"select" external e-mails disappear after exchange SMTP detected them...

hi, help!
i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch
admin :)
we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes:

1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and
2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's):

our situation is:

1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems

2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems

3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems

4- all new-users send external emails, no problems

5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix
this several days now, but it just wont work. pls help!!

i checked various log files at various servers, and here is the
scenario for above problem #5:
Email from xxx..@yahoo.com to yyy...@companyserver.com:

- this email gets routed OK from our FILTER server to our EXCHANGE box
- OK

- SMTP at EXCHANGE server says it received this email - OK

- Exchange System Manager's "Message Tracking Center" say - there is no
record of same email

i have tried to create diff types of emails in the exchange, and try to
get this working.
also tried many other suggestions from sources, but none worked. anyone
out there who can help ?

thanks in advance.

what is the NDR received when you try to send an email in to a new user's
mailbox from say "Yahoo"?  are you 100% the new users have a routable smtp
address in their mailboxes?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

<expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi, help!
> i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch
> admin :)
> we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes:
>
> 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and
> 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's):
>
> our situation is:
>
> 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems
>
> 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems
>
> 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems
>
> 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems
>
> 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix
> this several days now, but it just wont work. pls help!!
>
> i checked various log files at various servers, and here is the
> scenario for above problem #5:
> Email from xxx..@yahoo.com to yyy...@companyserver.com:
>
> - this email gets routed OK from our FILTER server to our EXCHANGE box
> - OK
>
> - SMTP at EXCHANGE server says it received this email - OK
>
> - Exchange System Manager's "Message Tracking Center" say - there is no
> record of same email
>
> i have tried to create diff types of emails in the exchange, and try to
> get this working.
> also tried many other suggestions from sources, but none worked. anyone
> out there who can help ?
>
> thanks in advance.

0
sconkey (3059)
6/8/2006 11:30:26 PM
Susan wrote:
> what is the NDR received when you try to send an email in to a new user's
> mailbox from say "Yahoo"?  are you 100% the new users have a routable smtp
> address in their mailboxes?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > hi, help!
> > i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch
> > admin :)
> > we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes:
> >
> > 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and
> > 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's):
> >
> > our situation is:
> >
> > 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems
> >
> > 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems
> >
> > 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems
> >
> > 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems
> >
> > 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix
> > this several days now, but it just wont work. pls help!!
> >
> > i checked various log files at various servers, and here is the
> > scenario for above problem #5:
> > Email from xxx..@yahoo.com to yyy...@companyserver.com:
> >
> > - this email gets routed OK from our FILTER server to our EXCHANGE box
> > - OK
> >
> > - SMTP at EXCHANGE server says it received this email - OK
> >
> > - Exchange System Manager's "Message Tracking Center" say - there is no
> > record of same email
> >
> > i have tried to create diff types of emails in the exchange, and try to
> > get this working.
> > also tried many other suggestions from sources, but none worked. anyone
> > out there who can help ?
> >
> > thanks in advance.

hi, re your 2 questions above, here's what i found:
- sender x...@yahoo.com gets no response to the sent email, i.e no NDR.
so xxx...@yahoo.com thinks (incorrectly) that the email to
yyy...@companyserver.com went ok.
- using AD user & computers: for one of the new-users in #5 above, i
see under the user's properties -> "email addresses"

tab: both SMTP and X400 email addresses were auto-assigned, when i
created this user.
any clues? thanks a lot, again.

if there's no NDR, I would say the messages are getting to your server...any
AV or anti-spam software involved?  What is one of the actual smtp addresses
that isn't receiving email?

