1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5

We have transfered all the mails to local pst file.
I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018
error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it
resolve the problem if I restore that.

I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on
database.
what will be the implication on site.

Kidly suggest.

us;812531
us;314917
us;151789
>Basically you have to restore from latest online backup,
provided that
>circular logging is disabled. This should eliminate 1018
without data
>loss. Repair almost certainly will cause data loss. If
restoring is not
>an option I would recommend  introduce second server in
site, move
>mailboxes (one by one), delete affected database (and
logs, making sure
>that shutdown was clean), start InfoStore, move mailboxes
back and
>disable circular logging.
>
>Srinivas wrote:
>
>> We have echange 5.5 with sp4 installed on windows 2000
>> advance server.
>> When I take online backup it give error in event viewer
as
>> 1018 & comes out.
>> I want to run hard repair on exchange database file
>> priv.edb
>>
>> my question is will it create any problem after I run
hard
>> repair, will it repair my priv.edb databse.
>>
>> I defraged priv.edb it gave error after defraing at 2%.
>> Integrity of priv.edb show as consistent
>>
>> I hv updated all the drivers related to H/W & raid
>> controller card.
>
>.

..

0
anonymous (74722)

I would not recommend repairing the database (eseutil /p)  if you have your
mail in pst files, I suggest creating a new store and importing the pst
files.  Repairing the database is always a last resort and you are likely to
lose data if you take that route.

To create the new store

-rename your MDBDATA folder or folders (these may exist on multiple drives
to MDBDATA.old
-create new MDBDATA folder or folders
-it is unlikely the pub is corrupt, so if you need the public folder data,
copy your pub.edb file to the newly created MDBDATA folder
-Start the information store
-if you receive a -1011 error go to the command prompt and change to your
exchsrvr\bin folder and type

isinteg -patch

-now you will have a new, empty private information store and can import the
pst files

Please note that this is a band-aid.  The -1018 errors are caused by faulty
hardware in 99.999 percent of the time.  Unless the underlying hardware
issue is addressed and resolved, the -1018 errors will still occur.

Do you have another server, you can bring up and join this site and move
your mailboxes to this server?  This is an option as you can then take time
to address the issue on the problem server.  Once this is resolved, you can
move the mailboxes back to the original server.

--
Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"Srinivas" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have transfered all the mails to local pst file.
> I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018
> error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it
> resolve the problem if I restore that.
>
> I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on
> database.
> what will be the implication on site.
>
> Kidly suggest.

0
mtravers (146)

printing error handling issue? (when clicking cancel get 2501 error)
I have a report that when it is closed the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint occurs ... but of course if the user clicks cancel, it gives me a 2501 error. How & where do I put code to surpress this error. I would just the close even to run the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint and if cancel is selected just continue to close the report? TIA, _Bigred I understand that I have to do this, I actually don't understand HOW to do it, and where to put code to accomplish this?? 1) What code do I use? 2) Where do I put the code? Thanks, _Bigred "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_...

Rules Error
Sometimes I get a message saying that I don't have permission to apply my filter, and it doesn't run a rule, and it also unchecks the rule in the Rules box....any help will be greatly appreciated....!! Thanks. ...

Search Error
While searching in outlook 97 i"m getting an error message : The search folder cann't be creatde, the folder allready exists ! and find window closes. Thank's Doron ...

Error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup
I get this while attempting to build an MFC project in VC++ 2003 that was created in VC++ 2002. It builds without a hitch in 2002. The only difference seems to be the new compiler version. I have stepped through every setting of every project and source file. I have recreated the projects from scratch and, in the process, stepped through every setting AGAIN. Always the same: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup. I've Googled several times on different keywords and cannot find anything that relates to my situation. Does anyone have any idea wh...

publisher installation error
Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times and re-booting my pc, but nothing works. "G" wrote: > Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it > won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that > I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be > shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times > and re-booting my pc, but no...

Error 643 & Error 80070663
Hey, I am trying to update my computer and I tried installing 3 important updates but they keep failing to install....I have tried around 15-20 times but they wont work! -Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System(KB969613) -Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System(KB973704) -Update for Microsoft Silverliught (KB82926) Hello Dustin, See if anything here helps. <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913754> You might want to look at the following kb article to see if this will help with the error 80070643. <http://windows.microsoft.com/en...

ERROR TRYING TO PRINT-URGENT
Dear users: I'm getting this error when I try to print a message from my INBOX, why? " An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 252 Char 1 Error: Permission denied"' I'm the administrator and have total privileges Arturo ...

