-1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size

I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode
only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this
error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	NTDS SDPROP
Event Category:	Internal Processing
Event ID:	2008
Date:		28/07/2004
Time:		6:38:04 PM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Computer:	TLSAD1
Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task
encountered an error while processing the following
object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be
possible until the problem is corrected.

Object:
CN=internal 29176338,CN=Microsoft Exchange System
Objects,DC=volnate,DC=local

Additional Data
Error value:
-1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
Internal ID:
20903d5

RUS is appending thousands of ProxyAddresses (some not
all) to new mail enabled Public Folders and Mailboxes. I
have found reference to this problem in KB 816508 however
this was W2k, E2k and was resolved with a service pack.

I am able to use adsiedit.msc to remove proxy addresses
and deleted orphaned objects and if I mail disable, then
renable this object this problem is rectified.

I believe this is a bug with the product and would like to
know if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Thanks,
Evelyn

I too am seeing these errors every 30 minutes in Event Viewer.
Platform is 2003 server mixed mode with exchange 2003. was migrate
from nt4 /exchange 5.5
I have been searching for any clues. Can you give me more detail as t
how you rectified these issues?

Evelyn wrote:
> *I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode
> only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this
> error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs.
>
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	NTDS SDPROP
> Event Category:	Internal Processing
> Event ID:	2008
> Date:		28/07/2004
> Time:		6:38:04 PM
> User:		NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
> Computer:	TLSAD1
> Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task
> encountered an error while processing the following
> object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be
> possible until the problem is corrected.
>
> Object:
> CN=internal 29176338,CN=Microsoft Exchange System
> Objects,DC=volnate,DC=local
>
> Additional Data
> Error value:
> -1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
> Internal ID:
> 20903d5

> RUS is appending thousands of ProxyAddresses (some not
> all) to new mail enabled Public Folders and Mailboxes. I
> have found reference to this problem in KB 816508 however
> this was W2k, E2k and was resolved with a service pack.
>

> I am able to use adsiedit.msc to remove proxy addresses
> and deleted orphaned objects and if I mail disable, then
> renable this object this problem is rectified.
>
> I believe this is a bug with the product and would like to
> know if anyone else has experienced this problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Evelyn

-
Curtis

Any possibility of calling MS PSS?

CurtisT wrote:

> I too am seeing these errors every 30 minutes in Event Viewer.
> Platform is 2003 server mixed mode with exchange 2003. was migrated
> from nt4 /exchange 5.5
> I have been searching for any clues. Can you give me more detail as to
> how you rectified these issues?
>
> Evelyn wrote:
> > *I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode
> > only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this
> > error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs.
> >
> > Event Type:   Error
> > Event Source: NTDS SDPROP
> > Event Category:       Internal Processing
> > Event ID:     2008
> > Date:         28/07/2004
> > Time:         6:38:04 PM
> > User:         NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
> > Computer:     TLSAD1
> > Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task
> > encountered an error while processing the following
> > object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be
> > possible until the problem is corrected.
> >
> > Object:
> > CN=internal 29176338,CN=Microsoft Exchange System
> > Objects,DC=volnate,DC=local
> >
> > Additional Data
> > Error value:
> > -1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
> > Internal ID:
> > 20903d5

> > RUS is appending thousands of ProxyAddresses (some not
> > all) to new mail enabled Public Folders and Mailboxes. I
> > have found reference to this problem in KB 816508 however
> > this was W2k, E2k and was resolved with a service pack.
> >

> > I am able to use adsiedit.msc to remove proxy addresses
> > and deleted orphaned objects and if I mail disable, then
> > renable this object this problem is rectified.
> >
> > I believe this is a bug with the product and would like to
> > know if anyone else has experienced this problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Evelyn *
>
> --
> CurtisT

kpalagin (1838)

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

My prints are to small.What can i do to make them larger?
I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you offer some kind of help. Change the font size instead of your zoom percentage. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gopazz1" <gopazz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A2484AA-4C38-4B1A-B75E-C61022909992@microsoft.com... >I can enlargen text on screen , but when i print it prints small.Can you > offer some kind of help. > ...

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Record Macro Relative does not work?
Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell, then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size (8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can this kind of macro be done? To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is visible, it has 2 icons, one is to s...

