zeros #2

Hi
I have several fields that are linked to a worksheet in another file.  The
cell in the other worksheet is blank, but puts a zero in the current
worksheet.  I have tried formatting (does'nt work) , I have tried options and
cleared the zero check box.  Any suggestions about what I could do to get rid
of the zeros would be a BIG help.

--
thank you mac
0

Instead of using something like:
=Sheet1!A1
use:
=IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1)

--
Gary's Student

"mac" wrote:

> Hi
> I have several fields that are linked to a worksheet in another file.  The
> cell in the other worksheet is blank, but puts a zero in the current
> worksheet.  I have tried formatting (does'nt work) , I have tried options and
> cleared the zero check box.  Any suggestions about what I could do to get rid
> of the zeros would be a BIG help.
>
> --
> thank you mac
0
GarysStudent (1572)
2/8/2006 5:24:29 PM
You can add a check:
=IF([book2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1="","",[book2.xls]Sheet1!$A$1)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Rollup 2
I am looking at completing Rollup 2 for CRM. Based on the documentation, it looks like we need to install the Daylight Savings Time update. Is this required before the rollup, after the rollup, or at all? According to this blog entry, the DST update is included as part of the rollup: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/05/23/microsoft-crm-3-0-update-rollup-2-status-update-and-a-little-q-a.aspx Question: Is the Daylight Saving Time fix and Update Time Zones Wizard included in Update Rollup 2? Should I run the Time Zones Wizard? Answer: Yes, and Yes. The Daylight Saving Time re...

need 2 sets of cantacts
I need two contact list. One list of personal (family email contacts) and one for my business contacts. I send out emails to all my busness contacts once a month and it would be easier if they were seperate lists. Can this be done? I was able to do it with OutLook Express before I switched to this one. I don't know what "this one" means. But, if you mean Outlook or anything except Dynamics GP, an accounting system, you're in the wrong place. -- Charles Allen, MVP "RDaniels" wrote: > I need two contact list. One list of personal (family email cont...

using outlook on 2 differnt computers
My business associate and I have shared the same computer to respond and manage emails sent by clients to ONE specific email address. We are using Outlook 2003. This weekend I bought a new computer so we can both manage the emails at the same time. How do I set this up so emails she has sent appear on my computer and emails I have sent appear on hers? I also need to know which emails she has responded to (much like the little purple icon you see in the message view). We receive 50-75 emails daily and send up to 200 emails daily. Thanks, Todd toddred <toddred123@yahoo.com> wrote: &g...

error in formula #2
Using Excel 2007 and working on a xls file I am trying to count the occurrences of a certain value (in this case "1940 Census") in a column. I tried to follow the example in the XL Help and used this formula: =SUM(IF((L2:L303="1940 Census"),1,0)) but the result I get is #VALUE! and the error info says "a value used in the formula is the wrong type" The column L2-L303 contains either blank cells, or "1940 Census", or just words like "immigration", "History", etc. Can someone suggest how I should correct this formula? I also wan...

linking data #2
I need to fill a table on one sheet with data from another sheet. The data is the sum of totals from a range of sub-tables. What I require is a function that will sequentially fill a colum on one sheet by gathering every 15th value from the data column on another sheet. Thanks This will pick up A1, A16, A31, A46, ... =INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROW()-1)*15+1) Dragged down. But this would seem pretty dangerous to me. If you insert/delete rows, won't everything go south pretty fast? Since you're working with subtotals, maybe using data|pivottable would be better. If you want to read mor...

Scheduled Duration Hours #2
Hi I have posted a few questions around this issue. I am trying to use Jscript to change the scheduled duration from minutes to hours. I received quite a bit of assistance from Matt Witteman who suggested I try the following script: function OnScheduledDurationMinutesChange() { var actualDurationMinutesField = crmForm.all.actualdurationminutes; var actualDurationMinutes = (actualDurationMinutesField.DataValue == null) ? 0 : parseFloat(actualDurationMinutesField.DataValue); var hrs = (actualDurationMinutes/60); { crmForm.all.new_mycustomfield.DataValue = hrs; } } crmForm.all.scheduleddur...

