[Exchange 2003] Mail enabled public folder and sender address

I have a Windows 2003 domain with a native mode Exchange 2003 organization; 
there are some mail enabled public folders.
When a user replies to a message in a public folder, the outgoing mail's 
sender address is the user's one; I want it to be the public folder's one, 
or at least I'd like the "reply-to" address to be set to the public 
folder's.
How can I accomplish this?

Thanks

Massimo

0
barone (90)
1/4/2005 7:57:15 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
533 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the 
public folder.  By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, the 
PF is not composing the reply, rather you are.  Granting Send As for that 
user will allow them to change the from address to that of the public 
folder.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP


"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message 
news:%23oy0edp8EHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have a Windows 2003 domain with a native mode Exchange 2003 organization; 
>there are some mail enabled public folders.
> When a user replies to a message in a public folder, the outgoing mail's 
> sender address is the user's one; I want it to be the public folder's one, 
> or at least I'd like the "reply-to" address to be set to the public 
> folder's.
> How can I accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Massimo
> 


0
Ben
1/4/2005 8:26:02 PM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha 
scritto nel messaggio news:%23uXpdup8EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the 
> public folder.  By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, 
> the PF is not composing the reply, rather you are.  Granting Send As for 
> that user will allow them to change the from address to that of the public 
> folder.

Ok, but is there any way to make this the default option, instead of having 
the user manually select it?

Massimo

0
barone (90)
1/4/2005 8:34:39 PM
No, at least not to my knowledge.  As I mentioned, the Public Folder is not 
sending the reply, the client is.  For that reason, the Public Folder does 
not determine which e-mail address is used, the client does.  If you find 
differently (Google), then great, but I doubt you will.

There is a utility called ChooseFrom, by Ivasoft that may help, but it is 
still going to be a manual process.
http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP


"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message 
news:creui3$b4o$1@newsreader1.mclink.it...
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha 
> scritto nel messaggio news:%23uXpdup8EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
>> You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the 
>> public folder.  By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, 
>> the PF is not composing the reply, rather you are.  Granting Send As for 
>> that user will allow them to change the from address to that of the 
>> public folder.
>
> Ok, but is there any way to make this the default option, instead of 
> having the user manually select it?
>
> Massimo
> 


0
Ben
1/4/2005 9:00:40 PM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha 
scritto nel messaggio news:%23uXpdup8EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the 
> public folder.  By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, 
> the PF is not composing the reply, rather you are.  Granting Send As for 
> that user will allow them to change the from address to that of the public 
> folder.

I tried giving a user the permissions to Send As the public folder, but how 
does exactly the user proceed for setting the from address?

Massimo

0
barone (90)
1/4/2005 10:05:04 PM
When you reply to the message, from the Outlook message window, go to the 
View menu, and choose From field.  you can then specify the From adress.

-- 
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP


"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message 
news:crf3rj$239q$1@newsreader2.mclink.it...
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha 
> scritto nel messaggio news:%23uXpdup8EHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>
>> You would need to grant the user permissions to be able to Send As the 
>> public folder.  By default, when you reply to a message that is in a PF, 
>> the PF is not composing the reply, rather you are.  Granting Send As for 
>> that user will allow them to change the from address to that of the 
>> public folder.
>
> I tried giving a user the permissions to Send As the public folder, but 
> how does exactly the user proceed for setting the from address?
>
> Massimo
> 


0
Ben
1/4/2005 10:28:06 PM
"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha 
scritto nel messaggio news:Ot8uqyq8EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> When you reply to the message, from the Outlook message window,
> go to the View menu, and choose From field.  you can then specify
> the From adress.

Argh... my users will never remember to do this everytime :-(
Isn't really there a more automated way to do this?

Massimo

0
barone (90)
1/4/2005 10:58:02 PM
Take a look at RightFrom COM add-in for Outlook at
http://www.ivasoft.biz/rightfrom.html

If you wish, we could develop similar thing for public folders. But take in
mind you need to install that utility on each computer that runs Outlook.

-- 
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer
www.ivasoft.biz


"Massimo" <barone@mclink.it> wrote in message
news:crf6ut$2535$1@newsreader2.mclink.it...
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> ha
> scritto nel messaggio news:Ot8uqyq8EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>
> > When you reply to the message, from the Outlook message window,
> > go to the View menu, and choose From field.  you can then specify
> > the From adress.
>
> Argh... my users will never remember to do this everytime :-(
> Isn't really there a more automated way to do this?
>
> Massimo
>


0
no1498 (362)
1/5/2005 7:43:08 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: