2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain

Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,

Please help as I'm new to Exchange....

I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same
domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
gateway VPN.

If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list
and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the
server B's inbox?

Is there a way to track it?

K.J.B.


0
10/31/2005 6:43:25 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
726 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

You can enable message tracking...
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html


CAn you telnet from one server to the other, and sent mail that way?


"K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message 
news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
>
> Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
>
> I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the 
> same
> domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
> gateway VPN.
>
> If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address 
> list
> and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the
> server B's inbox?
>
> Is there a way to track it?
>
> K.J.B.
>
> 


0
tfelts1 (344)
10/31/2005 6:48:31 PM
Message Tracking Center
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT
www.zenprise.com
blog: www.suneja.com/blog
-----------------------------------------


"K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message 
news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
>
> Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
>
> I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the 
> same
> domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
> gateway VPN.
>
> If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address 
> list
> and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the
> server B's inbox?
>
> Is there a way to track it?
>
> K.J.B.
>
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
10/31/2005 6:51:33 PM
According to the System Manager:

ServerB@mydomain.com Queue is "Retry".

Why won't the messages go through?

I try and "Force" a connection to no avail.  I get the error message The
semaphore timeout period has expired


KJB


"Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
news:OGk0xuk3FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
> You can enable message tracking...
>
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html
>
>
> CAn you telnet from one server to the other, and sent mail that way?
>
>
> "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
> news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
> >
> > Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
> >
> > I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the
> > same
> > domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
> > gateway VPN.
> >
> > If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address
> > list
> > and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @
the
> > server B's inbox?
> >
> > Is there a way to track it?
> >
> > K.J.B.
> >
> >
>
>


0
10/31/2005 7:49:59 PM
From server 2 can you ping server 1?
CAn you telnet from server 2 to server one (port 25) and send mail?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q153119/



"K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message 
news:urIEJRl3FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> According to the System Manager:
>
> ServerB@mydomain.com Queue is "Retry".
>
> Why won't the messages go through?
>
> I try and "Force" a connection to no avail.  I get the error message The
> semaphore timeout period has expired
>
>
> KJB
>
>
> "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> news:OGk0xuk3FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>
>> You can enable message tracking...
>>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html
>>
>>
>> CAn you telnet from one server to the other, and sent mail that way?
>>
>>
>> "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> > Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
>> >
>> > Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
>> >
>> > I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the
>> > same
>> > domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
>> > gateway VPN.
>> >
>> > If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address
>> > list
>> > and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @
> the
>> > server B's inbox?
>> >
>> > Is there a way to track it?
>> >
>> > K.J.B.
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>
> 


0
tfelts1 (344)
10/31/2005 8:03:02 PM
I am definately able to both ping and telnet to each server.

Would it have to do that the Servers are on different subnets?

192.168.100.XXX
192.168.120.XXX

Thanks for all your help on this one!




"Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
news:O%233HcYl3FHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> From server 2 can you ping server 1?
> CAn you telnet from server 2 to server one (port 25) and send mail?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q153119/
>
>
>
> "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
> news:urIEJRl3FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > According to the System Manager:
> >
> > ServerB@mydomain.com Queue is "Retry".
> >
> > Why won't the messages go through?
> >
> > I try and "Force" a connection to no avail.  I get the error message The
> > semaphore timeout period has expired
> >
> >
> > KJB
> >
> >
> > "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> > news:OGk0xuk3FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >>
> >> You can enable message tracking...
> >>
> >
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html
> >>
> >>
> >> CAn you telnet from one server to the other, and sent mail that way?
> >>
> >>
> >> "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
> >> news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >> > Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
> >> >
> >> > Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
> >> >
> >> > I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in
the
> >> > same
> >> > domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to
> >> > gateway VPN.
> >> >
> >> > If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal
address
> >> > list
> >> > and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives
@
> > the
> >> > server B's inbox?
> >> >
> >> > Is there a way to track it?
> >> >
> >> > K.J.B.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


0
10/31/2005 11:11:04 PM
Weird.    See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898060

What is the service pack level on these machines?