--

> Susan wrote:
> > what is the NDR received when you try to send an email in to a new
user's
> > mailbox from say "Yahoo"?  are you 100% the new users have a routable
smtp
> > address in their mailboxes?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > hi, help!
> > > i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch
> > > admin :)
> > > we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes:
> > >
> > > 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and
> > > 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's):
> > >
> > > our situation is:
> > >
> > > 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems
> > >
> > > 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems
> > >
> > > 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems
> > >
> > > 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems
> > >
> > > 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix
> > > this several days now, but it just wont work. pls help!!
> > >
> > > i checked various log files at various servers, and here is the
> > > scenario for above problem #5:
> > > Email from xxx..@yahoo.com to yyy...@companyserver.com:
> > >
> > > - this email gets routed OK from our FILTER server to our EXCHANGE box
> > > - OK
> > >
> > > - SMTP at EXCHANGE server says it received this email - OK
> > >
> > > - Exchange System Manager's "Message Tracking Center" say - there is
no
> > > record of same email
> > >
> > > i have tried to create diff types of emails in the exchange, and try
> > > get this working.
> > > also tried many other suggestions from sources, but none worked.
anyone
> > > out there who can help ?
> > >
> > > thanks in advance.
> > >

> hi, re your 2 questions above, here's what i found:
> - sender x...@yahoo.com gets no response to the sent email, i.e no NDR.
> so xxx...@yahoo.com thinks (incorrectly) that the email to
> yyy...@companyserver.com went ok.
> - using AD user & computers: for one of the new-users in #5 above, i
> see under the user's properties -> "email addresses"
>
> tab: both SMTP and X400 email addresses were auto-assigned, when i
> created this user.
> any clues? thanks a lot, again.

0
sconkey (3059)
6/9/2006 9:12:58 PM
Susan wrote:
> if there's no NDR, I would say the messages are getting to your server...any
> AV or anti-spam software involved?  What is one of the actual smtp addresses
> that isn't receiving email?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Susan wrote:
> > > what is the NDR received when you try to send an email in to a new
> user's
> > > mailbox from say "Yahoo"?  are you 100% the new users have a routable
> smtp
> > > address in their mailboxes?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> no

> anyone

> > hi, re your 2 questions above, here's what i found:
> > - sender x...@yahoo.com gets no response to the sent email, i.e no NDR.
> > so xxx...@yahoo.com thinks (incorrectly) that the email to
> > yyy...@companyserver.com went ok.
> > - using AD user & computers: for one of the new-users in #5 above, i
> > see under the user's properties -> "email addresses"
> >
> > tab: both SMTP and X400 email addresses were auto-assigned, when i
> > created this user.
> > any clues? thanks a lot, again.

Hi Susan,
1- the external-msg first hits our FILTER server, its recorded in the
FILTER's log.
2- the msg then hits the SMTP of our EXCHANGE server, this is also
recorded in its SMTP log.
3- then the msg simply dis-appears.
4- for AV, we use McAfee Ent Ed.
5- Spam check is at the FILTER server, which authenticates this email
as OK: "not spam" (per its log).
6- Could the AV possibly delete only "new" users' external emails, but
not any of the others??
7- One of the actual smtp addresses is pretty simple, we use names of
users: SMTP:marie@companyserver.com
any clues?
thanks for all your valuable suggestions....

What is one of the actual addresses?  I still do not have enough
information...

--

> Susan wrote:
> > if there's no NDR, I would say the messages are getting to your
server...any
> > AV or anti-spam software involved?  What is one of the actual smtp
addresses
> > that isn't receiving email?
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > user's
> > smtp

> > no

> > anyone

> > > hi, re your 2 questions above, here's what i found:
> > > - sender x...@yahoo.com gets no response to the sent email, i.e no
NDR.
> > > so xxx...@yahoo.com thinks (incorrectly) that the email to
> > > yyy...@companyserver.com went ok.
> > > - using AD user & computers: for one of the new-users in #5 above, i
> > > see under the user's properties -> "email addresses"
> > >
> > > tab: both SMTP and X400 email addresses were auto-assigned, when i
> > > created this user.
> > > any clues? thanks a lot, again.
> > >

> Hi Susan,
> 1- the external-msg first hits our FILTER server, its recorded in the
> FILTER's log.
> 2- the msg then hits the SMTP of our EXCHANGE server, this is also
> recorded in its SMTP log.
> 3- then the msg simply dis-appears.
> 4- for AV, we use McAfee Ent Ed.
> 5- Spam check is at the FILTER server, which authenticates this email
> as OK: "not spam" (per its log).
> 6- Could the AV possibly delete only "new" users' external emails, but
> not any of the others??
> 7- One of the actual smtp addresses is pretty simple, we use names of
> users: SMTP:marie@companyserver.com
> any clues?
> thanks for all your valuable suggestions....

