"filtering" external messages that target my distribution lists ?

Is there any way to "filter" external messages that target distribution
lists in my organization ?
I've seen that Mail Essentials can check headers and block messages sent to
a certain number of recipient, but I am wondering how I can prevent somebody
from sending unsolicited e-mail to one of my distribution lists ?
Exch2000.

0
marlon_brown (142)

Disable OL2k3 Junk Email Filtering on All Machines
Hi We have server side filtering and would like to ensure that Outlook Junk filtering is switched off on all machines Could this be done with say a logon script? Thanks B ...

Filtering by certain criteria
Hello experts - I created a custom list where I have numbers of items listed there. Now I would need to set up view in which if user login to our sharepoint, he/she will see only items they are owners for. (note: items have been inserted into custom list by myself, not by owners) So I will basically filter column 'owner' by enteprise.ids that have been defined in another custom list titled as "Enterprise ID", in column "Title" to ensure sharepoint will recognize those IDs in column owner. How can I set the filter to ensure filter will work accordi...

Filtering a worksheet if same value found in differnet columns
Ok a little confusing to explain. I have a spreadsheet set up, where differnet columns may contain the same values for example: Col1 Col2 Col3 Item1 A Item2 H Item3 B A Item4 G H Item5 A What i would like to do is be able to filter on conditions if a value is found in either Col2 or Col3, for example "A" which would return item1, item3 and item5. I've not played to much with filters but would love to get this working. The tricky part is that the condition will change, eg today we need all enteries where "H" applies... ...

Filtering with dates
How do I filter using dates? I am trying to filter out dates for each month, example I want to collect all of the entries with dates in September. I am using Office 2003. Assuming you want to use either data>filter>autofilter or teh advanced filter in autofilter use custom, where rows are greater than or equal to 09/01/04 (using US date format) AND is less than or equal to 09/30/04 click OK using the advanced filter, you need 2 cells as criteria, leave the first one blank, assume we use D1:D2, leave D1 blank and in D2 put =MONTH(A3)=9 where A3 is the first cell with the dat...

Connection Filtering Tab Greyed out
We are in a mixed mode Exchange Org. I am trying to configure Connection Filtering on my Exchange 2003 SP1/Windows 2003 server but when I click on the Connection Filtering tab I get an error and the options are grayed out. The error message references article 818482 but the article doesn't give a work around or solution that works; it states to use Exchange 200O System Manager to do the filtering but E2k ESM doesn't show the Connection Filtering tab. Any ideas? Regards, Brian ...

Filtering for fields with character
How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ? For example if my fields are: A(2001) B(2004) C D(2055) E(2006) I would like to display results that contain parentheses brackets. I try filtering using the wildcard *(* but it does not work. On Sat, 15 May 2010 07:00:28 -0700 (PDT), Louis <leplatt@googlemail.com> wrote: >How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ? > >For example if my fields are: > >A(2001) >B(2004) >C >D(2055) >E(2006) > >I would like to display results that ...

filtering question
New situation: What I'm working on is creating a call log form that shows static information on the top part of the form (user id, name, phone, etc) and at the bottom is a sub form where tracking the times each user has been called and their eventual answer. simple enough and I have that much worked out now. Each user in question has a number of network shares that we are trying to get confirmed by the user. Several users have multiple shares, I need to generate a query that will give me a list of users and all the shares they own. I only want the userid listed once however i...

Filtering records using VBA
How can I filter a recordset used in a form record by record programatically rather than via SQL? I have a fairly complex vba function that can decide whether the record needs to be displayed or not in the form but it's difficult/ impossible to convert into an SQL statement. Is there any way I can do this? capax.solutions@gmail.com wrote: >How can I filter a recordset used in a form record by record >programatically rather than via SQL? > >I have a fairly complex vba function that can decide whether the >record needs to be displayed or not in the form but it's diffic...

