*** New How-To Article Posted - How to automate Exmerge for mailbox backups

I have hacked together a way to automate / script Exmerge.  This
allows you to backup all of your user mailboxes to .PST files.

We use this as a free way to perform "brick level" backups.  This is a
type of backup where each mailbox is individually backed up.  It makes
it easy to setup a restore of an individual mailbox.

When using this hack, plus performing backups with NTBackup, you can
perform full exchange backups without 3rd party backup software.  This
should save $$$ in many small organizations.

http://www.castellan.net/exmerge_automation.html
0
chris6812 (1)

Exmerge removed messages from mailbox
I have done this many times, but never the Exmerge removed messages from the mailboxes. Something on the server did not function properly. I repeated the same steps I took on a test environment and got the messages copied only and not removed. The following steps I took: 1, Start Exmerge 2, Select "Extract or Import (two steps procedure) 3. Step 1 :(Extract data from an Exchange server Mailbox) 4, Select server and accounts to be extracted I had to do a reverse exmerge to restore the messages in the user mailboxes. People were freaked out about their lost emails. How could it happened ...

Outlook 2003 will not open Mailbox
We have a problem with SBS 2000. Clients with Outlook 2002 or older can open their mailboxes. Clients with Outlook 2003 get the error "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Eithe there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server comptuer is down for maintenance." Everything was working on the server until it got a virus. Here is what has been done. The virus was cleaned. SBS 2000 was repaired. Exchange part of SBS 2000 has been reloaded. All clients can use Web Mail to access their mailboxes with no probl...

Finding a mailbox (Connector) ??
Below is a line I took from our Backup Exec server log. "Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Internet Mail Service (xxxxxx) [internet mail connector (xxxxxx)]MTS-IN Folder00008" I´ve tried everything to find this particular mailbox but failed. I know this is also our connector to the outside and I checked the physical folders where mail are stored but nothing is there. In the administrator tool I cant find it either in hidden or non hidden boxes wich makes it impossible for me to find the faulty email inside. I cant open it in Outlook either since it cant find that particul...

concatenat new line
Folks, I am trying to concatenate several fields into a single text typ field. for example Notes: 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. When concatenated they appear like this: 4/26 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. I want it to look like this... 4/25 This happened 4/26 That happened 4/27 And now this. How? The vbnewline won't work and neither does chr(10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =a1&char(10)&a2&char(10)&a3 Remember to use format|cells|alignment tab to turn wrap text on. "oafum <" wrote...

PowerEdit
Dear all, I would like to let you know I have added another freeware Excel add-in called 'PowerEdit' to my website . Information about this add-in and a download link is available from: http://www.johnmote.com/poweredit.htm Many thanks, John -------- an abstract of the add-in functionality from the website is included below for your convenience -------- Overview of PowerEdit functionality What is PowerEdit? PowerEdit is an add-in for Microsoft Excel that provides additional copy and paste functionality Excel. The additional functionality includes: =B7 Exact formula copies...

Automated SMS messages from RMS
Have a strange enough request from a customer. They are an apparel store and take orders for alterations etc. They would like RMS to automatically send an SMS message to the customers cell phone when the alteration is done. Does anyone know of an add-on that can do this? Add this stored procedure to their database, making mods as necessary. It uses the built-in CDOSYS to send mail. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312839 Then add an UPDATE trigger to the proper table (order?) to fire the SP upon record update and send out the message. It's actually pretty easy. "Gaz" <...

Mailbox move failed can't accessmailbox now
Ran out of disk space during a move from 5.5 to 2003 and now can't login to mailbox. Mailbox is there and looks fine. Get this error when I try to move it again "The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error" Also can't log in to it from outlook. Seems like something didn't get updated when the target server crashed. Any ideas? thanks! See if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299473/en-us -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bk" <jhogan@bizank.com> wrote...

New User has admin rights

Inventory Posting
If I receive 10 wigits @ 15.00 to location 1 5 wigits @ 15.00 to location 2 I feel the entry should be: purchases-location1 150.00 purchases-location2 75.00 A/P 225.00 I have several options when setting up a item card Inventory ( I assume this is the balance sheet) Inventory Offset (Account used to record change inventory based on count ?) Cost of Goods Sold (Is this the purchase account?) Variance (Or is this account used to record cycle count variances?) I am no...

Problems Posting
Is anyone else having problems posting questions? Each time I get this message: An error occurred while sending your pos -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated as soon as possible. Please try again later. - Close =?Utf-8?B?RU1jR3JhdGhASENBX05PU1BBTV9WZW5kb3IuY29t?= <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2E96F53C-99CF-4B1A-8016-B05A210B52BA@microsoft....

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Tuesday, April 20, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 131 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

Set defaults for new folders
When creating a new folder, two features are set as deafults (among others) that I would like to turn off: Reading Pane ON, and Group Messages by Date Received. Where can I customize the defaults for all new folders? Autstin, Sorry to say, but these items cannot be pre-configured or deployed. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "AustinJerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C55712D-328B-4A61-960B-E9D178B9FFC8@microsoft.com... > When creating a new fol...

