(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup

We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency
adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5
has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.

This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as
read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489

The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup . What
is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?  I
list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one listed
of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

Following the links, it looks like
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829418
needs to be uninstalled.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:34:49 -0600, "FastEddie"
<fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote:

>We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
>the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
>adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency
>adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5
>has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
>consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>
>This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as
>read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>
>The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
>uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup . What
>is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?  I
>list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
>Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one listed
>of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
adavid (8731)
1/25/2005 1:05:04 AM
Yes. I found that article. The one I was looking at specifically says to
uninstall the may rollup. It does not say what KB patch or rollup to
uninstall. That's all I need

The article is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841765

Important If you installed the May 2004 Update Rollup (build 2658.4), you
must first uninstall that update rollup before installing this rereleased
November 2004 Update Rollup (build 2658.25).

Kind of hard to figure that one out...?!

-Fasteddie

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:um6bv01v2rvt4lluqgv01naqrj10id4m4l@4ax.com...
> Following the links, it looks like
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829418
> needs to be uninstalled.
>

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:34:49 -0600, "FastEddie"
> <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote:
>
>>We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
>>the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
>>adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the
>>consistency
>>adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange
>>5.5
>>has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the
>>consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>>
>>This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster
>>as
>>read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>>
>>The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
>>uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup .
>>What
>>is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it replaces?
>>list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of: 821543, 829436,
>>Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the first one
>>listed
>>of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
news
1/25/2005 2:15:04 AM
I think you're right.  829148 at one point in time was an Exchange KB; now
it's a Picture It! KB.  If you try to install 841765 and it complaints
again, then it wasn't, right? :-) But I think you're right!

newsgroup purposes only."

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message
> We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move
> the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency
> adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the
> consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects.
> Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix
> for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1.
>
> This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster
> as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489
>
> The rollup states that the previous May 2004 Update Rollup package must be
> uninstalled before you install the rereleased Nov 2004 Update Rollup .
> What is the package that I need to uninstall. Is it the one that it
> replaces?  I list hotfix KB829148, KB833317 and Exchange Updates of:
> 821543, 829436, Q282533, Q289258, Q304062 and Q326322. I beleive it is the
> first one listed of KB829148 but I'm not sure.

0
mencina (41)

Folder List View Save?
Using Outlook 2003 on Win 2k Server. I prefer to use the Folder List view for my Personal Folders. I'm having a problem with Outlook remembering which folders were expanded when I close and later reopen Outlook. For example, if I have this folder hierarchy under Personal Folders: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C ---C1 ---C2 ---C3 D Let's say that I don't want to take up the screen space to show the subfolders under "C". I collapse that folder, and it now looks like this: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C D I then exit Outlook, shut the PC off and go home. The next day, I start every...

How do I size a Word Document to 5 x 8 inches?
I'm trying to size a document in Word to fit book or pamphlet that is 5 x 8. But I'm having a terrible time. Is there a way to size a document in Word to this size? I have Word 2003. From the File Menu, select Page Setup and then go to the Paper tab and via the Paper size pulldown, select Custom and then insert the size of your sheet. Note however, that some printers have difficulty with "Custom Sized" paper and it may be necessary to use a standard size sheet in Word (8.5 x 11) and adjust the margins so that the print area coincides with the area on whic...

Retrieving Personal Folders
A friend lost all her outlook information, including contacts and the folders she had set up to sort her email. I was able to restore the contacts and the inbox email but cannot locate and restore the personal folders and their contents. When I asked her what happened she said "I think I responded 'yes' to something when it asked me if I wanted to move my folders." :-) Anyway, any help on how to find her missing folders and import them to her Outlook program would be appreciated. She is running Outlook 2000 and WinXP (not sure if Pro or Home). Thank you. Your questio...