0
sconkey (3059)
6/9/2006 11:03:33 PM
Hi Susan,
sorry, but i'm hoping you are looking for the address as
username@domainname.com:
another address tuser@companyserver.com
thanks Susan and all others,
sonny

Susan wrote:
> What is one of the actual addresses?  I still do not have enough
> information...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Susan wrote:
> > > if there's no NDR, I would say the messages are getting to your
> server...any
> > > AV or anti-spam software involved?  What is one of the actual smtp
> addresses
> > > that isn't receiving email?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > user's
> routable
> > > smtp

> exch
> purposes:

> problems

> problems

> fix

> box

> is
> > > no

> try
> > > anyone

> NDR.

> > Hi Susan,
> > 1- the external-msg first hits our FILTER server, its recorded in the
> > FILTER's log.
> > 2- the msg then hits the SMTP of our EXCHANGE server, this is also
> > recorded in its SMTP log.
> > 3- then the msg simply dis-appears.
> > 4- for AV, we use McAfee Ent Ed.
> > 5- Spam check is at the FILTER server, which authenticates this email
> > as OK: "not spam" (per its log).
> > 6- Could the AV possibly delete only "new" users' external emails, but
> > not any of the others??
> > 7- One of the actual smtp addresses is pretty simple, we use names of
> > users: SMTP:marie@companyserver.com
> > any clues?
> > thanks for all your valuable suggestions....

Hi All,
Just wanted to add some more , so you get a clearer pic:
in ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Protocols / X.400 / Queues, i see a
strange folder named:
SMTP (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}) (Remote
delivery)

When i right-click on this, it has enabled options: enumerate 100 /
freeze / unfreeze messages /etc options. I chose both enumerate 100 AND
unfreeze-messages options, but neither they dont show up with any
messages, nor will these menu-options get disabled.

Now, this same name SMTP
(EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), shows up in about 30
rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
Logons.
Question is- why 30+ logons show up for this name, whereas all other
ACTUAL-USERS show up only 3 to 5 times each?

This similar name SystemMailbox
(EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), also shows up in 7
rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
Logons.
These above 2 names have been doing this for the last 2 weeks.

Also, these 2 exist as mailboxes, but donot exist as users in my
active-directory.
I'm stumped!
Sonny.

expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Susan,
> sorry, but i'm hoping you are looking for the address as
> username@domainname.com:
> another address tuser@companyserver.com
> thanks Susan and all others,
> sonny
>

> Susan wrote:
> > What is one of the actual addresses?  I still do not have enough
> > information...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > server...any
> > addresses

> > routable

> > exch
> > purposes:

> > problems

> > problems

> > fix

> > box

> > is

> > try

> > NDR.

> > > Hi Susan,
> > > 1- the external-msg first hits our FILTER server, its recorded in the
> > > FILTER's log.
> > > 2- the msg then hits the SMTP of our EXCHANGE server, this is also
> > > recorded in its SMTP log.
> > > 3- then the msg simply dis-appears.
> > > 4- for AV, we use McAfee Ent Ed.
> > > 5- Spam check is at the FILTER server, which authenticates this email
> > > as OK: "not spam" (per its log).
> > > 6- Could the AV possibly delete only "new" users' external emails, but
> > > not any of the others??
> > > 7- One of the actual smtp addresses is pretty simple, we use names of
> > > users: SMTP:marie@companyserver.com
> > > any clues?
> > > thanks for all your valuable suggestions....