Exchange routing trouble
I have 1 AD forest with a child domain. 1 enterprise mail org with 1 administrative group. Recently we added an exchange server in the child domain, the server is a member of the same administrative group (and thus the same mail org) as the original. The child domain is in a branch office connected by inet VPN tunnel. Probelm: Original server's queue to the new server is filling with a bunch of messages to "new server-IS@mydomain.com" the queue is always in retry. The same occurs in reverse on the new server (messages to "origianl server-IS@mydomain.com") queue is a...

writer error
Hello, I declare it in a public function inside a class: XmlTextWriter xml_writer=null; xml_writer=new XmlTextWriter(); and get this error: System.Xml.Writer.XmlTextWriter()' is inaccessible due to its protection level Could someone tell me why (in c#) it happens? Thanks a lot! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! juli jul wrote: > I declare it in a public function inside a class: > XmlTextWriter xml_writer=null; > xml_writer=new XmlTextWriter(); > > and get this error: > > Sy...

Outlook sync error
I have installed Activsync 3.7, and I can connect to my HP 5450 no problem, until I tick the sync with notes box then I get the following OUTLOOK error? "Synchronization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your desktop computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator. I have restarted six times and no change. Please has anyone got any ideas, I am running Windows XP, Office XP and norton internet security. Thanks Shane You might want to post this to microsoft.public.pocketpc.a...

Exchange routing #4
Hi, I currently have 3 Exchange servers (one is 2003, the other 2 are 2000) in my domain. They are located at different locations and send email out through their own Internet connection. I would like it to be set up so that the two Exchange 2000 servers use the 2003 server as a smarthost to relay email. So that all email from our company goes out through the one server. How would I start to set this up? Thanks, Gary. Set up a routing group that contains all the servers as members and then set the 2003 server as the bridgehead. What have you got in terms of admin groups at the moment ...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Combo Box #5
Hi- Would you please show me how to create a combo box that allows me to choose from a drop down list and also type in text? For example, if a doctor wants to choose from a drop down list of vaccinations given to a patient but also wants to type in the date they were administered in the same cell. Thank you! ...

Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0
Hello, I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm. When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an error. The application log tells me this: Source: MSCRMWebService Description: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a solution. Thanks! Regards Rene On the crm database run the following command: Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2 NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but should work. -...

SBS 2003, MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store, Error: -1102 Warning
Hi all, I have event warning on the SBS 2003 - MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store. It is only warning but it will nice to have some explanation. Thank you, The log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 30/03/2005 Time: 3:36:35 p.m. User: N/A Computer: MYSERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MYSERVER)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID 2-45000A) Retrying withou...

Error Msg
We have an server-based Access application we've been using for years. I recently issued a new computer w/XP Pro and Office 2003 including Access. I used the same shortcut switch used for all our users but on this machine I get the following error: Access failed to evaluate one or more expressions because "Enabled" was referenced in an expression. Only functions and properties that are considered to be safe are allowed in expressions when Access runs in sandbox mode. What the hell?! tks, steve You can run anything, if the code has been signed by a developer who has ...

5.5 to 2003 Distribution Group ADC
Question: If Distribution Lists contain astrick's in the display name, alias name, directory name, ie: "* All Users", is there any problem with the ADC not being able to replicate to Active Directory/E2k3? I remember reading something a while back on this, but can't find any information on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in Advance! Scott ...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

Exchange 5.5 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Ok sorry this is the complete message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: Leo Subject: Test Sent: 4/8/2004 5:17:29 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Leo on 4/8/2004 5:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=MVCHAMBER;l=MVC5-040409001729Z-863 MSEXCH:IMS:MVCHAMBER:MVCHAMBER:MVC5 3553 (000B09B6) 553 mail rejected due to excessive spam (64.168.156.138) The Echange Server IP is 64.168.156.139 Any ideas??????????? Help! It is blocking sending to anyone@expressnets.com Gen...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

getting rid of linking errors...
hello every1, I am new to VC++. I have assignement in which i am trying to port VC 6 code to VC 2005. Although I removed some of the common errors, I am getting some linking errors while building the sol'n. These are as follows: LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library USBInfo.lib(USBInfoInterface.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Copy(unsigned int)&...

Outlook 2002 needs to close error message
I am a new user and am using in combination with ACT!. Outlook 2002 does two things consistently which slows down my work: 1. 2-3 times an hour I receive the message "Outlook 2002 needs to close" this often happens in the middle of writing an email or saving contacts to ACT! 2. Each time I close out of Outlook it sends an error saying that it needs to restart the session, do I want to send a report? (I've sent dozens.) I end up waiting for the restart and then closing which it does promptly. How do I eliminate these problems, especially #1? Thank you ...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Error posting return from project batch entry
Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. The same error shows up in multiple companies. Anyone know what causes this error? Just bumping this post as I can't find any other information out there. "Keving" wrote: > Multiple accounting users are getting the error message "This posting setting > has been deleted" when trying to post a return from project batch entry. > The same error shows up in multiple companies. Bump for help... &qu...