pro). I need to know how to delete the message. I have tried deleting it and a message comes up that says it is already in the process of being sent. Thanks, Zero One Put Outlook into offline mode. To do this go to File-> Work Offline. Now restart Outlook and see if you can delete it. Don't forget to put Outlook back On-line again. If it's still stuck; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Ti...

SBS 2003
I've been asked to tidy up the share permissions on an SBS 2003 server which has been set up by various user administrators along the way. All users have a shared folder mounted as a network drive on their desktops. They have access to all the folders and sub-folders in this share, but the permissions have been granted in an ad-hoc way, some via groups, some by giving individual permissions, and some by straight-forward inheritance. What I'd like to do is set up the permissions via a single group (e.g. office) which can be applied to the shared folder, add all permitted ...

How to tell who is currently logged into Exchange Server 2003
Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? Thank you. "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a quick and easy way to see who is currently logged into their mailbox? > >Thank you. Look in Exchange System Manager. Drill down to the mailboxes on the navigation pane and view the list in the content pane. You can see the mailbox name, last logged on by person and both the logon and log off times. You can then see who's on the server. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resou...

Business Portal Statement of Earnings
The client has been running Business Portal 4.0 for almost a year now. Just recently in their last 2 payruns some of the employees statement of earnings within BP do not show the Direct Deposit information anymore. Has any one else experienced this. Thanks Joel ...

Wordart in Publisher 2003
When I use certian fonts in Publisher 2003 for Wordart, I get little dots above all the letters. Clarendon, for instance - as regular type, it's fine. If you put it into wordart the dots appear and print. Is there a way to get rid of the dots? Thanks. I have Clarendon and I am not getting this look. Did you buy Clarendon? Do you have another copy somewhere? Maybe a re-install... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "silver" <silver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21BF397C-74CD-4C3B-...

What program do I install to install office 2003 with no prior pro
I bought microsoft office 2003.I have XP home.I had no microsoft programs installed prior to my purchase.When I try to install 2003 it tells me it can not find a prior program.Is there a program or download I can use to get 2003 to install? Did you buy an upgrade as opposed to a standalone version? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "lwd" <lwd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B70CC66B-DEE4-4D4B-876B-3DD6C4D48D43@microsoft.com... >I bought microsoft office 2003.I have XP home.I had no microsoft programs > installed prior to my pur...

Weeknumbers to calendar component?
Hi I have put a calendar activex component into my form. I wonder if it is possible to get also weeknumbers involved in calendar component? Hannu Not sure exactly what you mean by "get... involved in calendar component." If you place a textbox on your form named *WeekNumber* and then use this code (where YourCalendarName is the actual name of your ActiveX calendar) Private Sub YourCalendarName_Click() WeekNumber = Format(YourCalendarName, "ww") End Sub it will place the week number in the textbox. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/p...

OWA calendar month-view missing with non-IE browsers
One of my users has pointed out that there is no calendar month-view available from OWA when using a non-IE browser (he uses Linux). This seems to be the case with both E2k & E2k3. Is there any way to get a month-view for these users (hacks, 3rd party solution, etc.)? Thanks. -GT ...

EXCH 2003
On exchange 2003 SP2 How can I set up an audit on who's deleting e-mails in a public folder ? Thank you In news:1154368101.462065.192490@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, olivier.greoli@gmail.com <olivier.greoli@gmail.com> typed: > On exchange 2003 SP2 > How can I set up an audit on who's deleting e-mails in a public folder > ? > > Thank you I'm not sure you can. It would probably be better to limit these permissions to those you can trust, and grant most people Reviewer access only. ...

Exchange 5.5 Hotfix 293836 and November 2003 Rollup
Does anyone know if the hotfix identified in KB 293836 (excessive scanning in ESE) is included in the November 2004 Update Rollup? The version # of the store.exe is newer in the November rollup but it does not explicitly state in the fix list that it is included. Thanks in advance for any knowledge! Julie ...

Installing Exchange 2003 after Exchange 2007?
Ok - this is going to sound backwards, but bear with me. We have an Exchange 2000 server that's served the department for years. For all intents and purposes, this server is stand-alone - meaning there are no other Exchange servers in the organization and there are no external gateways either. Problem is that now this server is slowly failing. We also have a brand new Exchange 2007 server that was recently installed. It works great so far, but there are very few antivirus products out there that support this version. What's worse is that our own vendor won't be able to provi...

How do I access multiple outlook accounts at the same time?
In our office there are multiple outlook acct's i'd like to be able to access at the same time. Is it possible to look at one account while having another open? Also does anyone know how to personalize mass e-mailings with the person's first name? jaycee <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our office there are multiple outlook acct's i'd like to be able > to access at the same time. Is it possible to look at one account > while having another open? Accounts don't get "opened" in Outlook. Outlook can certainly manage multiple...

Server 2003 continually rebooting.....
I was elected to solve a serious issue for our little company, but I am having serious problems figuring it out. Our Dell Poweredge SC420 (running Windows SBS 2003) starting rebooting continually. This was odd as we have a 2 drive RAID 1 built in and I thought the second drive would take over should the first one fail. (It may well have....I would not be surprised if the warnings were ignored until both drives failed.) Nonetheless, here I am. I have replaced the main hard drive and disconnected the second drive. I have restored the primary drive's partitions from Acronis ...

Input Mask in 2003?
Anyone know how to set an input mask for cells in excel. I would like to have the date displayed when I type without having to type the / or -. TIA You can use an event macro that looks at your entry and converts it to a date. Chip Pearson has the code here: http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Soaring_Eagle wrote: > > Anyone know how to set an input mask for cells in excel. I would like > to have the date displayed when I type without having to type the / or > -. > > TIA -- Dave Peterson ...

PST size limit
What is the actual PST size limit on the Outlook 2003 program? MS states it is 20GB or more but I just ran out of space at 4GB. I created another PST and ran out again around 4GB. I have 9GB total and was told it would all fit in one PST. What is the deal? What OS are you using? There actually a very high theoretical limit to the size of a new Unicode PST file (I think it was the terabyte range but I forget at the moment). Also, when creating the new PST, you're creating it as an "Office Outlook Personal Folder file" not as an Outlook 97-2002 compatible one, correct? &l...

MS Money 2003
Hi, I am using Money 2003 to download bank statements. Few months back, I set up Wachovia account and was able to download the statement. When I tried today, it is simply not downloading stating that 'Request to get statements for Wachovia Checking Account failed. Pls call customer support for your financial institution'. Any solved this issues? Regards there may not be many questons I can answer, but this one I know... all too well... You have to be on 2005 or newer for wachovia now. They don't support older versions... the only reason I went to 2005 and I regret it... &quo...

how can we enter at the same time maintain a formula in a cell?
Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro should run automatically when the excel file is open -- Life isa journey not a destination Put this event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim r As Range Set r = Range("B9") If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False r.Value = 0.75 * r.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub If you enter a value in cell B9, it will auto...

Holiday doesn't show up on outlook calendar
Hi, I am using outlook 2002 sp3. I added the the holidays of Canada to calendar but no holidays are show up on the calendar. I closed / open the outlook still no luck. Any one know how to make it work? Thanks in advance for your kindly help. Regards, Jacky http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outl...