"The RPC server is unavailable" ID c00706ba After Migration

Windows 2000 SP4, 2 DCs, Exchange 2000 Sp3

After installing new Exchange 2000 server, migrating mailboxes from old
server, stepping though steps in Q307917 "How to remove the first Exchange
2000 server computer from the site" except the final step of removing
Exchange from the old server ...

Old server turned off
On either DC
Active Directory Users and Computers, create new account and mailbox
Properties Email Addresses, select SMTP address EDIT

"The RPC server is unavailable.  Facility: Win32 ID no:c00706ba Microsoft
Active Directory - Exchange Extension"

If I run AD Users and Computers on the new Exchange server (while the old
Exchange server is offline), I don't get the error.

System attendant on Exchange server is running and RUS for each of the 2
domain controllers in the domain ate working as per Q822794.

Has anyone seen this problem? Advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
0
duffy (8)

the RPC server is unavailable
When I open up Message Tracking Center from my XP box it gives me an error: The RPC server is unavailable Facility: Win32 ID no: 800706ba Exchange System Manager I found a KB about it: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821830 and it says to make sure that you can connect to the server. I can connect fine. I am thinking that there is a service that I need to start. Anyone with any ideas? TIA -Steven- On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:10:06 -0500, "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote: >When I open up Message Tracking Center from my XP box it gives me an error: > >The ...

"The RPC server is unavailable" ID c00706ba After Migration
Windows 2000 SP4, 2 DCs, Exchange 2000 Sp3 After installing new Exchange 2000 server, migrating mailboxes from old server, stepping though steps in Q307917 "How to remove the first Exchange 2000 server computer from the site" except the final step of removing Exchange from the old server ... Old server turned off On either DC Active Directory Users and Computers, create new account and mailbox Properties Email Addresses, select SMTP address EDIT "The RPC server is unavailable. Facility: Win32 ID no:c00706ba Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension" If I run ...

Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on 'srvname'. The RPC server is unavailable.
Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on 'srvname'. The RPC server is unavailable. I get this error when I try to run a SQL Server Project with a CLR stored Procedure in it. The target DB is SQL Server 2005 and im using VS 2005. I simply create a new SQL Server Project which creates a Test.sql, i then simply added a Stored Procedure to it called the default name StoredProcedure1.cs and put a break point in my simple StoredProcedure1.cs and hit F5 and i got this error: Unable to start TSQL Debugging. Could not attach to SQL Server Process on ...