Reporting one more strange thing here, as regards my main issue #5
above:
A.
if i send an email from "xxx@yahoo.com" to "new_user@mycompany.com" ,
the new_user@mycompany.com wont get any email.
Also xxx@yahoo.com does NOT receive any NDR. (as i described above as
well)
B.
HOWEVER, my original problem #5 simply DISAPPEARS,
ONLY if i send email from xxx@yahoo.com to
"new_user@mycompany.com,old_user@mycompany.com", and both receive this
email.
obviously, xxx@yahoo.com does NOT receive any NDR.
this is very strange, any one who can help solve this puzzle?
thanks,
sonny.

expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> Just wanted to add some more , so you get a clearer pic:
> in ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Protocols / X.400 / Queues, i see a
> strange folder named:
> SMTP (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}) (Remote
> delivery)
>
> When i right-click on this, it has enabled options: enumerate 100 /
> freeze / unfreeze messages /etc options. I chose both enumerate 100 AND
> unfreeze-messages options, but neither they dont show up with any
> messages, nor will these menu-options get disabled.
>
> Now, this same name SMTP
> (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), shows up in about 30
> rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
> Logons.
> Question is- why 30+ logons show up for this name, whereas all other
> ACTUAL-USERS show up only 3 to 5 times each?
>
> This similar name SystemMailbox
> (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), also shows up in 7
> rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
> Logons.
> These above 2 names have been doing this for the last 2 weeks.
>
> Also, these 2 exist as mailboxes, but donot exist as users in my
> active-directory.
> I'm stumped!
> Sonny.
>

> expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi Susan,
> > sorry, but i'm hoping you are looking for the address as
> > username@domainname.com:
> > another address tuser@companyserver.com
> > thanks Susan and all others,
> > sonny
> >

> > Susan wrote:
> > > What is one of the actual addresses?  I still do not have enough
> > > information...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > <expotechusa1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > server...any
> > > addresses

> > > routable

> > > exch
> > > purposes:

> > > problems

> > > problems

> > > fix

> > > box

> > > is

> > > try

> > > NDR.

Hi,
fixed this one: Had Mcafee installed.
Its SpamGuard app had a white-list, to which the previous administrator
was adding all new users, and i wasn't told @ that.
When i started adding new users, this would block all the new users's
incoming emails.

FIXED. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> Reporting one more strange thing here, as regards my main issue #5
> above:
> A.
> if i send an email from "xxx@yahoo.com" to "new_user@mycompany.com" ,
> the new_user@mycompany.com wont get any email.
> Also xxx@yahoo.com does NOT receive any NDR. (as i described above as
> well)
> B.
> HOWEVER, my original problem #5 simply DISAPPEARS,
> ONLY if i send email from xxx@yahoo.com to
> "new_user@mycompany.com,old_user@mycompany.com", and both receive this
> email.
> obviously, xxx@yahoo.com does NOT receive any NDR.
> this is very strange, any one who can help solve this puzzle?
> thanks,
> sonny.
>

> expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Just wanted to add some more , so you get a clearer pic:
> > in ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Protocols / X.400 / Queues, i see a
> > strange folder named:
> > SMTP (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}) (Remote
> > delivery)
> >
> > When i right-click on this, it has enabled options: enumerate 100 /
> > freeze / unfreeze messages /etc options. I chose both enumerate 100 AND
> > unfreeze-messages options, but neither they dont show up with any
> > messages, nor will these menu-options get disabled.
> >
> > Now, this same name SMTP
> > (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), shows up in about 30
> > rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
> > Logons.
> > Question is- why 30+ logons show up for this name, whereas all other
> > ACTUAL-USERS show up only 3 to 5 times each?
> >
> > This similar name SystemMailbox
> > (EXCHANGE-{FC6895D3-83A9-4E63-9DC5-C1B2B1EAAB5C}), also shows up in 7
> > rows, under ESM / Servers / EXCHANGE / Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE) /
> > Logons.
> > These above 2 names have been doing this for the last 2 weeks.
> >
> > Also, these 2 exist as mailboxes, but donot exist as users in my
> > active-directory.
> > I'm stumped!
> > Sonny.
> >

> > expotechusa1234@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > Hi Susan,
> > > sorry, but i'm hoping you are looking for the address as
> > > username@domainname.com:
> > > another address tuser@companyserver.com
> > > thanks Susan and all others,
> > > sonny

How to select series in chart?

Single click selects multiple cells

OLK 2k7

Getting rid of selection

Macro
Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. Can this be done? Thanks!!! Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ xlNumbers + xlTextValues).Select If you want to select xlErrors and xlLogical add those to xlNumbers + xlTextValues -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "puiuluipui" wrote: > Hi, i need an macro to select all filled cells in range C10:K90. > Can this be done? > Thanks!!! It's perfect! Thanks! "Jacob Skaria" a scris: > Range("C10:K90").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, _ >...

access- dynamic select query
hai, I hav database table with 17 fields.While retrieving data, user must be able to select any of the 17 fields ( it can be 1 or more than 1 ), that is decided by the user at runtime.how should i write the SELECT query for this one.I am a newbie to ms-access. Please help me out.. On 19 Mar 2007 22:23:38 -0700, subhadrasn@gmail.com wrote: >hai, > I hav database table with 17 fields.While retrieving data, user >must be able to select any of the 17 fields ( it can be 1 or more than >1 ), that is decided by the user at runtime.how should i write the >SELECT query fo...

Filter excluding selection filters out null values
I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field even though the current record and field I have selected doesn't have a null value. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks. -Scott On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:52:02 -0700, hishi <hishi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have noticed that when I use the Filter Excluding Selection button on a >form it also filters out all records which have a null value for that field >even though the current record and field I have sele...

Unintentional Range Selection
cell focus in a spreadsheet became fixed on sheet 1 cell f13. When i tried to select another cell on sheet 1, it selected the range between cell f13 & the new selected cell. Selecting another sheet created a sheet group between sheet 1 & the selected sheet. The problem was resolved by save/exit/re-open, but if anyone can help me, i'd like to know for future reference what went wrong. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com ...

Automatic selection
I have a price list and want to set something up, so that when I type a code of a product in, it will automatically bring up the price. So for example I type in A1234, I want it to automatically bring up the price from price list on another sheet (the sheet is in the same workbook). It doesn't matter if the price shows in the same cell or a different cell. Is there anyway that I can do this? Bonny, If I understand what you wish to do, I believe that you can do it by first setting up a table of the product codes with their prices, in a separate part of the worksheet, or more safely on...

Selecting Text Shortcut??
I am using Publisher 2003. In Word 2003 if I want to select a certain portion of text I can place the cursor at the starting point, then while holding down the shift key I move the cursor to the end and when I release the button the text is selected. What is the secret in doing the above while in Publisher?? Thank you. Mike All outgoing messages (both text and attachments) are scanned for viruses prior to sending The function is the same in Publisher. What problems are you having? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microso...

Changing Font Colour of row depending on selection made in 1st col
I am currently trying to work out how to change the font colour of all cells in the row, depending on the selection made from a list in the 1st column (Col. A). Column A is based on selecting from a List, with about half of the selections already conditionally formatted to a certain colour. My question is - how can I get the other cells in the row to change to the same colour as the selected cell? Given that the list contains 17 different cells to select from, and 10 of these when selected display as a different colour. Currently I am manually selecting the row and changing the font ...

Syntax for selecting a textbox within a chart?
I am writing a macro that will insert text & a cell value into a similarly named text box within multiple charts, but being a noob with VBA, I'm not sure of the syntax to use to select the text box in question. I was starting with a simple bit of code that did the same thing for the ChartTitle: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Select Selection.Characters.Text = "text here" & <value> I tried to use: ActiveChart.TextBoxes("Text Box 1").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "text here" & <value> .... as well as trying it a few o...

Help on how to select one formula from a list of formulae
Tricky question, not sure if it's possible withou the use of a macro. What I want to do is have a list of formula in a table, eg numbered 1 - 10. I then want a cell to be able to take one of these formulae, and apply it to figures local to it. I want to be able to alternate which formula is looked up dynamically. Vlookup doesnt work as the formula are imported exactly as-is. I cant get indirect working with this as it imports 'text' only. Anybody have any other ideas how to do this. Cheers for any help Not sure if I understand you correctly but it seems like something that the...