"K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
news:uMwfgBn3FHA.3868@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I am definately able to both ping and telnet to each server.
>
> Would it have to do that the Servers are on different subnets?
>
> 192.168.100.XXX
> 192.168.120.XXX
>
> Thanks for all your help on this one!
>
>
>
>
> "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> news:O%233HcYl3FHA.3844@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > From server 2 can you ping server 1?
> > CAn you telnet from server 2 to server one (port 25) and send mail?
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q153119/
> >
> >
> >
> > "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
> > news:urIEJRl3FHA.2600@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > According to the System Manager:
> > >
> > > ServerB@mydomain.com Queue is "Retry".
> > >
> > > Why won't the messages go through?
> > >
> > > I try and "Force" a connection to no avail.  I get the error message
The
> > > semaphore timeout period has expired
> > >
> > >
> > > KJB
> > >
> > >
> > > "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message
> > > news:OGk0xuk3FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > >>
> > >> You can enable message tracking...
> > >>
> > >
>
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> CAn you telnet from one server to the other, and sent mail that way?
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> "K.J.B." <kelly.burch@khgcga.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:%23yLs7rk3FHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > >> > Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi,
> > >> >
> > >> > Please help as I'm new to Exchange....
> > >> >
> > >> > I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in
> the
> > >> > same
> > >> > domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway
to
> > >> > gateway VPN.
> > >> >
> > >> > If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal
> address
> > >> > list
> > >> > and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never
arrives
> @
> > > the
> > >> > server B's inbox?
> > >> >
> > >> > Is there a way to track it?
> > >> >
> > >> > K.J.B.
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
jjjjj
11/1/2005 1:07:44 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Sync GAL Exchange 2007 offline like outlook anyware?
Entourage 2008 client who work with exchange 2007 outside of the LAN, can sincronize GAL? I read about some options for lookup the GAL online: http://blogs.technet.com/msonline/archive/2008/08/28/global-address-list-gal-access-in-entourage-2008.aspx Is actually some aditional Microsoft Entorage solution? Is posible sync GAL offline like microsoft outlook anyware? On 2/9/10 11:40 PM, Juan C. wrote: > Entourage 2008 client who work with exchange 2007 outside of the LAN, > can sincronize GAL? > > I read about some options for lookup the GAL online: > > h...

Which Exchange 5.5 services should start manually?
Everyone, I had a recent Exchange problem and had to temporarily set all my Exchange services to start manually. To make a long story short, after everything was repaired I couldn't remember which services need to start manually and which need to start automatically. I have set all the Exchange services to start automatically, and everything works, but I do not believe this is how it should be. Would someone be so kind as to tell me which should of these services should start automatically vs manually? Exchange Directory Exchange Event Service Exchange Info Store Exchange Intertnet Mai...

Unable to create mailboxes after removing first exchange 2003 serv
I have removed the first exchange 2003 server enterprise in our domain and transferred all duties to the other exchange 2003 server enterprise. Emails work however, when I create a new user with a mailbox, the mailbox isn't created. I have followed the procedures outlined in MS KB article 822931. The problem surfaces after I "Rehome the Recipient Update Service" from the old server to the new server. When I change it back to the old server, mailboxes are created. Thanks in advanced for your help. Let us know is that the new users not getting stamped with email ID ? or ...

Outlook Express 6 File attachment security. #2
I have Outlook express 6 and can't receive attachments because of the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" check box is selected. How can I turn this off if the tick box is greyed out. Please can you help Regards Jonathan Pearson ...

New Domain
Hello Everybody! I'm not really a very experienced Windows-Admin - the same is about Exchange Server. The facts: - We have a domain with some windows 2000 servers, about 400 Users - We have also an Exchane 2000 Server with about 400 Mailboxes Now we began to migrate to windows 2003. Because there were problems earlier (I think when we installed Exchange 2000 first time) we have to do some "hacks" in the AD with a tool to manually edit the LDAP-Directory ... Thats why we want to install the servers new - we will not upgrade with the setup-programs to 2003. I think there...

large email in exchange unable to delete
Hello, I've been looking for a solution, but nothing yet has worked. I have a user on Outlook 2003 who tried to send a 600MB file two days ago. it didn't go through, but she didn't receive a "could not send" notice, it's not in her sent mail folder, and she's now getting size limit warnings. Her local mailbox size doesn't reflect the size of the attachment, but using Exchange System Manager her total size is 600MB higher. Nothing that we have tried on the client has worked to remove the email, including procedures that have been suggested on this newsgroup. D...

giving Permission for EVERY Task ? #2
UserA create 2 tasks: Task1 and Task2 is it possible to give permission (Mofigy, delete the task) to some Users for every task, For example only for Task1 (no permission given to others for Task2). I appeciate any help See my response to your other post on this issue. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Faure" <philippe.faure@techn.alstom.com> wrote in message news:e1cae33d.0411030535.73b84b13@posting.google.com... > Use...

