you cannot save to this file format when the VBA project is protected

Urgent !!
How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
users go into the project and modify your programs.
It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
unless you unprotect your project coding ?
Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:07:08 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
workbook as often as I like.

If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.

You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.

"jchan via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
7/16/2006 2:42:16 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is jus
> like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not wan
> the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved an
> more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

See if there is any information here that will help you.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826

--
Desert Piranh

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56180

Thanks for your quick response.
I do not recall what happen,may be I hit some button that even realized.  I
am a very experienced  in Macros coding and delivered a lot of this templates
to many users in  the global organization.
This is the first time that happen to me. Some other templates that I
developed do not have this happen.
Do you  knwo what is the  MicroSoft VBA help desk Email address that I can
send these issues to and ask for solution.
Again, thank you !
Jchan

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:58:29 AM
Desert,
Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
Your suggestion is great.
I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed the
solution.
You know what, it works.
Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
jchan

Below are the steps :

Hi all,
Thx Lucas for your comeback. No its not with all files.

I may have hit on the answer. DRJ mentioned it. I was up real late last night
going through everything looking for an ilregularity, as this is a very
important file.

I have excel set to default save as "Microsoft Excel Workbook(*.xls)". But i
went to try to save the file as a different name and i noticed it was going
to save as
"Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook(*.xls)".

Even though they are both .xls they are different formats i think. I don't
know what the difference is, but i'm sure you guys know.

I saved as the first one, and have played with the file for a while, and at
this point it seems to be ok.

I have no idea how the file got saved as the second one.

My issue seems to be solved.

Thx to all for sharing your knowledge.

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> --
>
>See if there is any information here that will help you.
>
>http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826
>
>--
>Desert Piranh

jchan
7/16/2006 4:10:53 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Desert,
> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
> Your suggestion is great.
> I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed
> the
> solution.
> You know what, it works.
> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
> jchanHi jchan,

I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561801

Desert,
Again, thank you and admire your devotion on sharing knowledge with others.
good nite, Hope things go well for you and your family.
jchan

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Desert,
>> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
>> jchanHi jchan,
>
>I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

jchan
7/16/2006 4:33:16 AM
Dave,
I found the solution from vbaexpress.com
Thanks for your help!
jchan
Please read below :

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

VBA Form Combo Box question.
Help !!! I know this is most likely a simple question, but I'm stuck :( I not to populate a Combo box in an Excel spread sheet I just enter the location in the ListFillRange (EmpData!A1:A100). But I got creative and tryed making a Userform with VBA. Now I'm lost :( In VBA the combo box doesn't have a ListFillRange.... One place I read to enter the location in the ControlSource field, but it doesn't take the information. It keeps giving me an error message. Can anyone Help Please? Thanks Wally See response in worksheetfunctions. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from t...

Non-VBA formula to find 2nd Sunday of a given month
Can anyone help me write a formula to find the date of the second sunda in a given month? Thanks in Advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, Assuming you have a date in A1, this gives the 2nd Sunday of that date =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)+MOD(8-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1)),7)+7 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "DavidObeid&q...

Saving user account settings to a network folder
I have been able to set Outlook to look to a network folder to see the Outlook file that has the user's mail account set up in it. However, the customized signature and other program settings are not saved in this file (outlook.pst). Is there a way to save all of the customizations to the newtork as well (another file)????? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Hi Jonathan I recently had to upgrade from Ex5.5 to Ex2k and the only way I could do this was to export all the user data to a pst file and import it in to Ex2K. The only draw back was that all the things such as rules...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Protection error
Someone shared and protected a workbook that I created. I went to Tools>Sharing and unshared the workbook. Now when I try to make changes and save them I get an error that says "You must first unprotect the document". When I try to do this, however, the unprotect option on the Tools>Protection menu is not available. I have noticed that it says [Group] in the title bar. How do i turn that option off? If Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet is greyed out, you have to ungroup first. [Group] in the title bar means that you have multiple sheets selected. You can rightclick on ...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Conditional Formatting for a certain month
Having a bit of an issue at the moment, ive got the Cell for instance A1 Which contains 04-Jan-06 Basically Im after some conditional formatting to say if the month is January, then make the cell blue. Which will then lead to me making the other cells different colours depending on their month, but again, it has to be in this format (DD-MM-YY) Thanks for any help, muchly apreciated Assuming a properly formatted date, formula is =if(month(a1)=1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Advo" <max_mischief@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1158151582....