Adding Automation methods to a class without class-wizard?
How? It use to be so easy with Classwizard adding new automation methods to an MFC COM class - now it seems you have to do it all by hand - for something that is very messy - Is there a substitute somewhere within 2005 for what was once the classwizard? Have you tried finding the class you created (in the ClassView) and looking at the methods you can add there (in the properties) when selected in that view. I agree that the functionality being split up made it way more difficult for C++ programmers. I think everyone agrees with that, but most of the functionality is still there it...

Mailbox Management Report is blank
I set up a policy to Generate a report of all users Sent and Deleted Items folders. I set the reporting level to Summary as a test and also Detail as a test. Each time I run the Mailbox Maintenancde Process, the email gets sent to the administrator I chose but it is blank. Even on the detail attachment it is blank. The event viewer log shows the correct information that should be on the report, but the email is blank. Any ideas? Does the exchange server need a MAPI client installed like 5.5 needed? You shouldn't install Oultook on your exchange server. I've run into problems wi...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Tuesday, April 20, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 131 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you consi...

New To Pivot Table
I have the following sales data: dept, category, description, Qty sold, sold price, total sale, date sold, cost,profit,prfit margin. the following is an example: beer 12 pks,miller lite, 2, 7.99, 15.98, 7/1/05, 13.98, 2, 14% The 12 pks represents the ctegory, miller lite represents the description, and soforth. I have about 15 different departments, I would like to setup a pivot table to track and compare the data per week, month, quarters and year, for example: total sales, profit, cost, profit margin for the first week on july for each department compared with the same da...

after native mode switch can't create new mailboxes
We recently switched to Exchange 2003 native mode. Email is working fine in all sites, however when we tried to create our first user post-switch we've found that the mailbox never gets created. Same procedures as before the switch, we run AD Users on the local Exchange server, create the account, specify the server, mailbox store it's part of.... The account gets created and replicated throughout the domain environment, but the email address never gets generated for the user, and the mailbox never gets created on the destination server. We followed all the guidelines for switching ...

May I post here questions about SQL queries against Excel via ODBC?
and if not, can you recommend of a relevant forum? For example, I'm desperately looking for an answer to the question: How can I retrieve the row number of a record in a query? Somethin like: select x.*,rownum() from sheet1$ as x Thanks in advance, Noam ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try posting in the Security Forum, under SQL Server Security, that's where most people go when they have questions about SQL. ...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new.
how do i change the default number type which is formatted in new spreadsheet Create a new workbook Change the Normal style (Format>Styles from the menu) to reflect your preferred number format. You can also change font style and size if your prefer. Save the workbook as a template - choosing File>Save As and select Template under the 'Save As Type' dropdown at the bottom, saving it with the name BOOK.XLT in the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\ If you have an older or newer version, you may not see the Office10 subdirectory, so adjust as appr...

Upgraded SQL from 2005 to 2008 posting much slower
I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. Entered one invoice and posted. Much much slower. Ran checklinks on all modules. Ran a script to rebuild all indexes. Still slower. Not only is posting slower but I get a lot of "Not Responding" on the GP windows now. Never had this problem with 2005. Anyone else experience this? On Feb 1, 3:58=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I upgraded my sql from 2005 to 2008 via the upgrade option. =A0Entered > one invoice and posted. =A0Much much slower. =A0Ran checklinks on all > modules. ...

Backup Strategy Suggestions
If you have not done so, this would be a good time to review your backup strategy. In Tools->Options->Backup I suggest checking x Automatically backup to hard disk on exit x Prompt me before backing up each time* x Make my file small ... Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your latest backup (named differently from your earlier backups) to a CDR. With XP, this can be a copy and paste operation. Otherwise use the burning software that came with your CDR drive. I suggest use of a USB Flash drive also. They typically act like a big floppy. Even a 32 MB drive is ...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

open a new excel window
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a form. when i click on a button, i should get the new excel window displaying a particular table values(no need to save the tabel in .xls format, just display is enough) so i followed the code below Dim oExcel As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oWs As Excel.Worksheet Set oExcel = New Excel.Application Set oWs = Excel.Worksheets.Application.ActiveSheet oExcel.Visible = True Set oWs = oExcel.ActiveSheet after this, i should insert the values in the new displayed excel window and now i am struck here(even i dont know whether th...

Mailbox limits in exchange 2003 not being enforced.
I'm not sure what is going on but up until about a month ago mailbox limits were being enforced in exchange. I have checked all my settings and have tried applying the limits at the IS level and the individual user level. ESM is showing that it is issuing warnings and that prohibit send is being enforced on the mailboxes over the limits, but people are still able to send. I have also checked with individual users and they are receiving the "warning message" that their mailbox is over the limit but they certainly can still send. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Steve...