"Email Addresses" tab is not available

I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the 
"Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would be 
unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment console, 
right-click, and then "properties"?
0
rfIPS (27)
5/10/2006 8:20:02 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

10 Replies
449 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine?

Nue
"rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the
> "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would 
> be
> unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment 
> console,
> right-click, and then "properties"? 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/10/2006 8:30:51 PM
Well, I can see these tabs for other users in the Users group; it's just one 
user that I cannot see these tabs for.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine?
> 
> Nue
> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the
> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would 
> > be
> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment 
> > console,
> > right-click, and then "properties"? 
> 
> 
> 
0
rfIPS (27)
5/10/2006 9:42:02 PM
Is it mailbox enabled?

Nue
"rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4F5B70AE-2684-4DC9-B5DF-CB3AC7802D99@microsoft.com...
> Well, I can see these tabs for other users in the Users group; it's just 
> one
> user that I cannot see these tabs for.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine?
>>
>> Nue
>> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why 
>> > the
>> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs 
>> > would
>> > be
>> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
>> > console,
>> > right-click, and then "properties"?
>>
>>
>> 


0
imaneophyte (3004)
5/10/2006 9:44:47 PM
Dear rflPS,

Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server who 
have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where 
Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has 
AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager installed on 
them.

i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me know if 
you need more information on how to install ESM only.

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the
> "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would 
> be
> unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment 
> console,
> right-click, and then "properties"? 


0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 9:44:55 PM
then the story was changed :):) i don't think he is a mailbox enabled :):)

Regards
Alaa
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:upXZ5rHdGHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Is it mailbox enabled?
>
> Nue
> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4F5B70AE-2684-4DC9-B5DF-CB3AC7802D99@microsoft.com...
>> Well, I can see these tabs for other users in the Users group; it's just 
>> one
>> user that I cannot see these tabs for.
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>>> Have installed the exchange management tools on that machine?
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
>>> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why 
>>> > the
>>> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs 
>>> > would
>>> > be
>>> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
>>> > console,
>>> > right-click, and then "properties"?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 9:55:26 PM
I feel like a real dork asking this but how do I go about changing this user 
account to a mail-enabled account?

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> Dear rflPS,
> 
> Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server who 
> have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where 
> Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has 
> AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager installed on 
> them.
> 
> i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me know if 
> you need more information on how to install ESM only.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> 
> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why the
> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs would 
> > be
> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment 
> > console,
> > right-click, and then "properties"? 
> 
> 
> 
0
rfIPS (27)
5/10/2006 10:25:02 PM
No at all, don't say that to your self, we are only kidding.

anyway, to create a mailbox for a user:

1. open Active Directory Users and Computers.
2. choose the user that you want to create a mailbox for him, and Right 
click that user and select Exchange Task.
3. from the Wizard, on the welcome screen, click on next.
4. on the next page, on the options select "Create mailbox"
5. on the next screen, click on next. but if you have more than one server, 
then select the server and storage group where you want to create the 
mailbox under.
6. then the process of creating the mailbox will start, if the creation was 
successful then the next screen will report that, otherwise, it will report 
an erro.

i hope that the above steps will help you creating a mailbox for your lovely 
user :)

please let me know if you need more help on that, and please do not hesitate 
to ask, we all are here to help you, and to share out experience of this 
field.

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:323DE1A8-D789-4C33-87F4-B358545623EF@microsoft.com...
>I feel like a real dork asking this but how do I go about changing this 
>user
> account to a mail-enabled account?
>
> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
>
>> Dear rflPS,
>>
>> Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server who
>> have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where
>> Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has
>> AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager installed 
>> on
>> them.
>>
>> i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me know 
>> if
>> you need more information on how to install ESM only.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
>> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>>
>> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why 
>> > the
>> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs 
>> > would
>> > be
>> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
>> > console,
>> > right-click, and then "properties"?
>>
>>
>> 


0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 10:33:56 PM
You guys are so nice making me feel better. 

The steps you suggest below are what I thought you were supposed to be able 
to do; however, when I right-click on the user's account, that option is not 
available. All that is listed is: Add user to group; change password; disable 
acct; rename user; remove user; and, of course, properties and help. 

How do I go about getting the Exchange Task option on the right-click menu?

