/removeorg will it affect my 5.5 servers?

I have recently installed Exchange 2003 into my exchange 5.5 site, I now need
to remove the 2003 server as it was only a test.
Can I use the /removeorg to remove the exchange 2003 data from my active
directory without it affecting my current 5.5 site.

Thanks in advance.

Lee.
0
lee1 (146)

Lee

Too late now but you shouldn't mess with your production environment in this
manner. Get yourself a copy of MS Virtual Server or VMware and setup a lab.

Did you set up the ADC connector as well? If so remove this and make sure
your environment is stable before proceeding.

In theory the /removeorg should have no impact on your current Exchange 5.5
environment. Please read this if you have not already done so:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273478

Nue
"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently installed Exchange 2003 into my exchange 5.5 site, I now
>need
> to remove the 2003 server as it was only a test.
> Can I use the /removeorg to remove the exchange 2003 data from my active
> directory without it affecting my current 5.5 site.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lee.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/19/2006 4:34:03 PM
I did setup the ADC, I have already removed this.

I have already read that article, thanks.

Lee.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Lee
>
> Too late now but you shouldn't mess with your production environment in this
> manner. Get yourself a copy of MS Virtual Server or VMware and setup a lab.
>
> Did you set up the ADC connector as well? If so remove this and make sure
> your environment is stable before proceeding.
>
> In theory the /removeorg should have no impact on your current Exchange 5.5
> environment. Please read this if you have not already done so:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273478
>
> Nue
> "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently installed Exchange 2003 into my exchange 5.5 site, I now
> >need
> > to remove the 2003 server as it was only a test.
> > Can I use the /removeorg to remove the exchange 2003 data from my active
> > directory without it affecting my current 5.5 site.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Lee.

0
lee1 (146)

Password protection #5
Can you password protect specific parts of Outlook? e.g. just the calendar? Hi Jon, > Can you password protect specific parts of Outlook? e.g. just the > calendar? This is not possible. You can protect only the complete pst file. -- Thomas Wetzel TOP 100 Outlook FAQ www.outlookmarket.com Eliminate your Outlook duplicates in seconds www.nomoredupes.com Synchronize or backup your Outlook quick and easy. www.synchpst.com ...

How to convert thisSQL Statement into a format the MS Access 2003 will accept
Basically I want to write a Between statement in MS Access Design View. The database is number format. 'yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss' This works in Excel but not in Access. FROM ODS.TRANSACTION_FACT t3 ( t3.TRANSACTION_TIME_LOCAL >= (to_date((to_char(sysdate-31,'yyyymmdd')||' '||to_char('23:59:59')),'yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss' )) and t3.TRANSACTION_TIME_LOCAL <= (to_date((to_char(sysdate-1, 'yyyymmdd')||' '||to_char('23:59:59')),'yyyymmdd hh24:mi:ss')) ...

exchange 2003 X400 connector to exchange 5.5?
We currently have 2 different organizations/different domains and .coms - one is 2003 and one is still 5.5. For DR purposes, I need to know if I can set up a 2003 SMTP server and create x400 connectors to my 5.5 org and sites and vice versa just for mail routing in case my bridgeheads go down. My feeling is, I'll have to set up 2 servers: exchange 2003 (to talk to our folks that have already migrated) and exchange 5.5 for the rest of the folks. Has anyone had to do this - am I off base or is there some white paper that may discuss this. Let me know if I did not give enough i...

unable to remove exchange 2003 from the server
Hi, I want to completely uninstall exchange from the server. when I try to completely remove Exchange 2003 from the server I recieve the following error: "Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange Activesync with error code 0x80005000" I press cancel, it goes on, then another error pops up, it says: "Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange OMA Browse with error code 0x80005000" Help me please :) thanks http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396/en-us Nue "KUMAIL" <KUMAIL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Money will not send reports to Desktop or e-mail
Money will not send a created report to the desk top or to e-mail when using the send to function. It just dies no error or other message. Any ideas? ...

Error installing CRM 3.0 on SBS
Trying to Install CRM 3.0 onto Small Business Server Installed MS SQL Reporting Server 2000 with SP 2 When the CRM 3.0 tries to do its verification it is coming back with the following error message for Report Server: Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server https://cheltenham.enate.net/ReportServer. Error: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. The user doing the installation is the Domain administrator. Report server is working correctly over Https. The report server is implemented on the same machine as I am trying to install CRM 3....