Error when no records meet criteria
Hi, I have the following code and receive error 1004 Application defined or object defined error on this line Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RIGHT(D2)<>""r"",B2=4)" Selection.FormatConditions(3).Interior.ColorIndex = 7 because there are no records in this instance of the report for "4" in ColB. I've searched and applied code all to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to write code for when this may occur in any of the situations below? Range("b2:b800").Select ...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

Finding maximum value
Hello, I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the negative and positive part of the value. Basically, the maximum difference from zero. Example: the maximum value I am looking for will be -0.467. -0.467 0.345 -0.253 0.411 Thanks Ruan One way (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(A1:A4,MATCH(MAX(ABS(A1:A4)),ABS(A1:A4),FALSE)) In article <OGKhnF1KEHA.2100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to find the maximum value in a column, but I want to ignore the > negati...

"You are over the size limit allowed on the server"
We have an Exchange 2003 server with IMF implemented. Our users are primarily using Outlook Web Clients. A couple months back, several of our users started being unable to manage their Junk Email lists. Some were unable to even turn it on and off through Options, but all were getting this error, at various stages: "An error occurred processing your Junk Email lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator" None of these users has more than 10-12 blocked senders in their entire list. I have doubled the default amount of space each u...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

copy record between tables
Hi, I have two tables with same structure. I need to copy a record from oneto other using vba codes. I'd like avoid to copy field to field.Thank you. Without knowing anything about your table structures, something similar to the following:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "INSERT INTO tblCopy SELECT tblOriginal.* " _ & "FROM tblOriginal WHERE tblOriginal.KeyValue = 4"CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL"Alberto" <saveas[at]iol.it> wrote in message news:uk2oUMBYHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi,> I have two tables with same structure....

Defaul size for logo2.gif in OWA
Can someone tell me what the default size is? I am trying to customize my OWA page with the company branding and I have replaced all the logo's before I made sure they are the same size. Thanks in advance! Er - the size of the gif file shouldn't matter. If the one you put in is larger, it would simply increase the traffic for OWA (though not by much). Anyways, since you asked, the size of this file on my server is 4KB. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mike" <Mike@dis...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

Highlight a selected record
I am trying to highlight a selected record of a continuous form. Conditional Formatting is not working because it highlights individual fields. If Conditional Formatting would highlight the entire row, it would be perfect. I created a txtBackground text box to size of all my fields, sent it the back—behind the fields. Use the txtBackground as the control, but when it has focus it covers the data. Below is the code I used: Sub HighlightControl(ctl As Control) On Error Resume Next ctl.BackColor = 65535 End Sub Sub UnhighlightControl(ctl As...

Record data on two lines
Sorry about repeating the post but I think I messed up the first one yeaterday! I am receiving a spreadsheet from an agency with record information on two lines. Example: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, A2, B2, C2 Line 3 blank Record 2: A4, B4, C4, D4, A5, B5, C5 There are over 100 records like this. They claim they can't fix it... It originates from a Crystal Report. How can I change the data so each record is on one line: Record 1: A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1 Record 2: A2, B2, .......................G2 Thanks for any help! Dan A simple way is to 1) select all of the data fields. 2) Cli...

Show related records for custom entity
I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change this? Thanks, -Rick M On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:33:49 -0800, Rick M <RickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a custom entity. When I go to History I can not see the related >records from contacts, opportunities, etc. They are not rolling up and there >is no pick list to show related records or not. Is there a way to change >this? > As...

Chunk size increase in CRichEditView again
I am trying to set data in a CRichEditView. I am using StreamIn but it is too slow when I copy the data. What ways are there to insert data? My code: typedef struct tagWRITERICHEDITINFO { const CByteArray * pData; int nBytesWritten; } WRITERICHEDITINFO, FAR * LPWRITERICHEDITINFO; DWORD CALLBACK CMyTextView::RichEditWriteCallback(DWORD_PTR dwCookie, LPBYTE pbBuff, LONG cb, LONG * pcb) { LPWRITERICHEDITINFO pWriteInfo = (LPWRITERICHEDITINFO)dwCookie; int nTotalBytes = pWriteInfo->pData->GetSize(); int nBytesToWrite = nTotalBytes - pWriteInfo->nBytesWritten; nBytesToWrite = ...

Can MSCRM 4 handle millions of records (Product)?
Hi, We are in the middle of evaluating MSCRM 4 for a hypermarket. The objective is to load all the warehouse inventory into the Product entity, which are having approximately 6~7 millions of products (including sellable parts and etc.). This information will be available to the VIP card holders (Contact), as well as building royalty progammes and campaign management. Some selected Products will be available for ordering via a Portal (custom build), and the information will be updated to MSCRM as well. So, we need to know that whether MSCRM is a feasible solution for this kind of requi...