Row formatting based on cell content #2
That didn't turn out the way i had hoped to explain what i get in m files....but if you can imagine a space in the first colum where heading appears BLUETOOTH DBT120 D-LINK Bluetooth USB Adapter DCF650BT D-LINK Bluetooth PDA Compact Flash CABLE CABLE - SURGE FILTER SF001NP SURGE FILTER PC POWER CABLE CABLE - IDE HDD/CD ROM AUDCAB AUDIO CABLE - BLACK TO BLACK IDECAB IDE DATA CABLE (HDD/CD ROM) - 3 drop IDECAB133 IDE DATA CABLE -ULTRA ATA 133 (HDD) CABLE - NETWORK CABUTP005 0.5 METRE UTP RJ45 LEVEL 5 NETWORK CABLE CABUTP01 1 ...

Insert / remove a row from protected sheet excel 2003 #2
Hi, I have my worksheet protected. I set the frist 5 rows all cells to Locked. The rest of the cells are Unlocked. When applying protection I ticked the boxes saying allow insert of row and allow delete rows. Yet when the protection is applied the icons / menu options for inserting / deleting rows are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Michiel. ...

Anyone try out SQL 2005 SP2 on their CRM server yet?
Just curious if anyone has updated their CRM server to using the newly issued SP2 for SQL 2005. Any problems? Hiccups? Smoother than SP1 I hope? -- Sketchy Hi!, It seems to work fine. We didnot face any issues till this moment. Keeping fingers crossed.Of course not any issues as there was in SP1. rgds "sketchy" wrote: > Just curious if anyone has updated their CRM server to using the newly issued > SP2 for SQL 2005. Any problems? Hiccups? Smoother than SP1 I hope? > > -- > Sketchy ...

Email not reaching individul domain, but is reaching all others.
Hi Guys, please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I am having a problem with sending emails to an individual domain. All other domains i send to reach the recipients. Now i know the first thing that people will say is that it must be something on their end. Thats what i said too but, they too recieve mail from everybody except us. The domain i am trying to sent to is jacklinks.info and my domain is cms-mail.net I have found out who hosts their domain and its a company called all-inkl.com. I do a tracert from my SBS2003 server that has exchange running on it. First hop ...

Exchange 5.5 POP3 Connector?
Hi i would like to know if anyone can recommend a good POP3 Connector for Exchange 5.5. Most Connectors work with 2000/2003. I really have a huge problem in that our Exchange Server 5.5 is purely used for internal company email. All have POP3 Accounts that send and receive externally. Because our Exchange 5.5 Server is not on the Internet we have a problem when external sources save our addresses and it shows with a .local extension instead of our POP3 registered .com extension. Is there a way of not having to choose which account whether it is external or internal in Outlook knowing i...

Forwarding rule doesn't work, Outlook 2002 & Exchange 5.5
My company's email is hosted on an Exchange 5.5 server. In my Outlook 2002 (Office XP) client, I have set up a rule to forward all inbound messages to an external email address. This rule is only triggering, however, on internally generated messages such as Outlook meeting invitations or McAfee Groupsheild email alerts. No other messages (internal or from the internet) ar being forwarded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

OWA Answering 2 SMTP Domains
Could someone please explain how to provide a second SMTP service for OWA. IE. OWA responding for 2 different mail domain names. Enviroment Exchange 2003 sp2 (Front End/Back End Configuration) Native AD Eviroment The current domain is highered.edu the new domain name is education.edu. The MX records point to the same server however when using mail.education.edu the server displays "Page cannot be displayed". I have added a "Virtual server" education which is mail.highered.edu/education which displays correctly but I would like the mail.education.edu to be the root ...

Connecting Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 through VPN
I have the following setup: MS Exhcange 2007 on the internal network. ISA Server 2006 firewall MS Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 I have access through the VPN - can file share, remote desktop etc. no problem When I try to connect Outlook to my account on the Exchange server from inside, no problem When I try to connect through the VPN, it appears to make a connection, but every time it tries to download mail it loses the connection, it then re-attaches and then tries to download email then loses connection - over and over. I can download Headers, but as soon as I mark an email f...

