***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)

I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days.  Recipient Policy
will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD
emails.  Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had
a check box for UNREAD emails.  Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or
is there 3rd party app that will do this?

Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!!

James
jdduong@comcast.net

0
JDDuong (3)

when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in
days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for
which the policy applies to, but you can't check only unread messages. This
can only be done client-sided with outlook.
Are you sure exchange 5.5 had this option ??
What can be the reason to delete all unread messages older than 90 days of
ALL of your users ???

"JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:

> I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days.  Recipient Policy
> will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD
> emails.  Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had
> a check box for UNREAD emails.  Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or
> is there 3rd party app that will do this?
>
> Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!!
>
> James
> jdduong@comcast.net

0
Twin (12)
3/31/2005 6:59:06 AM
Absolutely!  I use to use it all the time when we had Exchange 5.5 a couple
of years back.

I am an administrator for a small college and a large handful of our
student's mailboxes are seldom used.  We want to limit the size of the
mailbox (and thus the growth information store) be continually deleting
unread emails.

Please let me know if you find a tool that will achieve this goal.  Thanks.

James

"twin" <twin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age
> in
> days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder
> for
> which the policy applies to, but you can't check only unread messages.
> This
> can only be done client-sided with outlook.
> Are you sure exchange 5.5 had this option ??
> What can be the reason to delete all unread messages older than 90 days of
> ALL of your users ???
>

> "JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:
>
>> I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days.  Recipient
>> Policy
>> will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD
>> emails.  Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called)
>> had
>> a check box for UNREAD emails.  Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003,
>> or
>> is there 3rd party app that will do this?
>>
>> Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!!
>>
>> James
>> jdduong@comcast.net

0
JDDuong (3)
3/31/2005 7:07:13 AM
to limit the size of the mailboxes you can generally set this in System
manager in the properties of the mailbox-store. i would do this in
combination of using mailbox manager to delete old messages (read or unread).
i don't know any other way to manage unread messages only, sorry.

"JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:

> Absolutely!  I use to use it all the time when we had Exchange 5.5 a couple
> of years back.
>
> I am an administrator for a small college and a large handful of our
> student's mailboxes are seldom used.  We want to limit the size of the
> mailbox (and thus the growth information store) be continually deleting
> unread emails.
>
> Please let me know if you find a tool that will achieve this goal.  Thanks.
>
> James
>

> "twin" <twin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age
> > in
> > days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder
> > for
> > which the policy applies to, but you can't check only unread messages.
> > This
> > can only be done client-sided with outlook.
> > Are you sure exchange 5.5 had this option ??
> > What can be the reason to delete all unread messages older than 90 days of
> > ALL of your users ???
> >

> > "JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:
> >
> >> I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days.  Recipient
> >> Policy
> >> will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD
> >> emails.  Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called)
> >> had
> >> a check box for UNREAD emails.  Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003,
> >> or
> >> is there 3rd party app that will do this?
> >>
> >> Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!!
> >>
> >> James
> >> jdduong@comcast.net

0
Twin (12)
3/31/2005 7:23:02 AM
i've ran this, and selected generate report, but where do this reports =
goes to?

it says it send an administrative report, but i don't find any mail in =
any of my exchange administrators...

> to limit the size of the mailboxes you can generally set this in =
System=20
> manager in the properties of the mailbox-store. i would do this in=20
> combination of using mailbox manager to delete old messages (read or =
unread).
> i don't know any other way to manage unread messages only, sorry.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> "JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:
>=20
> > Absolutely!  I use to use it all the time when we had Exchange 5.5 a =
couple=20
> > of years back.
> >=20
> > I am an administrator for a small college and a large handful of our =

> > student's mailboxes are seldom used.  We want to limit the size of =
the=20
> > mailbox (and thus the growth information store) be continually =
deleting=20
> > unread emails.
> >=20
> > Please let me know if you find a tool that will achieve this goal.  =
Thanks.
> >=20
> > James
> >=20
> >=20
> > "twin" <twin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
> > > when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set =
the age=20
> > > in
> > > days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected =
folder=20
> > > for
> > > which the policy applies to, but you can't check only unread =
messages.=20
> > > This
> > > can only be done client-sided with outlook.
> > > Are you sure exchange 5.5 had this option ??
> > > What can be the reason to delete all unread messages older than 90 =
days of
> > > ALL of your users ???

Recipient=20
UNREAD
Exchange 2003,=20

> >=20
> >=20

0
glovato (54)
4/1/2005 1:24:04 PM
In System Manager, properties of your Server on the Mailbox-Manager-Tab you
must set the mailbox to which the reports are send to. I've set my own
mailbox there and i'm getting a mail every time the mm-policy has run.

"Guillermo Lovato" schrieb:

> i've ran this, and selected generate report, but where do this reports goes to?
>
> it says it send an administrative report, but i don't find any mail in any of my exchange administrators...
>
> "twin" <twin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52098045-5B96-45EF-BA60-4CCEE16EED4E@microsoft.com...
> > to limit the size of the mailboxes you can generally set this in System
> > manager in the properties of the mailbox-store. i would do this in
> > combination of using mailbox manager to delete old messages (read or unread).
> > i don't know any other way to manage unread messages only, sorry.
> >

> > "JDDuong@comcast.net" schrieb:
> >
> > > Absolutely!  I use to use it all the time when we had Exchange 5.5 a couple
> > > of years back.
> > >
> > > I am an administrator for a small college and a large handful of our
> > > student's mailboxes are seldom used.  We want to limit the size of the
> > > mailbox (and thus the growth information store) be continually deleting
> > > unread emails.
> > >
> > > Please let me know if you find a tool that will achieve this goal.  Thanks.
> > >
> > > James
> > >

> > > "twin" <twin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Twin (12)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Exchange update problem

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

hyperlinking email addresses

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Planned Open Market Days

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Exchange 2007 across account search

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

This formula doesn't work: = day(today())
This formula doesn't work: = day(today()) Except from spreading one formula into 2, is it possible to make it workable in 1 formula? If so, how? -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP ���H����O�D�`����. �p��������B, ���Ѫ̤��[�祿!! My ability is very limited. Hope you will not mind to enlighten me if I do wrongly. What doesn't work? For today (7 May 2004) =DAY(TODAY()) returns 7. In article <eYuAXhDNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote: > This formula doesn't work: = day...

Incoming email slow to come in

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...