Connection filtering record
1. I have set up connection filtering. How can I see what mail is being rejected? 2. Since setting up connection filtering the email tracking shows all emails being delivered to the intended recipient AND the badmail folder. Could someone explain this? To answer your first question, take a look here: http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/html/log_analyzer.htm Not sure about the second question. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nate" <nmorse@aimcomm.com> wrote in message news:ewUBm6C3DHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

Pivot Table Filtering
Hi, I am trying to filter a pivot table through a macro and what I have works but I have come to find out that the source data is more dynamic than I thought and is breaking my macro each month I run it. Here is a small exerpt of what I have so far: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable").PivotFields("Project ID").CurrentPage = _"(All)" 'Filter for KT Hours With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable").PivotFields("Project ID") .PivotItems("7012276").Visible = False .PivotItems("7012279").Visib...

Auto-Filtering and Copying
I have two templates that are identical, except one has about half the columns filled out and the other is blank except for the information that is in the template. I am trying to turn on my Auto- filters and copy a selection on information based on what I have filtered. I can copy the information but when I paste it on the blank template it fills in the hidden rows. Is there a way to paste just into what I am sorting by? No, you would need to use a macro, or insert formulas into the cells that you want filled that will extract the data. To get further help, you would need to post sm...

Filtering a report by controls
I'm currently running reports from my database for a date range using controls FromDate and ToDate. This works fine, but I'd like the reports to also sort by an additional control called EmpSelect. The current code I'm using is: Dim strWhere As String Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "FreqByEmployee" strWhere = "[Date] >= #" & _ Forms!FreqReportMenu![FromDate] & "# And [Date] <=#" & _ Forms!FreqReportMenu![ToDate] & "# " DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strWh...

Filtering in a PivotTable
Here is a simplied version of a list that I have created a PivotTable from: Country State/Prov City Value USA California Oakland 3245 USA California San Diego 6532 USA Texas Houston 7543 USA Texas Dallas 2113 Canada Alberta Calgary 1222 Canada Alberta Edmonton 8432 Canada Ontario Toronto 4921 Canada Ontario Ottawa 1007 I created a PivotTable where Country is the first row field, State/ Prov is the second row field, and City is the third row field. When I click the drop-down arrow for the Country field, it displays the following values with checkboxes preceding the...

Filtering #3
Hello I have a question about Exchange 2000 servers. Last week our mail server got hit with the Netsky worm. The server did not have a filter blocking the zip files. Can you tell me how this filter can be added? Also, do most Exchange admins put filters on their exchange servers to block these attachments or is there another recommendation you can offer? Thank you. ...

joining to worksheets or filtering not sure of correct terminology
Hi I have two worksheets that I want to join like i can do in an access database The first is called Items and the Second is called Winners Items contains about 1000 items and each row has a unique Item Number Winners contains the same unique Item numbers but only about 100 of the Items. I want to join these worksheets where they intersect, that is the unique item number, and combine into a third sheet. I haev been abel to import both these two sheets into access and then create a relationship between them and then export the query back to excel, but this is taking me ages, and I woud li...

Filtering incoming/outgoing mail
Is there a way to filter all incoming mail from a specific domain, and all outgoing mail to the same domain, and keep copies somewhere? The recipient should still get the original, but have a copy saved/journaled somewhere? This needs to be done globally, as many people are involved. Exchange 2003, SP2 Thank you. Ed I do not believe that this functionality is exposed through the interface although a Transport Event sink should be able to do the job. Nue "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:OSV0CoDeGHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a ...

Datasheet view alignment after filtering on subform
Hello Forum Members: I am using Access 2000 and the sub form on the main form is displayed as datasheet view. When the filtered results are opened, the datasheet view alignment is changed somewhat. Before filtering, the entire datasheet view is full-filled in sub form. And after filtering, I see space on the far right side of the sub form. Do anyone know how I can correct this problem? Here is the code for the filter, but the filtered results are correct, so I am not sure if this is related to the code. Is it something that I need to adjust on the property of the main form and sub form...