How to Get Selected Value from ComboBox
I'm having a difficult time getting the value from the selected item in a combobox. Windows forms app. I bind the combobox cboEmployee like so... OleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["myConnectionString"].ConnectionString); cn.Open(); OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter("select employee_number, employee_name from employees", cn); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); da.TableMappings.Add("Table", "employees"); da.Fill(ds); cboEmployees.DataSource = ds.Tables["employe...

XL2007 on XP hangs/crashes when date cells are selected
Hi there Since 2-3 weeks I'm having a very annoying problem with XL2007 on XP. It keeps hanging (the app stops responding) when I select certain cells in certain documents. I tried switching off all macros, all formulas, error-control, all add-ins, but to no avail. I re-installed Office, but it didn't solve anything. I realized today that it occurs all the time I try to select a cell containing a date (formatted as date). Did someone encounter the same problem? Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I'm not a Windows expert, I usually use mac, but at work we use WinXP, ...

Change formulas in a column based on a selection.
I have checkboxes from the forms toolbar in Column A linked to corresponding Cells in Column B. I have this formula in the corresponding cell in Column E =IF($B2,"Computer 1","") So when checkbox A2 is checked it displays "Computer 1" in Cell E2 I have this formula in the corresponding cell in Column F =IF($B2,I2,"") So when checkbox A2 is checked it displays the value in Cell I2. What I'd like to accomplish is to have a way to select the heading for Column I, J, K, L or M so that all the formulas in column F would change based on tha...

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Cell Selection after "Enter"
In the Excel applications we build for others it is useful to have the cell selection remain on the cell after the data in it is modified. This is done by unchecking "Move Selection after Enter" on the "Edit" tab of the "Options" dialogue. However, when protecting the worksheet to allow selection of unlocked cells only, the cell selection then ignores the Edit tab setting and moves in the default direction after Enter. If worksheet protection is modified to also allow selection of locked cells, then the cell selection will obey the Edit setting and not ...

Selectively Update Field in Table
I need to selectively update a field in my master table with new data. By selective I mean only records that meet a particular criteria need to be updated. My new data is in a different table, and they are related by repair order. This is the SQL code that Access generates: UPDATE RepairData LEFT JOIN DallasData ON RepairData.[Repair Order] = DallasData.[Repair Order] SET RepairData.[Material Out] = [DallasData].[Material Out] WHERE (((RepairData.Plant)="1103")); I know there are approx 75k records that need to be updated, but when I go to run this query Access ...

Select more than 1 object in the lookup field
I would like to have the ability to select more than one object in a lookup field. Is there a way to accomplish this? Thanks No. The only exception to this is the party list (like the to, cc and bcc fields in an email), but this is an internal thing and cannot be used in customizations. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Onetreeup" <Onetreeup@discussions...

Combining two types of functions. Select Query and DLookup
I would like to write a code that performs the following action: 1. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is 19912 2. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and comboBox National Site ID 3. If the value in a comboBox Project Number is not 19912 4. Perform a select query on comboBox Task Number and a DLookup () on comboBox National Site ID I tried the code below but it's not working. Any ideas on how to do this? If Me.cmbProjectNumber.Value="19912" then cmbNationalSiteID.RowSource = "SELECT DISTINCT [National Site ID] FROM [InScope Table] WHERE [Proje...

granting users Send as permissions causes errors unless they select the FROM address from the GAL
I've got some users who have two mailboxes, each with a different address. They need to be able to select which address they send from, on occasion. I've given them "send on behalf" and "send as" permissions the 2nd accounts. But, unless they select the FROM address from the GAL, they get the following error: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. If they manually type in the address, they receive this error. This is only a problem because I would prefer to hide the 2nd account from the GAL, to avoid confusion. Does anyone know a way around this?...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Unable to Select Any Drop Cap Format
I am unable to select any drop cap format in my publication. I'm using it to create a booklet fold book. In the first chapter, I was able to select and apply a drop cap - a style I want to repeat on subsequent chapters. However, when I go to chapter 2, select the first letter and try to apply a drop cap, the Available Drop Cap box is completely blank. If I try to create a custom drop cap, it allows me to format to my heart's content, but it will NOT show up in my publication. Any thoughts? If you indent your story the Drop Cap is not available. What version Publisher ...