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> No at all, don't say that to your self, we are only kidding.
> 
> anyway, to create a mailbox for a user:
> 
> 1. open Active Directory Users and Computers.
> 2. choose the user that you want to create a mailbox for him, and Right 
> click that user and select Exchange Task.
> 3. from the Wizard, on the welcome screen, click on next.
> 4. on the next page, on the options select "Create mailbox"
> 5. on the next screen, click on next. but if you have more than one server, 
> then select the server and storage group where you want to create the 
> mailbox under.
> 6. then the process of creating the mailbox will start, if the creation was 
> successful then the next screen will report that, otherwise, it will report 
> an erro.
> 
> i hope that the above steps will help you creating a mailbox for your lovely 
> user :)
> 
> please let me know if you need more help on that, and please do not hesitate 
> to ask, we all are here to help you, and to share out experience of this 
> field.
> 
> Regards
> 
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> 
> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:323DE1A8-D789-4C33-87F4-B358545623EF@microsoft.com...
> >I feel like a real dork asking this but how do I go about changing this 
> >user
> > account to a mail-enabled account?
> >
> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
> >
> >> Dear rflPS,
> >>
> >> Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server who
> >> have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where
> >> Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has
> >> AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager installed 
> >> on
> >> them.
> >>
> >> i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me know 
> >> if
> >> you need more information on how to install ESM only.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> >> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> >>
> >> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> >> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me why 
> >> > the
> >> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs 
> >> > would
> >> > be
> >> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
> >> > console,
> >> > right-click, and then "properties"?
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
rfIPS (27)
5/10/2006 11:03:02 PM
My Dear ,

I am sorry , i didn't mention it on my post, in order to view the "Exchange 
Tasks" feature please open Active Directory Users and Computers from your 
exchange server, if your DC does not have Exchange System Manager installed 
on it, and you opened ADUS from it, then you will not get this option. you 
will see this options, for now, in your Active Directory Users and Computers 
from your Exchange Server.

Regards
Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0F089D88-999E-4885-9610-A5D5703D7EA6@microsoft.com...
> You guys are so nice making me feel better.
>
> The steps you suggest below are what I thought you were supposed to be 
> able
> to do; however, when I right-click on the user's account, that option is 
> not
> available. All that is listed is: Add user to group; change password; 
> disable
> acct; rename user; remove user; and, of course, properties and help.
>
> How do I go about getting the Exchange Task option on the right-click 
> menu?
>
> "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
>
>> No at all, don't say that to your self, we are only kidding.
>>
>> anyway, to create a mailbox for a user:
>>
>> 1. open Active Directory Users and Computers.
>> 2. choose the user that you want to create a mailbox for him, and Right
>> click that user and select Exchange Task.
>> 3. from the Wizard, on the welcome screen, click on next.
>> 4. on the next page, on the options select "Create mailbox"
>> 5. on the next screen, click on next. but if you have more than one 
>> server,
>> then select the server and storage group where you want to create the
>> mailbox under.
>> 6. then the process of creating the mailbox will start, if the creation 
>> was
>> successful then the next screen will report that, otherwise, it will 
>> report
>> an erro.
>>
>> i hope that the above steps will help you creating a mailbox for your 
>> lovely
>> user :)
>>
>> please let me know if you need more help on that, and please do not 
>> hesitate
>> to ask, we all are here to help you, and to share out experience of this
>> field.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
>> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>>
>> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:323DE1A8-D789-4C33-87F4-B358545623EF@microsoft.com...
>> >I feel like a real dork asking this but how do I go about changing this
>> >user
>> > account to a mail-enabled account?
>> >
>> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Dear rflPS,
>> >>
>> >> Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server 
>> >> who
>> >> have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where
>> >> Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has
>> >> AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager 
>> >> installed
>> >> on
>> >> them.
>> >>
>> >> i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me 
>> >> know
>> >> if
>> >> you need more information on how to install ESM only.
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >>
>> >> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
>> >> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
>> >>
>> >> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
>> >> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me 
>> >> > why
>> >> > the
>> >> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs
>> >> > would
>> >> > be
>> >> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
>> >> > console,
>> >> > right-click, and then "properties"?
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 11:36:21 PM
OK, I finally got it. I was viewing users from the Server Management Console 
instead of opening Exchange Server and viewing them from there.

thanks so much for the help.

