you cannot save to this file format when the VBA project is protected

Urgent !!
How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
users go into the project and modify your programs.
It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
unless you unprotect your project coding ?
Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:07:08 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
workbook as often as I like.

If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.

You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.

"jchan via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is just like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not want the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved any more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
7/16/2006 2:42:16 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Urgent !!
> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
> protect the VBA project coding for viewing ? This development is jus
> like
> creating a Template with many macros programming and you do not wan
> the
> users go into the project and modify your programs.
> It can be done before, why in Excel Visual Basic version 6.3  when you
> protect the project for viewing , you workbook can not be saved an
> more,
> unless you unprotect your project coding ?
> Your kind solution at this matter is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> jchan

See if there is any information here that will help you.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826

--
Desert Piranh

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56180

Thanks for your quick response.
I do not recall what happen,may be I hit some button that even realized.  I
am a very experienced  in Macros coding and delivered a lot of this templates
to many users in  the global organization.
This is the first time that happen to me. Some other templates that I
developed do not have this happen.
Do you  knwo what is the  MicroSoft VBA help desk Email address that I can
send these issues to and ask for solution.
Again, thank you !
Jchan

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan
7/16/2006 2:58:29 AM
Desert,
Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
Your suggestion is great.
I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed the
solution.
You know what, it works.
Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
jchan

Below are the steps :

Hi all,
Thx Lucas for your comeback. No its not with all files.

I may have hit on the answer. DRJ mentioned it. I was up real late last night
going through everything looking for an ilregularity, as this is a very
important file.

I have excel set to default save as "Microsoft Excel Workbook(*.xls)". But i
went to try to save the file as a different name and i noticed it was going
to save as
"Microsoft Excel 97-2000 & 5.0/95 Workbook(*.xls)".

Even though they are both .xls they are different formats i think. I don't
know what the difference is, but i'm sure you guys know.

I saved as the first one, and have played with the file for a while, and at
this point it seems to be ok.

I have no idea how the file got saved as the second one.

My issue seems to be solved.

Thx to all for sharing your knowledge.

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still abl
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> --
>
>See if there is any information here that will help you.
>
>http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826
>
>--
>Desert Piranh

jchan
7/16/2006 4:10:53 AM
jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
> Desert,
> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
> Your suggestion is great.
> I went to the vbaexpress.com and found the same issues and followed
> the
> solution.
> You know what, it works.
> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
> jchanHi jchan,

I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561801

Desert,
Again, thank you and admire your devotion on sharing knowledge with others.
good nite, Hope things go well for you and your family.
jchan

Desert Piranha wrote:
>jchan via OfficeKB.com Wrote:
>> Desert,
>> Thanks very much for your prompt attention.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> Again, thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge.
>> jchanHi jchan,
>
>I'm very glad i was able to help. Hope things go well for you.

jchan
7/16/2006 4:33:16 AM
Dave,
I found the solution from vbaexpress.com
Thanks for your help!
jchan
Please read below :

Dave Peterson wrote:
>This is not the way excel should work.  I can protect the project and save the
>workbook as often as I like.
>
>If you can't do this, then something is very wrong.
>
>You may want to explain more what you try and what happens.
>
>> Urgent !!
>> How can we abe to save the worksheet and at the same time still able to
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>> Thanks,
>> jchan

jchan

Save copy, install SP2-3
I installed an old XP with no SP from a CD. All Firewalls seem to need an SP, so how can I get an SP on my new OS? I have tested SP2+3 saved down for Networks from Msoft, SP 2 result its not a valid win 32 program, SP3= you need at least SP1. All I can think of is to find an old disc with an old firewall, but I guess it cant be updated. Anton, you may be roaming around in a shady legal area. Where did this WinXP CD come from?? "Anton" <nospam_to@n.ton> wrote in message news:%23t48PPWdKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I installed an old XP with no...

Bought Pub 2003 now it won't open my Pub 2003 file
I just bought Publisher 2003 yesterday. I spent 3 hours creating a project. I tried to laod the saved project and got the message "Publisher can not open file. I tried open pun 97 files with the same result. I've used Publisher 2.0, 97 for years. What am I missing? Most likely you are running Norton Anti-Virus. Norton AV can actually break a Publisher file rendering it unusable. You need to disable script-blocking and possibly the Office plug-in components of Norton AV. Refer to http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help...

How to convert Quicken QFX files?
I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in >Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? Have you tried File->Import? ...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

enumerating file on a directory
hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter like "*.h" and store the result on an array on VC++. tnx, hope you guys can help. I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you? http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html Look For CFileFind Class if working in MFC or FindFirstFile FindNextFile or FindClose if you project based on Win32 -- cheers, Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "lawrence" <las@cybees.com> wrote in message news:#NvsWCRXFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, How can i enumerate files on a directory based on a filter...