Exchange Event Service will not start
I am running Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 and when I try to start the Exchange Event Service, I get immediately get a message that says "The Microsoft Exchange Event service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service." and when I check my Application event log I have an error event id 5 from MSExchangeES that reads "An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80040154]." Anybody have any ideas? I can'...

CRM 5.0
I understand that maybe by Q1 or Q2 2010 we will see this new version released. We have to budget 2010 now, so I need to find out what kind of features will be available in this new version so we can determine if it's something worthwhile to upgrade to. Does anyone have an enhancement document? Most importanty is the system requirements as budgeting new hardware, OS versions, database versions etc is very expensive. On Oct 27, 2:48=A0pm, Luvsql <Luv...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I understand that maybe by Q1 or Q2 2010 we will see this new version > released. ...

ISA 2004 in the DMZ;is it OK if put the OWA in the same subnet where mailbox servers+connectors are ?
ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' network. Is it recommended that I put the OWA in a separate subnet and leave the mailbox+connectors on another subnet, or it doesn't matter leave them in the same subnet ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brownj@hotmail.com> wrote: >ISA 2004 will be setup in the DMZ to 'protect' the front-end servers. > >Currently my OWA+Mailbox+Connectors are all in one subnet, in the 'internal' >netw...

Error 9582 on Exch2000SP3 and W2KSP4 w/2.5 G RAM
HELP!!!! I have a single Exchange server with 2.5G RAM. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I am getting a 9582 *warning* message: The Virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. I have gone to EventID.net and followed along with all the Qxxxxx articles. I have: 1. Installed the last Post-SP3 patch (Store.exe shows version 6.0.6603.0) 2. I have added the HeapDecommit reg entry detailed in Q315407 3. I have set up counters in Pe...

Exchange 5.5 #47
I just started working for this company as their network administrator. They are running 5.5 and soon will me going to 2003. My question is the user accounts as of right now are first initial lastname@domain.com i am looking to implement firstname.lastname@domain.com for all the users. From what i can see i can make the changes in the recipients mailbox and edit the SMTP address. but i would like to make it network wide. any suggestions??? thanks do you mean just the smtp address? you might want to use directory export/import to do a bulk change such as that... "ahhtu25" <...

SBS2K3 Server going nuts
Hello All, I have a couple of earlier post but things are really bad now. Keep getting bluescreens on PFN now am getting on Memory Management wiht techincal info of STOP 0x0000001A 0x00003452, 0xD2B49201, 0xC052DE4, 0x00000080 Aslo I am seeing application error on spoolsv.exe as well as tcpsvcs.exe. I am rebooting the server about 6(six) time a day, already on 7 today. Am I better off reinstalling or try to fight through the problems? Thanks in advance. Unless there are several jmillerWV posting in this group, you have at least three threads open on the same subject without...

CRM + SBS + Exchange Server
Our company get one new customer. We give him demo software for CRM on the small business server for 15 users. Our customer has two type of net works for example: B-net and E-net. Small business server is on the B-net. For security first our customer receive all external email on the E-net then manually transfer from E-net to B-net and if some one want to send email then they transfer B-net to E-net then outside. B-net cannot send or receive email directly from outside. All emails must be send by or receive by E-net. Customer question is that where will be stay email temporary when ema...

Moving server to dynamic IP
Hi! We are currently looking into moving our server to a local office since response time is horribly sluggish atm (when server is stationed at a web hotel), etc opening files and stuff like that can take minutes. Our local office only has dynamic IP, there is no way to attain static IP. Our server hosts our website, Exchange server system and local domain server system. I know we can use DYNDNS to make the change but how?! We already have a FQDN that we must use, so we cannot change our website/email to a dyndns name. We do not want to DYNDNS to manage our domain name. ...

How to move the database from one server to another server?
How to move the database from one server to another server in same domain? I have used the simplest way to do it, just copy the database file and attach at another server. It is running almost ok. I can see the most list on there like contacts , accounts, etc. but when I double click and try to see the detail of a contact , It popup a error message says: Query Builder Error. No attribute. It is running well on the original server. -- Gordon Personbally I'd suggest using the re-deployment tools for CRM - these are very simple to use and work well & avoid any problems with record ...

www.smallbizserver.net Newsletter, Volume 5-1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0072_01C66D26.CFB49120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable New articles published How to install CRM 3.0 SBE on SBS 2003 Premium [Subscriber article & PDF = download] This document describes in detail how to install CRM 3.0 SBE on a Small = Business Server 2003 Premium. It has all the necessary steps including = screen shots for a smooth install. It has a few special tips and tricks = that won't be found easily, and here you will have them all in one ...