Zero counts go AWOL
Hi, I have table with just two text fields. These fields are named TestType and Result. TestType contains the word Routine along with a number such as Routine 1, Routine 2 etc. Result contains one of either Success, Failure, Pending or Invalid. I am trying to get a count Success and Failure combined (a valid test in my parlance), a count of Invalids and a count of Pending. This is required for each TestType ie number of valid tests for Routine 1 would count the number of successes and failures for that TestType. I am currently attempting to do this by a query that first asks what Routine...

Thanks #2
Thanks for your comments and suggestion. I do appreciate it. David ...

2 HQ dongol in one server
Is possiple if need connect tow HQ dongole for tow database on one server. I want open tow company by RMS and one partener tell me I can open tow database by One dongole and another on say no I need tow dongole for tow database. what the good way to open this tow company on RMS. Thanks for Help M .I.Own You can not have two hardware keys / dongles on one box. The rainbow drier that reads the licensing information is only smart enough to look at one port. I reccomend putting your HQ dongle on the server, and the SO dongle on the machine that accesses POS first each day. Hope this he...

Annual Percentage Rate #2
I would like figure the amount of interest on a loan The information I have is.. loan amount 97500 Interest rate 6.0% 30 year or 360 months any suggestions? Check out the CUMIPMT function in Help: it calculates the amount of interest involved in a typical mortgage-type loan. (Caution: you may be very surprised at the number!) The PMT function will calculate your monthly payment, just FYI, but it does not include things like taxes and insurance. For the interest paid in a period, have a look at the IPMT function. For the interest paid between two periods, have a look at the CUMIPMT func...

how do i make pie chart ignore data labels where value is zero?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a pie chart tracking the amount of time spent in a day. I have lots of possible categories and i certainly don't use them all each day, and the chart shows a bunch of overlapping labels in between slices if their value is zero. Does anyone know how to make the chart exclude these labels? <br><br>Thanks in advance! On 4/7/10 1:02 PM, Steppenwolf@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I have a pie chart tracking t...

how to store values in a 2 dimensional array
i want to store Sheet name and its corresponding password in a 2 dimension array . hope anyone can provide a code snippet for storing sheet name and its corresponding password and also code for popping out values from an array . i am newbie to vba . providin code wil be really helpful . i need something like i need to store the values in this fashion Array(0) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value Array(1) ----- > should contain sheetname and its password value while popping out i shuld put the values in 2 variables . sheet name in Variable 1 its corresp...

charting non-contiguous data #2
Hi all, Can someone tell me how to add non-contiguous data to a chart. My data is in B21, G21, L21........IR21. Ideally, the chart would auto-update to include data as it is entered on a weekly basis. Thanks! Running out of weeks, since the last day goes into IV21. Ideally, you would set up a contiguous chart data range in another sheet, or in another part of this sheet, which links to the discontiguous data. The problem is that the individual cells of your chart data are stored as a sheet name and cell address in the series formula, taking a dozen or more characters per cell, and you...

Publisher Reader #2
Does anyone supply a read-only version of Publisher? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk No, but you can download the trial, when the trial expires it seems to become a viewer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/FX100487821033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mr John ...

save text field w/ leading zeros in .csv format & not lose zeros?
I currently have a csv file with a field that has one digit numbers. I need to create a text field and convert the one digit number to two digit text by adding a leading zero. I have tried using the concatenate function to add the leading zero, but when I close the csv file, it reverts back to one digit. How can I get the file to save the field as text and include the leading zero? Check your CSV file in Notepad, not in Excel. Excel will frequently convert your text representation of a number into a number, even though it likely was written out to disk with the leading zero "...

