1:4 ratio GC proces to Exchange 2003 procs

I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange
processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us.
Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation?

No since it's not actively talking to the GC so it's not using
resources. The ratio does not really account for anything else that may
be utilizing resources on your GC such as SPAM apps, directory synchs,
or anthing else you may have as well.

James Chong

randomuser wrote:
> I have a question about the ratio of GC processors to Exchange
> processors as outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875427/en-us.
> Do you include the passive excahnge nodes in the equation?

0
jamestechman (1266)

5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here
I try to send mail so some people and I get this response " 5.7.1 MIME type message/partial not accepted here" can anyone help me with this. Henry ...

Exchange 2003 Service pack
i am still having MS Exchange 2003 running in my environment without any service pack. Should i go for SP1 first and run for sometime before upgrade to SP2? If i want to install SP2, do i need to install SP1 prior install SP2? Can both SP1 & SP2 support exchange clustering environment? Do not need to install SP1, can install SP2. Both support clusters - an Exchange service pack that doesn't support clustering wouldn't have been released, imo. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Emyeu" ...

how do i find a true value between two different times e.g. 4:15
i would like to find the exact value between two different time in hours and minutes e.g. 4:15 (4 hours 15 minutes) and not 4:42 (4.42 hours) for example. Subtract them! An example: Enter 8:45 in A1 and 5:15 in A2. Enter the formula =A1-A2 in A3 and, voila, the answer is 3:30. Excel will automatically assign the time format to A3 if it has the General number format. -- Jim "Chris01623" <Chris01623@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF16BD54-CC0C-4188-B18D-1C3CE871D95A@microsoft.com... |i would like to find the exact value between two different time in h...

Pub 2002/2003 & Pack and Go question
I'm working with someone long distance on a newsletter. She has Publisher 2003 and I have Publisher 2002. She emailed me her file and I can open it fine in 2002, but I'm missing some fonts that she used. I had her do a Pack and Go and send me all the files with that feature, but when I try to run the exe file, I get a "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." Is this error because she has 2003 and I have 2002? Should I just have her email me the fonts. Is that the easiest solution...

Date changes back 4 years when copying
When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four years. Any ideas? Go Tools > Options > Calculation and make sure both files have '1904 Date System' either checked or unchecked, ie both the same, Regards "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328401c4a4e0$a7dacb20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste > it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four > years. Any ideas? > > In article <328401...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Exchange in DMZ
Hi, This is a big question. I try to ask you.. It's better to put Exchange 2003 in LAN or in DMZ? I know that the best is put Exchange 2003 Front End in DMZ and Exchange 2003 Back End in LAN, but some of my client can't buy two Exchange Licenses, two Servers, etc.. I read some news but it's not clear to me. I prefere put Exchange Server on DMZ.. any help's? I'd like to discuss with you of this problem.. Thank's. Andrea Don't put any Exchange server in the DMZ and use RPC/HTTPS. You should never put a Domain server outside your firewall. Then put an ISA serve...

How do I insert a clip art picture into a text box in word 2003
Trying to insert a picture into a text box in Word 2003 with very little success. Using Word as some students in the community do not have access to Publisher. Trying to create 4 invitations to a page. Want to use a text box to include text and graphics and then copy and paste four times. Help. Hi Lindas you'ld be better of posting to microsoft.public.word.newusers rather than an excel newsgroup personally, i would use a 2x2 (or 1x4) table in word for this rather than text boxes. Cheers JulieD "Lindas" <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Create a Variable from First 4-5 chars of a existing value ??
In a current table, the values in a particular field are all items like: MD45 Tuesday PM or TX341 Friday AM or FL12 Monday PM ...in other words...2 parts seperated by a space. The first part is always a State Abbrv. followed by either a 2 or 3 char. number. That first part will always be 4-5 characters long (or...everthing before the first Space). I'm needing to create a varible that is the First Part of the existing value.. ..in other words...the variable would need to be (from the above examples)... MD45 or TX341 or FL12 I'm kind of familiar with LEFT command. Would usin...

Migrating Users to New Exchange 2003 Server
Is there a way to change which server that Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 looks at wihtout having to redo their profiles?? We have an Exchange 2000 server, E2K, and we are migrating some users, not all, to a new server that is coexisting, E2K3. I want to be able to move groups of users without having to go to their desktops and reconfigure Outlook. Thanks in advance, Russell ...

I can not see add task in scheduled task in win server 2003
Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. I tried wth schtask and th result is this: It has prevented the user to create new tasks. I verified the permisions with cacls and all are rigth. Help! Thanks Fernando "Fernando Martinez" <FernandoMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE65D03C-E925-4FE6-9D02-DF0D3ECB0714@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. > I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. >...

New Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.4
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3254227027_2096185 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Before you install this update, make sure that the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.3 Update is installed on your computer. Be sure to quit all Office applications and Notifications before installing. Quit any virus software also. Note: Entourage will still show 11.3.3 (061214) under About Entourage after the update. About Word shows as 11....

exchange restore #7
hello tehere we were using sbs2000 server and installed exchange on it.we change our server sbs2000 to sbs2003. now we need to import exchange 2000 data to exchange 2003. we have only priv1.edb and stm pub1.edb and stm old data. how can we restore old data to our new installed exchange 2003.we haven't got any pst or ost backup this subject very important for we so we need your help! have a nice day,thank you for everything In news:O8mWIiMLGHA.420@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Birol AYDUGAN <birol.mcse@gmail.com> typed: > hello tehere > we were using sbs2000 server and installe...

