1 Mailbox - 2 Exchange Servers

Here is the situation:

Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003)
Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003)

I have several users that travel between country A and country B.  We
have an exchange server in both offices.  The complaint is that when
the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile
points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs
slowly.

We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from
Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate
profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are.
When travel auth is turned in we do a MOVE on the mailbox from Site A
to Site B and back when they come back.

I would like to eliminate the MOVE portion of this as I'm fearful that
continuing to move mailboxes can not be healthy for either exchange
server.

The alternative is potentially OWA but the problem with OWA and
leaving a single profile is that Country B bandwidth is poor and is
charged by the MB after a certain amount of traffic.  So the cost
issue is also added to the equation.

Is there a better solution?

Not much really except having him try cached mode.

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Mar 11, 3:02 am, "BigDumpster" <BigDumps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the situation:
>
> Main Office in Country A (Exchange 2003)
> Remote Office in Country B (Exchange 2003)
>
> I have several users that travel between country A and country B.  We
> have an exchange server in both offices.  The complaint is that when
> the users get to Remote Office in Country B because their profile
> points to Main Office in Country A, their outlook session runs
> slowly.
>
> We have temporarily put in a measure that when they travel from
> Country A to Country B that they are instructed to log into a seperate
> profile that points them to the exchange local to where they are.
> When travel auth is turned in we do a MOVE on the mailbox from Site A
> to Site B and back when they come back.
>
> I would like to eliminate the MOVE portion of this as I'm fearful that
> continuing to move mailboxes can not be healthy for either exchange
> server.
>
> The alternative is potentially OWA but the problem with OWA and
> leaving a single profile is that Country B bandwidth is poor and is
> charged by the MB after a certain amount of traffic.  So the cost
> issue is also added to the equation.
>
> Is there a better solution?

0
jamestechman (1266)