RF

"Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:

> My Dear ,
> 
> I am sorry , i didn't mention it on my post, in order to view the "Exchange 
> Tasks" feature please open Active Directory Users and Computers from your 
> exchange server, if your DC does not have Exchange System Manager installed 
> on it, and you opened ADUS from it, then you will not get this option. you 
> will see this options, for now, in your Active Directory Users and Computers 
> from your Exchange Server.
> 
> Regards
> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> 
> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:0F089D88-999E-4885-9610-A5D5703D7EA6@microsoft.com...
> > You guys are so nice making me feel better.
> >
> > The steps you suggest below are what I thought you were supposed to be 
> > able
> > to do; however, when I right-click on the user's account, that option is 
> > not
> > available. All that is listed is: Add user to group; change password; 
> > disable
> > acct; rename user; remove user; and, of course, properties and help.
> >
> > How do I go about getting the Exchange Task option on the right-click 
> > menu?
> >
> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
> >
> >> No at all, don't say that to your self, we are only kidding.
> >>
> >> anyway, to create a mailbox for a user:
> >>
> >> 1. open Active Directory Users and Computers.
> >> 2. choose the user that you want to create a mailbox for him, and Right
> >> click that user and select Exchange Task.
> >> 3. from the Wizard, on the welcome screen, click on next.
> >> 4. on the next page, on the options select "Create mailbox"
> >> 5. on the next screen, click on next. but if you have more than one 
> >> server,
> >> then select the server and storage group where you want to create the
> >> mailbox under.
> >> 6. then the process of creating the mailbox will start, if the creation 
> >> was
> >> successful then the next screen will report that, otherwise, it will 
> >> report
> >> an erro.
> >>
> >> i hope that the above steps will help you creating a mailbox for your 
> >> lovely
> >> user :)
> >>
> >> please let me know if you need more help on that, and please do not 
> >> hesitate
> >> to ask, we all are here to help you, and to share out experience of this
> >> field.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> >> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> >>
> >> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:323DE1A8-D789-4C33-87F4-B358545623EF@microsoft.com...
> >> >I feel like a real dork asking this but how do I go about changing this
> >> >user
> >> > account to a mail-enabled account?
> >> >
> >> > "Alaa Alian Al-Ankar" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Dear rflPS,
> >> >>
> >> >> Exchange Attributes for the users will be shown only from the server 
> >> >> who
> >> >> have Exchange Server 2000/2003 installed on it, or from any DC where
> >> >> Exchange System Manager is installed on it, or from any server who has
> >> >> AdminPack for Windows 2000 / 2003 and Exchange System Manager 
> >> >> installed
> >> >> on
> >> >> them.
> >> >>
> >> >> i hope that the above information was helpful to you. please let me 
> >> >> know
> >> >> if
> >> >> you need more information on how to install ESM only.
> >> >>
> >> >> Regards
> >> >>
> >> >> Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
> >> >> Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com
> >> >>
> >> >> "rfIPS" <rfIPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:2C1E3059-D49D-434E-8E99-C4936F78E1C8@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > I'm new to Exchange Server and still learning. Can anyone tell me 
> >> >> > why
> >> >> > the
> >> >> > "Email Addresses", "Exchange Features", and "Exchange Advanced" tabs
> >> >> > would
> >> >> > be
> >> >> > unavailable when I go to the user's account in SBS Server Managment
> >> >> > console,
> >> >> > right-click, and then "properties"?
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
rfIPS (27)
5/11/2006 8:44:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

why suddenly do email addresses not pop up auto when sending emai
All of a sudden when I'm sending an email the address is not automatically coming up. Usually does with anyone I've sent emails to previously. I have lots of people I email that I don't have in my address book - I rely on their address to pop up with the first few letters of their name. just starting doing this today. What did I do??? Thanks for any help. Deedee As Word does not have any e-mail function of its own, you need to ask in a forum for your e-mail software. Did you use any 'clean-up' type of software recently? -- <>>< ><&...

How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in Outloook?
How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in Outlook? I am in a discussion list for chiropractors and I save all the email messages in a folder in Outlook. I want to extract all the various email addresses from other chiropractors and save the list of email addresses in a word document. Thanks. Grady Add the addresses to your Contacts as you get them. Right click on each address and Add to Contacts. Export to an Excel spreadsheet. "Grady" wrote: > How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in > Outlook? I a...

program trying to access email addresses #2
When I sync my palm tungsten E with outlook, I get a pop up messege stating there is a program trying to access the email addresses of the new contacts. It pops up for each new contact. Is there a way to turn this protection feature off? Regards, tgm Hi tgm, here you could get a programm, which click yes for you http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/ -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de ...

Importing email addresses from MS Access
I have an Access database with a list of email addresses, and I want to start up a mailing list for my business. I was wondering if there is a way of importing these addresses into Outlook, more importantly into a distribution list. Thanks Sure you can. create a contact folder in outlook and import the database into that folder "Steven C" <jagr@mailandnews.com> wrote in message news:04a601c34f4f$533a0d70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Access database with a list of email addresses, > and I want to start up a mailing list for my business. I > was wondering if th...