Task Pane #2
When I open Publisher 2007, the Task Pane automatically opens on the left side of the new document. Is there a way to permanently stop this from opening up every time rather than having to close it each time? I wish... You can tear it off and make it small. Drag it to a less intrusive area. Publisher will remember this maneuver the next time you open the program. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ItsAlwaysSomething" <ItsAlwaysSomething@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC3E06B4-1144-462D-B236-84C846C4293C@microsoft.com... > When I open Publisher ...

Disable Splash Screen #2
Is there a way to disable the splash screen in MS Outlook 2003? I am using WinXP HE. TIA, Bruce In news:OHDTOGFcFHA.2756@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Bruce <blwms@cox.net> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > Is there a way to disable the splash screen in MS Outlook 2003? I am > using WinXP HE. > > TIA, > Bruce I don't know how to disable it - I Googled and did not find a way either. What I do know is that if you're trouble is that the splash screen is hanging there, sometimes for as much as a couple of minutes, you can usually f...

Recover .pst's from priv.edb on Exchange 5.5
I have an inactive production Exchange Server 5.5, and no development server (we currently outsource our e-mail administration). I would like to extract the data from the priv.edb on the server and create .pst files for each user - including inbox, sent items, deleted items, etc. Can someone tell me how that can be done? I see references to Exmerge.exe, is that the correct tool to use here? Thank you. Yes. Exmerge is the tool that will extract mailboxes and export them to ..pst files. When you download Exmerge, there is a document that comes with it that does a very thorough job o...

having 2 accounts in outlook 2003 and deciding which one to send as
Hi, I have 2 accounts in outlook 2003. One is my exchange work account and the other is my home account. When I send e-mails, I would like to choose which account I can send from. I think Outlook Express has this feature, does Outlook 2003 have it? Thanks. Yes, it is the Accounts button. Also, you need to ensure that you can send from both accounts at home - authentication is probably required for one or the other, depending on the accounts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

>> RMS 1.2 support to end 1/09/2007 <<
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0592_01C7206E.7ACE4BA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please note that support for Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 ends = on=20 January 9, 2007. Microsoft will end support on this date. This also includes security updates for these service packs. Microsoft is providing final notifications to customers regarding the = end of=20 support for these products. Microsoft is ending support for these products as part of the Microsoft=20 Support Lifecycle ...

Autofilter #2
Why i cannot see the Autofilter when it is active??? Thanks for your help!!! Perhaps objects are hidden. To show them: Choose Tools>Options Select the View tab Under Object, choose 'Show All' or 'Show Placeholders' Click OK Villama2 wrote: > Why i cannot see the Autofilter when it is active??? > > Thanks for your help!!! -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Hotmail retrieval in Exchange 2003
I am using web exchange. How do I make it download hotmail? I have installed PopCon for my other pop3 mail Hi Robert, Hotmail only has an http interface and therefore, Exchange 2003 cannot pull down the email from Hotmail. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Robert Rychter" <robertr@ashpoint.com.au> wrote in me...

Exchange 2003 to 2010 transition
Hello, We are upgrading our exchange 2003 organization to 2010. We've already migrated our AD to 2008 R2. I have few questions regarding the transition: 1. We have limited resources and we wish to install all Exchange 2010 features on a single machine. Could that be done and support 300 mailboxes (storage is abundant, 24 GB RAM with 2 XEON quad core CPU's)? 2. How many partition should we create? Server has 2 RAIDS, RAID 1 for OS and a RAID 5, server runs 64 bit Windows 2008. 3. What are the partition sizes and what should they be used for? Thank you in advance. ...

Outlook logs in to email server before starting?
Whenever I start my PC and Windows XP boots up, when it comes to the login screen my account has "x unread messages" displayed next to it. I log in. I then start Outlook. Sure enough, x number of messages are downloaded. Does Outlook, before it's started and in the background, log into the POP server to scan the number of messages that are ready for retrieval? Marts, you wrote on Fri, 31 Jul 2009 12:34:39 +1000: > Whenever I start my PC and Windows XP boots up, when it comes to the login > screen my account has "x unread messages" displayed next to it. >...

Domain Name Stripping
Good evening! I wanted to ask if Outlook 2003 (not sure of the SP level...hopefully SP3) can perform Domain Name Stripping? Situation is that a client of ours receives e-mails from a third-party web site that takes orders on their behalf and then e-mails certain users to notify them that "your client placed an order". Well, for the last two weeks now there has been a problem when the client opens up one of those e-mails and hits "Reply to all". All we see is "joe.blow@" instead of joe.blow@somedomain.com. Now, if we look at the headers we see this: joe...