Moving Shapes
When I try to move shapes to a very explicit location, they often "jump" to some other spot close by as if snapping to a grid. For example, if I have a shape selected and press the left arrow key, it moves multiple pixels away (up -and- left). I've tried to be sure I've got "Snap to grid" turned off in every possible place but so far it has eluded me. Help! Have you tried holding the "shift key" down and using the arrow keys to refine the position? -- jeff_neronha@hotmail.com "anth" <pleasedont@spamme.org> wrote in message news...

moving mailboxes between sites
Is there a way to move mailboxes between sites? We have a few eployees that have transferred and we need to move them to a different server in a different site. We have been creating a PST file and then deleting their account, re-creating it on the new server and then importing their PST file. This is pretty time consuming. We can move mailboxes between two servers in the same site, so is there a way to do it to servers in a different site? Currently, the way you're doing it is the way it's done. When you upgrade to 2003, that restriction goes away since there are no more E...

Moving Exchange from a Child Domain to Parent Domain
Hello all, A while back we took the fast track to Exchange 2003 deployment, we deployed a Child Native Mode Domain, to hold the Distribution/Universal Security Groups, and installed Exchange 2003 on a member server in the PARENT Domain, The child domain also allowed us to slowly upgrade the rest of our infrastructure from older NT 4 domain controllers, we will soon have all domain controllers windows 2003, and will be changing the domain functional level. I've been having trouble finding documentation that will help me remove the CHILD Domain, and migrate my Distribution/Security g...

Trying to do mass update on label field in MS POS 2.0
I am trying to do a mass update on all of our items to make the labels be code 128. I am doing this so that we can print new shelf tags with the bar code on them. I am trying to make sense of the database and not having much luck. Can anyone tell me the table name and column name to do this? This is the field that appears on items in the option tab under label and bar code type. There is a drop down box that allows you to select the type of bar code. My goal is to do this in a SQL statement instead of opening up each of our 1500 items and choosing this manually. Thanks Patrick Patrick,...

MONEY 2004 #83
Hi, I'd like to know how to turn off transaction matching permanently. Is it possible to do this? This is a very annoying feature if you're not involved in some kind of sophisticated financial environment. All I want to do is to import my data and then this bloody feature begins to match previous historical data, blah-blah-blah. Oiiiiiii, simplicity seems to be an after-thought with these things!!!!!! AJ Simplicity is in the eyes of the beholder. I never download transaction data and avoid your issue entirely. "AIANDAS" <Aiandas@OpouTheleis.org> wrote in messa...

2008: importing 2004 rules + database daemon
I just read further troubling news on Macfixit. They report that Entourage 2008 does not import Entourage 2004 Rules. I have probably over 100 rules, that is a major problem. Can anyone confirm this? Also, it appears there is no way to disable the Office notifications in 2008. Is this true? I hope MS will address these problems. I'd like to upgrade for the speed on my intel laptop, but so far it seems there are just too many problems. -- --Loren On 3/14/08 5:11 PM, in article 140320082011095607%loren@nonono2spam.com, "Loren" <loren@nonono2spam.com> wrote: > I ...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

MS Publisher 2003 wont let me send publication in email message.
I'm trying to send a document in the body of an email but all the tutorials I've tried aren't working. I've changed to TIFF, and pdf both unsuccessfully. I would just like to find a way to get to <File><Send email><Send E-Mail as Message>, instead of <Send E-mail as Attachment>. Any help is great Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033 Attaching the publication as a PDF is usually the easiest and best way. DavidF ...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL?? #2
I have several calendars in public folders that I would like to get listed in the GAL. My goal is to leave them in public folders, AND list them in the GAL so that users can invite them as resources when creating meetings. Is this possible? Thanks in advance!!!!! Have you mail-enabled the Public Folder? Once you do that, it should show up in the GAL. That aside, you can invite the PF's as resources all you want, but you will never be able to see Free/Busy information, and the PF's will not be able to accept meeting requests. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Bigfoot moe.ron&...

downloading or exporting folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook 2000
Is there any way to export my email folders from Yahoo mail to Outlook2000? Thanks for your help. Dianne NO. ...