Visual Basic Code #2
Hi, I am trying to write some visual basic code behind a macro and I want it to do the following. 1) Select the whole of coloum C 2) Activate the find box as in (CTRL + F) Alternativly some code so that I could enter something in cell A1 then click the macro and it would search coloumn C for the value that is in cell A1. Many thanks, Glenn If you search VBA Help for: FindMethod you'll see some examples. Meanwhile....Here's something to get you started: Sub UseFind() Dim vResult Dim sht As Worksheet Set sht = ActiveSheet With sht Set vResult = .Range("C:C") _ ...

Access violation #2
I get an access violation when running the PostThreadMessage in the code below: void CXXXDlg::OnListenButton() { if(m_ThreadRecvSocket == 0) return; m_ThreadRecvSocket->PostThreadMessage(WM_CLOSE_SOCKET, 0, 0); } This however works just fine, BOOL CXXXDlg::OnInitDialog() { // code m_ThreadRecvSocket->PostThreadMessage(WM_CLOSE_SOCKET, 0, 0); return true; } So why do I get an access violation in OnInitDialog and not on OnListenButton ? "John Nash" <laasunde@<remove>online.no> wrote: >I get an access violation when running the PostThreadMess...

Stock Count Form
Does anyone know if you can modify the Stock Count Form so that it does not print stock where GP thinks there is none on hand. We would like to save a few trees... I would think you would be able to go into the report itself and just add a restriction right from the Report Definition and pressing the Restriction button. Enter in the restriction as QTY > 0 or possibly QTY <> 0. Use the correct table/field of course here for whatever the control table for the report is. That'll suppress your 0 lines. The only thing is if you do this, what if GP thinks you have 0 for Item X...

Event ID: 3031 Logged #2
Hi All, When trying to setup mobile devices (Treo 650, UTStarCom PPC6700) to sync directly with my new Exchange 2003SP2 server, I'm getting a failure on the devices and a error being logged on the server Event Source: Server ActiveSync EventID: 3031 Description: The mailbox server ...does not allow "Negotiate" authentication to its [exchange] virutal directory. I've followed KB817379 and scrolling down to the Event 3 listed under the Exchange 2003 header, it says that this is a problem with the exchange virtual directory requires SSL. I went into IIS and went throug...

Offline Address Book Error #2

Multiple Calenders in Outlook Today #2
I am playing with having multiple calendar folders (e.g., personal and business) so that I can print the personal calender with family events and hang it on my icebox. Works fine except that Outlook Today only shows events from a single calendar. Is there any way that OL Today can merge the events from more than one calendar? ...

formula to search and find item sheet1 copy to sheet 2
i need to find an item in a colunm on sheet1 and auto copy that items row of info to sheet2. sheet1 changes with each import of data as to where "wings" may be on line 27 one time and move to 29 on the next import. so i need to search colunm B for "wings", when "wings" is found copy that row of info to sheet2 to create a list on sheet2.the formula will need to be adjustable per line, where as i can just change the item "wings" to "burgers" then insert the formula into line 2 sheet2.this will allow sheet2 to locate "burgers" on sheet1 ...

counting #2
I would like to show the number of 1's, M's, A's and blank cells in a column, can anyone help. Alan have a look in the help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "fomula problems" <fomulaproblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBE38035-C806-4EE7-8AE6-B2717BF46877@microsoft.com... >I would like to show the number of 1's, M's, A's and blank cells in a >column, > can anyone help. > Alan ="1's="&COUNTIF(A:A,1)&CHAR(10)&"M's="&COUNTIF(A:A...

Money 04 #2
I try to import a quicken file, but after I go through the conversion process, I can see the account but no balances or data. TIA ...

zeroing-out quantities at a site
Hello: A few months back, a client entered quantities at "bogus" lot numbers that he gave such names to as "00". He wants to "zero-out" these quantities so that, in effect, these lot numbers are not used anymore. You see, he has had us import quantities for items at other "correct" lot numbers and keeping quantities at these bogus lot numbers such as "00" inflates the items' quantities. I tried creating decrease adjustment transactions at such lots as "00". But, GP would only allow a decrease of so many. That's beca...