windows live leaves email on server
Just went over to windows live from outlook express after installing windows 7 and it all works fine except that it leaves the email on the server as unread. Previously with outlook express when emails downloaded they were cleared off the server at the same time Is there something I'm missing here, I'm getting really annoyed at windows 7 shortcomings and the adjustments you have to make. Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail are not "joined at the hip" like WinMail & Vista and OE and earlier operating systems, so don't confuse your dislike of Win7 with your...

excel will not open in right worksheet
When I open one of my workbooks with multiple spreadsheets, it opens to the last sheet I had open, then switches to the sheet beside it. How can I get it to open and stay on the last sheet I had open? -- bf bf Perhaps you have some event code in ThisWorkbook that switches sheets? Hit ALT + F11 to get to the VB Editor. Select your workbook/project and expand Microsoft Excel Objects. Double-click on ThisWorkbook. Any code in there? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:10:02 -0700, "bf" <bf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I open one of my workbooks ...

Exch 5.5 issue
For 6 days we have had an aissue where email flows out BUT never flows back. The Exchange 1 queues are empty. 2.Event log refers to no errors. 3.It is up to date. 4. AV is current. 5. MX records, DNS entries are correct. 6. OS is up to date. Very curious. Thanks Hi, Try this link for troubleshooting tips. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/3ba2ac5d-3e7f-4966-829c-5ee82b58382c.mspx "BrianMultiLanguage" wrote: > For 6 days we have had an aissue where email flows out BUT never flows back. > The Exchange > 1 queues are empty. ...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook 2003 very slow accessing Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4SP6a
Hi I'm having the same problem as posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin by Mike T on Sept 2, 04. Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4SP6a. Outlook97/2000 users don't seem to have slow down issues. But Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 users get a pop-up notification that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server". Seems to be more prevalent when the message is html, or has an attachment. All Outlook 2003 users have SP1 applied. Thanks ...

New Exchange 5.5 OWA Server
I have a NT 4 Server SP6a running Exchange 5.5 OWA SP3. I would like to build a new Win2k server and install Exchange5.5 OWA. I would like to know any Microsoft TechNet articles that explain how to do this? I would also like know what directories I need to import from the old server to my new server for OWA to work on the new server? ray3d84 OWA is installed when you install Exchange. no directories need to be moved unless you have custom built Web pages as part of OWA. I generally don't make a habit of searching the KB people but I am sure that looking for "OWA and FRONT END...

Migration from 5.5 to 2000 in different domain
What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? thanks. Stv I could be wrong but I think the only way to really do is Export everything using Exmerge to PST files from 5.5 then back into your 2000 Server. If they were on the same domain then it would be much easier. Good Luck. "stvbrx" wrote: > What is the best or preferred method to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange > 5.5 server to Exchange 2000 Server in a different domain? > thanks. > Stv the best way to migrate the mailboxe...

Moving a mailbox from Exchange 2000->Exchange 5.5
At our organization, our "parent" company is currently running an Exchange 5.5 system. Long story short, we are in the process of breaking our ties (including our in-house Exchange 2000) system. We recently were having problems with ADC not connecting & relaying the information correctly between the two servers. Because of this, I created a new connector, and things appeared to work fine. Until now... I'm trying to move a mailbox from the Exchange 2k system to the Exchange 5.5 system. The operation is failing and gives this as the error: ------------------------------...

Why am I getting this only on one user. We are running exchange 2003 single forest 2 domains, one exchange server in each domain, I can send mail to the user buy clicking new mail and picking their name off the GAL and it works. When that person mails me it works, when I click reply And try to send the reply it gets kicked back. I have looked at the users properties under delivery restrictions and it says everyone. My mailbox is in the first domain and the problem users box is in the other domain. otherwise the system is working fine, The user can send mail to anyone in our domain but w...

Server Authentication Certificate Error for Remote Desktop Connection
I have a CA installed on my domain controller. Server Authentication certificate is enrolled in Computer Certificate/Personal folder. The same certificate is used for ssl and is working OK. If I use it for Remote Desktop Server Authentication I get an error from client: "The connection has been terminated because an unexpected server authentication certificate was received from the remote computer." If I try to connect from domain controller, certificate is accepted. If I use self signed (generic) certificate, connection works without a problem. Certificate is enrol...