I have a question about migrating email addresses
What would you suggest me to do to keep all staff member email address close to what we have currently with our hosting company? Can I change this when creating a mail box? Our just modifying the alias field would work? Please advise example (hosting company): doe.john@n2newdirection.org example (Exchange Server): jdoe@n2newdirection.org -- Jermaine Wells Network Administrator You change SMTP addresses either individually on the E-Mail Addresses tab of the user in ADUC or globally by defining the Recipient Policy in Exchange System Manager. "JWells" <JWells@discuss...

Change entries in popup list for partially typed email addresses
When I start a new email and type in the first few letters of a recipient name or email address, I am given a helpful list of candidate addresses. However, the email addresses of one acquaintance in this list needs to be corrected. How can I do this? I tried looking in the address book, but none of the lists seem to contain this contact. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The autocompletion cache has nothing to do with your Contacts. It is simply a cache of your prior recipients. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when pres...

Multiple Email Addresses
Hello, I have a question regarding a server that would host two email domains for example domain1.net and domain2.com. I know how-to get the Exchange 2000/2003 server to accept mail for both domains and to setup the SMTP address for the users. But is there a way that I can have the user specify which email address appears in the From section of the email as opposed to using whichever SMTP address is default? BTW. the client is Outlook 2003, if that matters. Thanks! Chris "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@NOSPAM.trinecom.com> wrote in news:#702taF5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: ...

Emails not routed for particular email addresses
Hi I have 2 domains, one is say @abc.com and another @abc.com.au. One user is say jeremyb@abc.com.au (default) and another say jeremy.box@abc.com. Even though I have updated the recipient policy with the abc.com domain and the email address is listed on the email address tab, emails are not getting forwarded to his jeremyb@abc.com.au they go to the undeliverable mail. I am using the POP3 connector. I have also tried using routing rules without success. For some reason any emails sent to jeremy.box@abc.com are not arriving at the default email address of jeremyb@abc.com. Any ideas?...

Email addresses
Okay, I want to put email addressess into excel so that I can export it into another program. I'm new at using excel, so how do I do this. TIA, Pat ...

Exporting email addresses from Outlook
I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? -- Roger Explain what you mean. Outlook does not use groups. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Roger" <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A798E063-4F7B-44B6-86FD-9B627AFD4A2B@microsoft.com... >I have many large email groups set up in Outlook. Is there a way to export > only a group and not ALL email addresses in my address book? > -- > Roger ...

AutoFill of email addresses
I want to rebuild my autofil email list in Outlook 2003. I have a bunch of old email addresses that I want eliminated so I thought that erasing them all and rebuilding would be the answer. Can I control how long an email address is in the list before it gets automatically purged? How do I manage that list? Is there anyway to erase all the names that are currently "stored" and start over? Thanks in advance, Christopher Perhaps this article will help you out ... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=287623 CW "Christopher Chapman" <cjchapman19@comcast.net> w...

Program accessing email addresses
I get a warning message "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." This happens every time I create a new message. I recently installed the Office XP Service Pack 3, not sure if that's what started it. There are no other programs running, I've done scans for viruses, and spyware using Ad-Aware. I'm using an Exchange server for mail. Is this a setting within Outlook 2002? What is it and how do I get rid of it? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003
Is there a way of sharing Outlook Express contacts with Outlook 2003? I don't want to import my Outlook Express email addresses into Outlook. I use Outlook for Family and Friends contacts. -- Brian No, but you can use a reg setting to do the opposite: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Meyers" <bkm4798.spamnot@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:aaqUc.2266$yj3.442253@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com... > Is there a way of sharing Outlook Express contacts with Outlook 2003? > > I don't want to import my Outl...

How to get Microsoft Outlook to cut and paste full email addresses
What is the switch that tells Microsoft Outlook to allow cut and pasting of email addresses? There MUST be a better way! When I copy and paste an email recipient from a name in outlook from list, I get the person's name and not their email address. Aaaaooooouuurrrrrrggggghhhh! The only way I know today to copy and paste the full email is to go to "view" "options" and then copy and paste from the "message options" header section. Geeeeeeeazus. Can Microsoft Outlook be this stuuuuuuuupid? There MUST be a better way to copy and paste Microsoft Outlook email ...

Loosing email addresses 04-09-10
Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any one help me please The same thing is happening to me -I just keep losing the same contacts I make over and over -and I have searched for answers and cannot find any. "Sidewinder" wrote: > Every time i am loosing my email addresses in lifemail Windows 7, can any > one help me please > > . > If contacts continue to disappear, it might be appropriate to update the Contact.msi file(only deployed if Windows Live Essentials was installed after the last required WLMsgr upgrade...