Re: AutoComplete not filtering with Ajax
On Nov 26, 10:39=A0pm, Steph <st...@pipoland.com> wrote: > hello, your problem is the chars separator option... look at this. > > > > MarkusJ_NZ wrote: > > Hi, I have a text box which I have associated with an > > AutoCompleteExtender. > > > e.g. > > > =A0<cc1:AutoCompleteExtender > > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 runat=3D"server" > > =A0 =A0 ID=3D"autoComplete1" > > =A0 =A0 TargetControlID=3D"TextBox1" > > =A0 =A0 ServiceMethod=3D"GetCompletionList" > > =A0 =A0 Minimum...

Filtering Messages To Receive Only From Your Contacts?
Anyone know how to create a filter list that you will only accept mail from people on your contact list in Outlook and/or Outlook Express. I just dont understand why is it that Hotmail and Yahoo mail can do this seamlessly. I have tried to mess around with the filter settings, but with no luck. Even if you get mail from people on your list to your box and the rest goes to the trash bin like hotmail would be great. Thx Rob Outlook 2002 has this built into Rules Wizard. In earlier versions, = you'd have to add each contact to the rules individually.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Out...

IMF filtering does not put junk mail to users' Junk E-Mail
For the gateway blocking configuration, it did archive those messages to a server folder. However, when I set the Gateway action to No Action but let those SCL 1 or greater to be put on user Junk E-Mail folder, it does not work. It just go directly to user Inbox, what should I do? Thanks p.s. SMTP authentication is not enabled, all connections are anonymous Ian ...

Recipient Filtering
EX2k3 SP2 Hi I would like to enable the "filter recipients who are not in the directory" option under Global settings/Message Delivery/Recipient Filtering. However we allow an IIS server in the domain to relay email though the exchange server. If the “filter recipients who are not in the directory" option is selected will this cause e-mail relayed by the IIS server to non AD recipients to fail? Regards SuperPlay Recipient Filtering and Relaying are separate pieces of functionality and as such you should not have any problems. Nue "SuperPlay" <SuperPla...

Exchange 2003 Recipent filtering
Hello all, I'm running a Windows 2003 exchange server and am having trouble blocking certain users from sending mail to external domains. I've added the users group in the "Delivery Restrictions" tab in "Reject Messages From" in the "Internet Mail SMTP Connector Properties". However they can still send out. This exchange system was migrated from a 5.5 system. I thought switching the server to Native Mode would help, but it hasn't. I also tried putting a specific user's name in the "Recipient Filtering" and "Sender Filtering" ta...

Filtering #4
Hi Everyone, I have a problem where the "out of office" emails are going to one particular external email address and this needs to be blocked. Is there any possible method of preventing this with Exchange without deploying an anti-spam solution? Thanks, C Graham On the properties of the default address space, in the ESM, go to the Advanced tab, and clear the checkbox that allows OOFs. This will stop OOFs from going out to ANY recipient outside your Exchange org. I don't believe you can deny it to only one particular recipient. -- David Wilhoit Exchange MVP "C Gr...

Filtering on merged cells
Can you please help? I have 6 pieces of info in cells A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 & A13 - Cells C8 to C13 are merged and contain one value, if i use the filter option and choose the value contained within the merged cells, it only displays the info in cell A8, where as i need the info in cells A8, A9, A10, A11, A12 & A13 to be shown...is this possible? Thanks -- mtaylor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mtaylor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26871 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Filtering a lookup field
Hi everyone, Has anyone looked at filtering lookup fields? Essentially want i want to do is filter the primary contact on the business form [crm 3.0] so that it only shows the clients of that business, rather than everyone. Is that possible? Also, is it possible to add other lookups so that there could be secondary contact, billing contact, manager contact... etc? Thanks, Jack ------=_NextPart_0001_10CB3D68 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jack~ You won't be able to do this with CRM out of the box. However, you may be able to do this with SDK. I would t...