File Handle not being released with FileInfo.LastWriteTime
From an ASPX page I am trying to access the System.IO.FileInfo.LastWriteTime property of a file on the web site. The problem I have is that image file types; e/g/ gif, bmp etc; are not being released from the FileInfo object. If I access a page that reads the LastWriteTime of an image file; I cannot then update the file on the web server, until the app pool recycles. The same is not true for the text files; e.g. css, js; the FileInfo object is releasing these files. I have tried the garbage collector against the FileInfo object instance; but this did not work. Using t...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

conditional formating #4
I have an annual report spreadsheet comprised of 15 rows (1 - 15) and 5 columns (A - E). In columns "B" and "D" I add numbers from the current year, leaving future year cells blank. I highlight in yellow the blank future cells in columns "B" and "D" by a conditional format "formula is = ISBLANK(B9)". I leave past year cells in "B" and "D" with numbers but no highlight colors. I wish to highlight in green the current year numbers in columns "B" and "D", which will always be a cell above the firs...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Rich Text control formatted as bold??
I have a control field on my form that is setup as textformat = rich text. In the memo field on the form I need specific parts of the text to show up as bold. Upon form load I am populating the field with string data such as: Me.MyTextBox = "This is a test string generation." I need to set bold only one or two words of this string. The way I understood it was that if I was using Rich Text format it would convert the formatting to HTML style. But I don't see and havent found examples HTML formatting like [b] [/b] working in VBA. What is the correct way I can do t...

Delete jpg file based on Access field contents
Hello, What would be the best way to have access delete a bunch of jpg's? I have two tables in mdb format, the main table has 36000 records. When I am done with a record, I move it to a Deleted Record table (using a query and a macro). There are about 1300 of the deleted records that have an associated jpg file. The file size is around 100k, so I have around 130 meg of files cluttering up my laptop. I will never look at the jpg's again. I know it's not a lot of space, but why not have some code get rid of them? So, should I use a button on a regularly accessed Fo...

Microsoft project resources
Hi New to project, Can I allocate 2 sets of resources and how do I do it.? Hi, I'm afraid you cannot allocate a "set of resources". You can define a resource that represents a group of people (say "painters") with a capacity (Max. Units) equal to the number of resources you have (say 500%) and then allocate that resource to tasks - but you cannnot tel Project that "painters" equald Joe, Jim, Francis or Harry - whatever individual resources. It's either or: the "skill" resource or the individual one(s) But once you can ...

Microsoft Project Plan for Great Plains Installation
Does anyone have a microsoft project plan for Great Plains implementation? I will backup what Richard says. We have template built form the upgrade manual, then customize that for each client that we upgrade. My boss considers that proprietary information, so I can't share. Sorry... David "Richard L. Whaley" wrote: > In 37 years of implementing systems, I have found that any pre-written > implementation plan is incorrect. They need to be custom written based on > your firm's needs and requirements. > > -- > Richard L. Whaley > Author / Consult...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

COUNTIF using formatting?
Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: I have a list of football teams. Each week, I format the football teams that won with red font. Is there a way to find a count of those teams formatting in red and display that number in my worksheet? I know an alternate way around this would be to have a win/loss column and do a COUNTIF based on the values there. But I'm wondering if there's a way to do it based on the formatting instead of the values. Nicolle K. wrote: > Here is a basic example of what I'm trying to do: > > I have a list of football team...