Unable to Login to Exchange Server
I recently applied several Windows XP Update, patches and SR's along with one or two Office XP Sr's and updates. Everything worked fine except now I am not able to login to the Mail Exchange Server using Outlook 2002. So far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP. I've deleted the TCP/IP connection and reinstalled it. I've deleted all cookies but I am still unable to login to the server. The symptoms are; Outlook opens up, a user name and password dialog displays, I enter the information and immediately it reports that my user name or password is invalid. It...

exchange
Hi all, I was wondering: Server: Pentium D OS : win2k3 NL 64 bit. ( OR 32 bit ) Can I install and run exchange on the 64 bit version ? Some people say yes, others no. Thank you, Aswin Coolsaet On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:06:34 +0200, "Aswin Coolsaet" <aswin@no-spam.ascoo.be> wrote: >Hi all, > > > >I was wondering: > > > >Server: Pentium D > >OS : win2k3 NL 64 bit. ( OR 32 bit ) > > > >Can I install and run exchange on the 64 bit version ? Some people say yes, >others no. > Exchange 2003 is not supported on 64...

all new and existing db's say "ms jet db engine stopped the proces
Hi, I've read all the posts regarding this error "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." I'm getting this message every time I try to open any new or existing MS Access database and they will not open. I've had this message before as described by others, but this is not an SQL back end table with a null or query, form, or crash problem. One of our desktop techs found a solution, but works for another company now. Anyone else have a solution? I have several desktop...

Sharepoint Service and Exchange 2003
Should these two services be on the same box? Yes Shadow ...

Setup for sending exchange email
Group, Wanted to ask you a quick question, I am trying to setup a small exchange server and have configured it correctly so that we can receive email fine, however it doesn't seem to want to send it out, however the queue doesn't show anything waiting in it. So far the domain is still configured as * , do I need to change it to my domain name? Where can I look for settings on the send, also I noticed that under protocols the pop3 service is stopped, when you try and start it, you get the message saying that it timed out waiting for a connection. Your thoughts? Ross Mccullough w...

CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a certain status. I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail. I have two questions 1. Can I display the date on for the following. Currently the data and time display as in the example provided: &incident.createdon; Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z Desired Change = 2006-03-07 2. I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner. I attempted to use the following: &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName; I also tried: &systemuser.firstname; &systemuser.last...

4.0 Outlook client install
When attempting to install the Offline client the install fails about 90% of the way through on several pc's. Office 2003 is being used and other offlline clients have been installed correctly. The following erros are in the log files: Action 11:48:06: SetupCompleteError. Action start 11:48:06: SetupCompleteError. Info 2898. For TahomaBold10 textstyle, the system created a 'Tahoma' font, in 0 character set, of 16 pixels height. Action 11:48:07: SetupCompleteError. Dialog created Action ended 11:48:21: SetupCompleteError. Return value 2. Action ended 11:48:21: INSTALL. Re...

Migrate SBS 2003 SP/2 to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain
Good Day, This question keeps popping up but I can't seem to resolve all my questions. I have an SBS 2003 domain. I need to migrate to Windows 2003 or 2008 Domain with Exchange 2007 (or 2010). I can not down the old SBS server as it is running legacy software that can not be migrated. However, it DOES NOT have to be part of the new domain. I have already added a 2008 DC to the domain. 1) Is the Transition Pack for SBS 2003 Stnd SP1 still available? If not: 2) Will ADMT (3, 3.1 or 3.2) work to migrate my Users, Computers, Groups and Mailboxes? 3) Group Pol...

Publisher 2003 vs 2000
Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. -- Thanks for your help. Leonard wrote: || Using HP 1200dtn in duplex mode: publisher 2000 matches both sides || perfectly, publisher 2003 is 1/2 inch off one side to the other. || -- || Thanks for your help. Try downloading the new PCL driver just released 2 weeks ago for the hp1200 dtn: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=411181&taskId=135&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=411179&submit...

Outlook 2003 print problem
Hallo I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out an email the text is very small, this only started a few days ago. I did not install any new software or updates. I have since installed sp3 for windows xp but it did not make any difference. I have tried both memo and table formats and it is still the same. Any pointers as to where i should look next would be appreciated. thanks "Stef" <stef@web.de> wrote in message news:F07D1544-692F-4E33-8C88-2B1FADA8F0D5@microsoft.com... > Hallo > > I am using outlook 2003 with Windows XP. When i print out ...

4-Node Cluster
Just upgraded the exchange enviornment from a 2 node (A/P) to a 4 node (A/A/A/P) configuration. In the previous configuration - NDR's were all redirected to a mailbox - which checked on a regular basis for problems etc. This does not seem to be available in a 4-node cluster? This should not be any different. Are you saying that when you go to the properties of the SMTP virtual server you have not option to set an address for NDRs? Nue "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E746AD8-CC66-4635-818F-0AB2069F3158@microsoft.com... > Just upgrad...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...