Upgrade PS2007 from SP1 to current updates
What is the best way to update our PS2007 installation (currently on SP1) with the latest cumulative updates? Can we just install the latest update from Dec 2009 in a test environmnet or is it necessary to install other PS updates first? RQ Hi RQ, you need to install SP2 first. After that you can apply CU December. Cumulative always means since latest Service Pack. Regards Barbara "RQ" wrote: > What is the best way to update our PS2007 installation (currently on SP1) > with the latest cumulative updates? Can we just install the latest update >...

updates wont install get error message 643 & 636
how do I install them stella wrote: > how do I install them Which updates (listed by KB######)? What Operating System? What Service Pack level is your Operating System? What architecture is your Operating System (32-bit or 64-bit?) What antivirus software do you utilize? What firewall software do you utilize? What antispyware software do you utilize? What is your backup plan like (backups of your important data to external media)? What have you tried in order to resolve your issue so far? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://...

Exchange Public folder Limits Problem
i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits, but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and force the updates.. Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied? thanks, michael ...

getting updated info from pivot tables
Hi everyone, I created a pivot table with months as column and sum of clients an sum of members as rows. I take the last month and Grand total number to another table I use for reporting. Is there a formula that I ca use to tell the table to get the last month (grand total - 1) and gran total numbers so when I update the pivot I dont have to change the othe table all the time. Thanks for the help, Marco -- marksuz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=265 View this ...

Updater through Remote XML: Advice #2
I am implementing a very simple check routine that goes to my website and reads an XML file. The XML file basically contains all info for my apps and their current status. All I need to do is just read the version node and compare it to the current node and then advise the user to visit the website for the new version. Ive looked at ClickOnce and other methods but I would like to implement something simpler. Anyway, has anyone done this before? My XML will look something like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Apps> <App id="0001"...

Upgrading from Office 2004 to 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I only use Word,Excel and Power Point in my current Office 2004. I only have one excel macro that I would like to reuse. I have just purchased the 2008 Office box with 3 installation keys. I would like to 1st upgrade my G4 PowerPC running 10.5.8 to Office 2008. After my G4 is up and running, I would like to upgrade my wife's iMac (10.6.2) Intel Core 2 Duo from Office 2004 to Office 2008. <br> Is there a bullet proof step by step outline for upgrading available? Do I 1st go to my 2004 Office &quot;R...

How do I return to prior cell?
After I have traced a formula using Ctrl+[, what is the keyboard shortcut to return to the same cell where I traced the formula? Thank you! Press Ctrl+] Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "NYC18" wrote: > After I have traced a formula using Ctrl+[, what is the keyboard shortcut to > return to the same cell where I traced the formula? > > Thank you! Thank you, but I can only get Ctrl+] to work if all the referenced cells are within one worksheet. If I am writing formulas usi...

MM 2004
I have noticed the past few times I have tried to get updates, I get the following error: Money encountered an error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI'). Any ideas??? Chris Chris, I was encountering the same error and followed these steps to correct it. 1. Open Control Panel. 2. Open Internet Options. 3. Click on "Delete Files..." (Temporary Internet Files). 4. Click on "Delete Cookies..." (although I'm pretty sure this step isn't required) 5. Open and close Microsoft Money again...the error should be gone. You can also access the I...

Change public folders
I setup HMC 3.5 and created a new public folder store for hosted accounts. Every account i setup gets an error on send about the offline address book, error no. 0x8004010F I believe this is caused because the organizations are using the hosted folder store, not the default public store. Looking through system manager, all of the folders seem to be created in the Public folder store but the HMC ResourceManagerWebClient/QueryResources.aspx displays the organizations under the Hosted Public Store. How do i move the organizations between the two folder stores? TIA, Moe myarmush at real-war...

Adding a Crystal Report to the RMS reports folder
I can create a Crystal Report for the RMS but when I try to veiw the report I get a error message. What are the steps I need to follow to add the report to RMS so the user can view it Hi..richuscav, You have to make <reportname>.def file along with <reportname>.rpt file and put it in CrystalReport directory of store operations. You can have a reference of dafault DEF files in that directory. If the DEF file is correct you will get the report in Manager. I think this subject is already discussed in this forum,,so search for it. Good luck, CP.Dinesh Jumbo Electronics Co.LLC...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #5
The Template Wizard is not part of excel 2003 and I can't find it on Microsoft's web site as an add in. Is it still available? If not, how can I recreate it? Thanks. ...