Log files in Great Plains 8.0
We use a web based program to import orders from our website into Great Plains. We have recently come across some errors where invoices show up with no associated order or customer information. The only thing that shows on these invoices is item information. I believe these invoices are generated somehow by a glitch in the import we do for our web orders. Is there a log file somewhere in GP where I can see what information was entered based on date? Or if anyone else has experienced this problem before, am I correct in my assumption that the "ghost" invoices are being caused by ...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

Outlook pst file
My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve info from this pst. You could try the inbox repair tool, scanpst.exe David "Ajay" <ajayget@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:07e301c358de$6534d0d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My original pst file was about 30 mb in size. Somehow it > is corrupted and showing only 30 kb in size. I am not able > to recover my previous info. Is there any way to retrieve > info from this pst. ...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

Copy a file with only values no formulas
Is there an easy way to copy a workbook so that it only has the values and not the formulas? Thank you. -- Lee Coleman Right click on a sheet tab and select all sheets. Then select all cells on the active sheet. Do a copy, then Edit, paste special, values. Right click on a sheet tab and select ungroup sheets. Save the workbook under a different name!!!! Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:OIOx4$FeHHA.4020@TK2MSFTN...

No files selected in openfiledialog
How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) I've tried if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... and if ubound(openfiledialog1.filenames) = -1 then ... but both these give compile errors. Grateful for advice. Am 11.05.2010 15:46, schrieb simonc: > How can I test for openfiledialog OK clicked without any files being > selected? (I'm using it with multiple select as true.) > > I've tried > > if openfiledialog1.filenames = nothing then ... > &g...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

VBA Help #6
I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. I'm looking for the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a certain column, descending. After sorting, I want Excel to provide shading in alternating rows. For example: Row 2 - no shading Row 3 - Shading Row 4 - no shading Row 5 - shading. Thanks in advance for the help. On Jan 25, 10:47=A0am, SHalper <scott.m.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. =A0I'm looking for > the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a > certain column,...

Relative File locations
I have a program that opens file #1 in folder XYZ. In this file is a reference to another file #2 in another folder. Is there a way to reference file #2 so if I put file #2 and file #1 in the same folder, the reference will always be made to the folder that contains the file #1, no matter where I may relocate it? Thanks, ...

Answer file local admin password
Hi, I am trying to apply a local admin password to all PC's during my ghost roll out. Everthing works from my answer file with the only exception the local admin password is not applied. Here is the current part of my answer file [GuiUnattended] AdminPassword="R0ver" EncryptedAdminPassword=NO ...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

Schedueled Auto Send .xls File to Receipients
I have an MS2007...I have a progress tracking excel spreadsheet that I must send to certain associates on a biweekly basis. What functionality exists or coding is reqiuried for my document to be automatically sent to selected receipients on a scheduled basis until the project is complete? ...

Excel cant SAVE added data?
This is a copy/paste with minor edits from post submitted yesterday ... Excel 2000 ... I have a single page spread sheet (my own) ... built in Excel 2000 (still Excel 2000) that was working fine. After expanding the spread sheet to handle more equipment I received error message stating: Excel can not SAVE all of the added data & formatting ... Here I had the option to select OK without fixing ... CANCEL ... or ... HELP. I selected HELP & ended up on a blank HELP Page ... So now I am turning to this board. Anybody know what gives? Could I be running into a formatting limit i...

graph troubles in VBA macros
Hello, I'm having troubles with creating some graphs with an Excel VBA Macro. I would like to create about 35 graphs from a set of data stored in a unique datasheet. As the set of data can change (length, numbers, etc ..) I created a macro to generate the graph starting from a template graph. The macro runs correctly a few times but after a variable number of graph (from 5 to 15, it depends on the weather), it crashes with : Run-Time Error '-2147417848 (80010108)' : Methode 'XValues' of object 'series' failed If i go in debug mode and repeat the error, I get : ...

Preventing auto-formatting when Replacing
Say I have a cell that contains LED2/14 The cell is formatted as Text. If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to prevent this infuriating behavior? Thanks, Frank How about: Edit|Replace LED with ' (apostrophe) Frank Marousek wrote: > > Say I have a cell that contains > > LED2/14 > > The cell is formatted as Text. > > If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting > the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to...

Statement Format
Does anyone have or know of where to find a statement template that only has the transaction number and amout. Customer does not want all the item detail that has already been printed on the invoice. How can you modify the statement? Could not find anything for statements at Customersource. Thanks. -- SG Where do you get these reciept formats from? David "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> wrote in message news:eNa9RVWUGHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Try the attached file. > > You must use a NewsReader, such as OutlookExpress, in order to see the > at...

New pst file
When I split off my pst file into a new one for a different email account, will it point to my existing Rules file and auto-corrects or will I need to create new ones? Thanks, Sherry ...

Properly Formated Spreadsheet
I have been given the task of training all our office worker how to properly format an Excel spreadsheet. Since I am a self taught Excel user I wasn't trained on the "proper" spreadsheet design. I am looking for a book or a good web site that will teach that. I am not even sure how a spreadsheet is properly designed. I was told it should list variables, assumptions and formulas. Any one ideas how do this? Thanks, Marty Marty Try Professional Excel Development http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321262506/qid=1119301729/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-7156060-962...