How do I set the way email addresses display in my send items?
When I send email to a group, I only want the name of the person to display on the email. This was automatic in earlier versions of Outlook. In 2003 both the contact's name and email address is displayed when I send. How do I set a preference to correct this? Your post is unclear. You have asked two unrelated questions. First you are asking how to display only one persons name when sending to multiple recipients. No version of Outlook ever did this, despite what you may think you remember. To do that requires a mail merge to electronic mail, not sending to a "group." Ne...

Editing email addresses
Hi, We have a public folder that stores all our company's contacts. Currently I have the view set to a custom view (by going view > arrange by > current view > by company and have then removed some of the fields shown by default and added the email field as one of the fields that i require). Problem is that i can edit all of the default information (ie phone number, company name etc) but when it comes to either typing in an email address or editing one it won't allow me to do that. Do I need to activate this ability somewhere or somehow?? Any ideas?? Cheers in advan...

Why Does Windows Mail forget email addresses?
It's very annoying but many times when I start to email someone, I find that Windows Mail has forgotten the address and will not complete it, so I have to go into contacts and email from there. I never knew this to happen with OE in any of the Win versions before Vista, and wonder why it happens with Windows Mail. Is there a fix for this? TIA Cheri Windows Mail only remembers the last 29 addresses used. See this about removing remembered addresses. How to clear the email auto-complete entries in Windows Mail http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/245/1/How-to-clea...

Copy Email addresses to Outlook Express
I have a list of email addresses in an Excel column that I would like to copy into Outlook Express. Is there a way to do this? Hi Lon, Backup your Windows Address Book before doing anything (*.WAB) Same file (.WAB) is used by both Outlook Express and by Outlook. You will need one extra column of data in your Excel file, because the WAB when using Import of a CSV file requires an ending comma. Export from your WAB so that you can get the format of the column headings then you can import them back in with your new data or maybe just import the new data in the corre...

removing autocomplete email addresses
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP SP1 Hi, In OL 2002, when one starts to type an email address, in the "To:" field, it often fills with a name or email address. However, at times it fills it with a name for which I have no email address and thus is useless. How do I remove that name (or any one name or email address)?--I mean can I remove that name from the list or must I delete the whole file that this feature uses? If so, what is the file name and where does OL keep it? Tx! Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when presented in the suggested n...

how do i "import contacts" without Email Addresses?
I was wondering if someone knew how to add a placeholder email address to all contacts? SharePoint wont seem to allow you to import contacts that do not have a email address, and I have a client with 4800 contacts and about 90% don't have email addresses. Manually entering a email address for each would be a giant pain. I'm wondering if there a tool or option in outlook that will simply add "blank@blank.com" to all contacts that do not have anything in their email field? Maybe there is away to import the contacts without a email address, i cant seem to find it anywhere. I hav...

how do I export email addresses
Hi Could some please help me in a really simple way. I have tried to follow the online help but it just confused me even more. I have a excel database full of email addresses. How do I export them from excel into Outlook without having to set up each one separtly. As to do one at a time is very time consumming. Thank you Hi you have to save the Excel file as *.csv file. This then could be imported in Outlook -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Marina.Corrigan" <Marina.Corrigan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CFA874EB-8BB4-45DA-BA49-E35FB8...

2003 org connected to 2003 org....but with same email addresses
Hi I am starting a domain migration, but ideally we want to setup users from scratch. Currently we have an exchange 2003 organisation, with front and backend servers, and we want to leave the mail flowing into that org during the staged migration.....we then want to create a new exchange environment on the new domain. The users will have the same email addresses. Will the ADC cope with this? so in essense mail will flow to to the old exchange server, but then if it doesn't find a account with the email address as I would have either deleted it or removed the SMTP address, I then need i...

Removing cached email addresses
I made the mistake of sending email to a co-worker from a rarely used account of mine. Now, she gets that email address as the top option when she sends to me - she too often forgets to notice that she is picking the wrong address after she types my name in. How can she expunge that address from her outlook 2003 installation? It is not in as a contact. Somewhere in her outlook ether, it lives on, but we can't find where to kill it! All help appreciated. doh. Figured it out. Just arrow down into the list of selections and delete the one you don't want. "bob"...

How do I cancel forwarding email to vacation email addresses?
I forwarded my mail to other email addresses while on vacation but I cannot locate how to cancel these addresses now that I don't need to forward anymore. Did you set this up using your Rules Wizard? "Bajanman" <Bajanman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:931D092B-B892-4703-B1B7-9CD48E844558@microsoft.com... > I forwarded my mail to other email addresses while on vacation but I cannot > locate how to cancel these addresses now that I don't need to forward anymore. In addition to what Kathleen asked, did you set this up thru your I...